Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Nov 11, 2014 6:52 AM
Apr 2014
^And he did gave is all.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 11, 2014 8:10 AM

Sep 2014
Reyxe said:
^And he did gave is all.

Apparently a good reason behind it also and can't wait until its revealed xD. I still believe if it was life or death he would of won. Good thing he doesn't need to try anymore everything in his life is safe :P.
Nov 11, 2014 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
TragicRomance said:
"His fast-acting mind is..."

"9up." "The uncola. You like it. It likes you. Nine-up." LMAO

Guess they will change the OP slightly every episode. Or so I feel.

Kirito is so OP that he can win against his opponents without even giving his all.

Very nice new ED, almost as good as the OP. Didn't expect LiSA to sing a slow song <3

But he lost. And he still would lose when giving it his all. Since its a duel.
Nov 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Jul 2007
Reyxe said:
^And he did gave is all.

People going "awww Kirito did not give it his all", forget that neither did Zekken. After all nobody managed to get Zekken down to a point for Zekken to use that sword skill.

So yeah, even with his dualwielding, Kirito most likely would lose.
Nov 11, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
Shadow_Strider said:
Wow Asuna's dad must be a major ass! His daughter is deeply in love with the guy that Saved her life and basically everyone trapped in the game his company manufactured yet he's trying to set her up in an arranged marriage... Someone needs to punch this prick in the face.

The old man is a decent guy, it's the mother who's a bitch.
Also there haven't been any arranged marriage yet and there will not be any in this arc.

CookingPriest said:
Reyxe said:
^And he did gave is all.

People going "awww Kirito did not give it his all", forget that neither did Zekken. After all nobody managed to get Zekken down to a point for Zekken to use that sword skill.

Yeah even if it was SAO's Kirito with his dual-wielding abilities going berserk he'd lose against Zekken. He'd probably get his ass handed to him faster than Heathcliff handed his if Zekken went at him with the intention to kill him.
Nov 11, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
Reyxe said:
^And he did gave is all.

People forget that Kirito had his ass handed to him multiple times before.

People overestimate Kirito when they call him overpowered.
Nov 11, 2014 12:27 PM
Apr 2014
BotatoPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

What do you mean? he's obviously OP as fuck, didn't he beat Kayaba by himself? hmm? Asuna helped him? oh, ok... what about XaXa? he obviously won against him, ah? Sinon saved his ass? oh... hmm... EUGENE! he won by- what? he had to use Leafa's sword? oh... hmm... SUGOU/OBERON, yea, he won... by using Kayaba's account...

He's op, he's obviously fucking op.

Nov 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
Reyxe said:
BotatoPriest said:

What do you mean? he's obviously OP as fuck, didn't he beat Kayaba by himself? hmm? Asuna helped him? oh, ok... what about XaXa? he obviously won against him, ah? Sinon saved his ass? oh... hmm... EUGENE! he won by- what? he had to use Leafa's sword? oh... hmm... SUGOU/OBERON, yea, he won... by using Kayaba's account...

He's op, he's obviously fucking op.

Ever OP MC needs an assistant to take some of the glory lol. He is so OP some people need to take some of his OPness off his hands :P. Agree though Kirito is not that OP. Only if Kirito met our lord and savior Tatsuya.
Nov 11, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 2014
I almost die laughing when someone said Kirito is a Gary Stu, like, you guys need to watch much more anime.

Nov 11, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
Reyxe said:
I almost die laughing when someone said Kirito is a Gary Stu, like, you guys need to watch much more anime.

I see Gary Stu mentioned a lot but no clue who that is lol. Then again I just got into anime not long ago.
Nov 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
You don't need to compare Kirito to Godtsuya to see that he isn't OP though. That comparison is just overkill.

Honestly, I was surprised at how not OP Kirito was when I watched SAO the first time.
Nov 11, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 2014
BotatoPriest said:
You don't need to compare Kirito to Godtsuya to see that he isn't OP though. That comparison is just overkill.

Honestly, I was surprised at how not OP Kirito was when I watched SAO the first time.

Onii-sama bless you.

Kirito is strong because of dual wield... lol

Nov 11, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2014
No better place than the lovehut
Nov 11, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Shangetsu said:
Yeah even if it was SAO's Kirito with his dual-wielding abilities going berserk he'd lose against Zekken. He'd probably get his ass handed to him faster than Heathcliff handed his if Zekken went at him with the intention to kill him.

Hmm, in SAO Kirito had "Starburst stream", which is 16-hit combo skill, and "The Eclipse", which is 27-hit combo skill... So no, Zekken would definitely lose. I think, he would probably lose even if Kirito used his old SAO acc, but it's debatable, with that acc he could easily solo Caliber ^^
TapuTapuuNov 11, 2014 3:08 PM
Nov 11, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Yohimo_asakura said:
Shangetsu said:

Hmm, in SAO Kirito had "Starburst stream", which is 16-hit combo skill, and "The Eclipse", which is 27-hit combo skill... So no, Zekken would definitely lose. I think, he would probably lose even if Kirito used his old SAO acc, but it's debatable, with that acc he could easily solo Caliber ^^

You are forgetting he can't use either of those skills. Dual wielding doesn't exist in ALO. SKill Connect however does. He can't use his dual wielding specials if dual wielding technically doesn't exist. ON top of that, he didn't create those skills, the system already programmed them into the game so that whoever had the fastest reaction time would get the skills with dual wielding.
Now the skill Zekken uses was created BY HER. Also if you didn't know you can't magically chose to create a sword skill out of nothing. You need to know how to move your sword in certain ways, and styles in order for the system to recognize it as a sword skill. This process can take months, or a few years to master, and to get an 11 hit combo in a short period of time. That's amazing. (also if the player ever chooses to "hand out their sword skill" the system will help that player learn the sword skill. But under own power, probably not.
Nov 11, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
Shangetsu said:

Those don't exist in ALO, since Dual Wield is not a skill in ALO. Kirito dual wielding is literally just some guy using two single-handed swords & their sword skills in each hand. SAO Dual Wield also gives him increased attack speed as a stat bonus, which again doesn't exist in ALO.

Finally, even if those attacks exist in ALO, they are not "Original Sword Arts". The problem with a default Sword Art is that it's predictable - every decent player would know how the move plays out, where it ends, and how long the cooldown is. Original Sword Art on the other hand, especially one with 11 hits, can be completely unpredictable.
Nov 11, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2014
Rinth said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Those don't exist in ALO, since Dual Wield is not a skill in ALO. Kirito dual wielding is literally just some guy using two single-handed swords & their sword skills in each hand. SAO Dual Wield also gives him increased attack speed as a stat bonus, which again doesn't exist in ALO.

Finally, even if those attacks exist in ALO, they are not "Original Sword Arts". The problem with a default Sword Art is that it's predictable - every decent player would know how the move plays out, where it ends, and how long the cooldown is. Original Sword Art on the other hand, especially one with 11 hits, can be completely unpredictable.

1) I know that it doesnt exist in SAO, I just said, how would it be if he could use them. Just a surmise.
2) You forget one thing - they are unique skills, only one player knows them, so they cannot be predictable unless an enemy has seen them before. Heathcliff knew the attack patterns, because he created unique skills himself. It also could be one of the reasons Kirito avoided to show his dual wielding, beside the fact, that he didnt want to get attention. Same goes for OSSs

However, there is one problem with system-assisted skills, that when you start a skill, you cannot stop it, that's a disadvantage for long combo skills (one the reasons Kirito hesitated to use The Eclipse, if I remember well, against Heathcliff in final battle).
TapuTapuuNov 11, 2014 3:57 PM
Nov 11, 2014 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
Yohimo_asakura said:
Shangetsu said:

The number of hits only matter so much, at very high level reaction speed is much more important since you can block and even counter your opponent's strike. The difference in term of raw talent and inherent strength between Kirito and Zekken is like heaven and earth. Kirito has so much more battle experience than Zekken and isn't even close of being a match for her.

If Kirito used his old converted account he would probably win because his stats are so ridiculously high that it doesn't even leave room for skills, it's the reason he chose to restart a new character to begin with.

I admit that I exaggerated when I said that SAO's Kirito would get his ass handed by Zekken but there's absolutely no way that Kirito would win against Zekken in a fair fight.
Nov 11, 2014 3:57 PM

Oct 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
Rinth said:

2) You forget one thing - they are unique skills, only one player knows them, so they cannot be predictable unless an enemy has seen them before. Heathcliff knew the attack patterns, because he created unique skills himself. It also could be one of the reasons Kirito avoided to show his dual wielding, beside the fact, that he didnt want to get attention. Same goes for OSSs

What I was trying to say was that even if a default Sword Art has a higher hit count than an Original Sword Art, it will be less powerful than the Original Sword Art.

For example, in the LN it was mentioned how a 5 hit Original Sword Art was stronger than one of the 7-hit 1H Sword default skills.
Nov 11, 2014 4:12 PM

Jan 2014
Shangetsu said:

I admit that I exaggerated when I said that SAO's Kirito would get his ass handed by Zekken but there's absolutely no way that Kirito would win against Zekken in a fair fight.

Indeed xD

Shangetsu said:
What I was trying to say was that even if a default Sword Art has a higher hit count than an Original Sword Art, it will be less powerful than the Original Sword Art.

For example, in the LN it was mentioned how a 5 hit Original Sword Art was stronger than one of the 7-hit 1H Sword default skills.

Because high level 7-hit skill has much longer cooldown and you stay stunned for longer time after the use. Beside this, as I explained in previous post, high hit combo skills execute longer and you cannot stop it after you already released it. So if you cannot finish your opponent with your strongest move, it creates a big disadvantage for you. That could be the reason. But high hit combo skill damage is much higher than simpler skill. BTW, 7 combo skill can be simple, basic high-level skill, which everyone knows. That wasn't about unique skill. So in that case, yes OSS is stronger until everyone knows about your skill. I think that makes sense.
So it is very important to have battle strategy and possibility to adapt to certain battle situation and certain opponent, like Kirito used to do always. Zekken I would say is a bit weaker in that side, because as Shangetsu mentioned, she has much less battle experience.
TapuTapuuNov 11, 2014 4:30 PM
Nov 11, 2014 4:40 PM
Apr 2014
A duel between Zekken and Kirito using dual wield... oh my fucking god.

Or even better, BOTH of them using dual... 24 minutes duel pls

Nov 11, 2014 4:54 PM

Jul 2008
Reyxe said:

Zekken would destroy Kirito.
Nov 11, 2014 4:59 PM
Apr 2014
Shangetsu said:
Reyxe said:

Yea, probably, but, if it was Alicization's Kirito, maybe it would be muuuuuuuuuuch better.

Nov 11, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2010
OK, I'll just pretend A-1 didn't shit on Excalibur arc so hard and look forward to Mother's Rosario. Get ready your tissues, feels incoming! That ending sequence of Yuuki x Yuuki though. Damn.
Nov 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
-MgZ_ said:
OK, I'll just pretend A-1 didn't shit on Excalibur arc so hard and look forward to Mother's Rosario. Get ready your tissues, feels incoming! That ending sequence of Yuuki x Yuuki though. Damn.

But they didnt shit on it, tho O.o
Nov 11, 2014 5:48 PM
Apr 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:
-MgZ_ said:

But they didnt shit on it, tho O.o

^

Caliber was supposed to be that way, lol

Nov 11, 2014 6:07 PM

Jun 2010
It was rushed as hell, they didn't even show the fake Excalibur. They did a lazy animation too. I'm surprised there are people who's fine with that kind of adaptation.
Nov 11, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
-MgZ_ said:
It was rushed as hell, they didn't even show the fake Excalibur. They did a lazy animation too. I'm surprised there are people who's fine with that kind of adaptation.

The whole adaptation is a disaster if you start to nitpick on differences between the novel and the anime. Still it doesn't change that Caliber was one of the most faithfully adapted part, even if the anime didn't manage to turn a shitty side story into something interesting.
Nov 11, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2010
Shangetsu said:
-MgZ_ said:

The whole adaptation is a disaster if you start to nitpick on differences between the novel and the anime. Still it doesn't change that Caliber was one of the most faithfully adapted part, even if the anime didn't manage to turn a shitty side story into something interesting.
Well I'm just saying compared to SAO and ALO, they adapted GGO really well and then there's Caliber arc adaptation which is in the same league of the first season. I agree that Caliber arc wasn't that great but I expected a more cleaner adaptation because of how well GGO went despite them being A-1.
Nov 11, 2014 6:42 PM
Apr 2014
-MgZ_ said:
Shangetsu said:

Well I'm just saying compared to SAO and ALO, they adapted GGO really well and then there's Caliber arc adaptation which is in the same league of the first season. I agree that Caliber arc wasn't that great but I expected a more cleaner adaptation because of how well GGO went despite them being A-1.

GGO had a bunch of fails too, they messed up a bunch of things, the most obvious one, Kirito disconvering Death Gun in 30 seconds whhile it was like a fucking page in the novel, the chase scene in the boogy and the horse didn't have that dramatic feeling the novel had and so on...

So... yea, Caliber wasn't bad, its just that the side story isn't really greeeeeat, i only wanted to see Sinon's wink <3333 and Klein, lol

Nov 11, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
This seems rather promising. :)
Can't wait for the next ep! ^_^
Nov 11, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2014
The boss battle was sweet, probably more interesting than thyrm. Dat log cobin nostalgia. Watching the original SAO was such an epic experience, im glad they throwback to it a bunch of times. Looking forward to this arc :D
Nov 11, 2014 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Reyxe said:
-MgZ_ said:

GGO had a bunch of fails too, they messed up a bunch of things, the most obvious one, Kirito disconvering Death Gun in 30 seconds whhile it was like a fucking page in the novel, the chase scene in the boogy and the horse didn't have that dramatic feeling the novel had and so on...

So... yea, Caliber wasn't bad, its just that the side story isn't really greeeeeat, i only wanted to see Sinon's wink <3333 and Klein, lol

You scare me on what they will do to ALicization. Oh SHIT.
Nov 11, 2014 10:44 PM

Nov 2012
other than that boss battle that was an uber slow episode.. it was decent I guess. I wonder what this new arc will bring to the table.

So far I'd rate GGO arc 8/10 and Excaliber arc 6/10..
Nov 12, 2014 12:15 AM

Oct 2013
salmon3669 said:
Reyxe said:

Here's a horror story for you:

Nov 12, 2014 1:05 AM
Feb 2014
Rinth said:
salmon3669 said:

Here's a horror story for you:

But in general calm down :P
You can't animate a novel 1 to 1, there are always parts lost in the animation.

Obviously Alicization wouldn't be any different and if you expect a 100% adaptation you can already start to be depressed...imo A1 does a fine job till now (way better than the last season) and I wouldn't mind that much if they go like this into Alicization.
Nov 12, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2007
A1 did a PHENOMENAL job adapting this season so far. Both GGO and Caliber is as close as you can get to a perfect adaptation and MR so far is handled similarly too imo(and the additions they made so far actually enhances it). If so, then there won't be any problems moving forward
Nov 12, 2014 5:43 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
A1 did a PHENOMENAL job adapting this season so far. Both GGO and Caliber is as close as you can get to a perfect adaptation and MR so far is handled similarly too imo(and the additions they made so far actually enhances it). If so, then there won't be any problems moving forward
A nitpick but they could have done less asshots.
Nov 12, 2014 6:05 AM
Feb 2014
BotatoPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Indeed, hence "only" a fine job. They need to tone down the amount of fanservice, especially cuz much of it doesn't happen in the novel in the first place.

Well I don't think they would do that, but it's definitely first on my nice-to-have list.
Nov 12, 2014 8:05 AM
Apr 2014
BotatoPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

And drag some other things and short some others... but yea, the asshots were too much.

Nov 12, 2014 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
I want more Kirito/Asuna romance. I got all hyped when they bought the house, hoping for some... but, no. Just talking about the next dude they're going to go and fight.

I need to go back and watch the first season (Aincrad + Alfheim) to remember why I like this show, LOL.

If romance is coming, feel free to spoil me...
Nov 12, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2008
Kyandesu said:
I want more Kirito/Asuna romance. I got all hyped when they bought the house, hoping for some... but, no. Just talking about the next dude they're going to go and fight.

I need to go back and watch the first season (Aincrad + Alfheim) to remember why I like this show, LOL.

Actually on the opposite, you probably won't ever see anymore romance between Asuna and Kirito since it's like the last thing the novel is about.
Nov 12, 2014 10:18 AM
Apr 2014
Shangetsu said:
Kyandesu said:

Actually on the opposite, you probably won't ever see anymore romance between Asuna and Kirito since it's like the last thing the novel is about.

^

You won't have romance, but you'll have some tear jerking drama.

Nov 12, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Mother's Rosario arc finally starts. The arc where Asuna is again MA has started Yayayay!!! Good episode indeed. Good action and Floor 22 where Kirito and Asuna had bought their house was once again brought. Such an awww acene when the threee of them (Kirito, Asuna and Yui walk in their home again awww) Zekken is mentioned but not actually appeared. Looking forward to it.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Nov 12, 2014 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
Shangetsu said:
Kyandesu said:

Officially disappointed.
The first season felt romance-heavy to me.
Nov 12, 2014 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
Nice intro to the new arc. :3

It was pretty cute seeing Kirita and Asuna acting all lovey-dovey and stuff. :3 And what made me really happy was how they got there house back. That was pretty memorable. :3

But.....who's this Zekken guy? He seems pretty.....mysterious.....
Can't wait to see him in action. :3
Nov 12, 2014 5:36 PM

Aug 2014
Kinda feels like they are getting back on track with this episode. The Caliber arc might have not been filler but god did it feel like it. I've been putting off watching this episode just because of the last arc...but now that it's here I feel kinda silly. Only real disappointment here was the ED, but that's because it kinda spoiled ((let's be honest it completely spoiled)) something...but you watch enough anime I suppose you should expect this kind of thing. The ED was gorgeous though. I'm actually excited for the next ep of SAO...something I haven't been able to say for a looooooong time.
Nov 12, 2014 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Eleoric said:
Kinda feels like they are getting back on track with this episode. The Caliber arc might have not been filler but god did it feel like it. I've been putting off watching this episode just because of the last arc...but now that it's here I feel kinda silly. Only real disappointment here was the ED, but that's because it kinda spoiled ((let's be honest it completely spoiled)) something...but you watch enough anime I suppose you should expect this kind of thing. The ED was gorgeous though. I'm actually excited for the next ep of SAO...something I haven't been able to say for a looooooong time.

Side stories could technically be considered filler. They usually only add onto a story and don't really need to be read. Yup, in a way its filler.
Nov 13, 2014 6:21 AM

Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
Shangetsu said:

Yea, probably, but, if it was Alicization's Kirito, maybe it would be muuuuuuuuuuch better.

What if she had incarnation as well?
Nov 13, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
-MgZ_ said:

I read that page in 30s or less
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.