Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for Jun 2 - 8

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 12, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
Hooray for One Piece! :D
Jun 12, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
Yes Haikyuu! <3 Also, yay Yowapeda and Dia Ace :D
Jun 12, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2011
Progeusz said:
One time 30k is enough for week's #1, other time it won't get you to top5. For example in the last week #1 sold 25k.

For the sake of pedantry, this is the only time when MAL's LN rankings have had rank 5 requiring more than 30k sales.

But still, you haven't given any reason why it wouldn't get a second season. Whatever you say, 67k sales is a lot. Even if it is down on the last volume's figure.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 12, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
Progeusz said:
One time 30k is enough for week's #1, other time it won't get you to top5. For example in the last week #1 sold 25k.

For the sake of pedantry, this is the only time when MAL's LN rankings have had rank 5 requiring more than 30k sales.

But still, you haven't given any reason why it wouldn't get a second season. Whatever you say, 67k sales is a lot. Even if it is down on the last volume's figure.

+1
Jun 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2007
kuuderes_shadow said:
First of all, THIRD, not second season. This is huge difference.

1) Third seasons simply don't happen too often.
2) Third season is basically guaranteed to sell less than S2 and Haganai isn't the most consistent franchise ever, S3 would likely look at 3-5k average, barely profitable.
3) Third season wouldn't boost source material sales because only people who are already fans would watch it
4) Third season wasn't announced anywhere in last week. This is important because
5) Light novel is ending, there's only an epilogue volume left.
6) Nobody makes anime for finished material.

Is that enough?

Anyway, when we're talking about something as ridiculous as S3, I have no obligation to provide any arguments. Meanwhile the only argument people gave for S3 are good LN sales of last volume.
Jun 12, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2011
Progeusz said:
First of all, THIRD, not second season. This is huge difference.

yup yup, stupid obvious error on my part from typing without thinking.

5) Light novel is ending, there's only an epilogue volume left.

source?

6) Nobody makes anime for finished material.

really?
what about this, or this or this one, or just about every game adaptation ever?

The first one is true but not all that significant because they do happen. The second is actually saying it would be profitable and the third therefore may not be relevant.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
kuuderes_shadow said:
source?
Volume 10. It ends with "The end" instead of "To be continued".

kuuderes_shadow said:
really?
You know they're exceptions. And you should be aware that game adaptations aren't comparable at all.

When was the last time LN adaptation had third season?
Monogatari works, even if it's pretty different from other LNs. But well, it's the best selling late-night anime, even its tenth season would still do better than Haganai's first.
FMP had three TV series but saying "three seasons" would be a stretch.
Raildex is shaky as well because two of its four seasons are based on manga, even if universe's origin is LN.
I guess there's nothing? Why would Haganai be the very first LN to have three seasons? In what way is it special? It does well but there are series doing better. Both anime and LN. It's also approaching its end.
Jun 12, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
As for series ending, there are also some events suggesting it. Hardcore Haganai LN volume 10 spoilers:
Jun 13, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2010
Haikyuu here, Haikyuu there, Haikyuu everywhere! (So happy)
Jun 13, 2014 3:36 AM

Oct 2007
Mecasonic said:
Progeusz said:
Volume 10. It ends with "The end" instead of "To be continued".

Previous volumes ended with "The end" too.
I was lied to? Oh my. I'll check when I get home in the evening.

>Slayers
Series from previous century, not comparable in the slightest. Also, different audience.

>Kyou Kara Maou
I may be mistaken but I think it wasn't late night otaku show (don't have time to check it now but with the number of episodes it's pretty obvious) and there was NHK involved meaning profit, especially sales, wasn't as important.

I agree about Shana and ZnT, I have no idea how could I forget them, especially Znt with its magical four seasons. Honestly didn't know about Maria-sama. I'm not sure about it being comparable to Haganai but okay, let's give you that. So there are those three, with Rie pair being bigger than Haganai and having their last anime not too much after novels ended.
I guess S3 is somewhat possible for Haganai (even if it would be the weakest LN adaptation with three seasons) but it most definitely isn't something likely, not to mention sure like many in this thread were implying.
Jun 13, 2014 3:42 AM
Feb 2012
Its like Prog is getting paid for arguing Haganai season 3 not happening ever!!!!!111 But everyone needs to have a hobby, right?

As for my previous comment. It is up to author-kun. If he doesn't write any new material, they can't make it into an anime.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 13, 2014 5:06 AM

Oct 2007
Rachmaninow said:
Its like Prog is getting paid for arguing Haganai season 3 not happening ever!!!!!111 But everyone needs to have a hobby, right?
That would be the best job ever. I can't wait for the beautiful day Haganai finally ends. At least I can enjoy delicious shitstorms whenever new volume comes out with its ridiculous developments.

Rachmaninow said:
As for my previous comment. It is up to author-kun. If he doesn't write any new material, they can't make it into an anime.
Don't underestimate anime market, they're very creative with endings. We don't have to look far, see Zero no Tsukaima mentioned above where creators weren't too bothered by actual events in source material. Or some adaptations by A-1 like Ao or Magi.
And no, it isn't up to author (or to be exact, he is vital but at the same time isn't the most important here). He doesn't have the power or funds to create an anime. Suggestions and giving the final okay, that's it. However it also applies to other parties involved.
Jun 13, 2014 5:56 AM

Jan 2014
Progeusz said:
That would be the best job ever. I can't wait for the beautiful day Haganai finally ends. At least I can enjoy delicious shitstorms whenever new volume comes out with its ridiculous developments.

So you don't like Haganai ?
Jun 13, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2011
Progeusz said:
Mecasonic said:

Previous volumes ended with "The end" too.
I was lied to? Oh my. I'll check when I get home in the evening.

Volumes 1-5, 7 and 8 all end with 'owari'. Volume 9 ends with 'tsuzuku', connect ends with 'CONNECTED' and volume 6 doesn't have anything of the sort.
Jun 13, 2014 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
One Piece just being the boss like always and
*1. 67,182 *67,182 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Vol.10
Jun 13, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2007
AmmarAA said:
That's a tricky question. I can't say yest to it but saying I like it wouldn't be true either. I'm definitely not indifferent. You could say I enjoy it despite being aware of not exactly flaws but its very low quality in general.

@kuuderes_shadow, thanks for the correction then. So the end isn't certain but it is true that events went up to another level which would be a sign of LN reaching its closure.
Jun 13, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Progeusz said:
AmmarAA said:
That's a tricky question. I can't say yest to it but saying I like it wouldn't be true either. I'm definitely not indifferent. You could say I enjoy it despite being aware of not exactly flaws but its very low quality in general.

You could say I'm the same..
Jun 13, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2010
Snow said:

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
*1. 67,182 *67,182 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Vol.10

Words cannot express how happy I am seeing one of my fav anime (material) doing so well <3

Patiently waits for S3
Jun 14, 2014 11:58 PM
Oct 2013
Really glad to see Kimi to Boku!
Jun 15, 2014 3:21 AM

Jun 2011
keragamming said:
So happy for Claymore. Stay strong.

+1 .. Over 100k :D
and of course one piece at the top :p almost 2M!
Jun 15, 2014 4:32 AM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:
Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo
I've seen this a lot of times in the rankings recently, sound good, anime please

it came back on the oricon charts despite the fact that this series has finished years ago because they decided to make a drama which is currently airing (I think?).
Since they decided to make a drama, I don't think they'll ever do an anime. It's not like yo ucan't have both, but we're talking about a series finished years ago which finally received some sort of adaptation after waiting so much time.
From what I've seen, Ban'nou Kanteishi Q series have extremely good appreciation from its readers. First book sold 300k now, which is very good for a LN.
Anyway, just bought the 12 volumes of the first series this week (they haven't arrived yet though ~). So I'll see for myself later this year.

And Progeusz is doing the same thing with Haganai season 3 that I did with Horizon season 3 ^^".
ZefyrisJun 15, 2014 4:40 AM
Jun 15, 2014 4:11 PM

Oct 2007
Zefyris said:
And Progeusz is doing the same thing with Haganai season 3 that I did with Horizon season 3 ^^".
Hey, Horizon has better chances!

...or so I would like to think. ^^" It's much safer bet than any other LN adaptation (aside from Monogatari alone) but somehow I get the feeling actual chances are very low. Please surprise me, Sunrise.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra' Gets TV Anime

Nioxys - Yesterday

6 by uncleqrow »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Dandadan' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

8 by Pakumen- »»
10 minutes ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' Gets Third Season

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by IzanaSolos »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Blue Lock 2nd Season' Announces Pair of Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

3 by mpazarrr »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.