Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 29, 2009 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not sure what to think about all this, personally I think Mio, Yui, Mugi, and Ritsu were fine with just the four of them.

However for all the idiots out there that think that Azusa is an invention of Kyoani, she is not. Kyoani is following the K-ON manga, they are not inventing any characters.

Another thing is that like many other people my favorite character is Mio, however with a Loli mini version of Mio now in the mix, It will downplay Mio and she'll probably have less screen time, as you clearly saw from this episode.

Overall an introduction of new characters is not always the way to go. In Lucky Star when we had all those other new girls come out towards the end of the anime, the quality went down for me, it just wasn't the same. Hopefully that won't be the case for K-ON.
May 29, 2009 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
I must say, Azusa's cuteness level rivals Mio's :O But I still give Mio my favourite because, she's more of a character, not just senseless cuteness overload. xP
Bleed for me.

May 29, 2009 7:48 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

Here's the thing, I don't mind cliche when there is something different or interesting done to twist it up, or if the interactions between all of the characters is something special. Moreover, I expect a lot of moe pandering from KyoAni, but I also expect a lot of content (Haruhi and Lucky Star...both of which I have rated at a 9). But lately, with Clannad and Munto TV, they seem to be relying only on moe to cover up bad storytelling, or just blandness, which is the case here.

I'd be glad to discuss the lack in differences between Yui and Ritsu, because besides the slight difference that Yui can pick up anything she tries to, they are exactly the same. There are a couple of archetypes that they are absolutely missing if they felt like being pandering...I just don't really understand why they thought it was a fine idea to have two pairs of practically the same characters, and then have Mugi who gets next to no screentime.

About music shows, if you have any you'd like to recommend me, I'd be glad to watch it (barring it's a bad show of course), but I've been aching since Macross F ended. I loved the music from Nana, Nodame Cantabile, and to a lesser extent, Beck, but honestly, there aren't that many good shows centered around music (I've seen Gravitation, and I'm sure I'm missing a few other ones that I've watched).

It is ultimately a case of disappointment from not getting what I expected (and I've voiced that before), but also it's an incredulous reaction to those who really think this show is something grand.

Well I agree with most of what you said Kyoani is currently going downhile in quality production. I think that these day the animation of Kyoani is great but that the rest of it is low average-average material. Liked the time of Kanon 2006...
Well I guess that we should be blamming the studio for chosing this material than something else because they aren't responsible about what is this said material.

As for Ritsu being like Yui it's just because they are two idiot who got too much time showing off their idiotic nature and hence make feel the viewer like they are a-like.

Ritsu like pulling of prank, using low method to gain what she want.
Yui is air headed, hard worker(when she want to) and rely on anyone she can.

Tough it's true that they have too many caracteristic in common.

I setted my expectation low and I got something I like to watch so that's ok for me.
Tough K-on is far from being the best anime like some like to think.
May 29, 2009 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
But Munto TV is horrible, and that's all KyoAni (I believe).
But then I'm not taking into account Haruhi-chan which is really well done.
And then I'm not taking into account Nyoro~n which is mediocre at best, abysmal at worst.

You're right, Kanon is bad, but that has definitely more to do with Key than anything else. I definitely won't watch anything from them again.
May 29, 2009 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Another thing is that like many other people my favorite character is Mio, however with a Loli mini version of Mio now in the mix, It will downplay Mio and she'll probably have less screen time, as you clearly saw from this episode.

And the character (Mio) seens to be enjoying this new target, so she can finally be quiet.

KyoAni is doing a fine job with recent titles, nothing like SHnY because of the budget involved in these projects. And, Clannad, K-ON, Munto, are moe-blob anime, they stand for their moe moments. Clannad history (the main route at least) was told in a great way.
May 29, 2009 8:11 PM

Feb 2009
lol unique way of adding azusa in the OP... "hey lets just take the original and stick her picture in it!"

i felt they couldve done better though :P
May 29, 2009 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

You're right, Kanon is bad, but that has definitely more to do with Key than anything else. I definitely won't watch anything from them again.

Well I said that I know that lot of Kyoani stuff is average and overrated but I really like them, Kanon being one of my favorite from them (I really liked Haruhi too).

I didn't said it was bad but that I liked it X) (Well I knew that was going to be misunderstood ><.)

Well for me enjoyment got nothing to do with the quality of the show.
May 29, 2009 9:05 PM

Sep 2008
'yawn' very boring episode. It was so boring it made me notice how dirty my computer table was and made me pause and clean it. Nothing has ever made me clean because of bordem before.

Azusa is a character i could possibly like. I want to actually like a character in this show, I did like Mugi earlier but now she just stands there oblivious majority of the time. I like how Azusa is actually serious though, but i hate how she just does what they want her to. It's really annoying. And wow Mio who I despise actually made me like her in this episode. She wasn't acting like a boring useless wimp for once.

Like many have said, it really should have more music. I'm surprised people find the same repetitive jokes still funny 9 episodes through when they were bad in the first place. This show would actually be decent if it had more music though, because the music is actually decently well done.
May 29, 2009 9:06 PM

Oct 2007
saka said:
I think this says it all:

FANCLUB

Dude, that is criminally cute. =D

I think this was my favorite episode of the season... well, except for that unnecessary drama at the end. But everything before it was hilarious and incredibly cute.
May 29, 2009 9:09 PM
Apr 2008
I think Im inlove with Azusa! :D
Well, I think its getting pretty serious and dramatic whenever shes around.
May 29, 2009 9:13 PM

Apr 2009
On one hand, we got a new cute character to admire. Azu-nya~ :3

But on the other hand... (like some people already mentioned) isn't it bit redundant? I also thought Azusa was mini-me version of Mio when I first saw her on previous episode...
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
May 29, 2009 9:39 PM

Sep 2008
wow are these people trying to get an award in moenes or what
+ new opening with azu-nya (almost got a nosebleed)
this anime surely is a 10 now
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 29, 2009 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
needs moar Azu-nyan~
May 29, 2009 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
I thought this episode was actually pretty mediocre, i really dont think they needed a 5th member and her personality is similar to Mio's so its not like shes exactly unique. But there were alot of good parts to this episode, all the "spacing out" was done pretty well, and while the majority of people absolutely adore Mio, i pretty much cant stand her, so side lining her worked for me. Asuza is a decent character with alot of "Moe" moments or whatever the hell you want to call it, the episode was repetitive though i found and redundant, if episode 10 has asuza continously questioning if they are going to practice, i will be annoyed greatly.
May 30, 2009 2:26 AM
Jun 2007
I agree with SilentFate. This episode, annoyed the hell out of me. I hate the whole deal with AzuNya~ or whatever.
She looks so stupid in the opening >< She looks as if they took the first op, took some scenes then randomly put her there (which I guess is true) she is so not needed ><
Basically, I agree with SilentFate on everything so that's it ~
May 30, 2009 3:53 AM

Feb 2009
EnvyChan said:
She looks as if they took the first op, took some scenes then randomly put her there (which I guess is true) she is so not needed ><

yeah she looks out of place in it.
May 30, 2009 4:12 AM

Jul 2008
What's the point of discussing K-ON?
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
May 30, 2009 6:25 AM

Dec 2008
I love the OP even more now when Azusa's in the OP Song. Azu-NYAAAA cat ears YAY :D <3
May 30, 2009 7:02 AM

Dec 2008
I love the OP even more now when Azusa's in the OP Song. Azu-NYAAAA cat ears YAY :D <3
May 30, 2009 8:28 AM
Feb 2009
The OP bothers me. D: For some reason, I feel like Azusa looks somewhat out of place where they put her in. And they cut out the jumping scene! Oh well, it's probably just me. xD

I thought this episode was decent. I liked how the attention wasn't focused on Mio for once. I'm a Mio fan, but the way they were consistently putting her in the spotlight and making her act like a wimp was getting irritating. Azusa is definitely someone I like, she's actually serious about music! Hopefully introducing Azusa will balance out the focus that's put on the characters, so everyone will get more equal screen time. I really want to see more of Mugi especially.
May 30, 2009 8:29 AM

Dec 2007
My moemeter reached over 9000.
May 30, 2009 9:24 AM
Jan 2009
Aeiou said:
What's the point of discussing K-ON?

"After all, don't you want to talk about the things you like?" - Akari
May 30, 2009 9:30 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was good, but i didn't liked it as it's usual... i don't know why... azusa-chan is so cute! but Mio whit that neko ears put on still wins it all. x)
May 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
Finally, the legenday MOE is back ! Previous episode was a bit so-so, but this one was fabulous ! Hilarious and ultra cute ! It'll be hard for me now to choose between Mio and Azusa ^^
May 30, 2009 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
Azusa is so cute!

Liked the atmosphere in this episode. It kinda showed why the people like the serie, in my opinion.
They aren't a professional band but when they play they are awesome! It isn't a great/original plot, but it still is a really nice serie because the fun and cute characters. Yeah like it.
naoomMay 30, 2009 12:07 PM
May 30, 2009 12:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
Apr 2008
So this series IS about drinking tea and eating cakes after all...
Well, who needs music with that kind of moe overload anyway?
May 30, 2009 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
I really liked that episode and I think Azusa is great. Also the more serious point in the last chunk, I kinda like it when comedies do that (for instance my favourite episode of Excel Saga was the one where they dropped the gags). Really I think a sign of a good comedy is that it still works when its not trying to make you laugh since its got you caring about the characters and what they do or what happens to them and you're not just here to get a few laughs out of them.
May 30, 2009 2:01 PM

Oct 2007
Lovely new character, and I liked the rest of the episode to. Made me chuckle quite a few times and that's always a good sign ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
May 30, 2009 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
hahah awesome. love how they stuck moe moe kyunnn in at the end,

CAT EARS FTW Azu-nyan
May 30, 2009 4:04 PM

May 2007
Azunyan in the OP, yay! Too bad she isn't in the ED too... :P But yeah, she's terribly cute. Especially the fact you can tame her with cake :3 Still, Yui & Ui are the best! I lol'd at how Yui was excited to be Azunyan's senpai... XDDD

May 30, 2009 5:23 PM

Apr 2009
Will The Moe queen defense her place or nr 2 Azusa will replace here.
Mugi doesn't done much in the last 2 episodes but she got some strange things ??
May 30, 2009 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
saka said:
I think this says it all:

oh you gotta love that XD

Awesome episode^^ Azunyan was a win :D
May 30, 2009 10:11 PM

Nov 2006
Worst episode yet. It highlighted everything I don't like about the show. And even though I agree with Azusa, I don't like her. Sigh.
May 30, 2009 10:57 PM

Dec 2007
This episode is awesome episode even I’ve seen for a while. Azusa is so moe, seriously, I loved her so much! Of course, I loved Mio as well, obviously. I laughed out when Yui's reaction to Azusa playing guitar at least 15 times better than her. Mio with nekomimi ears were cute but Azu-nyan wins immediately. Azusa’s popularity will increase up for sure.
gameoffreak8May 30, 2009 11:16 PM
May 31, 2009 12:04 AM

Oct 2007
cute, so does this mean that the club is going to get more serious from now on?
May 31, 2009 12:37 AM

Dec 2008
I can sense an extreme fapping over Azusa. Just like how everyone had a hard-on for Mei from Clannad.

Fire Engine Red Fender Mustang > Sunburst Les Paul NO CONTEST!

I liked how Azusa played of a bunch of power chords when auditioning for LEAD GUITAR? You want to show off your soloing skills, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! I found that funny.
May 31, 2009 1:23 AM

Aug 2008
nyamo said:
cute, so does this mean that the club is going to get more serious from now on?

I can't imagine that, but it will be more interesting a club with a new member, won't it? I guess.
The band was eating and drinking too much. I was losing my patience with that. D:

Ok... No... :D
May 31, 2009 2:16 AM

Jan 2009
Sweet episode, Yui is a grace xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2009 2:25 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was exceptionally moe.
May 31, 2009 2:32 AM

Jul 2008
Just when I thought it couldn't get more derailed.
May 31, 2009 3:59 AM

Jan 2009
azu-nyan~ :3
i hope azusa will be out on the next ED =w=
May 31, 2009 7:20 AM

Feb 2008
In my opinion, this anime has the potential to be dropped or at least given a rating of 6. I REALLY hate the direction this anime is going, focusing less on music and when they do focus on it, it's about 1 minute of the entire episode, if that. Also Sawako pisses me off, as does Yui.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
May 31, 2009 10:17 AM

Mar 2009
Err... based on a 4koma panel manga? You guys really expect this to be focused on music?
May 31, 2009 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
^ Exactly.

The episode was nice.
Azusa's kawaii. x3
Can't wait for moar. (;
May 31, 2009 9:40 PM
Mar 2009
seconded
Jun 1, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2008
Benj-san said:
In my opinion, this anime has the potential to be dropped or at least given a rating of 6. I REALLY hate the direction this anime is going, focusing less on music and when they do focus on it, it's about 1 minute of the entire episode, if that. Also Sawako pisses me off, as does Yui.

...How...have you stayed with this series for 9 episodes? Do you NOT know what the source material is? -_-;

Oh well.
Jun 1, 2009 7:10 AM

May 2009
Mio trying on the cat ears in secret was too cute. This was my favorite episode yet!
Jun 1, 2009 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
Yuruku said:
This show has a potential to be a 10 now, if Mio would go fucking die.

Why :(

Anyway this show has a lot of great characters ^^ to bad it's only 13 episodes.

Jun 1, 2009 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
Meow :3
Jun 1, 2009 6:41 PM

May 2009
Well, Asuza might be cute and all, but I'm beginning if there really was a point i adding yet another character who resembles Mio a lot.

Actually, stuff that. You can never go wrong with 2 mio-like characters.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

348 by SwowoJonny »»
Sep 20, 1:20 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DaBigD - May 21, 2009

240 by Lara_201 »»
Sep 15, 7:45 PM

» who is your least favorite character and why? (K-ON!)

DDLG - Jul 7, 2020

34 by Serafos »»
Sep 7, 7:05 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

316 by AaDhy »»
Aug 28, 12:34 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

600 by iamragnar »»
Aug 20, 9:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.