Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2015 8:58 AM
Aug 2014
Let's hold this meeting where I'm planning to kill representatives of a powerful organization known as Inferno in a room without bulletproof glass facing an empty building. That's some smart thinking there.
Jul 25, 2015 6:27 AM

May 2014
This is so intense! Up to now the only thing I dislike is Ein's hairstyle and the ED song.

Lorezhno said:
Let's hold this meeting where I'm planning to kill representatives of a powerful organization known as Inferno in a room without bulletproof glass facing an empty building. That's some smart thinking there.
Well, they did said that the sniper was too far so apparently they took the sniper situation into consideration. It's just that Ein was too OP for them.
Nov 1, 2015 11:48 PM

Sep 2011
I'm a terrible person, I was thinking "I hope that kid dies" the whole episode.

Hibiki07 said:
Lorezhno said:
Well, they did said that the sniper was too far so apparently they took the sniper situation into consideration. It's just that Ein was too OP for them.

They were careless nevertheless.
Jan 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Sep 2015
Well, I didn't expect Zwei would be able to kill that kid as well. Holy s#!t.
Jan 20, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
I actually didn't like this episode at all. It just had nothing of quality and instead relied solely on shock factor. After episode four I was hoping this series was getting better, but now I'm considering dropping it again.

Production values are clearly top notch, but plot and character wise I'v seen it all done before, and done better. The dark setting, the relationship between Ein and Zwei, the music,.. it all feels cliché, forced, and in your face. There's nothing subtle about it, nothing left for the viewer to discern or interpret.

Maybe I'll just watch episode 25-26 to see the ending everyone is going on about.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 16, 2016 3:52 AM

Mar 2012
How I'm I not surprised that he went through with the assassinations. The lack of willpower is mind boggling.

As for the sniping scene, why did they all just stand there like idiots instead of getting away from the window after the first guys got shot? Also, how the hell did Claudia escape if she was still stuck behind the brick wall in the same room as Tony and the other guy? Come on now >_>
Apr 3, 2016 4:09 PM
Jul 2014
Wow, that was brutal!!! For a moment I thought he'll spare the child...Obviously, there's nothing human left inside Zwei, I wonder how that will influence the relationship with Ein?!
Aug 8, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2008
When you can look a kid in the eye, shoot his mom and then shoot him, yeah you're officially gone.
Nov 25, 2016 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Zwei aiming at himself in the mirror...
Dec 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
This episode was phenomenal! I was on the edge of my seat trough the entire thing, now only the rest of them can keep this level of quality... but I doubt it.
Jul 4, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2015
Kill the baby! KILL HIM!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit..part me of wanted Zwei's human side to win in the end, but I guess this is the way it has to go. I hope Zwei can "come back" and not turn into a killing machine.
I feel sorry for the wife and child, it was Tony's fault they got killed. She warned him that his family was in danger but he refused to back down. What a moron..
The way Eva tried to grab her child's foot before she died was heart breaking. Eva was very beautiful as well. Such a shame..
Apr 20, 2018 12:54 AM

May 2016
Poor child that guy doesn't mess around when he gets those cold eyes.
Oct 25, 2018 12:17 PM

Dec 2017
Lylaaz said:
GoldenBRS said:

Tenth Really hated that Ms. McCunnen made Zwei to kill that child.
3/5

Eleventhed just for the luls.

It really gave a dark undertone to the series. It was a bad act, but actually made me like the series even more.

twelvthed 6 years later
Dec 30, 2018 7:32 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Seeing the child killed was sad, but I feel like it was for the better since the child would probably become a potential dangerous enemy when he grows up if he was spared.
Jul 17, 2019 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
This was the first time Zwei's eyes didn't return to normal after a kill. Please, let it be only temporary.
Sep 23, 2019 10:12 AM
Aug 2019
Megacchi said:
Ms. McCunnen = HOT.....nuff said
I still think she seduced Zwei.
Feb 21, 2020 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
Dunno what to think about this one. On one hand we got an effective albeit cheap thrill, but I dunno what's the point of turning Tony into a madman, there were probably better options for Inferno to get what they want.

I just hope the next episode is going to pick up where this one left off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2020 12:28 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I cannot think how long it's been since an anime shocked me to the core but that final scene SHOCKED ME TO THE CORE! I've seen a lot of "Melodramatic" anime, gorey anime, cute girls murdering each other, etc but this....THAT scene, and you all know which one I'm talking about, has....wow. I'm not going to even criticise their decision to do it, because I honestly expected him to catch her alive and raise her to be a killer. I really didn't expect him to kill her. So kudos for that rare "I didn't see that coming" moment in anime.
Jun 24, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
You could tell when Zwei locked eyes with the child at the amusement part that some part of him didnt like the prospect of what he was assigned to do. In the end though, after a slight pause, he ended up completing the deed. That whole scene with the haunting music and the moonlight drifting through the windows sent a shiver down my spine.

When Zwei returned to Claudia he looked completely empty inside, which i think is what the change in his eyes signifies. Its shows his mental shift or persona that he needs to take on in order to kill without remorse.
Mar 11, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2022
Zwei's eyes remaining with that two-toned look after killing the wife and her kid is probably going to have future implications. It was harsh to watch innocents being killed like that, but it's not like Inferno would let them get away with picking and choosing targets.

McCullen is like the female version of Scythe Master, in the sense that they're both perverts for their little pet assassins. Don't know how she survived this episode though. There was nothing stopping those gang members from pacing around the corner while firing, since they had them pincered on both sides and Ein didn't start shooting immediately.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2021
An intense episode. I didnt think Zwei would do it, but he did. He's one step closer to losing himself for good.

I kinda dislike that Claudia women for making him do it.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Backdraft (1991) reference ep. 19!

perennial_suit - Aug 23

2 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 24, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2009

160 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 24, 5:00 AM

» The Silver Pocket Watch (possible Noir reference?)

perennial_suit - Aug 22

3 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Aug 22, 11:54 PM

» I kinda miss this show.

JoestarEISH_020 - Jun 17

8 by Thecrot »»
Jul 3, 11:15 AM

» It could've been a true rival to "Monster"

Skep_Tech - Jun 24

10 by maleficviper »»
Jun 26, 9:54 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.