Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (82) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
yakousei said:
anyone know some really good horror / supernatural / seinen / shounen / comedy anime? and i mean REALLY good ones?

Since I assuming you don't want all in one (because that would make a really weird mix, and Seinen and Shounen don't mix)

Horror - Higruashi wins here hands down. Another is good, but if you want something for the scare/creepy factor, Another isn't what you're looking for.

Supernatural - Again, Higurashi/Another. And as someone stated before me,

Seinen - Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin is what one would call a typical Seinen, and it is REALLY well excecuted, at least the first half, which is amazing. I could also point you towards Serial Experiments Lain, which also has supernatural elements.

Shounen - I don't really enjoy Shounen, but I could recommend the oh so popular Death Note as well as the almost as popular Mirai Nikki, which are 2 shounen's I have enjoyed

Comedy - Comedy is subjective, so take my recommendations for what you want, but the 3 funniest anime comedies I've seen would be Ore no Imouto, K-on! and Yuru Yuri

And there is one more title I'd like to mention, one that fits all your genres except horror (I've seen it classed both as Shounen and Seinen, and I can understand both) is Baccano! It's executed execptionally, it has a great and memorable character cast, it has supernatural elements, it has comedy elements, and it ties everything together really nicely. If you haven't seen it, I can highly recommend checking it out.
MikochondriaAug 2, 2014 6:35 PM
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Aug 2, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
hymie8 said:
Could anyone recommend me some good animes to watch? I can basically watch anything because I get invested in any character to watch more of the anime, which totally sucks because it means I have no standards. Anyway, my sister has been recommending Hetalia, Black Butler and Death Note. I refuse to watch these because it infuriates my sister and I find that hilarious. But if you guys think it's good (I know Death Note is good but I get nightmares easily so I'm not sure) then I might watch them.
Thank you :)
PS: I like action/romance genres the most. However, romance/highschool drama is a no-no. No yaoi or boku no pico please, my soul has been tainted enough already.

I will point you towards Zetsuen no Tempest, Mirai Nikki, Fate/Stay Night and Ga-Rei: Zero.

Aug 2, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2014
I am looking for anime like toaru majutsu/kagaku no index/railgun, preferably sci-fi and fantasy.
thanks!

Aug 3, 2014 1:35 AM

Sep 2008
ShanaReady said:
I am looking for anime like toaru majutsu/kagaku no index/railgun, preferably sci-fi and fantasy.
thanks!

The only thing that I can think off that combines futuristic world with something like magic(I have an impression that You were looking for something like that) that You haven't seen would be Terra e... Also could try Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke.
Aug 3, 2014 1:49 AM
Jul 2014
Can someone suggest me a drama anime with awesome soundtracks (osts)?
Aug 3, 2014 2:06 AM

Sep 2008
ryoukii said:

Sakamichi no Apollon, Nana, Beck
Aug 3, 2014 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
ryoukii said:

If Yosuga no Sora counts as drama, that has an amazing soundtrack

Aug 3, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
Can someone give me an action anime with gore and a good story line. Check my list so you know what I've already seen.
I like Attack on Titan and akame ga kill.
Thanks!
Just pretend I have a signature here
Aug 3, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Ko_Panda said:
Can someone give me an action anime with gore and a good story line. Check my list so you know what I've already seen.
I like Attack on Titan and akame ga kill.
Thanks!

You could try Elfen Lied as long as you don't mind ecchi.
Others I could suggest;
. Btooom!
. Mirai Nikki
Both survival game type of anime, both really good story wise and have somewhat gore in them.
Aug 3, 2014 6:36 PM
Oct 2013
Looking for a new series to watch after catching up with HxH... More so, something from my Plan to Watch list. If anyone has seen a good series from there, let me know.

Thanks.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Boombawks&status=6&order=0
Aug 3, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2014
I'm new to MAL so could someone recommend me a low commitment/13 or less episode drama, slice of life or romance anime?

Anime I've watched so far: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/usuis
Aug 4, 2014 1:29 AM

May 2014
Boombawks said:
Looking for a new series to watch after catching up with HxH... More so, something from my Plan to Watch list. If anyone has seen a good series from there, let me know.

Thanks.

im surprised you haven't seen full metal alchemist brotherhood if you enjoyed hunter, you'll probably enjoy fmab

usuis said:
I'm new to MAL so could someone recommend me a low commitment/13 or less episode drama, slice of life or romance anime?

watch Kanon (2006), or chuunibyou
Jdip34Aug 4, 2014 1:33 AM
Aug 4, 2014 8:56 AM
Jul 2014
usuis said:

Kokoro Connect
Aug 4, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
usuis said:

OreGairu

Boombawks said:

Thanks.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Serial Experiments Lain

Aug 4, 2014 11:32 AM
Jul 2014
any recommendations? i like horror psychological comedy a lil romance and mystery some of my tops are Elfen Lied, Higurashi, Phantom requiem for the phantom also anything like corpse party is awesome!
Aug 4, 2014 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
I want to watch something like No Game No Life, Code Geass, SAO, or basically anything that involves crazy smart characters.. You can just take a quick look at my list (it's short i promise xD) and you'll see what I like ;) Thanks a bunch in advace :)
Aug 4, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2008
Mouryo no Hako, very smart main character. But doesn't show up until half of the series in fact...
Aug 4, 2014 6:30 PM

May 2013
Hey guys what should I watch first Guilty Crown, Kill la Kill, or Toradora!
Aug 4, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
Those three have almost nothing in common in terms of story and genre, but they are all very good in their own right.

Toradora:
Watch Toradora if you want some feels, something to brighten up your day or maybe make you cry, depending on where you are on the series. Great show, one of the best for both people who are new to anime, or are hardcore veterans.

Kill La Kill:
The show is lighthearted and dark at the same time, but it's a show you can zone into. There's a lot of themes in there that you can dig out and discuss, so there is a deeper meaning to a lot of the nonsensical setting and gung ho fighting, but you can also just relax and watch a good fight scene. Watch when you feel tired, maybe the show's epicness will get to you.

Guilty Crown:
Quite serious, a lot of dark themes, watch when you feel like you need to ground yourself in reality. Good action, great setting and music, so you can really immerse yourself in it.

Great animes, just match your 'emotion of the day' to the atmosphere of whichever anime you feel like watching that day. But I would probably watch Toradora first (laugh and cry first), then guilty crown (get angry and depressed), then just watch Kill la Kill for the giggles.
Aug 4, 2014 10:42 PM
May 2013
Hey guys, i've watched a bunch of anime and since im really picky its hard for me to choose any more. I'd love it if you could recommend me some dark/ phsycological anime or really any type of anime with good mc's.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PugtXxsushix
Aug 5, 2014 1:02 AM
Jul 2013
I just finished two unexpectedly great shows. If anyone can give me recs for either of them, that would be great! Please and thank you!

1) From The New World

2) Heaven's Memo Pad
Aug 5, 2014 6:59 PM
Feb 2013
usuis said:

Mikakunin! (hyperlinked) It's vanilla :D, slice of life, romance (not shoujo though), comedy

flyingbee said:
I want to watch something like No Game No Life, Code Geass, SAO, or basically anything that involves crazy smart characters.. You can just take a quick look at my list (it's short i promise xD) and you'll see what I like ;) Thanks a bunch in advace :)

I was going to recommend Hyouka D: amazing show!

looking at your list, yahari (hyperlinked) is another I really enjoyed. Maybe because I was something of a loner growing up I could really connect with the main characters and I thought the dialogues+monologues were some of the best! Rather than being really smart, the main character is really insightful about human nature (it's a school slice of life).
Aug 5, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2014
Anyone wanna help a fellow fan of rom com with some recommendations thanks and dont forget to add me (∩❛ڡ❛∩)
Aug 6, 2014 2:14 AM

Apr 2014
vrose22 said:
I just finished two unexpectedly great shows. If anyone can give me recs for either of them, that would be great! Please and thank you!

1) From The New World

2) Heaven's Memo Pad

Try Gosick

Rashikabi-san said:
Anyone wanna help a fellow fan of rom com with some recommendations thanks and dont forget to add me (∩❛ڡ❛∩)

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Aug 6, 2014 5:09 AM

May 2014
PugtXxsushix said:
Hey guys, i've watched a bunch of anime and since im really picky its hard for me to choose any more. I'd love it if you could recommend me some dark/ phsycological anime or really any type of anime with good mc's.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PugtXxsushix

Try
Baccano!
Another
Darker Than Black
Psycho - Pass

Aug 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
I haven't been watching anime that much lately (I know, shame on me for it too). But the point is I really want to get sucked into a good show, maybe even a few shows. I was looking for a show, preferably with good action, but more importantly with good character development. This can be physical or emotional. I don't want something like bleach where he basically inherits his power. I want to see the character learn, and grow from every experience. (kind of like Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)

I honestly don't care if it is shounen, romance, comedy or whatever. The only things that I don't go for is yaoi or yuri. (just doesn't appeal, no offense to anyone out there, I just have trouble relating to the characters).

If you want a list of anime I have watched click this thingy right here....(ignore how I rate things, it is of little importance) http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cloud1016

If I am unclear about anything ask away, thank you in advance for your help.
cloud1016Aug 7, 2014 12:43 AM
Aug 6, 2014 8:01 PM
Jun 2010
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kghaste check out my list and please recommend me an anime. Thank you!
Aug 7, 2014 5:46 PM

Sep 2008
cloud1016 said:
I haven't been watching anime that much lately (I know, shame on me for it too). But the point is I really want to get sucked into a good show, maybe even a few shows. I was looking for a show, preferably with good action, but more importantly with good character development. This can be physical or emotional. I don't want something like bleach where he basically inherits his power. I want to see the character learn, and grow from every experience. (kind of like Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)

I honestly don't care if it is shounen, romance, comedy or whatever. The only things that I don't go for is yaoi or yuri. (just doesn't appeal, no offense to anyone out there, I just have trouble relating to the characters).

If you want a list of anime I have watched click this thingy right here....(ignore how I rate things, it is of little importance) http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cloud1016

If I am unclear about anything ask away, thank you in advance for your help.

Genshikem, Gin no Saji, Moyashimon, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

kghaste said:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kghaste check out my list and please recommend me an anime. Thank you!

Diamond no Ace, Yowamushi Pedal, Haikyuu!!, Ping Pong The Animation, Moshidora, Taishou Yakyuu Musume
Aug 7, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2013
Thank you for the input, definitely going to look into some of these!
Aug 7, 2014 7:49 PM
Jun 2010
i am currently watching diamond no ace and haikyu, and i dropped the other animes, do you have any other anime you can recommend thank you
Aug 8, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2014
@kghaste

Baccano!
Ga-Rei: Zero

Aug 8, 2014 1:36 AM
Jun 2014
Is there an anime which has action(fighting/supernatural, I dun mind either), comedy, ecchi and romance? Example: Highschool DxD, Highschool of the Dead
Aug 8, 2014 1:49 AM

Feb 2013
But_Why said:
Is there an anime which has action(fighting/supernatural, I dun mind either), comedy, ecchi and romance? Example: Highschool DxD, Highschool of the Dead
Rosario to Vampire, first one to come to mind; was also gonna suggest Hidan no Aria and Sora no Otoshimono, but you've already seen both. You can also try Nisekoi, but it doesn't envolve action (forget it if action is a main criteria).
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
Aug 8, 2014 5:08 AM

Sep 2008
kghaste said:
i am currently watching diamond no ace and haikyu, and i dropped the other animes, do you have any other anime you can recommend thank you

I only gave a list of sports anime, because I've seen You watched a lot of them, and if it isn't on the list, I can't know about it. As for other types, You might try: Berserk: Ougon Jidaihen(3 movies), Baccano, Durarara, Hellsing Ultimate, Kara no Kyoukai, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star

But_Why said:

Try: Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Aug 8, 2014 5:17 AM

Nov 2013
Hey folks! Any suggestions based on my list/faves? :o
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 8, 2014 8:39 AM
Jun 2014
Thanks~ i'll add it to my waiting list.
one more thing.... who's the anime girl in the picture i see beside the anime recommendation button in this club, the one with lightning around her hand? and which anime is she from?
Aug 8, 2014 8:59 AM

Sep 2008
But_Why said:
Thanks~ i'll add it to my waiting list.
one more thing.... who's the anime girl in the picture i see beside the anime recommendation button in this club, the one with lightning around her hand? and which anime is she from?

All of the pictures in that layout are from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, and that's Misaka Mikoto. If You want to watch all from that franchise, start with both Toaru Kagaku no Railgun series, followed by two Toaru Majutsu no Index series.

Vexper said:
Hey folks! Any suggestions based on my list/faves? :o

Code Geass, Outlaw Star, Zetsuen no Tempest, Nana, Kara no Kyoukai
Aug 8, 2014 6:12 PM
Jun 2014
kk thanks ^^
Aug 8, 2014 7:38 PM
May 2014
Hi everyone! I'm kind of new to anime so I was wondering if there is an anime that I still haven't watched? For example, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Code Geas, Steins;Gate and FMAB are all must watch anime. They don't share similarities between each other nor are they influential to the anime industry. Their just blind blowing amazing shows that everyone has to see. Is there anything else? Just check my list to see what I'm missing. Thank you!
Aug 9, 2014 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
eta101 said:
Hi everyone! I'm kind of new to anime so I was wondering if there is an anime that I still haven't watched? For example, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Code Geas, Steins;Gate and FMAB are all must watch anime. They don't share similarities between each other nor are they influential to the anime industry. Their just blind blowing amazing shows that everyone has to see. Is there anything else? Just check my list to see what I'm missing. Thank you!

I wouldn't call any anime a must watch, because everybody is different. But if You want those that many people watched and liked, You might try: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu(You can watch both seasons at the same time, just find a list how chronologicaly they should be watched), Clannad(and After Story), Elfen Lied, Angel Beats!, Baccano, Durarara, Bakemonogatari(and the rest of monogatari series), Mirai Nikki, Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha, K-on, Higurashi, Anohana, Akira and for now that will be enough... :P
Aug 9, 2014 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
eta101 said:

Angel Beats!
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Clannad
Clannad After Story
K-on
Little Busters
Gosick
Kanon(2006)
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

And I'll just throw these in there as well;
Fairy Tale
Air
Shakugan no Shana

That should be enough for a while xD
Aug 9, 2014 5:40 AM

Feb 2013
eta101 said:
I would strongly suggest Fairy Tail, Kuroko no Basket, Ao no Exorcist, Kill la Kill, Pandora Hearts, Noragami, No Game No Life, Angel Beats and Rurouni Kenshin. Enjoy those in the next 4/5 months. xD
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
Aug 9, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
eta101 said:

I strongly disagree on those being must watch (the one's I've seen), so I'm not sure if I should even recommend you something, but oh well here we go anyways.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Mirai Nikki
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Baccano!

Aug 9, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Hello'! I'm looking for series that are already finished, with the "classical" superpower/magical power theme, and with action in it (people fighting each other using those powers) . Preferable newer ones , cuz of the animation. It looks like i'm running out of animes, and trying new genre isn't really helping. I'm afraid i'm gonna need to start watching Bleach, and that will take a lot of time to finish it...
Aug 10, 2014 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
DarkStyle said:
Hello'! I'm looking for series that are already finished, with the "classical" superpower/magical power theme, and with action in it (people fighting each other using those powers) . Preferable newer ones , cuz of the animation. It looks like i'm running out of animes, and trying new genre isn't really helping. I'm afraid i'm gonna need to start watching Bleach, and that will take a lot of time to finish it...

I know how you feel about the whole "looking for series that are finished". Can't really think of any apart from probably Fairy Tale that fit the genre.
Aug 10, 2014 2:29 AM

Sep 2008
DarkStyle said:

Try: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hellsing Ultimate, Sengoku Basara, Rental Magica, Slayers(it's older but has good art and animation style).
Aug 10, 2014 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Hey guys. Im kinda new to myanimelist. Anyway, do u have any recommendations that are like these anime

1. Hajime no ippo. Great action that will get me really excited

2. Golden time. I loved the drama and i loved how it ended. Anything with a lot of romantic drama

3. High school DxD. Something thats really funny and full of action and fan service

Or u can just recommend anything thats similar in my animelist.

P.S. Pls recommend anime that have AT LEAST 20 episodes or 2 seasons. I hate short anime.
Action. Romance. Comedy. Drama.

Yeah, i kinda like every genre. Feel free to recommend me any anime, ask me for any recommendations
or to just chat/pm me.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/dl0rdfabz][PROFILE][/url][ANIME LIST]
Aug 10, 2014 8:42 AM
Jul 2014
1. Ao no exorcist, Claymore, Ga Rei Zero?

2. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. I dont saw it, but I heard it's very good

3. Ben-To

Ga-Rei : Zero and Ben-To has less than 20 episodes, but they are worth watching
Aug 11, 2014 6:58 AM
Jun 2014
hey hey fabulous people! gotta ask this tho. i'm looking for:-
1) an anime where the guy and girl hate/don't get along with each other at the beginning or perhaps the guy likes the girl but the girl doesn't and progress happens and at the end they're together? i'd prefer if the anime isn't slow moving.
ex. of some that i've watched and liked maid sama, ookami-san
2) anything with romance and epic comedy?
ex. bokura wa minna kawaisou, seitokai no ichizon, mayo chiki
Aug 11, 2014 7:42 AM
Aug 2014
Hi, new to anime. Started watching it because, well, I was getting tired of the reruns of US animation. I am trying to locate shows on Netflix that are appropriate for my daughter, 10 years old, to watch with me. We watched Knights of Sidonia and I've no idea why it was given a TV-MA rating. But totally get why AoT does and she doesn't like it. We thought Soul Eater and Sword Art Online was great though she hid her face a couple of times.
We want to make a queue of shows without lots of blood and dismemberment. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (82) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1417 by Amit_27 »»
May 27, 9:26 AM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

5 by Yomotoko_Senpai »»
May 26, 10:12 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.