Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 28, 2014 4:58 AM
May 2009
komic said:
this was my favourite of the season.......and then episode 11 happened.

So true.
Nov 24, 2015 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
Facepalm so hard during the last 4 episodes, starting with their random london(?) trip.. Thought the first 5 or so episodes were pretty good (contrary to what I thought when I dropped it years ago at ep. 2), but then as it gets more plot focused, it seems to get worse every time. Moyoyon is a huge disappointment to be honest, as the other characters and the random attempt at romance. It also tries to push in some fanservices which isn't a bad thing as it didn't really obstruct the serious moments.

All in all, started well then gone downhill. The Hotaru episodes were also really cringe-worthy, she just randomly started to accept Cecil after she had shown to have a dark past as well which make Hotaru able to sympathize with her. Her random crush on her college tutor was also wtf. Shame, the show had potential.

The trial was also handled pretty poor, inb4 someone come and say that the show is not about the trial, which was true for other episodes, but not this.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 21, 2016 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
gr8 another ending with more Qs than As
Feb 28, 2016 1:00 PM
Feb 2016
Based on the ending, I'd say they plan for a second season, but based on these comments i doubt its gonna happen..but hey you never know. Overall the anime was alright, it was kinda interesting, but they could have done a lot more (hint second season). I'll give it a 7/10 maybe a 7.5.
May 1, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2015
Ok, lets start saying that this is my 1st message in forums, and that's because i was trying to stay away from useless discussion, BUT considering all the comments (except one or two) i can't look aside AGAIN.

I won't start talking about an anime that if u wanna discuss it is because u saw it and end it.
U all seems to be critics, in the time I've been reading this an other posts I've never saw a constructive critics except a few that i can count with one hand. Being said that lets talk about this serie shall we?

The animation was quite well, i didn't saw the ep 11 awful mistake u all talk, either was fixed in BD or i didn't pay much attention to that because in any moment i felt anything was wrong.

The OP is catchy a little and the ED was nice too but meh.

The magic was quite great since they didn't start copying others magic circles, i would still add something like a rune to the ring but was enough for me.

The court cases, where at first interesting and at the end well they did screw things up with the defendant prosecuting and the prosecutor defending, but for me at least was enjoyable feel fresh to see a magical anime with serious tones like a court and that for a change worth the time i spend watching it.

The supporters have different personalities, a bit cliché and stereotypical but still different each other, for me the best was Moyoyon because her side way personality give an interesting touch. At first looks like some yuri relation she was trying to have with our MC but at the half way/end it solves that she was interested not in Cecil per se instead in her soul (more lucifer's kind of love lol), in the scene where makusu make the invocation ritual and lucifer is inside Cecil's body and manifest they spoke each other and lucifer say that the power is for cecil because her soul is the most interesting and pure thing ever saw.
In a side opinion also feel like they need a bit more background for support, but i think the idea is explain that further in the story, this is just an introductory ARC and is obviously understanding since none of the primary thing were solved, makusu crime, Cecil's mother still in jail, moyoyon/lucifer fight with cecil for her soul when she awake ALL her powers.

The plot itself is interesting and i would really like to know how it all work out at the end, is obvious that they won't end the plot in one single season duh.

For those who keep saying the plot is all messed up is because this anime was think it for be more then just one season so eventually all the doubts should be cleared in next season (if for some miracle they try to give a second chance to it). Why the court cases where simples and no more complex like a real court is basically simple, is because this anime is not entirely for childs is more like for adults, but still needed to be watchable for the youngest age therefore can't be too difficult to understand otherwise they would be loosing a large portion of viewers (kids) and more important the ones that ask their parents to buy merchandising.

Final evaluation

Art - 9/10 (some minor fixes need to be done if they decide make a second season, CGI wasn't that bad but either that good)
Music - 8/10 (OP like it more then ED but still enyojable)
Plot - 8/10 (i think they could make it a lot complex but again i get why they didn't do it)
Characters - 8/10 (support need more background, maybe they were going to do it later, but for now is what i think)

Final score - 8.5/10 but i give it a total 10 since is a new concept and feel fresh for me.

Waiting for a second season at least and an epic fight between Moyoyo aka Lucifer & Cecil
OtakuCordobezMay 1, 2016 4:53 PM
Jan 22, 2017 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
-finally finished this series, after 3 years. & that ending was meh to me but I got to score a good pic of mooyo Chan đź‘…đź‘…

Feb 21, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
First and foremost I really enjoyed this series. The concept of the Wizards in this world and the action it served up was very cool. I loved the setting and alot of the characters. The animation was great and Umetsu's designs are always awesome.

Though I will admit after getting to the end of this series in alittle under 48 hours I'm left slightly disappointed. The ending is just insanely rushed, everything just happens so quick in this final episode and given we've spent 11 episodes building up alot of this stuff I think the show overall just wasn't paced quite as well as it could have been. Definitely smells of a double cour idea crammed into a single cour. The lucifer girl stuff wasn't really explained very well and we never even got to see the mother being freed.

I really don't quite get how this show got such low average scores on MAL/AP. The only major flaw in this show (the others aren't things I haven't overlooked in many other shows so...) that grated me throughout was the naivety of the court judges in the trials. You just had to basically say to these guys that 'It wasn't me your honour, pinky swear' and you get the impression you'd be let off. The police also seemed always so willing to just pin the blame on a Wud rather than actually try to discover the truth. This isn't so bad in terms of story possibilities and themes, I mean systemic racism in police forces is hardly a far out there concept unfortunately. But they never really got under the skin of that issue. There was alot of introduced but mostly unexplored themes in the show. I suppose that is pretty damning in many ways.

But while the ending was as I say slightly disappointing and other things I mentioned unfortunate I still can't deny just how much I enjoyed this show. It's a rough diamond in many ways, a show with bags of potential that doesn't quite achieve greatness. But it was still really good and I'm happy to overlook those flaws. Definitely a series I would have loved more of and will return to in the future.
BlaizeVFeb 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Jan 19, 2020 10:15 AM
Mar 2017
this felt completely empty. the whole show. can't believe i wasted my time on this. I'm a huge fan of "a kite", so I was curious going into this, seeing how the director would work out a tv series. but holy shit, this was horrible!

I'm not particularly an action series guy, but I have to say some of the animation during action scenes was pretty dope. that's all I can sing praises for, though. absolutely everything else was awful.

3/10
Feb 26, 2020 9:43 AM
Jan 2017
This was a great show.
my only real complaints are:
1. The pig familiar was just gross even more so then teh pervy frog
2. this anime was good but I feel it coulda used another episode or two to atleast wrap up the mother being freed.
3. and ofcourse that giant middle finger at the very end when Momoyo was cut off in revealing whatshe was.
still, I liked teh whole real cops dealing w/ wizards in a mooostly non-magic way hence why I still give this anime a 9/10 maaaybe and 8/10. because lacklsuter ending aside it was still good up to then.
Sep 2, 2021 9:04 PM
Mar 2021
Season 2 please....
Sep 2, 2021 9:10 PM
Mar 2021
too hanging I hope there is a continuation season
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

May 2009
Now this was certainly quite the role reversal! The prosecutor defending the suspect and the defense charging the suspect.

I was curious how the show would spend its last episode, given how the big fight was resolved in episode 11.

It pulled off an ending that basically only a show about lawyers could pull off. It suddenly made me remember the great times I had watching and sorting through the complex mind games I enjoyed so much when watching Law & Order.

While this show lacks the level of depth that L&O had (not to mention that this legal system is kinda nutty in the first place), I'm actually decently surprised, in a pleasant way, because this show actually did give me a taste of "anime Law & Order" that I've been wanting for years.

babymilo91 said:
The trial was good. That guy got what he deserved. Still want to know who Moyo really is. Maybe another season will do to answer these questions.
Pretty sure

To the point where I found myself remarking afterwards that
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

97 by Talamare »»
May 30, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.