Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
Mich666 said:
kaimax said:
Just simply think that this 2nd anime, retcons the incomplete ending of the 1st one. Please keep in mind that it's the original Studio's FAULT for this retcon.

Nice to say this but the studio is in fact the same for both animes.

First anime was by Oriental Light and Magic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLM,_Inc.
Itsuwari is being made by White Fox https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Fox

Which part of that "is in fact the same"?
They don't even have the same staff.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 25, 2015 12:05 AM

Feb 2014
From the first four episodes I see no requirement to seeing the original season. So far completely new characters and setting. The only thing linking to the first season so far is the world its set in.
Oct 25, 2015 12:10 AM

Dec 2013
I really hope that the sequel is not as fucking awful as the 2006 one, oh my god
Oct 25, 2015 1:11 AM

Mar 2013
robis798 said:
I really hope that the sequel is not as fucking awful as the 2006 one, oh my god

Same lmao, I was way more optimistic for this show until I watched the 2006 one because everyone said you had to and found out it's TERRIBLE! At least the mc's better gg, though it'd be hard to make someone worse...
Oct 25, 2015 1:23 AM

Jul 2007
eXtacy67 said:
From the first four episodes I see no requirement to seeing the original season. So far completely new characters and setting. The only thing linking to the first season so far is the world its set in.

wrong.
Oct 25, 2015 3:59 AM

Oct 2012
kaimax said:
First anime was by Oriental Light and Magic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLM,_Inc.
Itsuwari is being made by White Fox https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Fox
Which part of that "is in fact the same"?
They don't even have the same staff.

White Fox was actually found by former members of OLM who were working in Team Iwasa so it was logical thing that they would do Itsuwari too. Scenario supervision is done by the same man for example. Current president of the studio worked on the first Utawarerumono too.

And really, so far there is no need to know anything about the first series or game other than it existed. I believe if there is any need to add some continuity, they'll do it with some kind of flashback or let the character to tell the story which would be more than enough. There are possibly some cameos of old characters incoming but I doubt it they'll play any integral part in this series.
Mich666Oct 25, 2015 4:05 AM
Nov 7, 2015 5:48 PM

Apr 2011
How the series going so far? It looks like its on episode 6 now. Do I have to watch the 2006 or without it?
Nov 7, 2015 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
vansonbee said:
How the series going so far? It looks like its on episode 6 now. Do I have to watch the 2006 or without it?

I would say play the game instead. It's translated and you will get better what's happening here as previous anime did cut some lore and some adult things integral to story.
From episode 6 and judging from Kuon backstory it seems they are making sequel to the game but I may be wrong as some question weren't answered just yet. Still, you'll get more complete experience from the game and you'll also get to know how this world works.
Nov 7, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
Currently, it looks like you should watch the first series. I haven't seen the first series, and I'm quite bored by the show. On the other hand, people who have seen the first series are really excited--I guess there are some recurring characters or something.

MAL also just changed this anime to a sequel instead of alternate version. I'm not sure if the plot is continued from the first series, but I do think some of the info from the first series is necessary. I'll probably be dropping it, since I didn't watch the first series.
Nov 7, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2014
psychoalchemist said:
Currently, it looks like you should watch the first series. I haven't seen the first series, and I'm quite bored by the show. On the other hand, people who have seen the first series are really excited--I guess there are some recurring characters or something.

MAL also just changed this anime to a sequel instead of alternate version. I'm not sure if the plot is continued from the first series, but I do think some of the info from the first series is necessary. I'll probably be dropping it, since I didn't watch the first series.

It just comes to show, that you need to watch the first season since from now on.. It will get a bit complicated, also it is not to late to look into the first season. It was pretty entertaining in my opinion
Nov 10, 2015 11:15 PM
Sep 2014
psychoalchemist said:

As someone who's watched the first series, I don't think you absolutely need to watch the first one to get what's going on here. While there are a few cameos, and Tuskuru is mentioned, it doesn't seem like it's all that important. Not yet, at least.
Nov 11, 2015 12:24 AM

Jun 2008
fatalystic said:
As someone who's watched the first series, I don't think you absolutely need to watch the first one to get what's going on here. While there are a few cameos, and Tuskuru is mentioned, it doesn't seem like it's all that important. Not yet, at least.

As someone who hasn't played the 2nd game, you better just keep your opinion to yourself. No seriously.

Nov 11, 2015 1:23 AM

Dec 2007
psychoalchemist said:

Chronologically, the story takes place probably 16-20 years after the end of the first series, and several characters from the first series, or related to those from it, appear. However, it takes place in a nation that had absolutely no role in the first series, and none of the original characters have anything more than a minor role. As such, it's in a gray area where you could easily deem it a side-story that takes place after the main one, rather than a proper sequel.

As to watching the first. This most recent episode is something that is easily twice as entertaining for returning fans as it would be for new watchers, and from the very beginning, there have been several hints dropped that only those familiar with the first series/game would appreciate, and they will likely become relevant later.

However, there's nothing so far, or I expect later, that leaves a particular need to see the first series. What explanations you really need will be given on their own as needed. It's more that watching it will enhance your ability to understand and enjoy this one. So, not required, but recommended.
Nov 11, 2015 2:03 AM

Jul 2007
There's plenty of things so far that hint of just how much this story is related and tied to the first.

Why are the people so willing to claim to be experts on things they don't understand?
Nov 11, 2015 3:27 AM

Jun 2008
CookingPriest said:
Why are the people so willing to claim to be experts on things they don't understand?

Worst is when they have only watched the first anime and have never played the 1st and 2nd.
Darn it people, even the developers is saying Utawarerumono is going to be a Trilogy.

Those who actually know what happens in the 2nd game, can't say anymore unless we want to spoil the whole thing just to prove to you that you need to watch the 1st (Or better play the VNs)

Nov 15, 2015 5:55 AM
Apr 2015
I started watching this anime with no back knowledge and can admit it does seem good.

However I do get the feeling that I dont know enough about the world its in and may be missing out on things due to that. Am I right in thinking this or will more be explained a bit later on?
Nov 15, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 2014
Panther_Seraphin said:
I started watching this anime with no back knowledge and can admit it does seem good.

However I do get the feeling that I dont know enough about the world its in and may be missing out on things due to that. Am I right in thinking this or will more be explained a bit later on?

I recommend to you watch the first season... but only if you like it.
Nov 15, 2015 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
Season 1 was pretty bad imho and doesn't add anything other than some returning characters in season 2 thus far but it can change in any instant (note: bold and underline). Some of the characters, mainly some of the female ones, in season 1 had more substance in them than the female ones in season 2 so far. That was the only good thing going about the prequel. Other than that, season 1 was remarkably forgettable.

Tbh the best thing about season 2 is Haku. His laid back character is extremely entertaining whereas Hakuoro of the prequel became intolerable at one point. Imagine Emiya Kiritsugu going "Who am I?" "What am I?" in every 10 mins. The second half of season 1 was as rushed as a virgin's first time.

Despite of having said that, I think it was the adaptation of the anime that was bad— mediocre animation, too many repetitive action scenes, bad direction, pathetic voice acting of evil characters, short arcs that felt like fillers or may not have been the actual story of the original content (game). At one point of the current season I was like "WTF?! How?! When did it all happen?!" because there wasn't ANY slightest of hints in the prequel that lead to a MAJOR development in the current season, only to be explained by CookingPriest under a spoiler tag in the episode discussion thread.

I think the best thing you could do is play the game because I think the season 2 is sequel of more the game than the anime adaptation. The least you could do is watch season 2 as is and I am sure CookingPriest, kaimax and et al will help you along the way because watching season 1 didn't help me much (other than getting the feeling of nostalgia of seeing some of the old characters).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.