Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
What a pointlessly gruesome episode.
Oct 30, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
This episode made me so mad my crime coefficient is about 5000 now........i don't know what to do with myself.
Oct 30, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
Makishima > Kamui
Oct 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
That was fucking intense, about time its picking up the pace.

How is it that the old man was able to pick up Inspector Aoyonagi , damn she was really cool I'm gonna miss her.

Also Mika, shoulda did something not stand there and obeying them.

Yeesh that episode was fucked up.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Oct 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
Black_wind said:
This episode made me so mad my crime coefficient is about 5000 now........i don't know what to do with myself.

Can I shoot you with Dominator now?
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 30, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
Black_wind said:
Hahaha, likewise!
Oct 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Wow. Didn't see THAT coming
Oct 30, 2014 1:41 PM

Nov 2011
*sigh* When i heard that Psycho-Pass gets 2nd season i was sooo excited,but now P-P is one of the many "series' ,which never needed sequel" like sequel sake of sequel. Oh yeah, projectile weapons > MWPSB weapons.
OnbuuOct 30, 2014 1:51 PM
Oct 30, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2011

Don't tell me what to do.
Oct 30, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2014

Hahaha, That nigga was too serious about what's happening in PSYCHO-PASS 2.
Oct 30, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2008
I hope this develops a twist soon. This is pretty boring so far. I feel like it's just the same villain all over again.
Oct 30, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my lord throughout the entire episode my heart wouldn't stop beating so fast. That was insane! I'd like to say that the violence was done tastefully, but unlike the first season it didn't seem justifiable. I don't even think they clearly explained as to what the old man's problem was.

Also, wtf happened to Aoyanagi? She was a fantastic character. It made no sense for her to throw away the nail gun especially after she realized the dominator wasn't working the first time. I blame the new writer..... and if mika lives in the end i'm going to go kill her myself
Oct 30, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
That brutal massacre

Oct 30, 2014 1:50 PM

May 2008
Ringlord said:
Galilei was actually planned with 22 Episodes.

I feel like we dodged a bullet there.

Ringlord said:
Double Negative? @.@
Okay, my fault..

It was obviously a typo, but since we're being grammar nazis it's " planned for xx episodes" not "planned with".

Ringlord said:
Ubukata could still rewrite before giving the OK considering he stands higher in line, but nope... or he did, which makes it even worse :(.

I'm not sure it's possible to make it worse, but you can newer know with anime writers :/ Speaking of "could". Urobuchi could give a fuck once in a blue moon about works with his name attached getting butt-raped in rapid succession.
Oct 30, 2014 1:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
"What colour are you, Sybil"?

Indeed.
What an insanely violent episode this was. BUt it served to make the point that if you can manipulate people enough to make them lose their sense to to a degree bordering insanity, the Sybil system and the Dominators will kill everyone.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 30, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
Whoa best anime series ever, I was worried about the new director but no longer. What an episode. What a brutal way to expose how terribly flawed the Sybil system is. Raged so hard at those "robots" just shooting the victims to bits lol! Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 30, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
As much as I like the pacing in this episode it's still not better than S1.
Mainly because of Kamui (being boring as an character) and the idea of the season being almost the same (until now).
Most of these questions were already asked in S1 in a much better way/tone.
Oct 30, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2007
Rayzer said:
Black_wind said:

Can I shoot you with Dominator now?

That sounds like bad pick-up line
Oct 30, 2014 2:05 PM

Nov 2012
What color is Sybil?......
I guess Akane should have an idea..........
I guess it makes sense that the only inspector who can do something in this kind of situation was Akane since she is the only one who truly knows how the Sybil system works.

Lame, it isn't bad, but this season is not really as good as the first one.

How Kamui used that old man in this episode was kind of like Shougo was using people in the first season, but I still find Kamui lacking as the main villain.
Oct 30, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
appalling episode. As much as i want to say i loved it, i didn't. As somebody on ANN said "PP1 was NEVER this unsubtle", i mean, the writer is a baby, making Akane say things like "my life was turned upside down" (at ep 1's ending). And i can't believe people are still trying to logically defend all the plotholes. like, "the sniper gun was new so it must have malfunctioned" when somebody said that it should have paralyzed that inspector (dont even remember her name, how memorable the characters are lol) because her pp was <300 and not killed her. Anyway, its sad. Really sad. I dont even know what to say. Same themes being explored again, in a more flashy, unsubtle, stupid fashion. pp2 is screwed.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Oct 30, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2012
Sam1198777 said:
appalling episode. As much as i want to say i loved it, i didn't. As somebody on ANN said "PP1 was NEVER this unsubtle", i mean, the writer is a baby, making Akane say things like "my life was turned upside down" (at ep 1's ending). And i can't believe people are still trying to logically defend all the plotholes. like, "the sniper gun was new so it must have malfunctioned" when somebody said that it should have paralyzed that inspector (dont even remember her name, how memorable the characters are lol) because her pp was <300 and not killed her. Anyway, its sad. Really sad. I dont even know what to say. Same themes being explored again, in a more flashy, unsubtle, stupid fashion. pp2 is screwed.

Or maybe the intent of the sniper is to just outright kill, Kasei is the one who sent those people in, and we all know what she can do with a dominator.

anyway, for the episode, pretty good. Bit brutal 0.o and the OP and ED have seriously grown on me, love them now :D

And Kamui has a scar going down the side of his face, maybe significant idk. Brain transplant or some shit? Or brain experiments.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 30, 2014 2:20 PM
Nov 2010
Just simply disappointed so far.
Oct 30, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2010
jimbob1141 said:
Sam1198777 said:

Or maybe the intent of the sniper is to just outright kill, Kasei is the one who sent those people in, and we all know what she can do with a dominator.

No, see, why do you have to explain it to me? Its the animes job to do that, and it fails at that. That was my point.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Oct 30, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2013
Oh my.. Intense and Brutal episode... :(

I wanna punch Mika's face though
Oct 30, 2014 2:23 PM
Jun 2013
I don't get why that old guy killed people while telling them that they are alive but okay. Kamui seems like a good villain though.
Oct 30, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
I can't believe i'm dropping this to a 4, but the characters are just terrible. It still has over half a series to pull itself back up, but it's not going to be anywhere near as good as the first at this rate.
Oct 30, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2012
Sam1198777 said:
jimbob1141 said:

No, see, why do you have to explain it to me? Its the animes job to do that, and it fails at that. That was my point.

I guess, but it's easy enough to come to a conclusion yourself lol. Maybe it will be explained in a later episode, i didn't really see an opportunity to explain it during that scene without killing the scene.

Or maybe the animation studio just fucked up the numbers LOL

EDIT: Or maybe the number actually fucking right and you are being retarded, yeah that's it.
jimbob1141Oct 30, 2014 2:40 PM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 30, 2014 2:30 PM

Oct 2011
Man, that was brutal. I actually wanted to jump in and punch the old guy

Oct 30, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
Sam1198777 said:

Uhm....how was her pp not > 300? Did I miss something? Didn't they say they shot the one with the highest coefficient first -which was the inspector- and then they aimed at the rest of the folks and they were above 300? Doesn't that mean the inspector must have higher than 300 when the sniper pointed at her too?

Also, lol at the people compaining about violence and excessiveness. Yeah, it was obviously really brutal, but that's not a bad thing in itself.
Oct 30, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
Sam1198777 said:

Above 300, possible identification on someone from Div 2 "QT-02" too. When Akane was scanned it popped up "(QT-01)"

Did you read a summary of the episode and just thought "Today I'm going to shitpost!"
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 30, 2014 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
The crime coefficient itself is arbitrary bullshit. The writer honestly just makes up a number that suits the scene.
Oct 30, 2014 2:39 PM

May 2014
This episode stressed me out...RIP Aoyanagi :(
Also, I hope this episode is the start of the turning point for Mika, where she realizes how incompetent she really is and that the rules aren't always right.
Oct 30, 2014 2:42 PM
Nov 2012
Marzan said:
"What colour are you, Sybil"?

Indeed.
What an insanely violent episode this was. BUt it served to make the point that if you can manipulate people enough to make them lose their sense to to a degree bordering insanity, the Sybil system and the Dominators will kill everyone.

Made delightfully litteral by the active massacre committed by section 3.
Oct 30, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
Serious mindfuck.
Fucking intense episode.
Ugh Mika. -.-
"What color are you Sibyl?"
Oct 30, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
Everonica said:
Kurogashi said:

KAMUI
KAMUILL
KAMILLU
KAILLUMIN
ILLUMINATI

;p

ILLUMINATI
ILLUMI

HxH related to PP confirmed.
Psycho x Pass coming.

LOL! Hey,Actually that's not a bad idea. :D
Oct 30, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 2014
Shimotsuki Mika worst girl.
Oct 30, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this episode is too good
Oct 30, 2014 2:58 PM
Sep 2012
Can anybody else feel their Psycho Pass rising from this? lol!

That was crazy. I'm surprised it didn't become controversial. The episode message was very strong. I don't mind it, but some people probably did.

I think the message is one people need to hear.

Kind of like School Days, except way way way better.

Wonder if Tsunemori is going to get clouded. Or maybe, just for a twist, she's just like the Kamui guy and can't get clouded.
Oct 30, 2014 3:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow this episode was just super gruesome, that's about it. Oh, and Mika's stupid. The reason why she didn't want to do anything was because if something went wrong, it would be her fault...wow really? You're an inspector. You're supposed to help the people and not only care about yourself. Not only that she got angry at Hinakawa (that his name?) when he was following Akane's orders. And she still thinks that Kamui is a ghost even though 3 unrelated people mentioned Kamui's name. It must be a coincidence! She's so incompetent.
Oct 30, 2014 3:03 PM
Oct 2014
Kamui is one smart son of a bitch.

I'm not liking Division 3.

Aoyanagi, RIP. They managed to break her, that's not good. I'm beginning to worry about Tsunemori a little. Shimotsuki is helpless.

Things seem to be going down hill.
Oct 30, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was total bullshit. Plain and simple.

How the hell do that many people get overpowered by an old man and a dog? Wtf. You are telling me they couldn't have worked together to take him out but a bruised inspector with a shard of glass can take him out? What kind of crap writing is this?

The old man's foot should not have crushed the guy's head with one stomp. That was utterly retarded.

The inspector Aoyan whatever is useless. Really does question the usefulness of the Inspectors when their own weapon doesn't work and they are rendered useless. For god sake, she gets pummeled in the last episode and now she is punched through wall. The writers should have made this more believable by making these inspectors have weapons other than the denominator.

The crime coefficients is total bullshit at this point and the writers are pulling numbers out of their asses.

New plot sniper that can go through walls......right. Bring it up without and mention in the story of a beta testing of the new sniper or even an inkling of this being developed. No its just appears there conveniently in the episode because plot.

People are talking about intenseness and violence when it wasn't done that well. I feel the writers are just placing it just for shock factor and nothing more. Other series had made the violence more believable and realistic.

So far this season has been a disappointment so far because of the sheer boredom of it all. Constantly I am checking to see if the episode is close being done because of how dry the material is. The first season is leaps and bounds better than this.
GovOct 30, 2014 3:17 PM
Oct 30, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2014
KAMUI IS A HOLO-COSTUMED KOUGAMI!

Am I the only one who heard Ebara Masashi's voice, and imagined Might Guy from Naruto?
Oct 30, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
Darkdrone said:

How the hell do that many people get overpowered by an old man and a dog? Wtf. You are telling me they couldn't have worked together to take him out but a bruised inspector with a shard of glass can take him out? What kind of crap writing is this?

The old man's foot should have crushed the guy's head with one stomp. That was utterly retarded.

The inspector Aoyan whatever is useless. Really does question the usefulness of the Inspectors when their own weapon doesn't work and they are rendered useless. For god sake, she gets pummeled in the last episode and now she is punched through wall. The writers should have made this more believable by making these inspectors have weapons other than the denominator.

The crime coefficients is total bullshit at this point and the writers are pulling numbers out of their asses.

People are talking about intenseness and violence when it wasn't done that well. I feel the writers are just placing it just for shock factor and nothing more. Other series had made the violence more believable and realistic.

So far this season has been a disappointment so far because of the sheer boredom. Constantly I am checking to see if the episode is close being done because of how dry the material is. The first season is leaps and bounds better than this.
did you mean shouldn't?

and I agree with the majority of your post.
Oct 30, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
Everonica said:
Darkdrone said:

The old man's foot should have crushed the guy's head with one stomp. That was utterly retarded.

So far this season has been a disappointment so far because of the sheer boredom. Constantly I am checking to see if the episode is close being done because of how dry the material is. The first season is leaps and bounds better than this.
did you mean shouldn't?

and I agree with the majority of your post.

Thanks. Made the edit :)
Oct 30, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2013
I thought the episode was ok, but the wall passing sniper rifle was just bull. Plot convenience at its finest, so the Enforcers didn't know if they shot the Inspector.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 30, 2014 3:21 PM
Sep 2012
Darkdrone said:

There's a couple things that you aren't getting. First of all, this is a series made in Japan. They think significantly different than we do.

Second of all, this is a massive difference in society. This is a society where people are pampered to maintain a number that judges their psyche and know that judgment can result in their death. As such, people don't know of violence as it has been virtually eliminated, like age old propaganda for things that 'clear your psycho pass.' These people have been gaslighted away from violence in ways like positive and negative conditioning.

Also, the first season was much, much, worse. What exactly made you like the first season? Barely anything happening? Kogami's semi-foilistic approach?

Also, why would the inspectors be *allowed* weapons other than the Dominator? Remember, the Cheif (YOU KNOW, SIBYL'S PUPPET) makes the decisions about it's department. Do you think SIBYL itself is going to be like "Well, SIBYL cannot function, so..."

No, that'd be calling itself not all-encompassing contrast to the propaganda it's trying to spread. The series is fine, you're just not placing yourself into the shoes of that world. You're governing it by the rules of your own society, which is exactly what you're *not* supposed to do in Psycho-Pass. That's the point.

I think the only thing you said that I agree with is that his head should have been crushed in one stomp. Not sure why you're so concerned about the details, I didn't know people watched anime to get closer to realism...

Jul 2014
Woah! Woa..hoa! Brutal! Damn awesome episode!
That Assault Dominator is a bit too much and a bit too flashy if it can only shoot through walls.if it does not have any other purpose except for shooting through walls then this weapon is a fail and was completely useless to introduce it.Furthermore,I think it can only detect a person's Psycho-Pass level and not recognize it until they are completely in plain sight.But that's what's irritating me.The fuck is the point of shooting through walls if you can't recognize a person?This new weapon is a complete disaster...
Oct 2014
Seriously if Mika doesn't grow a brain next episode I'm gonna drop the series and wait until it's finished so i can marathon it.

Apr 2014
Darkdrone said:

This episode was total bullshit. Plain and simple. Blah blah blah....
[spoiler]

The old man's foot should not have crushed the guy's head with one stomp. That was utterly retarded.

New plot sniper that can go through walls......right. Bring it up without and mention in the story of a beta testing of the new sniper or even an inkling of this being developed. No its just appears there conveniently in the episode because plot.

So far this season has been a disappointment so far because of the sheer boredom of it all. Constantly I am checking to see if the episode is close being done because of how dry the material is. The first season is leaps and bounds better than this.

[/spoiler]
Don't you watched the first Season? (I can't see it on your list.) If so You don't have the right to complain because you don't know what was the story of this Anime.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

272 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.