Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 3, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2012
he will become more badass than ACCELERATOR
im serious...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 3, 2014 9:00 AM
Dec 2011
When he became badass you will drop your jaw. but yeah, I dont really like how the anime turned out, it was rushed tbh. I was suprised to see the white haired Kaneki to be revealed within 12 episodes when it took 60+ chapters in the manga.

the anime also left out many bits how Kaneki blends himself as a ghoul and Touka's character also seemed empty. but wel, I still love this anime.
Aug 12, 2014 5:15 PM

Dec 2010
I lol when people call him Shinji. They have obviously never watched NGE.
Aug 13, 2014 3:12 PM
Jan 2011
Coralira said:
SerenityB3128 said:
I think it's funny that people keep saying in the comments "ya see that white hair in the opening? Yeah that's him he's badass" like white hair automatically means he's a badass lol.

My problem isn't that he's a wuss, I'm more annoyed that (right now) he's just a very one-sided character without much backstory or distinguishable character traits.
I hope that changes later and that we get some insight to him, but as of right now I literally know /nothing/ about this guy other than the fact that he's part ghoul and doesn't like that he's part ghoul.

The anime hasn't really put much effort into his character so far.. At least what I can see.
I think in the manga you definitely get to see some insight to him later. But the really meaty stuff seems to come a lot later.

I don't know. If I had white hair I think I would be more of a badass. The hair looks cool along with the mask and different color eye.
Aug 15, 2014 7:33 AM

Apr 2008
ninjastarforcex said:
he will become more badass than ACCELERATOR
im serious...

We talking about Anime Accelerator or Light Novel Accelerator? Cause LN Accelerator wipes the floor >_>
Aug 15, 2014 8:14 AM
Nov 2011
I dont like when people call Kaneki a puss -.- Like, you would be calm when you sundedntly is turned to a FREAKING GHOUL wich you learned that are FREAKING HUMAN EATER MONSTERs and that you cant eat ANYTHING BESIDES HUMAN FLESH(and coffee :p). AND SEES A LOT OF DEATH AND BLOOD WHILE SOME TIME BEFORE YOU WERE JUST LIVINGYOUR NORMAL LIFE!? He is not a puss! He is a freaking human!! Even my brother said that he would consider suicide if it was him in Kaneki's place '_'
Oh, but anime Kaneki is really dumb, he in the manga is much more aware of things, like in the gourmet thing he just folowed Tsukiyama because Itori told him to, and was aware that he could get in trouble. I always liked him before and after the white hair thing. So much that now I'm missing the old Kaneki ;_;
Aug 16, 2014 7:47 AM

Mar 2014
Milenart said:
I dont like when people call Kaneki a puss -.- Like, you would be calm when you sundedntly is turned to a FREAKING GHOUL wich you learned that are FREAKING HUMAN EATER MONSTERs and that you cant eat ANYTHING BESIDES HUMAN FLESH(and coffee :p). AND SEES A LOT OF DEATH AND BLOOD WHILE SOME TIME BEFORE YOU WERE JUST LIVINGYOUR NORMAL LIFE!? He is not a puss! He is a freaking human!! Even my brother said that he would consider suicide if it was him in Kaneki's place '_'
Oh, but anime Kaneki is really dumb, he in the manga is much more aware of things, like in the gourmet thing he just folowed Tsukiyama because Itori told him to, and was aware that he could get in trouble. I always liked him before and after the white hair thing. So much that now I'm missing the old Kaneki ;_;

I second this. When I was watching the episode, I really thought "damn, I would try to kill myself."

Actually, often, when a character is reacting perfectly normally in an anime (or even in movies and TV shows actually), which is freaking out when something freaking is happening, they are automatically called a puss, a whiny..."His whole family was murdered in front of his eyes, and he cried ? What a pussy !"

I mean, seriously ? If you're turn into a ghoul, if you're almost murdered or whateve horrible things happened to those characters, will you be just "meh..." and act badass ? That's not life.

I like when characters react that way in manga/anime. First, it is more realist. Then, it also a promise of character development.
Aug 19, 2014 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Lol, just look at the last scene of the OP:

Lol... They're rushing this so hard
Aug 19, 2014 7:07 AM

May 2013
Meritas said:
I lol when people call him Shinji. They have obviously never watched NGE.

^This.

OT: More like of a badass Anti-Hero. The manga is more detailed but yeah... Wait for the last 5 episodes //rushed.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 19, 2014 7:38 AM
Jun 2014
Keitea said:
Milenart said:

I second this. When I was watching the episode, I really thought "damn, I would try to kill myself."

Actually, often, when a character is reacting perfectly normally in an anime (or even in movies and TV shows actually), which is freaking out when something freaking is happening, they are automatically called a puss, a whiny..."His whole family was murdered in front of his eyes, and he cried ? What a pussy !"

I mean, seriously ? If you're turn into a ghoul, if you're almost murdered or whateve horrible things happened to those characters, will you be just "meh..." and act badass ? That's not life.

I like when characters react that way in manga/anime. First, it is more realist. Then, it also a promise of character development.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Sep 4, 2014 1:55 PM
Jan 2013
So all of you kept telling me that he'll get badass and that he gets better, but 10 episodes out of 12 in, he's still the same whiny crybaby useless faggot. I cant stand this kid. Even when he was in a battle and had the chance to be cool and badass he got his ass beaten over and over again until he finally did something and even THEN he was a pussy and told the guy to run while crying. And now he got almost beaten to death and kidnapped again. fuck, you all love trolling dont you??
Sep 4, 2014 2:00 PM

Nov 2012
enginesofdemise said:
So all of you kept telling me that he'll get badass and that he gets better, but 10 episodes out of 12 in, he's still the same whiny crybaby useless faggot. I cant stand this kid. Even when he was in a battle and had the chance to be cool and badass he got his ass beaten over and over again until he finally did something and even THEN he was a pussy and told the guy to run while crying. And now he got almost beaten to death and kidnapped again. fuck, you all love trolling dont you??

i will see you later
Sep 4, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
enginesofdemise said:

lol lemme see if you're gonna still say that by the end of the show.
Sep 4, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
enginesofdemise said:

Boy are you gonna be surprised.. Just you wait for it.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 4, 2014 6:10 PM
Feb 2014
enginesofdemise said:
Seriously, I 'm sick and tired of these pussy-ass main characters in anime. I understand he's all upset and whatever but him crying like a bitch in every episodes is starting to piss me off.
Does he ever grow a pair of balls and stop whining or is this kid gonna be the next Shinji Ikari/Yukiteru Amano?

You will have to wait and see. Do you really want to be spoiled?
~~~
Sep 4, 2014 7:44 PM

Apr 2008
ninjastarforcex said:
enginesofdemise said:

i will see you later

I doubt he'll be impressed given how rushed and handicapped that transformatiion will be cause STudio Pierrot can't adapt a series to save their life
Sep 4, 2014 8:20 PM

Jan 2009
This is why we never get any decent main characters, because people bash all of those who are not an automatic badass. Just because Kaneki reacts like a normal human being doesn't mean he is not man enough, Jesus Christ.
MegaphySep 4, 2014 8:33 PM
Sep 4, 2014 10:14 PM
Mar 2014
As people have been saying, if you want a non-cry-baby Kaneki, read the manga. He has never been a whining bitch aside from right at the very beginning (before he came to Antikeu) when he was still getting over the suddenly change to his life, and even then, it was only little bursts of angst when the stress got to much, and otherwise pretty rational and grounded. (he's already an emotionally broken trainwreck before being a half-ghoul that just represses most of his issues instead of whining about it, while trying to stay upbeat and optimistic as much as possible).

The anime has utterly butchered his character, and I'm prediciting RIGHT NOW, you'll get to see "badass kaneki" for maybe 5 minutes before the series end on a cliff hanger(or worse, completely original ending) that may or may not get a continuation someday.
Sep 4, 2014 10:48 PM

Jun 2014
You'll see ...

Sep 4, 2014 10:56 PM

Aug 2014
Nope. Trust me I've read the manga to the latest chapter.

Even after his hair turns white he still remains being the emo faggot that he originally was. Actually it may possibly make you cringe even harder.
FoxfireSep 5, 2014 2:58 AM
Sep 5, 2014 1:08 AM

Apr 2014
Fox814 said:

Even after he turns white air he still remains being the emo faggot that he originally was. Actually it may possibly make you cringe even harder.

Are we even reading the same manga?
Sep 5, 2014 2:28 AM

Nov 2012
Fox814 said:

Even after he turns white air he still remains being the emo faggot that he originally was. Actually it may possibly make you cringe even harder.

confirmed by touka
Sep 5, 2014 2:59 AM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:

Yeah I think so.

Are you up to the part where his hair turns white and he becomes an even more butthurt faggot?

Kaneki represented through one song,

For me the ultimate cringe.
FoxfireSep 5, 2014 3:03 AM
Sep 5, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Even as he is now the MC is EXTREMELY brave. OP wouldnt last one day in his shoes lmao.
The Art of Eight
Sep 5, 2014 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
Fox814 said:
Z4k said:

Yeah I think so.

Are you up to the part where his hair turns white and he becomes an even more butthurt faggot?

Kaneki represented through one song,

For me the ultimate cringe.

This song is actually fitting. LOL

And yes he does grow a pair, perhaps more.
Sep 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2014
I see a lot of people making a bunch of excuses and "blah blah blah read the manga" but up to episode 10 in the anime Kaneki has been pretty useless and whinny. The only good things he's done is hold off Amon and save his best friend (what's his name again?), and he couldn't even do that without crying.
Sep 5, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2011
He has fairly normal reactions to things... Do you expect him to just get used to being a ghoul right away or something?
If you want an invincible character you should watch shit anime like SAO
Sep 5, 2014 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
marriage said:
He has fairly normal reactions to things... Do you expect him to just get used to being a ghoul right away or something?

hey you know, im in a middle of fapping and i saw your signature. fuck you bro.
Sep 5, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
marriage said:

I encourage you to join our club
Sep 5, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2010
marriage said:
ninjastarforcex said:

I encourage you to join our club

Ah that was a good response. But I do agree, why's everyone whining and whining about Kaneki not having a pair? I like him the way he is. That little shit will get some nice development soon.
Sep 5, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2014
marriage said:

I don't even like SAO, but Kirito is has more depth than Kaneki and he's shallow as fuck. Plenty has happened for him to have character development and adjust to being a ghoul. He barely even associates with humans. The whole conflict is a poor man's attempt to make the MC sound philosophical.
Sep 5, 2014 10:56 AM

Nov 2012
Kamima said:
marriage said:

I don't even like SAO, but Kirito is has more depth than Kaneki and he's shallow as fuck. Plenty has happened for him to have character development and adjust to being a ghoul. He barely even associates with humans. The whole conflict is a poor man's attempt to make the MC sound philosophical.

so... after watching anime, you are complaining about kaneki is so shallow and have no development? ME TOO!
Sep 5, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
Kamima said:
I see a lot of people making a bunch of excuses and "blah blah blah read the manga" but up to episode 10 in the anime Kaneki has been pretty useless and whinny. The only good things he's done is hold off Amon and save his best friend (what's his name again?), and he couldn't even do that without crying.

Oh the joys of being a manga reader
Sep 5, 2014 11:56 AM
Aug 2011
Z4k said:

more like the joys of being an annoying as fuck fanbase
Sep 5, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
parfaited said:
Z4k said:

more like the joys of being an annoying as fuck fanbase

If you mean those people complaining about the adaption not being faithful then yes its annoying as fuck. I'm enjoying the adaption for what it is.
Sep 5, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2010
Why are you guys replying to him? It's pretty clear he's just trying to stir shit up.
Kaneki is a really likeable character imo
Sep 13, 2014 12:11 PM
Jan 2013
LMAO so let me get this straight, all of you people saying that the main character gets badass are saying that cuz after like a few times getting tortured he suddenly goes into full edgemaster mode and grows white hair? Give me a break that isnt even character development thats just plot convenience and making the character completely different because the author couldnt find a better way to get him out of the situation cuz hes the main character and cant ever die. It's basically just a shonen powerup that comes at the right time
also he starts putting on nail polish what the fuck
Sep 13, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2012
enginesofdemise said:
LMAO so let me get this straight, all of you people saying that the main character gets badass are saying that cuz after like a few times getting tortured he suddenly goes into full edgemaster mode and grows white hair? Give me a break that isnt even character development thats just plot convenience and making the character completely different because the author couldnt find a better way to get him out of the situation cuz hes the main character and cant ever die. It's basically just a shonen powerup that comes at the right time

by the way

do you plan on reading the manga? im quite interested of anime watcher responses after reading. especially those who hate the anime
Sep 13, 2014 12:18 PM
Jan 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
enginesofdemise said:

by the way
Bro come on he's obviously gonna come back at the last moment
Sep 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2012
enginesofdemise said:
ninjastarforcex said:

by the way
i hope so
Sep 13, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Goddamit engines', do you even spoilertag?

Oh wait, we're already there. Nvm
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Sep 13, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
enginesofdemise said:
ninjastarforcex said:

by the way

The manga is finished.
Sep 13, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:
enginesofdemise said:

The manga is finished.

I spoiled myself, but it's hilarious to see all of his assertions just blow up in his face like that. Haha. So, it was worth it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 14, 2014 12:47 AM
Oct 2012
enginesofdemise said:

The author always had it planned. I'm very sure.
Unfortunately it wasn't only badass white hair that was planned for Kaneki.
Sep 14, 2014 1:00 AM

Jun 2014
Coralira said:
enginesofdemise said:

The author always had it planned. I'm very sure.
Unfortunately it wasn't only badass white hair that was planned for Kaneki.

oh you =D
Sep 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
enginesofdemise said:

Hate to break it to you but Kaneki used his own strength to defeat Yamori, the only thing the torture really did was change his overall personality. Kaneki has proven himself time and time again how powerful he really is even before Yamori...,well in the manga anyway.

Sep 17, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
I don't think that Kaneki is whiny character at all. He is going through something that is really fucked up (becoming half ghoul). You can't expect him to be automatically fine after that.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Sep 17, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
No, he grows a quad. Read the damn manga ffs.
Sep 17, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2014
Read the manga and then cut your balls off in repentance.

Sep 18, 2014 2:00 AM
Jul 2014
Somewhat in the manga...but don't bother unless you somehow enjoy the anime.
The manga is better but still not the masterpiece people makes out it to be.
It's also a trolling manga, that ending and resolution renders every attempt at world building useless since it doesn't serve any specific purpose.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

322 by chris1763 »»
Sep 17, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

863 by Thominho22 »»
Sep 5, 3:26 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul EX: Celebration of the 10th anniversary of the anime!

nirererin - Jul 3

36 by reTIKYI »»
Aug 12, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

521 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 7, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

850 by Yeryin »»
Jul 31, 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.