Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
matrixxp7 said:
On the end i saw an image with all members of the night ride and seriously who is this guy?

Tatsumi and Brad are in the middle!!

That's bulat's twin brother.
Dec 14, 2014 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
koinzell-ub said:
What's with the hate for this show? And what's with the hate for the last episode.
Imo this was (one of) the best episodes of the entire series.

It feels like it's just somthing similar to Sword Art Online-hate-type. The hate for the mainstream animes...I guess :?

....or people just genuinely disliked it. I do not think it is that hard to believe.
Dec 14, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2013
koinzell-ub said:
What's with the hate for this show? And what's with the hate for the last episode.

It feels like it's just somthing similar to Sword Art Online-hate-type. The hate for the mainstream animes...I guess :?
Leone death not making sense, shitty asspull by akame to stay alive, esdeath using her asspulled ability more than once, could go on and on and on. The hate for SAO is more than justified.. and AgK too.. it's not only because they are mainstream.
Dec 14, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
no season 2 plz and ty
moving on.
Dec 14, 2014 11:08 AM
Dec 2014
Not all anime has a happy ending.
I read the reviews of those who read the manga, but, anyway, Akame ga Kill is for me one of the best this year.
Dec 14, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
*Sigh* Oh well, saw it through to the end at least.
Esdeath's death was most satisfying and utter buttshit at the same time oh well good fucking reddens and like I said before total shit ripoff Haman Karn, but finally getting to see that repulsive Prime Minister's face get obliterated was the real *ice*ing on this shit cake.

Oh, and since Christmas is almost here;
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jaw drops all the way,
Everyone dies
Akame survives
FUCK THIS ALL THE WAY, hey
Dec 14, 2014 11:10 AM
May 2014
Olem said:
oneroaddict said:
Can anyone remind me who the three girls are? Did they also

Ch 23.5

I missed that, and just read. Yeah, a pretty f**ked up unnecessary side chapter. Oh well.

Glad the anime granted them a happy ending, a "kinder world" for sure.
Jan 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:
Oh, and since Christmas is almost here;
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jaw drops all the way,
Everyone dies
Akame survives
FUCK THIS ALL THE WAY, hey

I need this for my ringtone.
moving on.

Dec 2013
WesCoP said:
Not all anime has a happy ending.
I read the reviews of those who read the manga, but, anyway, Akame ga Kill is for me one of the best this year.

It was a happy ending tho. Evil has been defeated (both sides), people live happily.

May 2012
I really like their ending, but why nee-san needs to die?? :(((
It was a great fight too,.

Ill give this series a 9..

Dec 14, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2010
Whitefox butchered this anime towards the end, but this episode hit me right in the feels. I really enjoyed it.
Dec 14, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
Only thing I like is that they kept Bol's family and those three girls alive (`・ω・´).

Too bad they butchered the development and pretty much this series during last 5 episodes.

Leone's death doesn't make any sense or Akame having to leave the new kingdom while Najenda gets off scot free.

I'll give this one a 7/10 a bit forced.
nerfxDec 14, 2014 1:09 PM
Dec 14, 2014 11:12 AM
Nov 2013
Wow, I actually liked the finale besides the death of Leone (really, why would you make her die in an alley?)

It's really shocking that only Akame and Najenda ended up surviving in the end. Wave and Run also lived, which makes me happy as well. I can see where all the hate is coming from, but it was a good adaption until the anime original ending. 5/10 from me.
Dec 14, 2014 11:13 AM

Oct 2014
koinzell-ub said:

Read the manga,
this adaption has been shit since ep 19.
Dec 14, 2014 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this anime
I love how this got so much hate because he killed of mc's
Q-Q
Fuck that prime minister faggot RIP leona man was sad to see here go O_O
Akame's transformation was badass!! fight was pretty good almost wish they had more ofthe episode on the fight XD !!!!!
8/10 for me was a good watch
[/quote]
Dec 14, 2014 11:15 AM
Sep 2014
9/10 anime. Last episode was epic. Can't believe leone died. That seriously got to me. Everyone was going on how the anime original ending was going to be a trainwreck. But it really wasn't. They wrapped up everything. This ended well, you can't lie about that. Compare this ending with other anime original endings like Claymore and you'll understand what i mean. Absolutely stunning anime.
Dec 14, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
God damn, that animation quality though.
"Hi!"
Dec 14, 2014 11:17 AM
Jan 2014
3/10 from me, I think. It was decent... I guess. I have no idea anymore. It's over.
moving on.
Dec 14, 2014 11:18 AM
Sep 2014
Even tho she was evil as hell.... in a way im glad she died with tatsumi.RIP to the both of them

RIP LEONE she died with a smile on her face

:( tatsumi and friends village waiting for them to come back

akame.... just as badass as ever

Show 4/5
Dec 14, 2014 11:18 AM
Dec 2014
akame transformation was sooooo coool freaking badass haha . anyway, 9/10 for me.
Dec 14, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
RANTING WARNING

I really did try to convince myself these last 4 episodes weren't that bad, but unfortunately it didn't work. This episode was so fucking stupid. Usually, I'm not one who takes anime seriously and was having a fun time until we got to episode 20. If you're going to adapt a manga, please ADAPT IT PROPERLY!!!!

If they were going to kill the second best girl (Sheele is first and Esdeath is second) they could've at least made her death much more dramatic and bad ass, but clearly that was too much to ask for. Leone had enough time to get medical treatment, but instead she wanted to die? Seriously, what the fuck?

Also, if they were doing an original anime ending than they could've at least let Chelsea live if they let Bols Family, Ran and those 3 girls live. Ugh, unbelievable. Whatever, I'm still rating the anime 710 and pretend these last 5 episodes never existed.

Jul 2014
I'm ok with it. Esdeath had a nice end, emperor too. Akame surviving instead of dying after her teigu used its trump card is the only thing that felt a bit off to me, she doesn't have a place in the world anymore. But all in all, it was good.

Apr 2013
bloodiemonster said:
love how this got so much hate because he killed of mc's
do you even bother reading the threads? thats not why this anime/adaptation is receiving so much hate lol
Dec 14, 2014 11:20 AM
Aug 2014
i still have one question ? why akame still live after she use oku no ten or his Superpower ?
Dec 14, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
Dec 14, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
Itsuka_Hattori said:
i still have one question ? why akame still live after she use oku no ten or his Superpower ?
for the same reason esdeath was able to use her special ability twice.
Feb 2008
Itsuka_Hattori said:

It was her trump card and if she uses it for too long, it consumes her. Since it wasn't for the long, she lived.
Jul 2014
Can someone explain the ending for me like the final part. Why was Akame being hunted by assassins?
Dec 14, 2014 11:24 AM
Dec 2014
Am I the only one who wanted Akame and Tatsumi to be together? like wtf.
Dec 14, 2014 11:25 AM
Jun 2014
There is no Akame ga KILL! anime.
Dec 14, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
chocokaylarobin said:
Can someone explain the ending for me like the final part. Why was Akame being hunted by assassins?

Night raid 2.0
"Hi!"
Dec 14, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2014
Akame sort of took the Batman route like how shes being hunted now but for the good of the kingdom

Oct 2014
SogiitaGunha said:
There is no Akame ga KILL! anime.

This.
i need this sig'd somewhere.

Dec 2013
SouperLovesAkame said:
Am I the only one who wanted Akame and Tatsumi to be together? like wtf.

lol, you really hoped for it til now? it was clear it's not gonna happen since 1410.
Dec 14, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Royal said:
Itsuka_Hattori said:

It was her trump card and if she uses it for too long, it consumes her. Since it wasn't for the long, she lived.
except when she told tatsumi that cleaning her sword was a really hard task because if she cut herself she would die.
Dec 14, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2014
Ah, so this is how they'll just Akame being the MC of the show.
Dec 14, 2014 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
chocokaylarobin said:

They might have been bandits lying in wait who ambushed her.

Or they were assassins,who were sent after her because all of the rebellion's wrongdoings,no matter how absurd it sounds,were blamed on her,as per her agreement with Najenda.
Dec 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
But seriously if her trump card could've help why wait for he to use it in the last 1 min after almost everyone dies(it doesn't take any lifespan away or weakens her like her sis) ? Now she is fucking lonely & she just wanted a family throughout the storyline ... hoped they would switch the ending sice there are thousands od imperial arms and i know there has to be one that can bring back the dead alice(not zombie like kuromi)
Dec 14, 2014 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Sourire said:
Royal said:

except when she told tatsumi that cleaning her sword was a really hard task because if she cut herself she would die.

So she was just posing...what a show off.
Dec 14, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
elitist and butthurt manga fanboys are thriving here. I personally enjoyed the whole series.

8.5/10 in my book

Oct 2014
Welp, that's all folks.
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
LeFlower-kun said:
Holy ....that was a beautiful ending to one of the best shows this year, 5/5 for the episode, 10/10 overall.

Great fight between Akame and Esdeath

Fucking kill yourself
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B

Dec 2013
The ending wasn't so bad, I don't get why they had to kill of Leone as well but atleast the kingdom is going to be better.

Overall series 8/10.
Eh

Jun 2014
dtjohnson232 said:
elitist and butthurt manga fanboys are thriving here. I personally enjoyed the whole series.

8.5/10 in my book

Read the whole manga, still love the anime 9/10!
Those stars look like they're close to each other, but they're actually very far away, aren't they? It's like Kitamura-kun and I. The things you see aren't always real. How hard must I try in order to understand the unseen truth? ~ Aisaka Taiga

Dec 14, 2014 11:31 AM
Jan 2014
I enjoyed the hell out of it, even though I started reading the manga a bit before ep 19, still one of the most enjoyable shows I've watched despite it's flaws.

Jul 2012
HazukashiiDesu said:
I guess 80% of the budget was spent on this last fight. The animation was great.
The result was predictable but still it's nice to see Akame being the main character for once and useful.
lolz, br00tal:

AHAHAHHA LEONE'S DEATH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Lol, everyone was predicting Najenda to die at 40-ish chapter and she's one of the 2 alive. trelled

The episode was not bad but the anime was shitto. Seriously, generic shounens are deeper than this. Revolutionary army fighting the government for fucking 24 episodes, killing themselves in the process.
This is like Basilisk with the exception it's a poor copy. And of course on MAL it's rated higher than Basilisk xDD
3.5/5 for the ep, 4/10 for animu.
And it was so promising in the begininng..

Top kek
This has nothing to do at all with Basilisk (this is not even a war between two ninja clans, the main "protagonist" are not in a romeo and juliet-like relationship and the story per se, except for the fact tat everybody dies, doesn't have anything to do with each other, especially because of the political context.

Akame ga Kill:

-Govern is corrupt
-Assassin's from the revolutionary army are trying to do justice with their own hands
-Total Civil War ga Kill with magical artefacts
- Everybody dies, but the revolutionary army won.

Basilisk:

-During the Azuchi-Momoyama period (the late 16th century) two rival ninja clans, the Iga Tsubagakure and Kouga Manjidani, are engaged in a bitter blood feud that has spanned for centuries.
-The fighting finally ends when Hattori Hanzo the 1st succeeds in forging a cease fire between the two clans by conscripting both into the service of Tokugawa Ieyasu (the man who seized power to become Shogun and form Japan's first truly stable form of centralized government).
- Hostilities are strong with these guys after, especially after that.
- Oda Nobukatsu (the son of Oda Nobunaga) attacked Iga Province and was beaten.
- Oda Nobunaga attacked and destroyed Iga Province.
- Incident at Honnōji - Oda Nobunaga died.
- Edo period started. Tokugawa Ieyasu re-established the shogunate (third and last in Japan's history) and became the first shogun of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- Tokugawa Hidetada became the second shogun.
- Winter Campaign of the Siege of Osaka - Tokugawa attacked Toyotomi Hideyori.
- Ieyasu has retired from power (although he still wields considerable influence within the government) and passed the torch to his son Hidetada.
- A succession dispute has risen concerning which of Ieyasu's grandsons are destined to take up the reins of power when their father finally decides to step down.
- The various government retainers are beginning to take sides and the Tokugawa Shogunate is on the verge of tearing itself apart.
- In order to solve the problem before it spirals out of control, Ieyasu orders the no hostilities pact between Kouga and Iga canceled and promptly commands each clan to send 10 of their best ninja to enter a ruthless and bloody competition of kill or be killed (And from here, we have the battle royale element).
- Kouga and Iga's two young heirs (Gennosuke and Oboro respectively) were betrothed to each other in the hopes that their union would finally dispel their clan's long-seated animosity toward each other. (Romeo and Juliet-esque detail in the story)
-Upon the discovery of the pact's ending the Kouga soon retaliate, killing almost all of the Iga, and forcing the new young leaders into a path that will test the true strength of their love. (Not anymore)
- Everybody dies element!
- Summer Campaign of the Siege of Osaka - Toyotomi clan perished.
- Tokugawa Ieyasu died.
- Tokugawa Iemitsu, the eldest son of Tokugawa Hidetada (third son of Tokugawa Ieyasu), became the third shogun.

Now tell me, how much would you fuck Japanese History just to claim that Akame ga Kill is somehow a ripoff of Basilisk lol

Dec 2013
Sourire said:
Royal said:

LOLOLOL. I completely forgot about that. :DDDDDDDDDDDD
Dec 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
Oh ok so cutting herself not only doesn't kill her but it also makes her super powered for unexplained reasons? You know while watching this episde I was thinking that made as much sense as the freezing time power that can only be used once a day but then what the fuck she uses it twice. Where the fuck is the relation between ice manipulation and time manipulation. This shitty anime made me realize how shitty the manga is as well. AgK 3/10 overall.

Dec 2010
My poor Akame will never rest </3

Great anime though. It may have not followed the manga at all, but it was interpreted pretty well IMO. I liked how everything turned out. The best anime out of its season for sure.

Oct 2014
dtjohnson232 said:

8.5/10 in my book

Pages (28) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.