Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
Rinth said:
fullmetal_adam said:
I really hope the people who liked to bash Asuna for being weak and irrelevant aren't the same ones who praised Sinon for being a badass or whatever. With this episode, Sinon just became the most weak and pathetic female character thus far in the series.

Asuna is plenty strong. Especially in the next arc that will most likely be animated after GGO.

She is basically Asuna 2.0 starts off strong then goes downhill from there. Is it just me or does every girl that comes into contact with Kirito suddenly become retarded? it's like their legs go numb, their brains turn to mush and their IQs drop by 10-20 points.
GrimlokkSep 6, 2014 6:21 PM
Sep 6, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 2013
Next episode: The Meaning of Strength

Sounds quite fitting with the themes of today's episode.
Sep 6, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2013
This was a nice episode, they finally told each other about their murder. I hope they will reveal the identity of death gun in the next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
Mavs said:

Quirkiness101 said:

Could you maybe give some examples of what you're talking about? If we're just talking opinion that's fine, but providing some reference to the show itself would make your case a lot stronger than emotional ranting.

It wasn't emotional. If you like it, that's fine. There's people for everything. As for reference...
My take on Sinon's character is self-explanatory. If you didn't see it, just rewatch and analize. If you still don't see it, then I may just be more picky about what I watch than you are.

Kirito's character started decently in the first season, developed for a few episodes and then started plummeting. In this season, he's been increasingly becoming more of a Gary Stu with no brain and inserted lines. Hell, probably the most unbelievable and overlooked thing in this episode was when he picked up the rifle and grenade, with his crappy aim became the first person to hit DG not once but twice, while running.

The drama was hilarious because of how badly it was delivered. Sinon bordering on bipolar was just boring and Kirito could've been a static frame without making any difference.

Happy? I'm not trying to make you agree with me, but that's what I saw. Feel free to disregard, not planning on putting any more of my time into this discussion.

The bolded was what I was looking for. You can ask Reyxe, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of this series. I just want criticism to be actual examples that can be discussed, not general statements.
Sep 6, 2014 6:46 PM
Apr 2014
Sorry to say, but next episode is pure talking, they explain everything tho.

Two chapters from now is final battle, just so u know.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 6, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
Reyxe said:

Give me good dialogue and I'll take a series of talking. Fingers crossed
Sep 6, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
they told each other about their past a little bonding in there
Sep 6, 2014 6:56 PM
Apr 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
Reyxe said:

Kirito talks about his past, they notice how Death Gun kills, some more Kirito and Sinon bonds and then they make a plan to take down DG.

Sep 6, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
Reyxe said:
Quirkiness101 said:

Kirito talks about his past, they notice how Death Gun kills, some more Kirito and Sinon bonds and then they make a plan to take down DG.

Like I said, fingers crossed for solid execution.
Sep 6, 2014 7:04 PM
Apr 2014
Quirkiness101 said:
Reyxe said:

Like I said, fingers crossed for solid execution.

I hope they don't miss any details and stop showing Sinon's ass............. WHICH I HADN'T NOTICED UNTIL SOME GUY HERE POINTED IT OUT.

Also, I seriously hope GGO's arc end is done perfectly just like the LN, i loved that scene, was really touching.

Sep 6, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2011
Kirito's harem getting bigger when he already has a girlfriend, sighh. inb4 she finds out about Asuna and gets </3
Sep 6, 2014 7:12 PM
Dec 2013
I may sound like a white knight, but I really just want to hug and console Sinon. I get so attached too broken characters, I want to tell them everything is okay and let them cry in my arms.

Sep 6, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2014
I rather see a character comming off of an explosing looking like a baddas killing machine than hear someone saying "He jumped off of his horse". It was a bit disapointing.

How come this is not tagged as harem yet?
Sep 6, 2014 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
LegnaOnFire said:
I rather see a character comming off of an explosing looking like a baddas killing machine than hear someone saying "He jumped off of his horse". It was a bit disapointing.

How come this is not tagged as harem yet?

Because the rest of the "harem" doesn't show up enough to justify it ;)
Sep 6, 2014 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
Badassery can only take a character so far.. There's more to a character than being a 24/7 badass doing things to keep you pleased

As for the episode

3/5 the second half was better .. I like seeing characters talk out their problems.. Sure some of it was cringeworthy but the scenes were necessary but I forgot this is SAO.. If Kirito takes a shit people will bitch
Sep 6, 2014 7:45 PM

Mar 2013
Kirito saving Sinon just in time, as expected.
I wish we would've seen more of Musketeer X, she was hot af.
I hope the scene where Sinon lies on top of Kirito's lap is broadcasted, so his harem sees it >:D
TrizeptSep 6, 2014 7:50 PM
Sep 6, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
*****SPOILER******
Asuna is DeathGun
*****SPOILER******

Let's hope that Asuna won't see what happens in that cave.

Sep 6, 2014 8:03 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my god... Sinon is a damsel in distress.... nooooooo :( Seriously. and Kirito is using his teleport hacks to always save the cute girls in trouble adding them to his collection... Kirito and his cliche lecture was.... cliche god the whole motorcycle interaction was so stupid I became depressed, I was yelling at the screen to SHOOT THE DAMN GUY ITS A F**KING GAME, 'how can he stay calm in a situation like this?' Oh sinon... its JUST A GAMe. 'giving it all he has?' No he is just a pervert who used the situation to touch sinon, like he always touches her, filthy molester.
I am a human.
Sep 6, 2014 8:08 PM

May 2012
Aw ffs she annoy me. . my heart is cold, that drama cant even warm it..

Sep 6, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2014
Well, that ep was expected. But it was "ok" nonetheless.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 6, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
TheGrandSage23 said:
I like seeing characters talk out their problems.. Sure some of it was cringeworthy but the scenes were necessary but I forgot this is SAO.. If Kirito takes a shit people will bitch

Lol that might be true =P
I would like to say though that while it is necessary for Kirito and Sinon to talk it out, hearing about Sinon's trauma for the third time is getting really repetitive. SAO is about as subtle as a pink elephant with a sign on it's butt reading "this is a pink elephant".

To the show's credit, I really dug one scene last episode where Kirito hinted at playing SAO and Sinon got it without prying into his personal life. The subtlety was subsequently ruined when he brought it back up again this episode, but what can you do? =P
Sep 6, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2014
AppoX said:
Oh my god... Sinon is a damsel in distress.... nooooooo :( Seriously. and Kirito is using his teleport hacks to always save the cute girls in trouble adding them to his collection... Kirito and his cliche lecture was.... cliche god the whole motorcycle interaction was so stupid I became depressed, I was yelling at the screen to SHOOT THE DAMN GUY ITS A F**KING GAME, 'how can he stay calm in a situation like this?' Oh sinon... its JUST A GAMe. 'giving it all he has?' No he is just a pervert who used the situation to touch sinon, like he always touches her, filthy molester.

Lol. I agree with that (kinda). You do have to remember that in this game, Death Gun can literally kill you.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 6, 2014 8:26 PM

Nov 2012
Sinon needs to check out Barbie online, might be a better fit for her.
Sep 6, 2014 8:28 PM
Oct 2012
TheGrandSage23 said:
but I forgot this is SAO.. If Kirito takes a shit people will bitch

If he shit they will bitch, if he doesn't shit they will bitch, if he ate bread and turned it into shit they would bitch, if he ate shit and turned it into bread they would still bitch (though in that case they would actually, finally, have a legitimate reason for their bitching....)
Sep 6, 2014 8:29 PM

May 2013
Once again, Kirito saves the day. Not surprised that the trauma kicked in. They both told their stories which for them, were the same.
Sep 6, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2013
When they was in the cave I thought Shinon was gonna pull a Asuna and switch to her lingerie.
Sep 6, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
When they was in the cave I thought Shinon was gonna pull a Asuna and switch to her lingerie.

Lol at that "Asuna".

Anyway, I hope the two won't develop romantic feelings for each other. If that happens, hell will be unleashed.
"Maybe the future is bad. But there's a future beyond that, right?" - Gasai Yuno
Sep 6, 2014 8:47 PM

Aug 2014
Nice Episode, now they both know each other past which is a good thing and good to know that Kirito saved Sinon.
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Sep 6, 2014 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
This episode felt kinda slow. Though I feel bad for poor Sinon.
Sep 6, 2014 9:22 PM

Feb 2008
SAO II is good so far, but maybe it's...boring so far? It just seems like we've delved into Sinon's past way too much time and time again , we know the story. Plus the Laughing Coffin stuff...can we just move on from this already?
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Sep 6, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2014
The episode felt slow to me as well, but... eh, that's character development for ya. While we knew everything about Kiritio and Sinon, they didn't know anything about eachother.

I seriously don't understand why Sinon "hates" the guy and acts so bipolar. Don't tell me it's still because he faked his gender for a little while. You'd think her getting spared and later saved by him would have made a difference, but nooooo, there has to be a tsundere in the show.

I found it kinda funny how Kirito just mentions some elite rifle chick (who looked like Moka, by the way) that he defeated on his way back. I also found DG on a MyLittlePony funny as well. Well, i kinda hope we find out who he is already..

4/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 6, 2014 9:56 PM
Oct 2012
Maledict said:
I seriously don't understand why Sinon "hates" the guy and acts so bipolar. Don't tell me it's still because he faked his gender for a little while.

No, while that bothered her at first because no one likes to be tricked, the real reason is that Shion is jealous of Kirito both because he has been able to move past the hurdle that has ruined her life and because he is the antithesis of what she thinks she has to do in order to move past that hurdle. The former is why she is so attracted to him (in a platonic sense), the latter is why she is so repulsed by him.
Sep 6, 2014 10:20 PM
Aug 2011
That was way too overdone for my taste.
Death Gun horse chase was top tier though.
Sep 6, 2014 10:23 PM

Aug 2013
The angst in this episode is really high. Made me cringe but at the same time, I remembered trauma isn't something so simple.

Very minor gripe: The mounts system is kind of bothering me. So is the horse really supposed to be faster than the 3-wheel bike but more difficult to control than the already difficult to control bike? The mounts kind of seem pointless if they have such high reqs to control lol.

I'd like to see more of Musketeer-san! :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 6, 2014 10:54 PM
Mar 2014
Has a rival for Asuna appeared? It seems Sinon is starting to like Kirito, probably blindly out of seeing him as her hero.

Kirito wouldn't do that to Asuna though, so it's gonna be a one-sided unrequited love if so.
Sep 6, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
Kirito's harem is real.

Finally they tell each other their backstories. Now some progress. The pacing is just way too slow. When does Aliciazation or whatever start anyways?!?!?

5/5 though. Good episode.

Man... it was to be expected... Kirito coming to save Sinon.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 6, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
and again shinon is confirmed as best girl over SAO. It was an okay episode, not too good nor too bad
Sep 6, 2014 11:47 PM

Aug 2014
Shiba- said:
I hope the scene where Sinon lies on top of Kirito's lap is broadcasted, so his harem sees it >:D

Klein would be more upset when he sees Kirito's new addition to his harem lol

Sep 7, 2014 1:08 AM

Aug 2014
kingsheep812 said:
Kirito's harem is real.

Finally they tell each other their backstories. Now some progress. The pacing is just way too slow. When does Aliciazation or whatever start anyways?!?!?

5/5 though. Good episode.

Man... it was to be expected... Kirito coming to save Sinon.

Next Season.
Shiba- said:

Sep 7, 2014 1:10 AM

Oct 2013
Good thing Asuna is currently logged out and is not watching the BoB.
Sep 7, 2014 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
darkreaver94 said:
Silver4000 said:
I don't understand if the others are always watching them or not...
Anyways, good episode, but they are forcing the talk again.

Don't think the audience can watch it. The camera will not be able to reach them since they are hiding inside a cave. Even if it does, hardly anyone will bother watching an overdramatic scene.

If they're using cameras... probably.
I was thinking on the view from the player perspective. But you must be right.
There's a couple of people who would be interested, fans and etc.
Sep 7, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2013
Wow sinon turned annoying as hell this episode.

Super boring episode,

is sinon retarded? if she was really scared she could have killed herself after they escaped and logged out.
Sep 7, 2014 1:24 AM

Jun 2014
Silver4000 said:
darkreaver94 said:

Don't think the audience can watch it. The camera will not be able to reach them since they are hiding inside a cave. Even if it does, hardly anyone will bother watching an overdramatic scene.

If they're using cameras... probably.
I was thinking on the view from the player perspective. But you must be right.
There's a couple of people who would be interested, fans and etc.
I'm sure someone is interested in watching what a boy and a girl does in a cave >.>.

Anyways, they are hiding from the satellite scan not the cameras
Sep 7, 2014 1:26 AM

Jun 2014
lucidbrandon said:

Super boring episode,

is sinon retarded? if she was really scared she could have killed herself after they escaped and logged out.
She wants to face her fear to get rid of it. Her body will still be there for DG to shoot her
Sep 7, 2014 1:29 AM

Oct 2013
lucidbrandon said:

Super boring episode,

You can't log out in the tournament even if you're dead. You'll have to wait for the tournament to finish before you are able to log out. That's why Sinon suggested to Kirito to kill themselves when there are only three left because that would end the tournament and they would be able to log out after that.

Edit: ninja'd
Sep 7, 2014 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
Urgghh, starting to hate Sinon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 2:31 AM
Apr 2014
-Riptide- said:
lucidbrandon said:

Super boring episode,

You can't log out in the tournament even if you're dead. You'll have to wait for the tournament to finish before you are able to log out. That's why Sinon suggested to Kirito to kill themselves when there are only three left because that would end the tournament and they would be able to log out after that.

Well, that sucks. You're telling me the dead ones have to stay laying down real time for the rest of the tournament that, I don't know, could last for hours? They can't even surrender? What a shitty rule.
Sep 7, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
This episode felt like some confession in a church. The drama was way to edgy and over-the-top for my liking. Death Gun is pretty much saving GGO. But light novel readers like me know what type of villain he is. I wont spoil that though.

2/5. The chase was legit though.
"Hi!"
Sep 7, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2014
This episode was mainly just feels but I think it was done pretty well.

Sinon breaks down when Death Gun chases them and Kirito just kind of stands there bing hit and screamed at all night ;)

Anyway, I'm more satisfied with this episode than some of the other epsiodes where nothing happened ^_^
Sep 7, 2014 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
qemsxd said:
-Riptide- said:

Well, that sucks. You're telling me the dead ones have to stay laying down real time for the rest of the tournament that, I don't know, could last for hours? They can't even surrender? What a shitty rule.

I can't remember if they are only able to just lie in the place where there are killed. I'm hoping they could at least watch the tournament from some room like what Kirito's harem are doing.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.