Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2013 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
The problem of logging out has been around since half a year ago. I'm in china, so I don't know the extent to which people elsewhere are affected but recently logging out has gotten more frequent, up to every 5 seconds in some cases.
Oct 29, 2013 6:03 PM
May 2013
manabilt said:
Something is also affecting mobile clients, and it's IP based. I can no longer load my manga/anime lists in any of the MAL Android apps on my phone or tablet, but if I disconnect from Wifi and try over cellular, it can refresh. I can still update through them once I get an updated list loaded, but this is a touch ridiculous. The website is just not usable on a mobile browser for updating lists.

This is my current gripe.

Still glad MAL Updater is at least working on my computer again, though.
Oct 30, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2010
I don't have any login issues anymore, but is the MAL so slow only for me lately? I thought it was problem with my Internet at first, but other sites are loading for me as fast as usually, so I don't know anymore...
Oct 30, 2013 5:00 PM

Aug 2007
I got prevent from the site by incapsule. ;__; Something about Code 5 protection and DDoS?

What? That's not like the bans I used to have... I reset my cookies and everything was back to normal. I mostly go to this site, and this site has weird adds recently, so something is wrong...
Nov 1, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2008
Hi ! Is anyone else having problems with uploading new background wallpapers for your lists ? I keep getting the following message :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Nov 1, 2013 9:06 AM
Oct 2013
Ty
Nov 1, 2013 10:04 AM

Jul 2012
Looking like i don't get logged out after 2-3 pages anymore but if i lose my internet connection i get logged out.*Sigh* any idea how to fix this?

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Nov 6, 2013 8:31 PM
Jun 2013
I am awaiting fixes
Nov 13, 2013 6:37 PM

Mar 2012
So that's why I wasn't logged anymore.. thanks for the details.
Nov 15, 2013 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
My friend keep getting "clear your cookies error " and can't login at all.

He tried it on 4 different pc with different browsers and also cleared caches/history/cookies but didn't work.

Any solution ?
Nov 16, 2013 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
hellbringer said:

He tried it on 4 different pc with different browsers and also cleared caches/history/cookies but didn't work.

Any solution ?

Well was in the IRC Channel the other day and seems like it might be a problem within NZ at least from what I have read and I don't know if there is any fixes in the works, I've had problems for around 2 weeks now and I'm having to login via Proxy to use MAL which is a pain :(
Nov 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
hellbringer said:

Any solution ?

Hi, usually what I do is clear the cookies and try to log in from a different page every time. Instead of logging in from where they notify me of the error, I wander around MAL's site for a bit and then click the log in tab to try again. Usually works. It's really weird.
Thanks to mikan-icon for the awesome one piece icon :)
Nov 21, 2013 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
Any plans on doing something with some of those ads that either resize themselves for no apparent reason, along with those side bar ads that randomly show up?

I only ask becuase they either get in the way of what I want to do, or they end up making me open up a link to whatever they are advertising. That one is the ones where they have a close button up top, but if you don't close that you end up opening a new page to whatever the ad is about.

So I was wondering if you sometimes check on what kind of ads are... well okay to have around here to where they don't make you feel like you got malware of sorts latched to your pc or something like that.
Dec 3, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2009
Is it possible to not be logged out each time my IP is changed? I get new IP at least every 24 hours or more often, so it's a little bit not comfortable
Dec 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Jan 2012
Kid-Wolf said:
Any plans on doing something with some of those ads that either resize themselves for no apparent reason, along with those side bar ads that randomly show up?

I only ask becuase they either get in the way of what I want to do, or they end up making me open up a link to whatever they are advertising. That one is the ones where they have a close button up top, but if you don't close that you end up opening a new page to whatever the ad is about.

So I was wondering if you sometimes check on what kind of ads are... well okay to have around here to where they don't make you feel like you got malware of sorts latched to your pc or something like that.

https://adblockplus.org
Dec 5, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
The site keeps logging me off every minute or so. I cant even post without reloging. Its really frustrating, and to be honest if you cant fix it ill just stick to lurking or not bothering with it at all anymore. Just lost another post that didn't go trough in time.
Dec 25, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2013
Why not put the error in a div so we can hide it?
Dec 27, 2013 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
Got trouble with the cookies, it took me a while to log in.

Browser: Firefox, Country: Greece
Dec 30, 2013 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
I just recently started getting cookie troubles. I always get it on my iPhone 4S, but I don't access MAL that much on my phone, so I tend not to worry about it. However, to give more detail to see if this helps at all:

I live in Colorado, USA. I have a laptop, and a desktop computer. My desktop computer is heavy and large so it stays with me at my house. I use Google Chrome on both computers, but it has never logged me off on my desktop. I brought my laptop up to my mountain house with me, but MAL seems to log me off here within 5 minutes of me logging in (sometimes less). The internet in my mountain house is not nearly as good as the internet at my normal house. I haven't tried accessing my MAL with my laptop in my normal house because my desktop is there, but I could try once I get there (currently in the mountains).
Jan 3, 2014 3:32 AM

Nov 2013
Sick of waiting for devs. -_-

Mod edit: spoiler tagged code block which broke the layout
koleareJan 3, 2014 6:01 AM
Jan 4, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
I get this error all the time and have been getting it for months. If it's not fixed by now, it probably honestly won't be fixed ever.
Jan 7, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2009
30 minutes ago, this happened to me.. http://oi41.tinypic.com/14ngufm.jpg
I didn't type anything because I got scared that maybe it's the hacker doing it again -.- or it's some kind of virus.. i really thought i'm the only one who experienced this one..
I never thought that this kind of problem existed last year.. *sigh* now I'm a little bit relaxed :D Also, I was able to log in again without "Incapsula" showing up..
Jan 16, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 2007
I can't log in at all from my main browser (Opera).

This is very very annoying and has been going on for months (with vanilla login issues for well over a year, if not two). When will you fix your damn site, MAL?
Jan 17, 2014 10:00 AM

Sep 2011
I got this "Incapsula" page too, and 5 times in row.
Jan 19, 2014 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
Having this problem again, last time this happened was like 3 months ago.

Browser: Chrome, Country: New Zealand
Jan 19, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
sim0n2170 said:
Having this problem again, last time this happened was like 3 months ago.

Browser: Chrome, Country: New Zealand

Also in NZ having problems with Login also, hopefully won't turn into what happened last time with almost a month if not longer of not being able to login at all :(

So far I can normally get in every few hours at least.
Jan 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Oct 2008
From Singapore, using Firefox. Been having login problems for awhile now. It seems that the site/server automatically logs me out after moving to another page on the site, necessitating a re-login.

It's rather annoying, having to log in multiple times just to edit my list or post a comment.
Jan 26, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2009
I'm sorry, but this problem with login is starting to annoy me .. and this bar with advertising too... this has months... and this bar bother me when I try to reply to topics.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jan 26, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
I'm also having problems, I'm getting the same picture from above but with a slightly different message, saying that the owner has denied access for me, with an error code 14, if I'm not mistaken.

*I'm getting the message randomly, right now I've been lucky lol
TheEyemanJan 26, 2014 7:21 PM
Jan 26, 2014 11:11 PM

Oct 2009
mixordia, ElGreed, just use adblock already...
Jan 30, 2014 12:46 AM
May 2013
If Any of you guys have Addon's for your browser , relating to : Privacy, Cookies, Tracking, Security OR In something in between. MAKE sure that My anime list is put on the WHITE LIST (there should be some option that excludes My anime list from the addon)

Second: If you never want to see Ad's again get ADBLOCKER its a FREE add on that gets rid of all ad's for good. However remember, by doing this My anime list gets less money and gets less supported. This is because companies pay My anime list to put ads on this website for us to view them.
Feb 5, 2014 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
I got problem with loggin in as well. Every time I close my browser I'd be logged out, so I tried to clear the cookies in my browser, and restarted my browser, as suggested.
But it didn't fix my problem at all, it even increased the problem.. Now every time I try to go to other page, or click on anything, I'd be logged out and get a message saying "Error: You must first login to see this page." And whenever I try to log back in, I have to do it multiple times, it's quite annoying..
Is there any way to fix this problem?
My browser is Firefox, and I'm from Indonesia
Feb 14, 2014 9:03 PM

Sep 2009
EXCUSE ME!! Can someone please tell me why my account was banned last night? I was reaaaaaaaaally shocked! >:/

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/RHLwvXY.png
Feb 14, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
Zel_Ezl said:
EXCUSE ME!! Can someone please tell me why my account was banned last night? I was reaaaaaaaaally shocked! >:/

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/RHLwvXY.png

it maybe an IP Range banned, some user that has thesame IP range as you was banned so you are affected whenever you got that IP Range

i got that sometimes too and the solution is to turn off my router for 2-10 minutes then turn it on again so that it will get a new IP Address
Feb 17, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2011
Ok, now I am finally able to log in, haven't been able to do so for the past few days. The "Sorry! We've had a problem keeping you logged in.
Please clear your cookies, close your browser, and try again to log in. Thanks." message just keep repeating itself whenever I click log in. I have tried clearing cookies, passwords and delete all add ons relating to the site but had no luck. Just want to let you guys know this problem hasn't been fixed.

Browser: Chrome Country: New Zealand

PS: I am always a lurker but this annoying issue got the best of me and here is my first post.
Feb 18, 2014 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
sim0n2170 said:

DarkSynopsis said:
Also in NZ having problems with Login

ObakeOnna said:

This topic may help you
SerhiykoFeb 18, 2014 5:02 AM
Feb 18, 2014 9:29 PM

Jul 2011
Serhiyko said:
sim0n2170 said:

DarkSynopsis said:
Also in NZ having problems with Login

ObakeOnna said:

This topic may help you

I have tried it but the log in issue is still there, it happens less frequently though. It could be problem on my end. Thanks for your help anyway.
Feb 21, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2012
Serhiyko said:
This topic may help you

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I've been using a different proxy so far just to update my list which is a pain >.< it sucks when you want to be a part of community on a site and it refuses to let you login.

Wish I could just find some free proxy plugin for Firefox that would only run a proxy when accessing MAL, I have no need to be behind a proxy for anything else.

Main problem I found with the program I was using before is I still could not login via "MAL Updater" which I love to have running when I decide to marathon anime, seems this Hotspot Shield will let me.
Feb 24, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
Please MAL do something about it... That's so much annoying. We've been bearing this for more than 6 months, even more I don't exactly remember when it started. Now it must stop.
MentaliiMar 11, 2014 9:42 AM
Feb 25, 2014 5:32 AM

Oct 2009
DarkSynopsis said:
Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I've been using a different proxy so far just to update my list which is a pain >.< it sucks when you want to be a part of community on a site and it refuses to let you login.

Some people tell that unchecking "Stay logged in?" may help
Feb 26, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know, but I keep getting problems with MAL logging me out every time my internet goes off (well not all the time, because sometimes it'll just log me out randomly) I always have "Keep me logged in" checked, but sometimes it still logs me out, even when I'm about to post a comment, it's pretty annoying. Clearing cookies does not help either. I don't think it would be my internet, because all other sites keep me logged in regardless. It's only this site that does it.
Feb 26, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
Kirishiro-chan said:
I don't know, but I keep getting problems with MAL logging me out every time my internet goes off (well not all the time, because sometimes it'll just log me out randomly) I always have "Keep me logged in" checked, but sometimes it still logs me out, even when I'm about to post a comment, it's pretty annoying. Clearing cookies does not help either. I don't think it would be my internet, because all other sites keep me logged in regardless. It's only this site that does it.

Because other sites don't keep you logged in based on your IP, whereas this site does
Feb 26, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
Serhiyko said:
Kirishiro-chan said:

Because other sites don't keep you logged in based on your IP, whereas this site does
So if my internet goes off, it's going to log me out every time regardless? This is really a pain in the ass, and I have slow internet too. I live in a secluded area (basically the middle of no where) so it's gonna be slow regardless what internet I have. But I do wish there was a way to fix this logout crap. It's annoying especially when commenting on another topic.
Feb 26, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
Kirishiro-chan said:
So if my internet goes off, it's going to log me out every time regardless?

If you get new IP every time, yes

Kirishiro-chan said:
This is really a pain in the ass

I agree, I have the same issue as you
Mar 9, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
Well from what I've been reading here if I assign a static IP to my laptop I wouldn't have the log in issue? Is this regardless where my ISP is from?

Btw I'm from Peru.

Anyway, I'm gonna try it and let you know tomorrow if it worked. I hope so.
Mar 10, 2014 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
edup_2004 said:
Well from what I've been reading here if I assign a static IP to my laptop I wouldn't have the log in issue? Is this regardless where my ISP is from?

We are talking about the IP you get from your ISP, not your local IP you may have. But some people have log in issues regardless, e.g. a lot of users from New Zealand. The only solution in such cases that I know of is a proxy
Mar 11, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2013
Oh ok i get it.

Bummer... well I guess I'll just have to log in tons of times.

Is there any chance this could be fixed in the future or I necessary need to use a proxy?
Mar 11, 2014 4:04 AM

Oct 2009
edup_2004 said:
Bummer... well I guess I'll just have to log in tons of times.

You know you can just remember your password, right?

edup_2004 said:
Is there any chance this could be fixed in the future

Yes, there is. It's somewhere next to zero
Mar 11, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2013
The password isn't a problem. The problem is that while posting stuff i get log off and is a pain in the ass re logging every 10-20 min. Although some times it last hours.

But I guess I'm gonna have to live with that since I don't plan to acquire a static IP and I'm not gonna use a proxy only for this issue.
Mar 11, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2009
You can use a separate browser with proxy specifically for MAL, although finding one that lasts for long may be a problem
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

151 by kelpforest »»
6 hours ago

» [Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Apr 6, 2022

206 by knktzvra »»
Jun 23, 11:11 PM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

249 by MonEspritLibre »»
Jun 21, 11:45 PM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

110 by ZXZXZXZXZXZXZX »»
Jun 14, 7:19 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

122 by Vaturna »»
Jun 10, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.