Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
bayanime14 said:
TheRealNico said:
Willis can be replaced. This isn't a big deal. They now have Bowman and Borland, two above above average ILBs. I hope Willis eventually gets into coaching, he seems like the right guy to do it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12448761/nfl-warns-all-32-teams-contract-leaks

Kind of happy we didn't do anything yet.

LOL "This isn't a big deal"

You must be new to football.

He only made the Pro-Bowl his first 7 years in the league (of his 8 seasons), has been the face of the defense and franchise since he's been there, and just got a toe injury in week 6 last year which sidelined him. No big deal.

But to be fair, Nico is a Cattle fan :P

It's the end of an era (a short ass one) for the Niners especially since Justin Smith is expected to retire as well. Welcome to Yed Jork's vision of the future.
Mar 9, 2015 9:49 AM
Feb 2014
bayanime14 said:
TheRealNico said:
Willis can be replaced. This isn't a big deal. They now have Bowman and Borland, two above above average ILBs. I hope Willis eventually gets into coaching, he seems like the right guy to do it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12448761/nfl-warns-all-32-teams-contract-leaks

Kind of happy we didn't do anything yet.

LOL "This isn't a big deal"

You must be new to football.

If I discarded his injuries I apologize, however, in order to get younger and healthier you need to make sure that you need apply. I understand Willis may be instrumental to almost all of the defensive successes San Francisco has had over the past 8 years he's been in the league, but sometimes when you do have good enough replacements in line like Borland, you have to sort of feel optimistic for him too.

It's what keeps a franchise effective. Players come and players go. Players usually aren't the same after injuries these days, maybe it ruins their passion for playing. I probably should not have said it's not a "big deal," what I meant to say was, Willis can be replaceable so it's not exactly the end of the world for the 49ers defense.

I was impressed with Borland, think he played just like Willis at times, they're not the same player understandably, yet when a young option is in line, the safest bet to franchise stability is giving the young a chance rather than blocking their potential.
Mar 9, 2015 9:59 AM
Sep 2014
If I discarded his injuries I apologize, however, in order to get younger and healthier you need to make sure that you need apply. I understand Willis may be instrumental to almost all of the defensive successes San Francisco has had over the past 8 years he's been in the league, but sometimes when you do have good enough replacements in line like Borland, you have to sort of feel optimistic for him too.

It's what keeps a franchise effective. Players come and players go. Players usually aren't the same after injuries these days, maybe it ruins their passion for playing. I probably should not have said it's not a "big deal," what I meant to say was, Willis can be replaceable so it's not exactly the end of the world for the 49ers defense.

I was impressed with Borland, think he played just like Willis at times, they're not the same player understandably, yet when a young option is in line, the safest bet to franchise stability is giving the young a chance rather than blocking their potential.[/quote]

I agree that Borland is very capable of playing to the level Willis played at during the early stages of his career.
I guess i'm just taking this new harder than other people because my personal sentiment.
Mar 9, 2015 10:13 AM
Feb 2014
I probably should have taken into account how people who saw Willis as their favorite player felt, it's my fault I apologize. I didn't wanna hurt you, lol
Mar 9, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
Fantasee said:
TheRealNico said:

Aren't they trading Gallette to clear cap space?

Seems like they are at least shopping him. Apparently Curtis Lofton is on the block too.

Curtis Lofton released.

Also, the Patriots are letting Revis become a free agent.
Mar 9, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
Good to see Will Hill come back to the Ravens.
Mar 9, 2015 5:21 PM

Apr 2013
Frank Gore re-thinking Eagles decision; may be on market again and considering the Colts

Oh this is so glorious. Please let this happen.
dankzelMar 9, 2015 5:43 PM
Mar 9, 2015 9:25 PM
Feb 2014
Apparently we're the front runners for Cary Williams again, *sigh*

Worst contract so far has to be the Jags paying $20 Million to DAN SKUTA of all players.
Mar 9, 2015 9:27 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:

Worst contract so far has to be the Jags paying $20 Million to DAN SKUTA of all players.

Yeah, yikes. Cary Williams is pretty atrocious.
Mar 9, 2015 9:29 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:
TheRealNico said:

He's worth no more than $10 Million. Anything above that and we have to start cutting/restructuring deals.
Mar 9, 2015 9:31 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
BTAG said:

He's worth no more than $10 Million. Anything above that and we have to start cutting/restructuring deals.

10 million over 10 years
Mar 9, 2015 9:32 PM

Jun 2014
Peyton, you need to retire.
Mar 9, 2015 9:36 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:
TheRealNico said:

10 million over 10 years

I hope it's 2 Years and $10 Million or something like that. I might, I might just be able to bear with that. Anything more and I give him a year and he's gone.
Mar 9, 2015 9:40 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
BTAG said:

10 million over 10 years

I hope it's 2 Years and $10 Million or something like that. I might, I might just be able to bear with that. Anything more and I give him a year and he's gone.

That wouldn't be an awful contract, but with the way some of these corners are getting paid, I wouldn't be surprised if its a little bit more than that. Its not a super good draft for corners either, but knowing the Hawks, they'll draft one in the 6th or 7th, and he'll be the next Sherm.
Mar 9, 2015 9:41 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:
TheRealNico said:

That wouldn't be an awful contract, but with the way some of these corners are getting paid, I wouldn't be surprised if its a little bit more than that. Its not a super good draft for corners either, but knowing the Hawks, they'll draft one in the 6th or 7th, and he'll be the next Sherm.

Assuming you're from San Diego, you should know Eric Pinkins is with us. And I really want him to be the #2 Cornerback if Williams or Simon both blow it again.
Mar 9, 2015 10:15 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
BTAG said:

Assuming you're from San Diego, you should know Eric Pinkins is with us. And I really want him to be the #2 Cornerback if Williams or Simon both blow it again.

Didn't they move him to safety after being slow and out of shape in the offseason though? I honestly don't much about him, because I don't watch a ton of college football, but he has the size that you guys love, so assuming he gets back into shape, hopefully he can be molded into a good corner and/or big bodied safety.
Mar 9, 2015 10:23 PM
Feb 2014
He was on PUP all year but I love his size. He's got a lot to work and he might not be a star with us but maybe some other team.

I remember thinking he'd be the next Sherman upon drafting him when I saw his videos. He's got great coverage with both man to man and zone, just might not have the speed to keep up.
Mar 9, 2015 10:29 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
He was on PUP all year but I love his size. He's got a lot to work and he might not be a star with us but maybe some other team.

I remember thinking he'd be the next Sherman upon drafting him when I saw his videos. He's got great coverage with both man to man and zone, just might not have the speed to keep up.

I love how our teams are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum in terms of CB size. The 3 CB's at the top of the Chargers depth chart are 5'9"-5'10"
Mar 10, 2015 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
Gore has switched to signing with the Colts. Hahahaha. This is so f'n classic.

Chip-Chip-Chip-adelphia.

And DeMarco looking like he'll be gone and probably gonna sign with Jacksonville. Removing everything Dallas from his Twitter = game changa. AD must be chomping at the bit to sign in Dallas and run behind that O-line.

dankzelMar 10, 2015 10:16 AM
Mar 10, 2015 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
JIMMY GRAHAM TO SEATTLE FOR MAX UNGER AND THEIR FIRST ROUND PICK!

See you, any chance for any other team in the NFC to win the conference.
Mar 10, 2015 12:54 PM
Sep 2014
ALL HELL IS ABOUT TO BREAK LOOSE!
Mar 10, 2015 12:55 PM
Sep 2014
Okazaki93 said:

Okazaki93 said:

Chris borland covering Jimmy Graham. . . . . . .

FML!!!
Mar 10, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2011
Haloti Ngata to the Lions.

Masterfully done by the Lions. Got Ngata for so much cheaper than Suh and now have more money to spend elsewhere.
Mar 10, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2011
Jesus fuck who is Revis going to I am fucking nervous right now
Mar 10, 2015 1:09 PM

Dec 2011
REDSKINS PLEASE RE-SIGN RAK ALREADY!
Mar 10, 2015 1:10 PM
Nov 2013
What is happening right now? I've never seen this frequency of trades in the NFL.
Mar 10, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
lol what? he's still putting up top2 numbers in the league gtfoh
Mar 10, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
And Foles for Bradford. This shit is crazy.
Mar 10, 2015 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
Sourire said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
lol what? he's still putting up top2 numbers in the league gtfoh

Noodle gonna Noodle.
Mar 10, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
I like how the NFL is now copying the NBA trades in the sense that they're doing salary dumps now. Graham and Ngata pure money saving moves
Mar 10, 2015 1:33 PM

Dec 2011
Jake Locker just retired hahahahaha

Hell of a career
Mar 10, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
Fuck. Yes.

Stephen Paea just finalized his deal with the Skins, 20 million over four years, I love this.
Mar 10, 2015 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
Okazaki93 said:

Hell of a career
dunno about you, but calling it quits at 26 with $10+ millions in the bank doesnt sound too bad. I'll take the injuries for that kind of money.
Mar 10, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2011
Sourire said:
Okazaki93 said:

Hell of a career
dunno about you, but calling it quits at 26 with $10+ millions in the bank doesnt sound too bad. I'll take the injuries for that kind of money.

Oh yeah he made a nice amount of money no question about that, it's just funny to me because one of my friends was saying he was going to be a beast when he was drafted years ago.
Mar 10, 2015 2:41 PM

Dec 2011
But then again, I was really high on Gabbert when he was drafted, so.

So glad the Skins got Kerrigan instead of him.
Mar 10, 2015 2:58 PM
Feb 2014
Welcome to Seattle, Jimmy Graham!!!

Win-win trade for both teams, Legendre, you'll love Unger, guy is a leader. We also didn't really need the 1st Round pick because we've got a boatload of compensatories to back it up. I like this trade, the Cary Williams deal is shit though. Could be an easy cut for next offseason if he bombs it.

It's better at least than Buster Skrine or Davon House. Both who got recklessly overpaid.
AqutanMar 10, 2015 3:14 PM
Mar 10, 2015 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
Sourire said:
Okazaki93 said:

Hell of a career

But what about attending your kids graduation? Derrick Rose would disagree with your stance.

Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2011
God damn it'd be crazy if Revis went back to the Jets
Mar 10, 2015 3:15 PM
Feb 2014
Okazaki93 said:

He's not. You think a team that paid $25 Million on Buster Skrine of all players is going to fix his chances of coming here? Revis knows the Jets are a joke organization, he'd most likely want to play for a winner rather than a loser.
Mar 10, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
Okazaki93 said:

He's not. You think a team that paid $25 Million on Buster Skrine of all players is going to fix his chances of coming here? Revis knows the Jets are a joke organization, he'd most likely want to play for a winner rather than a loser.

No. Revis would rather get paid $40 million in guaranteed cash (which apparently the Pats balked at). He's always been about the money. Last year's contract was just to prove that he was back to form and to cash in this season. Plus, he's already won his bowl. He's going to the highest bidder.
Mar 10, 2015 3:26 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

No. Revis would rather get paid $40 million in guaranteed cash (which apparently the Pats balked at). He's always been about the money. Last year's contract was just to prove that he was back to form and to cash in this season. Plus, he's already won his bowl. He's going to the highest bidder.

If the Jets somehow pay him that, they're equally stupid. Dee Millner would have no future on the team then. I bet the Jets aren't even interested in him and think Buster Skrine will be their #2 cornerback getting paid a contract that completely will backfire when he has to cover Sammy Watkins and other AFC East receivers twice.

The highest bidder I can imagine being from that of a winner. You think he has a chance of going to say, Oakland? Maybe. But I doubt it.
Mar 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Feb 2009
Packers re-signed Brian Bulaga. My top 2 free agents are both coming back, good to see.
Tramon still out there and House got overpaid by Jacksonville lol
Need to fill the holes in the secondary....

Would love a crack at Darelle Revis, but highly doubt they will come close to the money he will ask for.

Nice deals made by Seattle to get Graham and Detroit to get Ngata.
Mar 10, 2015 3:39 PM
Feb 2014
Both of the big time trades seem to make sense. I'm guessing the reason to go after Graham was to duplicate what the Pats have that might have been instrumental in beating us. Now that a top tight end is on our side, things may be easier on the passing game. Willson can be an effective #2 Tight End as a result. It works out for both teams. Drafting a Center early might be a must though. Not sure if Lemuel Jeanpierre or Patrick Lewis is any good in the long run, although we can win without Unger for sure, just not easily as we did with him.

We got a 4th from the Saints in the deal as well, we didn't lose any draft picks but got a later one. I'm trusting of what Pete and John did here, the Williams deal on the flip side makes sense in getting a talent at CB, but he's too much of a guy that could blow up the locker room if something goes wrong. If he calms down though and plays well, might be a better deal than I thought.

Ngata effectively replaces Suh, Lions won't be going away next year.

Eagles completely lost the Foles for Bradford trade. Although, I'm not sure if Foles is really a winner. Bradford is a guarantee to get hurt every year though, so they're banking on a Sanchez-lead team to carry them next year with this pattern.
Mar 10, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2011
Offseason as a Niners fan

Mar 10, 2015 4:35 PM
Feb 2014

#ChipForPresident2016
Mar 10, 2015 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
TheRealNico said:

Win-win trade for both teams, Legendre, you'll love Unger, guy is a leader. We also didn't really need the 1st Round pick because we've got a boatload of compensatories to back it up. I like this trade, the Cary Williams deal is shit though. Could be an easy cut for next offseason if he bombs it.

It's better at least than Buster Skrine or Davon House. Both who got recklessly overpaid.

Y'all definitely come out on top, but it was a necessary trade with the cap issues the Saints were facing and what was probably a pretty damaged relationship after the contract issues.

Also, I really love Graham for what he gave us in previous years, but I had some SERIOUS complaints with him this past year. I think the change of scenery was necessary, and I'm actually not that sad to see him go.

Oh, and Chip Kelly either comes out of this off season looking like a mad scientist or a fucking moron. Chances are much higher for the latter.
Mar 10, 2015 5:03 PM
Feb 2014
Legendre said:
TheRealNico said:

Y'all definitely come out on top, but it was a necessary trade with the cap issues the Saints were facing and what was probably a pretty damaged relationship after the contract issues.

Also, I really love Graham for what he gave us in previous years, but I had some SERIOUS complaints with him this past year. I think the change of scenery was necessary, and I'm actually not that sad to see him go.

Oh, and Chip Kelly either comes out of this off season looking like a mad scientist or a fucking moron. Chances are much higher for the latter.

He wasn't getting along with Saints brass? Maybe that's why they put him on the market I presume. I still think it's a win-win trade. Both teams helped each other out with getting premier players at certain pressing needs. You got a 1st, we got a late pick. Both teams can build from that point onward. Not sure about what's going on with Keenan Lewis though. I'd worry for him.

Chip Kelly in the wake of the final details of the Foles and picks for Bradford and picks trade seems like he just went and played Madden and accepted a trade that the computer would have most likely rejected. It's that funny. They're not getting Mariota at this rate unless they trade Fletcher Cox and possibly the rest of their draft to Tennessee.
Mar 10, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
TheRealNico said:
Legendre said:

He wasn't getting along with Saints brass? Maybe that's why they put him on the market I presume. I still think it's a win-win trade. Both teams helped each other out with getting premier players at certain pressing needs. You got a 1st, we got a late pick. Both teams can build from that point onward. Not sure about what's going on with Keenan Lewis though. I'd worry for him.

Chip Kelly in the wake of the final details of the Foles and picks for Bradford and picks trade seems like he just went and played Madden and accepted a trade that the computer would have most likely rejected. It's that funny. They're not getting Mariota at this rate unless they trade Fletcher Cox and possibly the rest of their draft to Tennessee.

I don't think it's that he didn't get along with the brass. This past year Graham dropped a shit ton of passes, and in a few different games he did next to (or) nothing and was completely useless in those few games. He's still arguably the biggest mismatch in the league though, it's a great get for Seattle and they do come out on top in this trade.

I'm happy picking up Unger, but I'm not optimistic the extra first rounder will turn into anything. The Saints have been a pretty bad drafting team under Payton/Loomis.
Mar 10, 2015 5:27 PM
Feb 2014
I wonder if the dropped passes were just a lack of passion and of course, an excuse to maybe get out of town. That being said, when part of us, he better not have a down year, otherwise we could cut him loose in the wake of Wagner/Wilson extensions. It's a good move on paper though, whether or not it works out completely relies on how Graham adapts to us. Not sure if we'll take a passionless tight end, he'll get benched for Willson, a tight end with a TON of passion if that's the case.

Have the Saints been bad at drafting lately? I thought the Cooks pick was good.
Mar 10, 2015 6:00 PM

Apr 2013
Revis got his ring, now he just wants money. Hilarious how the Jets fans think he actually cares about them or the city.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.