Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 21, 2017 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't really like Cavendish at first but now after killing that annoying brat I adore him.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 2, 2020 10:17 AM

Jun 2016
These episodes away from the main cast have been kind of awesome?! This one was strong like the Sai and Baby 5 episode if you ask me! This one being a huge clash between Bartolomeo, Cavendish/Hakuba, Gladius, Ideo, and Dellinger intersecting, of course a small moment of badassery from Robin too. It had a great sense of flow. To start with, I liked the set up of Bartolomeo and Cavendish butting heads with each other, and Bartolomeo mocking Cavendish from inside of the barrier, something which is then paralleled with Hakuba picking on Bartolomeo from the other side of the barrier with the same shot. I presume Bartolomeo, fired up, may have knocked Cavendish out, but it seems no one really understood the events that happened before them.

While that stuff was being set up, Dellinger was finishing off Ideo so he could go to Gladius’ side. Ideo had a super manly self sacrifice moment, the kind that always makes me think of Saint Seiya as nothing has ever come close to the way that series does it, but this was not a disappointment by any means. Ideo stated he did not care to win this fight, he probably knew he couldn’t, rather, while tanking hit after hit on his wound as if Dellinger was Cabaji or something, he stated he was simply buying time so Luffy could kick Doflamingo’s ass. While missing a hit but revealing Dellinger’s horns as a natural part of himself, Dellinger got angry, he set out his fangs, making me think of Arlong honestly, and tore into Ideo before kicking him off the plateau. If this wasn’t One Piece, I’d have assumed he was dead, regardless, good stuff Ideo you did good.

The frightening song as Dellinger reached Gladius and Gladius wared him to flee let us know to be anticipating something serious and Hakuba struck Dellinger without giving him a chance to react. He showed fear for his life and shock and Hakuba gave no sympathy as a destructive force of nature, tearing through the scared Dellinger as he screamed, presumably taking out a top executive like it was nothing. This was obviously set up in retrospect and a formulaic set up at that, but I don’t care because it was awesome. Hakuba was already scary but to show such a frightening character taken out after showing his maximum strength is a good way to let us know this is serious. It created an impending sense of chaos, that Hakuba may coincidentally be a friend now, but he is not in the long term and if he’s not dealt with then he’s going to turn on his former allies. Bartolomeo hiding from him as if he was a child on the other side of the glass at the zoo only added to that, this feeling that no one could contest him which made for him chasing Robin to be sincerely frightening.

That frightening nature of the scene made for her response to be super gosh dang radical as it tore through all the tension and horror that was building up throughout the scene and in a sense, had been building up since we met Hakuba and had been asking when the next time he’d awaken was. She straight up Kaworu’d Hakuba, she stopped him in his tracks and held him up with those massive hands telling him that as scary and quick as he was, it was useless. My girl Robin getting some cool screen time!! I do hope Dellinger isn’t done with for good though, he has an intriguing background and I was hoping for some Baby 5 treatment. But if not, there’s enough to read into that he’s still an effective character outside of his great performance and unique design.
May 25, 2021 3:07 AM

May 2016
Bartolomeo unintentionally knocking out Cavendish with his barrier because he was horny was definitely better than having him let him get blown up by Gladius' attack, that's for sure. It might've led to the same outcome but he ended up being a moron instead of an asshole and I wouldn't like it any other way~

With how he got the newly-transformed Dellinger to go down for the count so quickly, it's no wonder that Hakuba shows up very rarely. I was very relieved that Robin was able to handle the situation efficiently enough for her to act all playful towards him.

Aug 14, 2021 6:06 AM

Jun 2019
I hate Dellinger so much. I'm so glad that Cavendish defeated him. But, damn he's hella creepy. Robin is so cool.
Aug 28, 2021 4:25 AM

Aug 2021
Hakuba just went berserk on Dellinger

then played with barrier a little

Robin was able to catch him :D
Nov 25, 2021 4:02 AM
Jan 2021
Cavendish is creepy yet cool. Hope to see him more like that.
Sep 4, 2022 3:55 PM
Jan 2021
ı god damn love it ı am soo inlovee this anime
Jun 11, 2023 7:43 AM
Jun 2023
boring biscuit fight in wholecake island which is way too long
Jul 12, 2023 2:12 PM
Dec 2020
The best Anime Ever
Aug 27, 2023 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
I can't get tired of Bartolomeo fanboy-ing moment.

Hakuba is scary af.
What now Dellinger?

Now i want to see Hakuba vs Doflamingo.
davidyodo24Aug 27, 2023 9:03 AM
Dec 11, 2023 7:23 PM
Feb 2022
Dillinger didn't last nothing.

Spanish translation: No duro nada Dillinger.
Feb 18, 9:04 AM

Oct 2020
I really wanna know how Cavendish got this kinda power...Gotta love Bartolomeo in this episode though
Jun 21, 10:17 AM

Apr 2009
Bartolomeo said:
So what-kinda-vendish is he?

I mean he was right to wonder. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

48 by PrimeX »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 698 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 20, 2015

73 by GT1Studios »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Sep 25

20 by Cielord »»
11 hours ago

» Generation xerox

28012001 - 12 hours ago

0 by 28012001 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

48 by Atlas77 »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.