Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2015 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
icirate said:
-Panda_Hero- said:
The mall arc thing is one of my favourite parts of the manga and this episode made me want to roll my eyes on the amount of IMPORTANT stuff they left out and that would make their choices and what was going on not seem so random.
While I liked that they showed how Taroumaru happened to get around them and how it all started I also felt the episode skipping a lot of 'horror elements', mainly in the 1st part of the episode... that and making Miki look much more weak than she actually is.

Also, I understand why many people would be confused as to why Kurumi and company would leave the school to go outside looking for suplies when they had that store at school full of stuff from what we saw in a preview episode... Well, basically because they changed a bunch of stuff from the manga and many things are being shown in flashbacks things get confusing and we don't really see a proper reason for them to do it.
In the manga they did the 'test of courage' while Miki was still not with them. They needed supplies so they went there and got them but the store was running low on those as well.
So basically some time after they decided to go out again because they needed stuff they couldn't get at school, that's when Yuki talked about the whole 'Outing' thing and they went to the mall, meanwhile finding Miki there.

What I mean is that while I did enjoy the episode I was hoping for something different I guess...

You're not alone in that. At first I thought the decision to start the show with Miki around was a good one, but this seemingly arbitrary rearrangement of the plot is taking its toll, and the mall scene in the manga was awesome. They could have made a good 2 full episodes out of it and it would have done wonders for establishing Miki's character . . but I guess they're trying to squish the entire plot into 12 episodes?

They easily could make 2 great episodes from this arc, there was so much that could be adapted and given that idea of panic and urgency that they lived in the mall... Instead it was as someone said, they kept jumping from safe place to safe place without showing how they made it there.
For me Miki is the one with less characterization so far. She isn't much beside the underclassmen that's always complaining about Yuki's attitude and it felt like this episode they just used her in a way to "please shoujo-ai fans", although I wouldn't go there because they are best friends but I've seen a lot of people saying that *sigh*
That and made her look like she's a terrible friend

I may be biased though, as Miki is one of my favourite characters in the manga...

YoxalLoyal said:

They could and that would be pretty good imo
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 31, 2015 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
imo this episode was not the best, but still pretty ejoyable. We got to know more about Miki's past and Kurumi's fantastic abilities as a shovel samurai lol
Jul 31, 2015 6:24 AM

Jul 2007
Paulo27 said:
CookingPriest said:

If everyone relied only on logic, the world would be run by sociopaths.
Good thing the people that don't, kill themselves, uh?

Good thing we do not live in survival of the fittest jungle so they don't need to
There's actually scientific hypothesis that the most likely ones to survive a zombie apocalypse would be sociopaths or psychopaths.
Jul 31, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Guys, just go and read the manga instead of this borefest moeshit anime adaptation.
Can't believe the anime industry today, ruining something great.
I'll still be watching this stupid adaptation just because I love the manga, but no matter how I love the original, boring is boring.
edit:
nice song tho, links when, full when?
ernstJul 31, 2015 8:48 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 31, 2015 7:44 AM

Jul 2011
It was awesome! The ending was an epic!
Jul 31, 2015 7:46 AM

Jan 2015
ernst said:
Guys, just go and read the manga instead of this borefest moeshit anime adaptation.
I'll still be watching this stupid adaptation just because I love the manga, but no matter how I love the original, boring is boring.

sorry but this adaptation is really good, even with changes. Don't say bullshit, maybe this wasn't the best episode but surely better than the 1st one.
Jul 31, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
Another great episode, focusing more on how Miki dealt with the zombie apocalypse. It seems like Kei and Miki were best friends but Kei really insisted on going outside. Meanwhile, Miki decided to stay back with Taromaru. Then we see the other girls and the teacher heading out in Megu's car. Some foreshadowing going on with Megu-sensei though.
5/5
Jul 31, 2015 8:41 AM

Mar 2013
I just find it odd how quickly the situation escalated and almost no local authorities showed up and tried to quell the situation or even the army coming in to assist people , its really hard to believe that things would go to shit so badly and nothing be done about it in a modern society I just don't see that happening. Also don't they have internet or did the zombies destroy all connections? and speaking of zombies why exactly are they (what I assume to be) censored? Did they have this black aura around them in the manga?

That ending song was surprisinly good and really went well with the last scene , haven't heard a song I liked in an anime in years lol find most anime songs annoying.
Jul 31, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2013
I just love this anime more and more with every episode. Miki backstory so far is so good and sad...that ED song <3

Jul 31, 2015 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
mal theme songs not updated yet
who sang that song? I must know. I didn't read the previous pages.
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
Jul 31, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Xenocrisi said:
ernst said:

sorry but this adaptation is really good, even with changes. Don't say bullshit, maybe this wasn't the best episode but surely better than the 1st one.

no it sucks, but I would love to be proven wrong by the next eps.
Jul 31, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
ernst said:
mal theme songs not updated yet
who sang that song? I must know. I didn't read the previous pages.

Someone posted it on the first page. Come on.

YoxalLoyal said:
"We took each other's hand" by Sawada Kaori (澤田 かおり)

LoveChild said:
No no~
I don't mean the one in the mall...
I mean something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2a30--j37Q

Ah~ I see. One can't confuse that siren with any other.

Reminds me the last time we had a nation wide earthquake drill, the place where I live used ambulance/police sirens and I thought there was an accident nearby and run to the window to check, OTL.
Dreams_of_NekoJul 31, 2015 9:26 AM
Jul 31, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
Kurumi + Shovel = Badass OP~
More background story for Miki and her friend. Hmm dunno about Kei but that dog must knew something. The song that kept playing in the end give me chills, it really described the situation perfectly.
*sigh* When will Takeya Yuki learn to face the reality instead of stay in her dream world about school life..!? Seems like the apocalypse was too much for her *kawaisou ╮(╯▽╰)╭*. Don't read manga but I hope she will soon wake up from her delusion ^.^
Jul 31, 2015 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
ernst said:
Xenocrisi said:

Personally only this episode suck, the others were fine but I would still say the SoL in the manga is better so I prefer the manga. But the anime is pretty fine in itself.
Jul 31, 2015 9:29 AM

Sep 2012
Goshiin said:
I like how Yuki hums the op at the begining. :3

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jul 31, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
I'm definitely going to read the manga at some point.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jul 31, 2015 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
ernst said:
Xenocrisi said:

I like Both manga and anime there some parts of manga not show up how outbreak apocalypse Spread that only show up in anime and they explain it.

like in episode 3 anime megumi story they show up how outbreak apocalypse start that not show up in manga.

you saw spoiler tag in down right dont open it this explain why anime had more detail story explain than manga there some part of manga and anime are different but they will show it to in anime some part of manga story next episode.

danteinferno111Jul 31, 2015 10:25 AM
Jul 31, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
vanella96 said:
I'm definitely going to read the manga at some point.

do it yoooohhh! ò.ó

oh, I don't know if anyone noticed but lol, fail (not spoilers, just screenshots from the ep)
-miraiiJul 31, 2015 10:13 AM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 31, 2015 11:01 AM
Sep 2010

While everyone has a different opinion, I'm not too fond of this adaptation either. A lot of it has to do with the art and sound. In the manga, it had a darker tone to it with the school being heavily damaged with cracks and rust everywhere, you really tell this is a apocalypse. This is also enhanced with the black and white colors of the manga. But in the anime, everything in very bright colors and the school looks relatively clean for a place that was attack by zombies. I also don't like they're method of censoring the zombies, it's like they're trying too hard to not show the zombies but also them look threatening. I hate the soundtrack in this particularly the SoL tracks, it's just too cutesy for me.
Jul 31, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
so the dog belonged to an old lady before and for fuck sake at least show us some blood or gore
Jul 31, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
Zetsuei380 said:

While everyone has a different opinion, I'm not too fond of this adaptation either. A lot of it has to do with the art and sound. In the manga, it had a darker tone to it with the school being heavily damaged with cracks and rust everywhere, you really tell this is a apocalypse. This is also enhanced with the black and white colors of the manga. But in the anime, everything in very bright colors and the school looks relatively clean for a place that was attack by zombies. I also don't like they're method of censoring the zombies, it's like they're trying too hard to not show the zombies but also them look threatening. I hate the soundtrack in this particularly the SoL tracks, it's just too cutesy for me.

I agree with the soundtrack but the zombie were even less threatening in the manga at the beginning, they looked like shadow lol.
Jul 31, 2015 12:24 PM
Sep 2010
Thai777 said:
Zetsuei380 said:

I agree with the soundtrack but the zombie were even less threatening in the manga at the beginning, they looked like shadow lol.

Ok yeah i'll give you that one, but honestly they could of done a better more subtle way of censoring, because quite frankly i find the aura thing to just be dumb.

On another note I also notice a lot of inconsistencies regarding the windows of the school, in some scenes they are shown as completely undamaged while in another scene they are completely shattered.
Jul 31, 2015 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
The end.
Jul 31, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
Zetsuei380 said:
Thai777 said:

Ok yeah i'll give you that one, but honestly they could of done a better more subtle way of censoring, because quite frankly i find the aura thing to just be dumb.

On another note I also notice a lot of inconsistencies regarding the windows of the school, in some scenes they are shown as completely undamaged while in another scene they are completely shattered.

I honestly don't really care about the windows, lol. Anyways the OST in the horror scenes is reaaly really good, and i like the zombies in the anime.
Jul 31, 2015 1:40 PM
Sep 2010
Xenocrisi said:

I honestly don't really care about the windows, lol. Anyways the OST in the horror scenes is reaaly really good, and i like the zombies in the anime.

Meh different strokes i guess, I would of preferred if they utilized shadows to cover parts of the zombies face and body as a way of not showing too much of them or something along those lines instead of some aura thing. That and maybe removing the voice affect they used on them would of made them a bit more scary/disturbing for me. The window thing can be considered more of a nitpick i suppose (well a big nitpick since windows do take up a good chunk of background).
Jul 31, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2015
Zetsuei380 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Meh different strokes i guess, I would of preferred if they utilized shadows to cover parts of the zombies face and body as a way of not showing too much of them or something along those lines instead of some aura thing. That and maybe removing the voice affect they used on them would of made them a bit more scary/disturbing for me. The window thing can be considered more of a nitpick i suppose (well a big nitpick since windows do take up a good chunk of background).

Tastes.
Jul 31, 2015 5:22 PM

Sep 2014
Imo this episode was better than the previous ones, not completely satisfied but atleast I won't drop it.. Really liked when Miki screamed at the dog. Not sure what I think about Kei's decision to leave but atleast it makes things more interesting :3
Jul 31, 2015 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
Cars wouldn't last more than a few months, but this looks like it happened soon after it all started. Didn't like this episode that much compared to previous ones, but that's mostly because I don't like the two characters this episode's mainly about.

Kurumi best girl.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 31, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2011
Xenocrisi said:
Zetsuei380 said:

Tastes.

oh the cute zombies that I also hate from the manga because they're not a threat. That can easily be fixed by watching other zombie shows with scary zombies and copying them but nope. They did fix things that doesn't need fixing and made it worse.
oh and the over the top destruction of surroundings like there's a war going on, they're using bombs instead of shovels and zombies are soldiers.
Jul 31, 2015 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
I like that this series seems to be popular so far!
Kei was pretty bossy, but i can understand her line of thinking. And now we seem to know why the dog doesn't like Miki.
I wonder if we get to see what happened to Kei.
And I just keep wondering how many of the girls are actually real now...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 31, 2015 8:48 PM

May 2014
Although I absolutely love how the anime is different from the manga so far, this episode didn't do the manga justice. There were important backstories that were left out which made the story seem more superficial than it really is. The flashback may have become longer if the producers included these backstories, but I feel that they are necessary for the character development of Miki and Kei. The elements of fear and horror were also not as impressive as in the manga. I felt that they could have done a lot more with Miki's story. I wonder how the mangaka felt about this episode. Let's just hope that they are just saving the best for the last.
Jul 31, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2009
I like the anime, but I don't like it changing the order of events.
In the manga, they went to the school's shop first, then after it ran out of supplies they took the car and went to the mall.
In the anime they go to the mall first, while they still have supplies in the shool's shop.
It doesn't make any sense and this is what doesn't let me fully enjoy the anime which is otherwise good.

Also, regarding the 'cut out' scene in the mall everyone is talking about. One showing evens that let Miki and Kei from the dressing room to the other room they ended up in.
I dunno guys how you define 'cut out', but in the manga IIRC it was in Miki's diary which they've found with Miki.
So I'm pretty sure in the next episode they'll find Miki and her diary and we get to see that scene.
So untill the next episode we can't say if it was cut out or not.
And I don't remember for sure, maybe it was even later in the manga. But one thing I'm sure is it certainly was not before they found Miki.

Also, this dialog:
Yuki: I've talked to Megu-nee and we can go all right and take her car.
Kurumi: Then I guess I'll drive.
(or something like this, I don't have the episode on myself right now to check, so this is how I remember it)
Does it really sound like Kurumi is talking to Megu-nee?
Jul 31, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2007
Zetsuei380 said:

I think i prefer the way they are doing it instead of tasteless gore. It just feels more artistic and creative.
Aug 1, 2015 12:29 AM
Jun 2013
Does anyone notice that the visual of Kurumi when she fights with the zombies looks like the visual of zombie transformation in Contagion? I first thought the change of colour background is just reflecting the stressful atmosphere or her alertness in the dangerous situation, but seeing that only Kurumi has this kind of visual, I can't stop thinking that she is perhaps more than just normal human.
Aug 1, 2015 12:33 AM

Jun 2014
mrkm said:
if people seriously think megu-nee is still alive after she just suddenly appeared in the car after not being present for the entire sequence where yuki and rie are sneaking through the school then lmao.

Pretty much this. I really wasn't sure whether she was alive or dead until that happened. Her absence during all of that and then she just instant transmissioned into the car? Yeah, she ded.
Aug 1, 2015 2:24 AM

Feb 2011
-Panda_Hero- said:
oh, I don't know if anyone noticed but lol, fail (not spoilers, just screenshots from the ep)

the red ribbon should be the right one, after the swapped uniform of yuki i wonder why miki has a different ribbon too

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 1, 2015 2:26 AM

Feb 2014
Zetsuei380 said:

the damaged one is from yuki's perspective, and the undamaged one are from kurumi, ri-san, miki or third point of view perspective.it's not unconsistence, it's the animator way to tell us from whose perspective the stories are told
velineAug 1, 2015 3:35 AM
Aug 1, 2015 2:27 AM

Jul 2012
Hanako_Seishin said:
I like the anime, but I don't like it changing the order of events.

icirate said:
At first I thought the decision to start the show with Miki around was a good one, but this seemingly arbitrary rearrangement of the plot is taking its toll

One of the problems I'm having with the anime is because of this. Because they decided to have Miki at the beginning the made that most of the story had to be told through flashbacks. The are waaay too many flashbacks here and it may lead to some confusion, specially because they are changing the order of the events.

On onther note, the OST for this episode *o* specially when Kurumi was killing the zombies :3

Zeando said:
-Panda_Hero- said:

the red ribbon should be the right one, after the swapped uniform of yuki i wonder why miki has a different ribbon too

nah, they have a blue ribbon because they are 2nd years while the other 3 are 3rd years, the colour of the ribbon is what shows the difference between the years.
Those 2 screenshots are from following shots, they just forgot that Kei's ribbon was supposed to be blue like Miki's as it is in the 2nd image
-miraiiAug 1, 2015 2:30 AM
Aug 1, 2015 2:45 AM

Feb 2011
-Panda_Hero- said:
nah, they have a blue ribbon because they are 2nd years while the other 3 are 3rd years, the colour of the ribbon is what shows the difference between the years.
Those 2 screenshots are from following shots, they just forgot that Kei's ribbon was supposed to be blue like Miki's as it is in the 2nd image
oh right, didn't remember right the character design arts, and that was kei, had connected the first image with miki before the flashback

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 1, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2009
The are waaay too many flashbacks here and it may lead to some confusion, specially because they are changing the order of the events.

Yeah, since they have so many flachbacks anyway, could as well make the test of courage into another flashback without Miki in it and save the order of events. They could make the 2nd episode like someone casually mentions the test of courage in a random conversation and Miki asks "what's that about", and they say "ah, that's something from before you joined us, let us tell you", and the rest of the episode is the fleshback with the test of courage without Miki.
Aug 1, 2015 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
jyleehomu said:
Does anyone notice that the visual of Kurumi when she fights with the zombies looks like the visual of zombie transformation in Contagion? I first thought the change of colour background is just reflecting the stressful atmosphere or her alertness in the dangerous situation, but seeing that only Kurumi has this kind of visual, I can't stop thinking that she is perhaps more than just normal human.

The zombies has the dark aura just when there is Kurumi to not make her remember that are humans, she'd have problems without the dark aura.
Aug 1, 2015 4:10 AM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:
jyleehomu said:

The zombies has the dark aura just when there is Kurumi to not make her remember that are humans, she'd have problems without the dark aura.

So Kurumi is suffering from delusions of a sort too? Makes sense that she's so sympathetic to Yuki if that's true.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 1, 2015 4:17 AM

Jan 2009
The zombies has the dark aura just when there is Kurumi

Interesting. Makes me wonder how (and if) it will change after... you know...
major spoiler here
Aug 1, 2015 6:02 AM

Dec 2012
Normally find constant flashbacks annoying but I feel like they're justified in this case (I want to see how everything came to happen), not to mention they're done quite well.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 1, 2015 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
SukiMikasa said:
why didn't Miki go with them and where was Miki in the episode?

I have the same question? Where was she???
Aug 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2011
soulpiper said:
SukiMikasa said:
why didn't Miki go with them and where was Miki in the episode?

lol here the first victims of flashback confusion xD
it was a flashback, their car trip happened before they did find miki, so she wasn't with them
all the episode, aside from the first minutes, was a flashback

Aug 1, 2015 6:53 AM

Jan 2015
Zeando said:
soulpiper said:

lol here the first victims of flashback confusion xD
it was a flashback, their car trip happened before they did find miki, so she wasn't with them
all the episode, aside from the first minutes, was a flashback

Wait guys, your fault that didn't pay attention to the dialogue since yuki said "The three of use will..." and there were just three beds.
Aug 1, 2015 7:28 AM

Jul 2007
Some posts in this thread make me lose all hope in future of human intelligence...
Aug 1, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly liked Miki's story the best, her friend is selfish hope she dies painfully, guess next 2 week will be the sempai and then only 5 eps of their survival :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 1, 2015 8:57 AM

Feb 2011
Zee530 said:
Honestly liked Miki's story the best, her friend is selfish hope she dies painfully, guess next 2 week will be the sempai and then only 5 eps of their zombie slice of life :(

poor kei xD
she gave up on help coming after all the time they stayed in that single room, so she decided going out was better
maybe if she had more CDs she could have endured more, miki hasn't finished her book yet in the present xD

i'm liking this psychosis view of a zombie apocalypse, aren't the character of other zombie stories far too much calm and collected? seeing friends or just common people getting eaten or turning into monsters

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2015

235 by MrList »»
Jun 26, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

290 by MrList »»
Jun 21, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

381 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

537 by MrList »»
Jun 10, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.