Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2010 8:41 PM

Dec 2009
Amazing!
6/5
I love both the songs *.*
And I like the animation a lot!

EDIT: K-ON FOREVER!!! AGREED!
Sep 1, 2010 7:41 AM

Jun 2010
akuma2002 said:
NOOOOOOO!!! I don't want K-on to end! They must continue their group when they'll be at university! K-ON FOREVER !!!

Yeah K-On!4ever! Ho-Kago Tea Time 4ever!!
Sep 1, 2010 12:11 PM

Jun 2010
This actually felt like a season ending episode, kinda nostalgic.
Sep 1, 2010 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Hands down, probably the best ep of the season.

It makes me sad that K-ON is going to end in a few weeks. This ep really should have been the season finale.
Sep 2, 2010 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
i almost cried.

I also realized that K-On!! is going to end soon... >.<
Sep 3, 2010 7:38 AM

Sep 2008
nextday said:
Live long and prosper.

Lol, didn´t notice this. Stream sucked
entauri.deviantart.com

Sep 4, 2010 10:28 AM

May 2009
Holy shit.

I will so remember this episode as some of the best slice of life I've seen. I'm sure alot of us can relate to how the girls felt, when something good ends but it takes a wile to sink in. If k-on ended with this ep, I'd be satisfied
Sep 4, 2010 11:17 AM

Jun 2009
This episode is pretty good ^_^

When they sit in their clubroom realizing that that is their last cultural festival performance together was just... ^_^

Azusa is the tough cookie in the group, I think she's the type that try to hide her tears from others (With the exception of when she first joined K-On! club). ^_^ She'll surely miss them when they're gone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2010 7:47 PM
Jul 2009

Best singing face from yui i've ever seen
Sep 7, 2010 2:38 AM

Jun 2008
Am i the only one who thinks Yui has a bad voice and they better let Mio do the singing? Her voice isn't good, she's annoyingly high tone and most of her songs are bad too.
I also disliked how they kept talking than singing. Yui should become a stand up comedian if she likes spending the time talking.
In the end "We are out of time so this is our last song".- Yeah no shit you are out of time. You sat there telling them the story of your life.

Anyway mediocre episode.
Sep 8, 2010 3:48 PM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
Am i the only one who thinks Yui has a bad voice and they better let Mio do the singing? Her voice isn't good, she's annoyingly high tone and most of her songs are bad too.

That... I half agree.

I agree that Mio got better singing voice, but I don't think Yui's voice is all that bad. There's a cute charm in it, like a kid singing... or something.

Yui's voice represent the name "After School Tea-Time" slightly better than Mio's voice IMO. But again, I largely prefer Mio's singing voice over Yui's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2010 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
AirStyles said:
Monad said:

That... I half agree.

I agree that Mio got better singing voice, but I don't think Yui's voice is all that bad. There's a cute charm in it, like a kid singing... or something.

Yui's voice represent the name "After School Tea-Time" slightly better than Mio's voice IMO. But again, I largely prefer Mio's singing voice over Yui's.

Mio's voice is really good,,.
But Yui's voice is kinda cute and all her songs easy listening and cheerful. the opposite from that, Mio's songs kinda gloomy and cool...
when Mio sang in front of her fans with a cute song,,that was kinda gross to me,,didn't fit her voice image...
IZUMI64Sep 8, 2010 4:07 PM
Sep 12, 2010 1:04 AM
Sep 2010
Baka_Inu said:
Mio's Lycopene hmmm.....

I found often "Lycopene" in some comments.

By right, Ritsu says "Dekopin" always.

Deko = the forehead. Deko or Odeko in Japanese.
Pin = the onomatopoeia of flicking behavior in Japanese.

"Dekopin" is one of the famous penalty games in Japan.

See the following movie in detail. w
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RJ6kUIfgo

Oh...

Ritsu with a prominent forehead clowns around by saying "Dekopin" herself.
So Mio is bursting with laughter always.
ililllSep 12, 2010 2:15 AM
Sep 13, 2010 8:24 AM

May 2008
What the hell making me cry like that???
I loved this episode~
Sep 13, 2010 11:34 AM

Jun 2009
Best episode from K-ON!! ever. No question.

I'm really happy that they finally did another live, music was one of the things that made me love K-ON! after all; U & I was a pretty touching song. Despite the long talking between songs, it didn't lose its charm, I don't think anyone wouldn't rant at least a little in moments like that.

And the last scene at club, it made me cry, it seriously did. I felt my heart squeeze at that moment. It's always difficult to accept that things aren't everlasting, even though one would like they were.

Only now I'm realizing I don't want K-ON!! to end; I'll miss it a lot when it does.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 16, 2010 10:08 PM
Dec 2009
Love the concert and gohan ftw ahahah.

Sep 18, 2010 9:58 PM

Aug 2010
U & I was a nice song. The live performance somehow made you feel like you were there, good job on that also. Can't believe they went with Yui's song about rice after all.
Sep 22, 2010 3:29 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome, 10/5.
Sep 23, 2010 2:32 AM

Jan 2009
I'M CRYING MANLY TEARS DAMMIT!!!! T____________T

Love "U&I"
Sep 29, 2010 7:50 PM

Jul 2008
AirStyles said:
This episode is pretty good ^_^

When they sit in their clubroom realizing that that is their last cultural festival performance together was just... ^_^

Azusa is the tough cookie in the group, I think she's the type that try to hide her tears from others (With the exception of when she first joined K-On! club). ^_^ She'll surely miss them when they're gone.

I disagree. I don't think it's a matter of Azusa being strong, more of her being a junior. I remember feeling like that last year as I saw my upperclassmen graduate and I was wondering why these guys were all crying after leaving this place. I finally came to realize that I didn't enjoy high school my past three years because I didn't try to. I think the message K-On! was trying to convey was your prime years are what you make of them. I might be giving this show too much credit, but I really hope those KyoAni dudes had something like this in mind.

Cute as hell episode. I teared up a bit in the ending because in about eight or so months, I'm going to be like them. Say what you will of the past 19 episodes of K-ON! and how nothing happened, but these girls became real in that last scene. THAT is how people react. You start bringing up your old inside jokes, your memories and then one person just breaks down. Then the next, then the next until one person is left and then you guys just come to the conclusion that there's more to your future.
Oct 10, 2010 11:11 AM

Sep 2009
Loved this episode!Almoust cried when i thinked that they will end school soon.I have not that much to end too xD
Oct 16, 2010 4:57 PM

Apr 2007
I was just waiting for them to realize this was their final school festival and then... ;____;
Oct 21, 2010 6:36 AM

Nov 2009
NO i dont want them to graduate ='( it made me cry do *sob*!!! that was a GREAT performance!!! i love how Yui was like Oh and I was a tree!!! haha omg Sawa is so cool!!! it was so nce of her 2 do that!!! to bad they were all asleep and couldnt praise Sawa lol Ui ws so cute lol she was all like' "She saw me!" hehe... and it must have been Awkward when Yui was like' "After School Tea Time is always... After School!" "???. . ." bwahaha poor Yui!!! i love hearing all there songs!!! there so good =D anyway it was all wonderful!!! awesome epi!!!
Nov 1, 2010 6:51 PM

May 2010
aww, why does the band have to break up?! i felt so bad in the end but the ep was awesome. i loved the songs and i'd love to have those shirts ^^
Nov 15, 2010 4:52 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my GOSSSSSH! T_T Such a touching episode... And it had music as well! Oh my my.... It was an awesome episode guys! Haters are gonna be always haters so just ignore them... Thiis damned episode reminded me of the good old days... The Middle and the High School days, and so how things will be like when I graduate from College too! You just enjoy seeing what those bunch of moeblobs do, you laugh at their stupidity and get bored at what they do sometimes, but seriously this' how's life!!! You have good times and bad times with your friends and partners, you have particular experiences with each of them and also you have your fights.... But you always remember the good times... and when you realise that such times are coming into an end you really break up like them. In my case I'd be like Azusa 'cause I dun usually cry in public, but when I'm alone or something really makes me feel nostalgic and sad I simply cry there... I cry MANLY TEARS :( Don't worry guys! Let's join hands and cry our manly tears out! (Okay that was gay... nvm ^^;)

Had lotsof awesome moments... Oh Sawa-chan! thank you thank you! YOu're so cute and you made the live an unforgetable moment! Tho they were plain t-shirts, seeing somethin so widespread really has to touch your heart.... The shirts were ugly as hell, you could have made soemthing more stylish but it's okay since Sawa did them all by herself :p You really grabbed the spot as the Most Popular Teacher of the school :P

The Live... the Performance... Well the songs were awesome! Gohan no Okuzu or whatever was it's name was dumb, but it's addictive and had awesome arrangements and the voice and the lyrics just totally fitted Yui! Seriously she couldn't sing a better song for her! That's totally her song! And they played Fuwa Fuwa Time again! Not fair! At least we didn't hear it fully... But everything went downhill for me when they started to play U&I! Seriously... I remembered the first few lines of the lyrics and it just made me sappy and then when Yui sang the following lines, my eyes became seriously watered and the ending was just perfect... Well done KyoAni when it comes to performance...

But the performance also contained what I disliked the most from the entire episode... What's with the talk? Did we really needed it? Seriously I don't really think they needed it... yet the intros are okay since there's always first years here and there... and the Guests of course... Anyway Yui really went overboard with the talk... is just like she told everyone her lifestory there >> The comedy there was still great... and f course hearing all those "Kyaaa Kyaaa"l "Miooo" and "Do your best Yui" and "Onee-chan" were cute as Hell, yet they really overdid it xD Oh and also... where's my Sokabe-senpai? I never saw her!! =| I wanted to see her!

And the best for the last! Oh my such a touching scene.... I started feel bad when Azusa pointed out that it wasn't the end, that they still had the Christmas Live, but then someone said "Oh and the Freshman's Intro Presentation" and I just started tearing out hehehe... Yui's snorting and fluidy nose cracked me up (laughs) but everyone else reactions seriously made me feel bad.... Especially Mio's realization... She looked so miserable... So sad... dude she was curled up cryin for LIFES SAKE! That really made me cry, and Ritsu's were just pff you can't do nothing girl, and I seriously pitied Mugi 'cause I understood why she cried like that... Inside the Clubroom, besides all of them, she could do anything she wanted, discover lots of new things for her, experience them by her own self and not just seeing how anyone else do, she felt helpless for sure and seriously want to be together with them forever... just for the fun of living a happy full life T_T poor thing.... The last scene, everyone asleep holding hands with their instruments was really touching :(

Signs,
Green
Nov 23, 2010 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
masterpiece episode,i almost started crying along them heh ;(
6 episodes left...the anime's starting to become quality finally :),but still IMO the 1st season was better

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 27, 2010 8:54 AM

May 2010
Somehow again K-ON is making tears well up in my eyes. I never thoguht that would be possible.
Nov 29, 2010 10:18 AM

Feb 2010
God damn K-ON, why you gotta go and make me tear up like that.

Makes you realize how time flies. My 3 years of college have been zipping by, I miss high school. A slave to nostalgia.
Dec 26, 2010 9:48 PM

Dec 2010
haaaaaaaaaaa~
minna~~~

don't cry~~~

TT__________________________________TT
Jan 2, 2011 7:04 AM
Jul 2010
This one was the best episode ever
Jan 25, 2011 4:27 AM
Jan 2011
Extremely touching episode--manly tears WERE shed.
Feb 8, 2011 5:23 PM

Mar 2009
Ichi ,ni ,san, shi, GOHA~N! I wanted to see crying Azusa. Unfortunately they didn't show it. End of episode touched me.
Apr 15, 2011 3:40 AM

Oct 2010
;__________; ♥

Mugi was especially cute in this episode!

...and I was expecting to hear more music. Seriously, they talked to much during the LIVE. D|
[insert awesome signature here]
May 10, 2011 1:45 PM

Apr 2010
This episode is awesome! I love the first song, "the rice is a dish". So funny, I like how Mugi played the keyboard there. Man, the after show really made me cry. So sad. ToT
dimsumftw said:
Man, Mugi was so cute in this episode.

Yeah. Really CUTE! I wanna comfort her.
Jun 1, 2011 1:43 PM

May 2011
BAH, these last episodes bring back memories of HS. All of those "last things we do forever" moments.
Jun 18, 2011 2:07 AM
Jul 2010
I never thought K-On would ever make me cry. But this episode did it.

I also loved the songs, specially U&I. But that rice one was pretty good too, though in a completely different way - U&I was great to listen to and touching, Gohan wa Okazu was just plain ridiculous and hilarious. I also loved listening to the ED even more this time, due to the meaning of the lyrics totally fitting the theme of the episode.
Aug 20, 2011 7:05 AM

Aug 2008
The rice song is ... atrocious. I like the second song though.
Oct 26, 2011 10:20 PM
Apr 2009
Am finally catching up on this series. I don't normally post here, but this episode was so fantastic, I couldn't help but look for an outlet to gush a little. I'd be lying if I said there weren't a few years running down my cheek.

Wow.
Nov 3, 2011 3:23 AM

Jul 2010
Ah yeah I remember this episode. I never thought K-ON! would have an ending this touching but then when I watched this, I basically just shed manly tears.

Nov 24, 2011 10:27 AM
Nov 2011
I can't fucking believe K-ON made me cry. I wish I had those kind of HS memories to remember, too. >_<
Satisfaction is death.
Dec 24, 2011 6:53 AM

Aug 2011
A great episode, the songs were amazing and the ending was very sad.
Dec 26, 2011 9:04 AM

Jun 2011
I actually cried at the end, lol, so sad that the anime is ending for me.
K-On! really makes me happy.
Feb 25, 2012 5:14 PM
Nov 2011
Can't believe K-On!! brought me to tears. I almost never cry in anime too! It took me a little while to realize this, but I love how U & I spells Ui (her sister's name) and it also means "You and I", showing how they are so close:]
Mar 16, 2012 9:00 PM

Feb 2012
I love U&I! Great to hear another song written by Mugi!
Mar 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
Hakuromatsu said:

You mean U&I? It's written by Yui

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Mar 16, 2012 10:20 PM

Feb 2012
Innoxious said:
Hakuromatsu said:

I know Yui did the lyrics, but didn't Mugi compose the actual song?
Mar 16, 2012 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Innoxious said:
Hakuromatsu said:

I know Yui did the lyrics, but didn't Mugi compose the actual song?

Oh not sure about the composer, I don't remember they specifically mentioned who composed the songs in the anime. I thought they only mentioned who wrote the lyrics for all the songs.

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Mar 16, 2012 10:50 PM

Feb 2012
Yui wrote the lyrics for U&I back in episode 17 (the one where they lose use of the clubroom and Ui gets sick), after all five of them presented lyrics for that same song, which Ritsu said Mugi wrote. I think that's also the same song Mugi mentioned writing in an earlier episode.
Mar 31, 2012 5:45 AM

Oct 2011
worst episode. i was waiting for it to end. didn't like it at all.
Apr 25, 2012 4:18 AM

Feb 2011
The reality of their situation is (or was, depending on how pessimistic you are) starting to kick in. And as they were denying their future (whilst crying) I too cried manly tears for them. Such a bittersweet moment. Well, I am off. Going to cry some more.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

phalange - Sep 14, 2010

351 by vricebowl »»
Sep 11, 3:34 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Aug 24, 2010

149 by vricebowl »»
Aug 29, 2:34 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Sep 28, 2010

239 by Onslight »»
Aug 27, 12:18 PM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2010

135 by metaverage53113 »»
Aug 10, 1:40 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 29, 2010

173 by nirererin »»
Jul 28, 9:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.