Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 3, 2015 1:28 AM

May 2015
Fintan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I don't get why sex with friends is still seen as weird. I think it's best to do it with friends. You're already friendly and trusting with each other, so if something goes wrong you'll help each other.

I've had friends where it works, but if it's more then just the occasionally thing then at least one of you usually starts to have stronger feelings. There's jealousy, expectations, ext. Friends with benefits is a nice way of saying an open relationship basically.

It can work, and when it does it is great. Most of the time though you might as well be dating the person and just kind of be agreed that it's mainly about sex and that the friendship is the more important part. It ends up being kind of a less stressful relationship I find.

However, if one of you does start to feel like it should get serious they should be honest. Honesty... It's the key.

You have more experience than me so I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the warning though. Maybe, if I'll get FWB I will handle them better.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 3, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2011
PerpetualTrance said:
Fintan said:

It's not an ad hominem if I've said I'm no longer debating the topic, it's simply me calling him obnoxious... You and your friend try way to hard to sound intelligent rather then staying focused on the topic.

ad hominem
ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adverb & adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

By all definitions, that was an ad hominem. Now I admit that I went easy on you last night ignoring your utter bias and your feigning insecurities, but let me clear myself out before you go on further spreading the shit I never said around. So, the line you put in bold, the one about tolerance and apathy, is what in your view? nonsense? Good. Now I expect you to never comment in any thread regarding any world matter that doesn't concern you. I expect you to not call anyone a weaboo, to not criticize a self-loathing suicidal teenager, to not make comments on any one's life who is not you. Go on, spread your apathy. Apathy is the death of progression.

Now then, about the virgin shaming and slut-shaming. The former is usually done for the reasons that virgins are associated with 'losers', in a broader sense. The later is done on the basis that promiscuity is never desired and if you see traed's post above, you'll get to know why. What I was saying is that, whereas the reason for slut-shaming remains true in all scenarios, the reason for virgin-shaming does not. People can remain virgin for a plethora of reasons; not just them being 'losers'.

If promiscuity is undesired in your society, then one should have all the right to criticize it; regardless of ''it doesn't hurt muh feelings blahblahblah''. Liberalism, secularism never imply apathy. They only imply 'tolerance'. Tolerance is when you criticize yet let them be. Apathy is when you don't even care. The later never results in the betterment of an individual, let alone a whole society.

You're wasting your time typing that much. I don't care about your opinion on this.
Dec 3, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2015
Fintan said:

You're wasting your time typing that much. I don't care about your opinion on this.

Willfull ignorance feels real good, aye?
Dec 3, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2015
._.
Dec 3, 2015 10:40 AM

Apr 2011
PerpetualTrance said:
Fintan said:

It's not ignorance on my part. You've shown you're bloated ego and bias regarding this topic eliminates any purpose of discussing it further with you. Also calling you a jerk is not an ad hominem... Look at it in the context it was said, I had before hand already ceased discussing/debating the topic.

You said...

"PS I don't agree with the belief 'duh, it's their life it's not hurting anyone blablabla''. I believe in tolerance, not apathy."

If anything THAT was a better example of an ad hominem. You misquoted me and added a tone of idiocy to it, as to belittle and take away from what I had said.

You also ignored I said "If they're not hurting anyone then a person's sex life should not be the concern of anyone but themselves and the people they are with.".
Dec 3, 2015 10:50 AM

Nov 2015
Fintan said:
PerpetualTrance said:

It's not ignorance on my part. You've shown you're bloated ego and bias regarding this topic eliminates any purpose of discussing it further with you. Also calling you a jerk is not an ad hominem... Look at it in the context it was said, I had before hand already ceased discussing/debating the topic.

You said...

"PS I don't agree with the belief 'duh, it's their life it's not hurting anyone blablabla''. I believe in tolerance, not apathy."

If anything THAT was a better example of an ad hominem. You misquoted me and added a tone of idiocy to it, as to belittle and take away from what I had said.

You also ignored I said "If they're not hurting anyone then a person's sex life should not be the concern of anyone but themselves and the people they are with.".

And that exactly is what we call 'apathy', my chumling. Apathy says, 'it's none of my concern'. Tolerance says, 'it is my concern but I'll let them be'. Simple as hell.
Dec 3, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
PerpetualTrance said:
Fintan said:

You said...

And that exactly is what we call 'apathy', my chumling. Apathy says, 'it's none of my concern'. Tolerance says, 'it is my concern but I'll let them be'. Simple as hell.

Way to just completely side step everything I said there.

GG. Talking with you is pointless.
Dec 3, 2015 11:26 AM

Mar 2014

how to spot a fuckboy:

- white nike tube socks with his adidas sandals
- he wants to play 20 questions (!!!!!!!!! do not play !!!!!!!!!!! especially if there’s a “;)” involved)
- relies on his mom but doesn’t respect women
- looks like he just read one of jaden smith’s tweets in all of his selfies
can’t find the clitoris

fuckboys come in all shapes and sizes and results may vary but when he a fuckboy…he a fuckboy…and u will know

IM FUCKING CRYING HAHAHAHAHA
Dec 3, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2009
The slut/stud double standard exists for biological and evolutionary reasons that no amount of birth control or condoms will fix.

Women will have more reproductive success if they are more selective and only choose men with the best genetics. Pregnancy is a resource and time consuming and mating with just anyone is not a good reproductive strategy.

Men will have more reproductive success if they reproduce with all potential women that can give birth. Men can produce billions of gametes and don't have to worry about pregnancy thus "spreading their seed" as much as they can will yield the best results.

Thus males have to compete with each other for females, but females don't have to do the same.

People want to think about sex and reproduction as completely different things, but it is only very recently that we have things like birth control and condoms. Our bodies and our brains have yet had the chance to adapt to these changes. Ignoring the biological aspect and only focusing on the social will leave you with a skewed and unreliable perspective.
LoneWolfDec 3, 2015 11:43 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 3, 2015 12:13 PM
Feb 2014
>MAL still would rather talk about the gender roles being either radicalized or the sole focus of reactionary politics

Dec 3, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2011
Nico- said:
>MAL still would rather talk about the gender roles being either radicalized or the sole focus of reactionary politics

You know you can create your own thread topics....
Dec 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2013

This page.
Dec 4, 2015 12:57 AM

May 2015
LoneWolf said:
The slut/stud double standard exists for biological and evolutionary reasons that no amount of birth control or condoms will fix.

Women will have more reproductive success if they are more selective and only choose men with the best genetics. Pregnancy is a resource and time consuming and mating with just anyone is not a good reproductive strategy.

Men will have more reproductive success if they reproduce with all potential women that can give birth. Men can produce billions of gametes and don't have to worry about pregnancy thus "spreading their seed" as much as they can will yield the best results.

Thus males have to compete with each other for females, but females don't have to do the same.

People want to think about sex and reproduction as completely different things, but it is only very recently that we have things like birth control and condoms. Our bodies and our brains have yet had the chance to adapt to these changes. Ignoring the biological aspect and only focusing on the social will leave you with a skewed and unreliable perspective.

It doesn't mean we should endorse the stud/slut dichotomy. All it does is make life worse.
Dec 15, 2015 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
People who go around sleeping with loads of people generally tend to be a type of person you don't want to be around. you know unless you want to get laid. If you sleep with enough people to be called the town bike wheres the self respect in that, giving it away easy is not a sign of empowerment.
Dec 15, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2015
i think the internet forgets that women can slut shame too.
Dec 15, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
scruf4ls said:
i think the internet forgets that women can slut shame too.

I see more women calling each other sluts irl
Dec 15, 2015 3:12 PM

Feb 2014
traed said:
Red_Keys said:
James Bond isn't what anybody would call "respectable". He's a fantasy, for sure, but part of that fantasy is being a "bad boy"- somebody who's kind of an asshole.

I'd compare it to something like Sex and the City. Those girls are sluts, and the show was huge. There's a definite appeal there. It's a fantasy. But in "the real world", these characters and these traits aren't respected.
Dear gods, please don't remind me Sex and the City ever existed.

Possibly the worst show of the past 20 years - 3 horrible, snobby hookers and their mum roaming the city with cringe-worthy dialogue and an almost non-existent plot, I would compare it to 50 shades of grey and twilight fan fiction but even those aren't as irritating and cringeworthy.
Where the fuck did Monday go?
Dec 16, 2015 6:07 AM

Oct 2015
devinder said:
'Cause we're salty about it. Men have to work at it. Women just have to say 'yes.' A fat, hairy man has to work to get pussy. A fat, hairy woman? That's some guy's fetish.
Dec 17, 2015 9:13 AM

May 2015
Spooks said:
People who go around sleeping with loads of people generally tend to be a type of person you don't want to be around. you know unless you want to get laid. If you sleep with enough people to be called the town bike wheres the self respect in that, giving it away easy is not a sign of empowerment.

I don't get the logic behind this.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you glad you were born?

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

3 by luffysenchou »»
7 minutes ago

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

removed-user - Sep 26

37 by Skaldi2 »»
15 minutes ago

» How pure are you?

Ejrodiew - 7 hours ago

34 by Cneq »»
23 minutes ago

» How comfortable would you be as a team manager?

Sad - 5 hours ago

7 by JaniSIr »»
24 minutes ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

45 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.