Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2014 8:28 AM

Jan 2011
@soundscape

man stop feed trolls

last weeks HxH rate where 8.86 and now 8.87
no need for "defend"
u cant change their minds , just can't accept the fact that this anime has highest Score of their Favorite anime

all they can do is go over mal and start flame,crying,trolling
You're just giving them more attention than they deserve
Mar 2, 2014 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
It's an interesting show because it's an arc based shounen that doesn't rely on the same formula to tell each story.

tsudecimo said:
marian11 said:
Because its the very best shounen out there atm. No shitty power ups, characters are awesome, villains are awesome, the plot is addictive, the soundtrack is good and fits the anime and the fights, oh the fights. These are probably one of the smartest fights I've ever watched in anime. No mindless fighting. Everything is pure strategy and everyone use their heads, unlike in most shounen nowadays.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3855143424/h82306795/

well, at least he's right most of the time
Mar 2, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
gedata said:

tsudecimo said:
marian11 said:
Because its the very best shounen out there atm. No shitty power ups, characters are awesome, villains are awesome, the plot is addictive, the soundtrack is good and fits the anime and the fights, oh the fights. These are probably one of the smartest fights I've ever watched in anime. No mindless fighting. Everything is pure strategy and everyone use their heads, unlike in most shounen nowadays.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3855143424/h82306795/

well, at least he's right most of the time

Yeah, although I didn't take special notice of the soundtracks or remember them. I will be checking the favorite OSTs on that thread since I'm looking for a nice OST.
Mar 2, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
dark-chaos said:
@soundscape

man stop feed trolls

last weeks HxH rate where 8.86 and now 8.87
no need for "defend"
u cant change their minds , just can't accept the fact that this anime has highest Score of their Favorite anime

all they can do is go over mal and start flame,crying,trolling
You're just giving them more attention than they deserve

Yea ok but tsudecimo is hardly a troll.. Yea sometimes he gets carried away but most of the times he supports his claims with sound and logical arguements...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 2, 2014 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
It has a great plot and story aswell as characters who are level headed. Although it has great animation which gets a bit rushed in the beginning, the series always manages to stay consistent even as it gets better. There are no holy shit moments like in many legendary series like for example YYH, DBZ, OP but it is and continues to be a unique series that takes a bit different approach to the whole shonen genre while adding great story arcs with themes such as thriller, competition, mystery and so on in fitting locations for each one all while keeping the original adventure purpose of the series and giving a sense of continuity. I may have written more than you will care to read but I don't care if anyone reads or not. I can't hate a series for its authors lazy ass which is why HxH is my third top ongoing series atm.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 2, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2014
Guus, which moment in YYH did you think was 'holy shit' worthy? (Black Tournament and prior? If you don't mind
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2014 12:03 PM

Nov 2013
judals said:
Guus, which moment in YYH did you think was 'holy shit' worthy? (Black Tournament and prior? If you don't mind
Honestly the Dark Tournament were full of holy shit moments, it's without a doubt the best tournament arc ever in fiction imo, Dragon of the Darkness Flame, I remember being hyped af when I saw that and what made me surprised was that just prior to that Hiei seemingly came back from the dead after having gotten burned to nothing, just one thing from Dark Tournament. There is the Yusuke vs Toguro which had Toguro going 100%. I can name more but I'll have to refresh my memory as it's been almost 3 years since watching it fully, HxH lacks any shock value compared to greater series.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 2, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
Well can't say about toguro yet, but I can't say any shock value came from hiei, these types of reveals end up like this usually sonI' used to those

Imo gon vs gentry was holl of HS moments, maybe not concerned with who can pull out the wider range of arsenal or a big power, but at every turn it had a very HS-worthy moment, the way they set up the powers in a different pattern and:or without fighting like in CA, or how the show goes calmly around the set up and gives a figuratively explosive delivery, Breaking Bad style haha
It's a different kind of HS for sure, but to me a lot more rewarding and exciting

maybe my preferences are weird or i'm too used to seeing things like the fights in YYH.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:
People these days are so freaking lazy... All it takes is to read the top review for HxH and you'll have your answer. Wonder how people even select to watch something or not.

It's also cool cause his review is considered to be the "best" on MAL, so far anyway, it's what got me into watching the show :P
Mar 2, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Yea lol I know. It's actually a very good review and an objective one I would say. So it deserves to be "best"
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 3, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2012
Why should anyone convince you?Are you that brainless that you need other people to convince you to watch something?just check it out and see if you like it or not for yourself
Mar 3, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
renders said:
Why should anyone convince you?Are you that brainless that you need other people to convince you to watch something?just check it out and see if you like it or not for yourself
I think it's more of giving a legitimate reason for wanting to watch it and becoming motivated to check it out for that reason. For some series, just seeing an amv is enough to get you interested to watch it, doesn't mean the person is brainless, stop being a tightass.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 3, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
I command you to watch this awesome anime.

Mar 3, 2014 11:56 PM

Jan 2011
Locked. Discussion has become repetitive and an exhaustive list of reasons to watch this show has been presented.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2014

337 by dspr »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

267 by dspr »»
10 hours ago

» author of hunter x hunter reveals ending if he dies early

deg - Nov 20, 2023

25 by Feitan_exe »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 143 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2014

154 by dspr »»
Jun 23, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

881 by dspr »»
Jun 23, 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.