Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2014 4:28 AM

Oct 2013
Nooo...It's..over..
Still can't believe it. It was my first anime and manga. It's over.
Anyway, I was glad to see all these faces grown up. But I still hope to see some back story of this, since now it seems forced.
Naruto hokage. Finally!! And his son is trouble maker as he was himself ^^
Since the ending was so satisfying, I'll give this manga 10/10. Despite few boring moments, I enjoyed this series to the fullest!
Now I'm saying bye to this amazing story, to the journey that I was going for many years..
Nov 6, 2014 4:29 AM

Jul 2010
3/10

Thank god Kishi quickly killed off this series.
Nov 6, 2014 4:30 AM

Sep 2014
I liked it. Probably because to me, NaruHina was the most satisfying ship in a long time.

But I think the rest of the pairings seemed a little forced? (The only ones I appreciated are NaruHina and Shikamari (Is that what they call it?)). Seeing Gai with Kakashi, Iruka Sensei and Asuma's son was cool though.

That being said, it was still an enjoyable chapter, and I probably haven't enjoyed any chapter this much since the godawful paced 4th Shinobi War Arc.

And lastly, the question on all of our minds... Who the heck names their kid Salad?
Nov 6, 2014 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
Oh yeah I forgot one thing: going by the glasses this is not Sakura's daughter but Karin's. BAM! xD

(And we didn't get to see Kakashi's face in the end)
Nov 6, 2014 4:31 AM

Dec 2012
Although I shipped NaruHina hard, I couldn't stand rest of the pairings. It just seemed so forced...
Nov 6, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2010
Some of these pairings seemed really forced. Designs of kids were very unoriginal, simply a mix of characteristic traits with repeated personalities from their parents. Too bad Orochimaru's plot seemed kinda unfinished. Feels like some wasted potential there. Also, Hokage's were changed too often, Kakashi has been one only for a short amount of time. Otherwise, rather predictable ending with all 5 big villages working in order to maintain the peace. Too bad we don't know what happened to others (like Amegakure, Otogakure).

Well, 7/10 in total. It was a pretty good series but some plots really ruined it, for what could have been a much better story. Most notable were: resolution of Pain's arc, Obito's sudden change, Kaguya as enemy out of nowhere with lacking a good introduction and personality, Orochimaru's plot not fully explored in the end.

BTW, if they had laptops, while they were sending birds with messages during the series? :D
And is Hidan still slowly dying while buried?
Nov 6, 2014 4:32 AM

Jan 2013
well, thats something. a pretty mediocre ending to be honest. To be perfectly honest though, this chapter had reached the level of a bad fan-fiction. :/

Overall, I rate this series as a whole with a 6/10. A disappointing last arc followed by a rushed and wish-fulfillment kinda ending.

Hopefully, Kishimoto would move on with another series, such as his one-shot a few years back. That would be nice. Fingers crossed though, sigh.
bbboi90Nov 6, 2014 4:38 AM
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Nov 6, 2014 4:33 AM

May 2009
Alvord12 said:
Thank god Kishi quickly killed off this series.

700 chapters to end a series is "quickly killing off the series" to you?
Nov 6, 2014 4:35 AM

Feb 2013
Flume said:

and fat Anko? What?
brb crying

This. WTF happened? Peaceful times spawn lethargy? :P
TheSusurrousNov 6, 2014 5:07 AM
Aug 2012
I think the little sequence we had of Sasuke might be a hint to what the Spinoff announced will be about. Bolt, possibly accompanied by some of the fellow children we see, will help Sasuke deal with a new, albeit small threat that is stalking him.
Uhh...We didn't get a name for Naruto's daughter did we?
No one wanted to be with Gaara lol.
Feels like too much wish fulfillment going on in a single chapter. The only thing missing is Kakashi's face.

Thanks very much for everything Kishi!

Nov 2013
i was torn between WHAT THE FUCK and OH MY GOD.

WHAT THE FUCKS:
oonoki is still alive and neji not
sai and ino
gaara's hair
sakura tricked sasuke into having a child with her okay
hinata must have done the same with naruto, twice
generally clichéd looks, behaviour and names of the kids
sakura's daughter looks like karin's daughter
karui's and chouji's daughter is brown skinned?!
guy in a wheelchair
kakashi's face still a fucking mystery

OH MY GODS:
yamato still alive
konohamaru handsome as fuck
naruto's hokage-head is a masterpiece
naruto's son drew a mugiwara skull and crossbones on it
mitch3315 said:
Sasuke and Naruto kissed, show is obviously hardcore yaoi.
Nov 6, 2014 4:36 AM

Dec 2011
The ending crack me up seeing all the pairing Shikamaru x Temari <3,Naruhina <3,Sasusaku,Ino x Sai and lol at their children.Really weird names but nice to see Naruto being the 7th and being mature as well as all the others
Nov 6, 2014 4:37 AM
Dec 2011
It wasn't total crap.

I can't stand Hinata/Naruto BUT

With that said I was happy to see Naruto as hokage, he actually looked good better then the sketches put out. Sasuke looks way better no poncho if I remember correctly. Still not to sure about all the pairings was it at least Lee/tenten? Sai/Ino? Sasuke/Sakura, Hinata/Naruto. Kiba and who? I couldn't tell with my computer being a complete asshole.

The names of the kids are pretty weird

Gaaras hair keeps growing on me everytime I look at it.

So it looks like Sakura/Sasukes daughter seems to like Naruto/Hinatas son so they def won't get paired if kishis made them grow up! The side character pairing would happen.

I am sour and I am sad, and I can't accept what is put infront of me but I will. Because I can't do anything about it.

With that lots of questions are for sure left unanswered. And he didn't even show Kakashis face so I am guessing that is for the movie? Maybe..

Neji is still dead. Upsetting as HELL. Choujis child I am guessing looks like a werewolf.. Sai and inos daughter Sai sized down and a wig put on.
ThisaccountdoneNov 6, 2014 4:45 AM
Nov 6, 2014 4:38 AM

Jun 2009
teh_C said:
yamato still alive

You're referring to chapter 699 here, aren't you? Because I didn't see him in 700.

Also I think Gaara's hair is absolutely fabulous in the most positive way. Seriously, he looks damn awesome.
Nov 6, 2014 4:40 AM

Feb 2012
Choji and Karui, talk about crack pairings damn. Rushed as hell but i liked it overall. 8/10, been a hell of ride. Looking forward to part3/spinoff in the spring. The movie should be out in the west by then.

Back to OP, had it hiatus for over a year now.
Nov 6, 2014 4:41 AM
Apr 2013
The pairing were strange at the least, but I wish there were a few more chapter, showing the events of what happened after the war in more detail.
Nov 6, 2014 4:42 AM

Jan 2009
Kishimoto has a little OCD lol he likes the number 7
Team 7 and then chapter 700 and then Naruto as the 7th hokage
Nov 6, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2012
Naruhina that is all, finally now all there is left is to hope the shipping war is done now.
Nov 6, 2014 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
thelotusf1fan said:
And after all this, still no one wants be with gaara. Forever alone.

sad shit mate..
Nov 6, 2014 4:46 AM
Sep 2012
Okay massive time skip, I wish all series had these types of endings. And OMG Kishimoto remember Anko excisted. That is a shock and she put on some weight, you see what happens when you neglete a character Kishi.

Anyway we find out who end up with who, first of all the one that was the most giving out of all them unless Kishi really wanted to be a troll Shikamaru and Tamari are together, also Sai and Ino kind of expecting that, and Chojii and some character I don't remember probably from some far off land, Lee well he got together with somebody, we just don't know who, among other reveals.

Now for the ones we have all been ready for, it seems to be me at least by process of elimination Naruto and Hinata got togther, though they don't appear together on screen. We see they have two children, the daughter mention her brother. And even though he should have been jailed, Sasuke and Sakura have a daughter, and she is stocking Naruto's son, perhaps one day Naruto and Sasuke will be related.

However I don't if it just the way translation said it, but Salada said Bolt resembled her, you don't mean that Naruto and Sakura that they? Even it just got drunk one night, no Kishi wouldn't do that, would he? I am sure she meant more on personality, not literally. I hope.

All and all a great ending, I wish more series had the guts to end like that, instead of leaving everything so ambeguous. I guarantee you Bleach is not giving you this type of ending.
blfanNov 6, 2014 4:53 AM
Nov 6, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
ahhh it ended the series that brought me into anime & manga thank you naruto thank you kishimoto it was one hell of a ride i will always cherish the memories you left us with thank you thank you!!!
Oct 2007
Oh man... its really been 12 years since Ive started reading Naruto back in american shonen jump's second issue huh? I had stopped liking the manga a while ago but now Im glad I kept reading on. Its been a trip. Naruto is finally hokage.

May 2013
This chapter was lack luster to say the least. :
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

Jul 2014
Feels, feels, feels. SakuraxSasuke made me cringe, but it was a good chapter. I laughed so hard at how weird some of the characters looked. My 7 years journey with this wonderful manga is now over.

Bumping this manga up to 8/10 from 7.
Nov 6, 2014 4:49 AM

Dec 2012
j0x said:

Haha good point! Maybe it has something to do with having good luck or whatnot since the number '7' is considered universally a lucky number.
Nov 6, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
Even if I am not a Naruto fanboy, still feeling sad that the series has come to a end. What a ride it was.. From Naruto to Jiraiya to Minato and back again to Naruto. Satisfying end to a good shonen series after reading the ending. Finally, many shippers' wish has been fulfilled including me.. Naruto has not one but two kids with Hinata. :') NaruHina forever. All's well that ends well.
8/10 for me.

Jun 2014
Finally the shipping war is over, I really hope we can all get along now and accept naruhina, nobody touches my naruhina plus I called it a long time ago, but the main point is it's over now. No more arguing, no more bullshit.

Jan 2009
blfan said:

All and all a great ending, I wish more series had the guts to end like that, instead of leaving everything so ambeguous. I guarantee you Bleach is not giving you this type of ending.

i hope you are wrong and that we see some official pairings on Bleach manga too by the end of it all
Nov 6, 2014 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
grandy_UiD said:
teh_C said:
yamato still alive

You're referring to chapter 699 here, aren't you? Because I didn't see him in 700.

yass

Also I think Gaara's hair is absolutely fabulous in the most positive way. Seriously, he looks damn awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
mitch3315 said:
Sasuke and Naruto kissed, show is obviously hardcore yaoi.
Nov 6, 2014 4:53 AM

Jun 2010
Incredibly dragged out plot and now this terribly unimaginative ending where he just paired up everyone as easily as possible, I honestly can't even remember the last time this manga was good. At least author had the decency to end it(unlike kubo) and props to him for the Straw Hat symbol nod, at least he knows what good manga is.
Nov 6, 2014 4:54 AM
Sep 2012
xorisa said:
j0x said:

Haha good point! Maybe it has something to do with having good luck or whatnot since the number '7' is considered universally a lucky number.

Somewhere Hiro Mashima is fuming, that is his gimmick.
Nov 6, 2014 4:54 AM
Apr 2009
OMG, IT'S OVER. END OF AN ERA.

Not the best manga ever, but still read it every single week the past 7 years (ok, incl 3 years of not reading it).
Nov 6, 2014 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
Seeing that big modern city behind Konoha really left a bad taste in my mouth/eyes. :/
Nov 6, 2014 4:58 AM

Jan 2011
teh_C said:

WHAT THE FUCKS:
sai and ino
gaara's hair
guy in a wheelchair

OH MY GODS:
yamato still alive

Pretty much my thoughts

For a moment I thought Sakura somehow made a child with Karin.

But honestly, this is really, really horrible. This is a fan fiction ending. Maybe even a fan fiction is better than this. Is this really what an ending is? Everybody gets a wife and child and that's all there's to it. Fuck no, that's horrible.

And Sasuke forgiven in just 2 sentences by Kakashi? Loool, sure. Neji being the only one who died during the war and everybody else survived? Oooook.

I was ignorant for most of the last arc and I didn't admit that the manga really went downhill after that Kakashi vs Obito fight. It was the only epic thing, everything else was ridiculous power-ups.

My rating from 10/10 => 7-8/10.
Nov 6, 2014 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Seeing that big modern city behind Konoha really left a bad taste in my mouth/eyes. :/
Same here. It just doesnt feel right, that laptop too......
Nov 6, 2014 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
natsucule said:
Ending in a nutshell

Too many forced pairings.

WHAT ABOUT KAKASHI AND GAI

Lol but damn, I seriously still find it hard to believe that Naruto is actually ending

I've been following the manga for so long even though I've been wanting to drop it so many times, it was a ride I couldn't get off and here we are its finally finished
Dec 2011
Sep 2014
Jesus Fucking Christ Finally over!

Why? Just WHY?

699 was nice enough, good ending and the rest could be seen in the movie.

700 was HORRIBLE!

The kids are just plain ugly, the only two well done are Kurenai&Asuma kid and chibi Hinata, rest are just carbon copies of parents or something not from this world.

Salad- err... Sakura don't wanna to make you mad but I recommend some DNA test, beacuse that kid looks clearly like mix between Sasuke and Karin

Chouji daughter- won't comment on this one...

InoxSai- KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

No, no, no NO! No more bad feelings! To spin-off we clearly say: NO!

And lastly: WHERE THE FUCK IS OROCHIMARU &KABUTO&TAKA?!
Nov 6, 2014 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
It was better than I expected when some of the panels form 700 were leaked, which is exactly why I said I'd hold off on making a complete judgement. None of that was really developed well though and Kishimoto used timeskips to dance around the fact that none of this was touched on for 699 chapters outside of a couple of these relationships. Just seemed like one giant discombobulated fan-fic-esque ship-a-thon, but I understand what he was going for in trying to create a "next generation" which is obviously impossible if none of them were having kids but it still felt forced and rushed. Just in general with Sasuke's development it felt forced. I'm not saying the resulting characterization at the end is bad because it is nice to see Sasuke not completely fall into the darkness, but a lot of the stuff the last 3 chapters was never touched on throughout the series which is why it feels forced and rushed. It would have been better if Sasuke had shown these feelings by wavering in his convictions but he was pretty much pissed off/ruthless/cold hearted/just down right a mother fucker for the pretty much the entire second half of the series. It's almost as if though Kishimoto expects us to forget the several times Sasuke legitimately tried killing his former comrades (especially Sakura) and then for him to end up settling down with her is just completely mind boggling as to why he would try to kill her in the first place. Even if we are considering that he was trying to "sever his bonds" it doesn't change the fact that Sasuke tried to kill her so starting a family with her seems out of place.

Plus it is incredibly disappointing to not get to see any of Kakashi's time as Hokage but I guess that's what the movie is for since, going off the trailers, it appears it will take place between 699 and 700. I honestly felt the best developed plot point of at least this chapter with the Gokages. I feel as though throughout the war, it was clear who the successors for this generation would be. Darui and the kid from the Mist showcased in the war that they had something special to them in their individual victories during the war. Garaa remaining Kazekage was obvious since his reign was really in it's infancy for the Sand throughout part 2. Naruto is freaking ninja jesus and the whole point of this series was for him to become a Hokage so that was obvious. The only one that seemed weird was the chick who took over for the Tsuchikage because she didn't really show anything noteworthy in the war that I could think of to signify her as the next in line but then again the Earth never really got much of any development in this series and only had like 2 or 3 notable characters so that's not surprising. Just in general the Gokage meeting was the highlight of this chapter for me getting to see who all took over and especially since they really made sense.

Overall, the ending was still rushed and the plot just got mutilated since the Kaguya arc began with Black Zetsu turning on Madara but overall this was a satisfying ending to an extent. It could've been better but considering how bad the story has been for months, this was actually a pleasing send off. Still hasn't set in that it's over but it'll be fun to see how the anime handles the remainder of the series.

Jun 2012
Sasuke looks like madara xD hahahaha thats so awesome and he just bangs sakura and ditches his kid whats up with that?

Dec 2012
bsidebg said:
teh_C said:

WHAT THE FUCKS:
sai and ino
gaara's hair
guy in a wheelchair

OH MY GODS:
yamato still alive

Pretty much my thoughts

For a moment I thought Sakura somehow made a child with Karin.

But honestly, this is really, really horrible. This is a fan fiction ending. Maybe even a fan fiction is better than this. Is this really what an ending is? Everybody gets a wife and child and that's all there's to it. Fuck no, that's horrible.

And Sasuke forgiven in just 2 sentences by Kakashi? Loool, sure. Neji being the only one who died during the war and everybody else survived? Oooook.

I was ignorant for most of the last arc and I didn't admit that the manga really went downhill after that Kakashi vs Obito fight. It was the only epic thing, everything else was ridiculous power-ups.

My rating from 10/10 => 7-8/10.

Totally agree. This ending was just to satisfy the fans and their shipping fantasies. And with Sakura's child, I had to look twice at those pages to double check whether that was Sasuke's & Karin's child or not.

Overall, I would give it a 6-7/10.

Jul 2012
What happened to

Orochimaru
Team taka Karin and jubo and the other guy
The tailed beasts
Did every village excuses sasuke
Kabuto

Where are those guys
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 6, 2014 5:03 AM

Jun 2011
j0x said:

Fairy Tail, is that you?

It's been a long ride. It's sad to know I won't get a new chapter next week :(.
And those pairs xD
But I still have a few question like: HOW DOES KAKASHI'S WITHOUT THE MASK?!?
And many more...
Guess I will have to wait until the movie ;P
YexelNov 6, 2014 5:09 AM
Nov 6, 2014 5:03 AM

Jun 2012
xorisa said:
Totally agree. This ending was just to satisfy the fans and their shipping fantasies. And with Sakura's child, I had to look twice at those pages to double check whether that was Sasuke's & Karin's child or not.

Overall, I would give it a 6-7/10.
Yea I thought it was sasuke's and karins child. She looks nothing like sakura.
Nov 6, 2014 5:04 AM

Feb 2013
Animefreak17a said:
What happened to

Orochimaru
Team taka Karin and jubo and the other guy
The tailed beasts
Did every village excuses sasuke
Kabuto

Where are those guys

there's still a movie and a whole new spin-off manga to explain some stuff.
Nov 6, 2014 5:04 AM

Feb 2014
bleachsai said:
thelotusf1fan said:
And after all this, still no one wants be with gaara. Forever alone.

sad shit mate..

Nyahahahaha xD It's sad, but still xD Poor guy </3

It's finally over. Sometimes this series really felt dragged out to me. But...it still was part of my youth :') It started reading it being 12, know I'm 21.

The ending felt like a stereotype clichée ending to me. I'd like Kishi to pair up Naru's and Sasu's children, since the two guys never really had a chance (?) ^^
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Nov 6, 2014 5:05 AM

Jan 2010
not that i care but WHERE THE FUCK IS YAMATO
Nov 6, 2014 5:05 AM
Sep 2014
Shina93 said:
bleachsai said:

sad shit mate..

Nyahahahaha xD It's sad, but still xD Poor guy </3

What else did you expect? Poor Gaara has hairstyle just like Hitler...o_O
Nov 6, 2014 5:06 AM

Sep 2013
Who's the woman with Kiba?
Nov 6, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
Yexel said:
j0x said:

Fairy Tail, is that you?

It's been a long ride. It's sad to know I won't get a new chapter next week :(.
And those pairs xD
But I still have a few question like: HOW DOES KAKASHI'S WITHOUT THE MASK?!?
and can someone explain what Sasuke is doing?

Pretty much banged Sakura (or Karin) and wandered off (again).
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 400 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - May 15, 2008

55 by Geeljire »»
Jun 27, 4:56 PM

» How important is Boruto?

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 17

13 by ShamankinguYoh »»
Jun 19, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.