Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone here buy anime on blu ray, if not, why?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 18, 2015 8:00 PM

Sep 2014
I buy the anime i really like. Your stupid not to support the industry in some way be it buying a couple blurays, buying figurines or subbing to crunchy roll/funimation. The core market is in japan, everything else is just gravy to them. At the very least A crunchyroll account/funimation account are only like 5 dollars a month, if you can't afford that you should really reevaluate your life.
davinci12Nov 18, 2015 8:06 PM
Nov 18, 2015 8:56 PM
Dec 2014
Okay? It is your money. If you have enough of it to spend on anime blurays good for you!

And I'll get it for free.

Thus now we're both happy and satisfied. The world can be good sometimes.
Nov 18, 2015 9:00 PM
Dec 2014
Major123 said:
Well those people will never get a chance to own the Kara no Kyoukai blu-ray box set, its mine and mine alone.

I haven't checked but its probably on bakaBT.

Just kidding- the only reason there is for buying anime is if you are a collector. And everyone has their hobbies.
Nov 18, 2015 9:02 PM

May 2014
shintai88 said:
Why do you care what people think, Spend your money as you like.
Nov 18, 2015 9:43 PM
Sep 2013
This whole rejection of physical media you see in kids today is weird. I don't like everything being based on whether my internet connection is working at the moment.
Nov 18, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2015
no. but when people don't want to really buy it but are sorely doing it to "save the industry" then i find it a waste of money. and sad.
Nov 18, 2015 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
GodAndTheBear said:
This whole rejection of physical media you see in kids today is weird. I don't like everything being based on whether my internet connection is working at the moment.

Internet is pretty much in center of social interactions nowadays.
People spend a lot of time on it so no wonder they use it at full.
Nov 18, 2015 11:26 PM

Feb 2015
kuuderu said:
GodAndTheBear said:

Internet is pretty much in center of social interactions nowadays.
People spend a lot of time on it so no wonder they use it at full.

ikr, it's nearly laughable when people say the internet is irrelevant.

it's very much the complete opposite.
Nov 18, 2015 11:37 PM

Jun 2015
Randoll_ said:
mayukachan said:

Why do you think that? I'm certain she is a female.

A female wouldn't type the way he does.
A female wouldn't be a fan of female seiyuus but male ones
'Her' taste is too good for a female.
'She' pretends to like boys love but all her favourites are not

Lol
Nov 18, 2015 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
Randoll_ said:
Comic_Sans said:
^Pretty much this

Screw their stupid morality sermons, I'm not gonna support an industry that threats its workers like slaves

the hypocrisy I guess you don't do many things in your life then?
Wensbane said:
Comic_Sans said:
I'm not gonna support an industry that threats its workers like slaves

Good luck with that one.
If I can avoid it, then I do

And when it comes to the anime industry, I can

So no hypocrisy here
mayukachan said:
Randoll_ said:

A female wouldn't type the way she does.
A female wouldn't be a fan of female seiyuus but male ones
'Her' taste is too good for a female.
'She' pretends to like boys love but all her favourites are not

Sexist? I type like her sometimes. lol It's easy to type in her style.
I'm a fan of female seiyuus too. For the record, she's bisexual.
No, fuck you for thinking males have better Anime taste.
She reads several BL series and we've talked about it. She likes BLCDs and many gay ships.

Get out.
Bae <3
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 18, 2015 11:45 PM

Jun 2008
I've got a few thoughts....

#1 people who "support the industry" do so because they genuinely care.

To some this is a big hobby and they also like to collect....almost everyone has hobbies and collects things.

As a sports fan I collect various sports memorabilia along with my favorite teams merchandise.....to some people that's seen as dumb or a "waste" of money.

But that's what I'm into....same for anime fans that want to buy their anime.

#2 I do find irony in people who ridicule those that DO support their anime hobby but then these same people bitch about why their favorite anime isn't getting a sequel or why they only got 12 episodes, etc.

#3 Ultimately, what people do with their money is their business, I try not to question their decisions, unless there is some serious adverse effect on how they are spending their money.
Nov 19, 2015 3:17 AM

Jan 2008
Depends on what you are paying for. For example, let's take Crunchyroll. You are an American, so if you pay for CR, you get dozens upon dozens on anime to watch. If you pay for CR, you are making a wise purchase. I am a Romanian. I am region locked out of about 70% of CR. If I'm paying for CR, I am stupid. If you are paying for Funimation or Daisuki, with their HORRID encoding, then you are stupid, period.

That being said, I don't pay for anime because I can get it for free.
Nov 19, 2015 5:47 AM
Dec 2014
GodAndTheBear said:

1 order a 300$ box set online and wait several weeks for it to ship
2 download a show in 3 hours utilizing the excellent internet infrastructure we have in this country

I have several anime on my laptop waiting for me to watch them. And with the right setup you can watch stuff in good quality. Uploaders have become really good at encoding.
Nov 19, 2015 5:50 AM
Jul 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
I know people RL from Scandinavia who actually pay for Crunchyroll, a service that spits on and wipes its ass with Scandinavian customers, having less than 15% of the content at a higher price than Americans get.

Honestly, yes, that shows quantifiable mental stunty.

Especially the ones who justify it with "but I use a VPN" - that's just paying to break the law, not winning any points with that.

Also, people who still use optical media in 2015 may not be stupid, but certainly living in the past. At least I don't know anyone IRL who still use discs, so I guess it's a thing in poorer countries.

Hey, discs provide security and comfort compared to digital files, which could get messed in plenty of ways. Plus they look cool on the shelf.
Nov 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Jun 2007
Comic_Sans said:

Screw their stupid morality sermons, I'm not gonna support an industry that threats its workers like slaves
As I said on another thread, nothing says "I don't support slavery" like insisting on getting the products of other people's labor for free. And more studios going bankrupt = even more downward pressure on wages as more workers compete over fewer jobs.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Nov 19, 2015 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
Zalis said:
Comic_Sans said:

As I said on another thread, nothing says "I don't support slavery" like insisting on getting the products of other people's labor for free.
Uhmmm no

Because my money doesn't go to the animators (or only a tiny, almost unexisting bit of it), instead it goes straight to the big bosses who rule the industry
and more studios going bankrupt = even more downward pressure on wages as more workers compete over fewer jobs.
And at least, the anime industry will die

I don't see what the problem is

#knugen4prez #successbreedsjealousy #försverigeitiden
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 19, 2015 11:53 AM
Mar 2015
Randoll_ said:
mayukachan said:
No, I thought your quote was directed towards me too. I was mistaken.

Btw, she is a girl.

Ah I see. No, he is a boy

Futanari!
Nov 19, 2015 11:59 AM
Feb 2009
TonyTheme said:
The best anime are released without english subtitles and never make it overseas.

And those translated have a questionable translation quality.
Nov 19, 2015 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
lukevonbritannia said:
Randoll_ said:

Ah I see. No, he is a boy

Futanari!
Nigga I ain't no intersex

I'm a girl – nothing more, nothing less
Nico- said:
Nov 19, 2015 8:48 PM

Jan 2009
Warning:?what I post is my opinion and theory. I'm not responsible if people take what I type as fact.
Nothing is free, some one eventually has to pay.
I'm guessing the price of DVDs or blurays depends on what company and or business is producing and selling the DVDs and blurays. Plus the content, quality, quantity , condition, shipping of the product, etc are possible factors for the price of a product . Who knows one might be paying for the gas the delivery vehicle uses to deliver the product one is buying. How would one know for sure why the price of the product varies from business to business or company to company . If u buy a pair of pants at target for $50 those same pair of pants could be $120 at Macys. Samething happens with DVDs.
JersaniNov 19, 2015 9:00 PM
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why are there so few if any space sci-fi isekai ?

tchitchouan - Today

19 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you ever afraid to rewatch an anime?

Akuya - 2 hours ago

8 by perseii »»
15 minutes ago

» Which DIRECTION Is Your Waifu Facing?

BerriesSan - 6 hours ago

14 by Timeline_man »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Jun 25

51 by Nekosawrus »»
26 minutes ago

» Have you ever watched raw anime/movie because you couldn't wait for its Eng Sub/Dub? Was it enjoyable to do that? :)

Rinrinka - Jun 21

24 by Hikinekomori »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.