Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 12:00 PM
Aug 2014
Despite what everyone's saying, I don't think either Inaho or the princess are dead. Yeah they were shot, big deal. I mean the princess has already "died" twice... And killing the main character is a bit too unrealistic(in anime terms), even for urobuchi(he did write the entire story plot by the way even if he only write the script till episode 3)
All in all, it was a good season, despite the lack of action in episode 8/9/10 and I'm really hoping January comes quickly...

Sep 2014
JustinNateal said:
Aleskar said:

Its possible that they are dead but that would make this open end pretty much worthless. No one is 100% confirmed dead. Guess we have to wait for Season 2 to be sure.

I'm pretty sure they're dead. I mean, that was a headshot. You're not walking away from that.So unless they do an asspull (Slaine missed or something, despite shooting at point blank), I don't really think we'll be seeing them in the next season.

And besides, having an unpredictable plot is a lot more fun than a linear one. I'm actually quite excited to see what they'll do next. I just hope that they don't fuck up.

Headshots have high mortality rates yes but you cant be sure about it right now with this open ending.

Mar 2013
Tears everywhere...

Slaine you idiot !!!

Why did Inaho have to die ? :((( No I dont wanna accept such an ending.

Who will be the MC in January now ? Baka Slaine ??

Aug 2012
Tommk said:
Keten said:

Take your pick.
1. Inaho died and it proved that there was absolutely nothing to his character besides being a stoic guy with OP intelligence.
2. Inaho survives because of an asspull and the whole scene was done for nothing but making a cliffhanger.

Those are the only 2 options. Both are bad.

Unless you have another idea for what happened.

3. Timeskip to the future, different new characters. This season was just a backstory on how this war begin. You will never know.

Ohhh fuck no. Just, seriously, NO.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Sep 20, 2014 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
Tommk said:
Keten said:

Take your pick.
1. Inaho died and it proved that there was absolutely nothing to his character besides being a stoic guy with OP intelligence.
2. Inaho survives because of an asspull and the whole scene was done for nothing but making a cliffhanger.

3. Timeskip to the future, different new characters. This season was just a backstory on how this war begin. You will never know.

That would be option 1. Inaho would still have died in that case without being given any backdrop or even a reason for being the way he is and it would just be done as a cliffhanger. Also it would make this first half of the anime completely pointless... which it already kinda is.

Aug 2012
Caneleo said:
Despite what everyone's saying, I don't think either Inaho or the princess are dead. Yeah they were shot, big deal. I mean the princess has already "died" twice... And killing the main character is a bit too unrealistic(in anime terms), even for urobuchi(he did write the entire story plot by the way even if he only write the script till episode 3)
All in all, it was a good season, despite the lack of action in episode 8/9/10 and I'm really hoping January comes quickly...

The guy loves to murder his characters you know. I don't think that he's really hesitant to kill an MC or two.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot

Sep 2014
JustinNateal said:
Tommk said:

Ohhh fuck no. Just, seriously, NO.

That would be the worst choice.
Sep 2014
Tommk said:
Keten said:

Take your pick.

epi 12 "chilhood's end"
s2 confirmed timeskip
Jul 2013
If Inaho and the Princess are still alive's, i will kill myself, that glorious final can't be ruined in that way...

Except for the last dialogue and the announce of a second season, was a very good final, i only wish the second season goes about Slaine running for his life after killing the bad guy.

Holy shit... please tell me that, they are dead, they are dead, they are dead...
Sep 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Nov 2011
I'm in despair! The ending to this anime left me in despair!

My opinion of the probability of being dead:

Inaho - 95%
Saazbaum - 75%
Princess - 50%

Anyone wondering about how did Slaine activate Tharsis' Aldnoah drive? Could it be that he is Martian? Or his father discovered a way to transfer the Aldnoah factor to his son?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.

May 2012
Keten said:
Tommk said:

That would be option 1. Inaho would still have died in that case without being given any backdrop or even a reason for being the way he is and it would just be done as a cliffhanger.

Oh yeah. Option 1 would be great. Shows that not all main character have fucking plot armor *cough*eren*cough*
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Apr 2008
Tommk said:
Keten said:

Take your pick.

Well to be fair now they DO have access to an entire orbital castle to dissect and figure out with research
Sep 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Dec 2009
Not even mad....
Sep 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Tommk said:
Keten said:

That would be option 1. Inaho would still have died in that case without being given any backdrop or even a reason for being the way he is and it would just be done as a cliffhanger.

Oh yeah. Option 1 would be great. Shows that not all main character have fucking plot armor *cough*eren*cough*

A timeskip with new cast would make the first Season pretty much worthless.
Sep 20, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2012
overhaul it is a pure scam i feel raped

Apr 2008
y123y said:
CrimsonMoon56 said:
Tears everywhere...

Slaine you idiot !!!

Why did Inaho have to die ? :((( No I dont wanna accept such an ending.

Who will be the MC in January now ? Baka Slaine ??

That was just payback from Slaine. Inaho took down Slaine for not answering his questions, and Slaine took down Inaho for not staying away from the princess. Slaine owed him one.

Slaine is still a retard for saving Sazbaum and getting the princess killed. Go one try and bail him out of that one
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well that was definitely not what I was expecting! I thought super Inaho was going to save the day and beat all baddies in superstoic style. Definitely surprised.

I wonder how they'll do things after this. Both Inaho and the Princess dead? Are we getting new MC's?

Slaine, man....LOL...I knew he had zhit for brains, but this took the cake. What did he expect Saazbaum would do with the princess? Give her a foot rub? What an imbecile.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 2013
Tommk said:

Killing off characters is fine but you have to make the viewer care about them first. Without any backdrop or personality in general, I don't care that he died. He already had plot armor anyway, him dying later doesn't change that.

Mar 2013
... oh yeah. I forgot about all those mechs that they never fought but were shown in the first or second episode.

I guess they'll have to put Inaho's brain in a computer so it can solve "How to kill this mech" problems.
Sep 20, 2014 12:06 PM
May 2013
Holy.
Shit.

And for those saying Asseylum is alive, it seems you didn't notice it was a HEADSHOT.
Sep 20, 2014 12:06 PM
Jan 2012
rofl
I just hope they stay dead, I wasn't planing to watch s2 but this made me hyped for the next season, I'm curious about what will happen after this
I'm expecting a timeskip because the episode name was "childhood's end"
Sep 20, 2014 12:07 PM
Jan 2014
Can't believe people still believe that both slain and the princess are still alive. Both took head shots, if anything slaine will turn Mr Freeze and contain her body in some freezer but that's a 50 percent chance. Inaho for sure is dead.
Jun 2014
ok so princess supposedly has died twice already. so im sure shes alive and so is inaho, i mean u dont kill ur main char like that. and is there really a time skip??
Sep 2014
torridestcheese said:
You people whine too much.

Fantastic series so far. Probably my favorite this season. Inaho was such a relief after all the pussy MCs we normally get.

I highly doubt Inaho and the Princess are dead. At first, when the Princess was shot, I actually thought she was dead. However, after Inaho was shot, they will somehow revive. My guess is the Aldnoah Drive. They are next to it, after all.

I never liked Slaine. He was just a weak, lost puppy dog without the Princess.

u never liked slaine cause he is weak ?
he is weak cause he is being surounded by martians once he choose the wrong move he is dead and yet he is still moving on
inaho strong thats why u like it?
seriously dude... speechless with people these day

Nov 2012
Tommk said:
ninjastarforcex said:

bro, that rygart REKT someone in your profile.
who is he? i forgot

oh now i remember thats only in manga
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Mar 2008
Meh, I couldn't care less. They were boring characters.
This show is trying too hard to be epic.
Sep 20, 2014 12:08 PM
Oct 2011
Can someone help me understand why Slaine saved the count? The person who plotted to kill the princess?

This makes NO sense to me!! And why, apparently, kill inaho? THe person who kept the princess alive??

Like seriously I was enjoying it up until then. Now im just like Wtf??
Sep 20, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
clash45 said:
Can't believe people still believe that both slain and the princess are still alive. Both took head shots, if anything slaine will turn Mr Freeze and contain her body in some freezer but that's a 50 percent chance. Inaho for sure is dead.

Hey don't steal my idea!

21q said:
Can someone help me understand why Slaine saved the count? The person who plotted to kill the princess?

This makes NO sense to me!! And why, apparently, kill inaho? THe person who kept the princess alive??

Because he's a moron with an unhealthy obsession that blinds him to anything else around him
Sep 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
I hate Slaine so much.. can't believe he killed Inaho instead of Saazbaum. Season 2 is gonna suck without Inaho.
Sep 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
After this episode this anime goes from 10 to 1 for me .
Ultra bad ending killing the one who kept all alive .. and the princess there is no reason for me to watch this anime anymore Inaho was my fav character
I hate Slaine
Sep 20, 2014 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
SwimmingBird said:

And for those saying Asseylum is alive, it seems you didn't notice it was a HEADSHOT.

That doesn't mean anything.
The bigger problem with her getting shot in the head was the fact that we didn't see any medical facilities around... unless Slaine already knew where they were on the Landing Castle, and he used one of them to make... A GIANT TUBE TO FREEZE HER BODY IN.
Or something.

Or her brain is splattered all over the inside of that hood, and she's a nice corpse.
Sep 20, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2012
Keten said:
Tommk said:

Killing off characters is fine but you have to make the viewer care about them first. Without any backdrop or personality in general, I don't care that he died. He already had plot armor anyway, him dying later doesn't change that.

Director : Fuck the viewer feelings.

Anyways, ''make the viewers care about them'' gag has been going for so damn long. Sick of those drama shit. I don't really care on that nor character died without developing.

I feel like I watched this series for its animation, fights, strategies, music, plot setting.

Didn't really care much on the characters tbh. Maybe thats why I enjoyed the series ?
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
y123y said:
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine is still a retard for saving Sazbaum and getting the princess killed. Go one try and bail him out of that one

Because of Inaho's questions, Slaine got tortured. Slaine can care less about Inaho.

Of course, it was extremely unfortunate that the Count had to do that. I thought he didnt hate the princess.

And I gotta say, at first I thought it was Marito who shot the princess. but nvm.

That doesn't excuse saving Sazbaum who made it clear he will stop at nothing to kill the princess. Try again
Sep 20, 2014 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
Well, if they're listed as main characters again then they're mostly likely alive, but we'll just have to wait.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta

Nov 2012
What the actual fuck just happened

May 2012
Slain is now my top most hated character, hes so obsessed with the princess but turns gay with towards Saazbaum and cant even kill him who killed his princess.. cant even picture out what was going on but kill the guy who save the princess.. dafuq with this dude, I seriously dont want to see him in s2..
well at least Inko is alive and Onee-sama..

Nov 2012
Tommk said:
Keten said:

Anyways, ''make the viewers care about them'' gag has been going for so damn long. Sick of those drama shit. I don't really care on that nor character died without developing.

I feel like I watched this series for its animation, fights, strategies, music, plot setting.

Didn't really care much on the characters tbh. Maybe thats why I enjoyed the series ?

me too
i like the "villain of the week"episodes
shit drama fest with rayet, princess asspull, yukinee, inko etc etc etc are super boring (and annoying.... YES IM LOOKING AT YOU MARITO)
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 2014
21q said:

cause slaine last time believed he is saved by saazbaum?
he is not a coldblood like inaho he is a normal boy unlike inaho who got military school.
he kills inaho cause inaho point his gun to slaine since slaine dun want the same thing happen again he shoot him
so many gun shot in 5 minutes
Sep 20, 2014 12:13 PM
Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
clash45 said:

Hey don't steal my idea!

21q said:

Because he's a moron with an unhealthy obsession that blinds him to anything else around him

lolol but honestly I could care less about those two characters, now rayet could have some more screen time in season 2.
Sep 20, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
(╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

Fuck you, Slaine. You deserve another season of suffering.

So much for the main characters' plot armor. Looks like they got shot fatally for real this time. I can't believe this show.
Sep 20, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2013
Oh SHIT! Slanie you asshole how could you do that to Inaho?

So is the Princess and Inaho dead?

If they were, then how the fuck will season 2 be done?
Sep 20, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
What if the last 12 episodes were just Slaine’s tragic backstory? I mean. He’s pretty well set up to go on and do…stuff… in the second half. He’s got his own sparkly awesome mecha, he might have royal blood, who knows?! The point is…maybe.

Apr 2013
v9029 said:
21q said:

cause slaine last time believed he is saved by saazbaum?
he is not a coldblood like inaho he is a normal boy unlike inaho who got military school.
he kills inaho cause inaho point his gun to slaine since slaine dun want the same thing happen again he shoot him
so many gun shot in 5 minutes

inaho did not point the gun at him first, he crawled towards asseylum then noticed slaine was pointing the gun at him. only then did inaho pull out his gun

May 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Tommk said:

me too
i like the "villain of the week"episodes
shit drama fest with rayet, princess asspull, yukinee, inko etc etc etc are super boring (and annoying.... YES IM LOOKING AT YOU MARITO)

here iz sum *fistbump*

Apr 2014
I legit cant understand the hate for this show

what type of MC do u want sheesh ppl arent happy with a smart bland character, ppl arent happy with a beta character, ppl arent happy with an op character
Sep 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think there was a way to have a non-cliche ending.

They could of had a plain old happy everyone lives ending... Boring.
They went the kill all the MC's tragic ending... Why? Japan. That's why

There was no out for this show having an epic ending.

Jun 2012
Hmm dunno if ill watch second season if Inaho is dead since no one else that has been seen on the show will make a good main lead. If Slaine is the main character next season i think i will fall asleep due to boredom. Regardless if you hate or like Slaine he's just a crappy character. You gotta be pretty stupid to do 99.99% of the things he does. I'm pretty sure a 10 year old could do a better job at making decisions.

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
y123y said:

That was just payback from Slaine. Inaho took down Slaine for not answering his questions, and Slaine took down Inaho for not staying away from the princess. Slaine owed him one.

That just shows that Slaine is not a 1 dimentional character, he has it's ups and downs. He at least feels like a character. And why people are making such a fuss after that emotionless doll was shot? I felt exactly how I would feel if a doll was shot. Which what happened.

Jul 2014
+1 to Slaine. All the characters sucked so I really couldn't be bothered about them. All I can say was that Slaine was the best character, also a fool but this series was foolish to begin with. 8/10 entertainment value
"Hi!"

Apr 2008
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
What if the last 12 episodes were just Slaine’s tragic backstory? I mean. He’s pretty well set up to go on and do…stuff… in the second half. He’s got his own sparkly awesome mecha, he might have royal blood, who knows?! The point is…maybe.

He's still likely going to die next season. There's no redeeming him
Pages (43) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.