Forum Settings
Forums

New uploaded pictures not changing or switching back? (Profile picture, avatar, etc.)

New
Pages (37) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Fitch said:
What if I used all the formats and want to upload another pic? Will I have to wait?
Basically, though with png or jpg, you might not have to wait long. I believe removing your avatar for like a day and then keep on trying to upload one and it could go through. There are some people that change their avatars once a week.

Thanks a lot Introver Turtle,I didn't even take my time to look for that -_- greatly appreciated.

"I'll put an end to this antiquated system... And from it a new one will be..."-Sasuke Uchia
Jul 14, 2013 11:37 AM

Nov 2010
Izanami-Otaku said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Fitch said:
What if I used all the formats and want to upload another pic? Will I have to wait?
Basically, though with png or jpg, you might not have to wait long. I believe removing your avatar for like a day and then keep on trying to upload one and it could go through. There are some people that change their avatars once a week.

Thanks a lot Introver Turtle,I didn't even take my time to look for that -_- greatly appreciated.
No problem. Nice Ace avatar.
Jul 14, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Izanami-Otaku said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Fitch said:

No problem. Nice Ace avatar.

"I'll put an end to this antiquated system... And from it a new one will be..."-Sasuke Uchia
Jul 14, 2013 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
Hey, i'm not entirely sure with this so I will ask here even if it might be unnecessary (In this case I'm sorry):

The problem with updating of pictures etc are still current, arent they? If it's so they also regard the update these sig. with my latest anime updates, dont they?
If it's not a problem anymore...does annyone know why the sig with my current anime updates isn't updating (or is only updating at random times, might it be 5 hours after editing or a day)? :O

Thank you for ur help :D
Jul 14, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2010
AniRatings said:
Hey, i'm not entirely sure with this so I will ask here even if it might be unnecessary (In this case I'm sorry):

The problem with updating of pictures etc are still current, arent they? If it's so they also regard the update these sig. with my latest anime updates, dont they?
If it's not a problem anymore...does annyone know why the sig with my current anime updates isn't updating (or is only updating at random times, might it be 5 hours after editing or a day)? :O

Thank you for ur help :D
Yes well the avatar problem is still happening. But profile pics change within 5 minutes like said.

Well the site creator turned off the auto updating for the sigs. But you can still manually update it by going through the signature page and pressing update.
Jul 14, 2013 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
I can't change my avatar to anything anymore. I've used every possible file format, and whenever I try to change avatar, if I change the pic to a different file format it'll just change to another avatar I've already used in the past of the same file format. I can't put a new avatar.
Jul 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
I can't change my avatar to anything anymore. I've used every possible file format, and whenever I try to change avatar, if I change the pic to a different file format it'll just change to another avatar I've already used in the past of the same file format. I can't put a new avatar.
Then you're basically screwed. You shouldn't have changed them so fast.
Remove your avatar for a day or two, and then try uploading one. Ask Sophilia maybe, she changes hers like once a week.
You might have to live with Casshern for a little while.
Jul 15, 2013 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
I can't change my forum avatar to a different gif, it says that its successfully removed and updated. Might take 5 minutes to see it. But it just goes back to my current one, I even completely removed it first. Then uploaded a different one, still reverted to this one.

I tried uploading a png which worked straight away with 0 delay. But Gif just goes back to my old one, I don't think the new one even gets uploaded. Sig is normal.
Jul 17, 2013 6:25 AM

Jun 2013
I can't change my forum avatar what the hell. I've been waiting for 5 hours and NOTHING is happening.
Jul 25, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Same here - the avatar won't change, and I put some time b/w trying different avatars (basically, in the last 48 hours). I also couldn't change my avatar the last time, too, so the old one remained, and it's been around for a month.
I am sure I set it at 100x125//png.
Jul 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
can't change my profile pic at all...I go to delete it and it works fine but when I try to upload a new one it reverts to the old pic?
Jul 28, 2013 11:47 AM

Nov 2010
kaylawest206 said:
can't change my profile pic at all...I go to delete it and it works fine but when I try to upload a new one it reverts to the old pic?
Profile pic or avatar? And what is it supposed to be?

This one?

Or this one?

If it's supposed to be the top one then go to your profile and hold ctrl and press f5 a couple of times. If it's not supposed to be any of them then try changing the file extension between jpg, png, and gif.
Jul 30, 2013 10:56 PM
Jan 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

If it's supposed to be the top one then go to your profile and hold ctrl and press f5 a couple of times. If it's not supposed to be any of them then try changing the file extension between jpg, png, and gif.

Thank you for the tip. I was experiencing the same problem yesterday, but following your advice fixed it \(^o^)/!
Jul 30, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2010
Okakouta said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Thank you for the tip. I was experiencing the same problem yesterday, but following your advice fixed it (^o^)/!
No problem. Profile pics almost always change within the 5 minutes. It's just your computer hasn't reloaded the pics to see it yet.
Aug 7, 2013 7:36 AM

Apr 2007
I'm going crazy... I try to upload a new avatar pic for the forums, and it says change within 5 minutes okay... wait 5 minutes, go out, and go back in... still teh same pic as before... not only that i even removed the old avatar... went out, and went back in to settings, the avatar was removed... but then i refreshed, and the avatar was back there again o_O... i'm going crazy!!! i even emptied cache, etc... i don't know what else to do!! I've been trying to change my avatar for almost 3 days now!
Aug 7, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2010
xKiYoMiNaTiONx said:
I'm going crazy... I try to upload a new avatar pic for the forums, and it says change within 5 minutes okay... wait 5 minutes, go out, and go back in... still teh same pic as before... not only that i even removed the old avatar... went out, and went back in to settings, the avatar was removed... but then i refreshed, and the avatar was back there again o_O... i'm going crazy!!! i even emptied cache, etc... i don't know what else to do!! I've been trying to change my avatar for almost 3 days now!
Change the extension. There's jpg, png, and gif, change it to one the pic you're trying to upload isn't and it should go right away if you haven't used the extension in a while.
Aug 7, 2013 10:10 AM

Apr 2007
That worked! Thanks!
Aug 7, 2013 3:35 PM
Jul 2012
Sighs, every time I had this problem when I try to change mt avatar. Of course I try to change the extension to png or jpg that won't work. Using cookies also don't work. Closing and try it again' doesn't work. And, now I haven't tried gif or delete avatar will that work if I did that?
Aug 7, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2010
GoldenBRS said:
Sighs, every time I had this problem when I try to change mt avatar. Of course I try to change the extension to png or jpg that won't work. Using cookies also don't work. Closing and try it again' doesn't work. And, now I haven't tried gif or delete avatar will that work if I did that?
If you haven't used a gif in a while then yeah.
Aug 7, 2013 3:47 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:

Oh, why I did changed it before this pop up. Okay, after I changed it for the second time, it looks blurry should I stick with it, or it is some kind of way to make it good quality. And, does the other extensions work the same like in gif when I was didn't use it before.
Aug 7, 2013 3:50 PM

Nov 2010
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:

Oh, why I did changed it before this pop up. Okay, after I changed it for the second time, it looks blurry should I stick with it, or it is some kind of way to make it good quality. And, does the other extensions work the same like in gif when I was didn't use it before.
Well that's not blurry, that's dithering(IIRC), it happens when you use change ti to a low quality gif. You can't change it because now you won't be able to change it to another gif for a while. Yes you will be able to use the other extensions after a while, though a while could be like a couple of days, weeks, or even like a month.
It's best to check your picture's quality, size, etc before uploading it because it's hard to change it.
Aug 7, 2013 4:00 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:

Well that's not blurry, that's dithering(IIRC), it happens when you use change ti to a low quality gif. You can't change it because now you won't be able to change it to another gif for a while. Yes you will be able to use the other extensions after a while, though a while could be like a couple of days, weeks, or even like a month.
It's best to check your picture's quality, size, etc before uploading it because it's hard to change it.

Oh, guess I am not lucky what I see right now. Okay, next time I will check all that stuff.
Thanks for the new hint information.
Aug 7, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2010
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:

Oh, guess I am not lucky what I see right now. Okay, next time I will check all that stuff.
Well it doesn't look bad, if you do it to your sig too, it can be an effect.
No problem.
Aug 7, 2013 4:12 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:

No problem.

Yeah, you right it ain't that bad. You saying if I did the same what I did to the avatar in my sig that will be the huge effect?
Aug 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Nov 2010
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:
IntroverTurtle said:
GoldenBRS said:

No problem.

Yeah, you right it ain't that bad. You saying if I did the same what I did to the avatar in my sig that will be the huge effect?
Well I said that it would look like an effect. Like you did it on purpose. Like how some people make their pic look all staticy.
Aug 16, 2013 10:11 AM
May 2013
So I just uploaded my first avatar a few days ago, it was a gif file and now im not happy with it and want to swap it with a new gif file. Of course it doesn't work and just reverts back to my old gif file.

From reading this thread and the suggestions, I should swap my avatar to a different file type and then try gif again "after a while"

How long should I wait before I try swapping my avatar back to my new gif file?
Aug 16, 2013 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
Recon007 said:
So I just uploaded my first avatar a few days ago, it was a gif file and now im not happy with it and want to swap it with a new gif file. Of course it doesn't work and just reverts back to my old gif file.

From reading this thread and the suggestions, I should swap my avatar to a different file type and then try gif again "after a while"

How long should I wait before I try swapping my avatar back to my new gif file?
It depends. Could be a couple of days, could be a couple of weeks. It might be best for you to find a png or jpg that you like a lot, that wouldn't mind using it for a while. Either that or you could just remove your avatar for a while.
Aug 20, 2013 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Hey, whenever I try uploading a new profile picture, it just reverts back to my old one, which I don't want. When I removed my old profile picture to the "N/A Profile Picture," I uploaded a new one but it still reverted back to my old picture! I waited for like 4 days now, tried emptying my cache, refreshing the page, and tried a different extension but all of that didn't work. Please help?? Thanks :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2010
ArturiaZero said:
Hey, whenever I try uploading a new profile picture, it just reverts back to my old one, which I don't want. When I removed my old profile picture to the "N/A Profile Picture," I uploaded a new one but it still reverted back to my old picture! I waited for like 4 days now, tried emptying my cache, refreshing the page, and tried a different extension but all of that didn't work. Please help?? Thanks :D.
Upload a pic again, wait 5-10 minutes, then go to your profile and hold ctrl and press f5 a couple of times. If it still doesn't change then try a different extension. If the pic you were trying to change it to is a jpg, change it to a png or gif.
If it still doesn't change then, post here again.
Aug 20, 2013 7:44 PM

Jun 2013
IntroverTurtle, thanks so much! Helped me with my problem! Thanks again! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
Ok, good. No problem, feel free to post here again if you have any problem regarding your avatar or profile picture.
Aug 21, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2010
TheAlpha307 said:
My avatar and my stats are not updating! Please fix! :(
Stats have been a problem for like a month on this site. Leave them and they will eventually change. There's nothing you can do to speed it up right now.

For your avatar do you mean forum avatar or profile pic? I don't see a forum avatar are you sure you uploaded it in the right place?
Aug 22, 2013 6:04 AM

Aug 2013
Every thing's fine with me ;)

Aug 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Dec 2011
It does not work for me. I have been trying to upload the same avatar for a few weeks now and it does not change. I have tried the method given in the opening post also.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."
Aug 28, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
Yup, switched to .jpg and hit ctrl+f5 on profile screen to clear cache. It works!
"If happiness had a form what would it look like? It might be something like glass, because one doesn't notice it normally. However, it is actually there. As proof, if you change the angle you look at it, the glass will reflect light. It will state it's presence and existence more eloquently than any other thing in this world" - Lelouch vi Britannia
Aug 28, 2013 3:12 PM

Feb 2012
MY avatar is unstable. Have had 3 different avatar today,
My current (Too risque)
One of Francesca Lucchini
and one of Takumi from Inital D
Any reason why it is happening?

Current was uploaded around 2 months ago
Aug 29, 2013 4:45 AM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
MFK said:
MY avatar is unstable. Have had 3 different avatar today,
My current (Too risque)
One of Francesca Lucchini
and one of Takumi from Inital D
Any reason why it is happening?

Current was uploaded around 2 months ago
Because they were all of the same extension. MAL has a weird thing where they save one of each extension for a while. So try changing it to either a jpg, png, or gif, the one you haven't used in the longest and it should go. And choose your avatar carefully as then you can't change it for a while.

Thank you for that. Finally got it to change within minutes.
Sep 1, 2013 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah I've tried everything that's been said on here and my forum avatar (.gif) is still stuck with the old Luffy one. Not sure if this is a php or database error but its pretty annoying. The problem only seems to be with .gif extensions.
Sep 1, 2013 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Yeah I've tried everything that's been said on here and my forum avatar (.gif) is still stuck with the old Luffy one. Not sure if this is a php or database error but its pretty annoying. The problem only seems to be with .gif extensions.
So what are you trying to change it to? A png or jpg should go though, but it will take you a while to be able to change to another gif.

You trying to change to this? Kamui from Gintama.
http://myanimelist.net/images/useravatars/566323.gif

Since it's a gif, you probably will have to wait a while. You can find a great still picture of him to use for the meanwhile.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 1, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah, I'm also not able to find any fixes for my problem. It's been almost a week and my signature isn't working... occasionally I'll notice that it is working, but then an hour or so later it's back to not working. It just appears as text (as you can probably see).

The same thing's happening now when I try to post an image in forums (I even tried posting a different file type)... this never happened before I tried to set my signature. I dunno if these are related but images in forums are my main concern... fixing my signature isn't really top priority.
Sep 1, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Yeah, I'm also not able to find any fixes for my problem. It's been almost a week and my signature isn't working... occasionally I'll notice that it is working, but then an hour or so later it's back to not working. It just appears as text (as you can probably see).

The same thing's happening now when I try to post an image in forums (I even tried posting a different file type)... this never happened before I tried to set my signature. I dunno if these are related but images in forums are my main concern... fixing my signature isn't really top priority.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=654583
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 1, 2013 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah, having a gif as a forum avatar works fine, but the current one I have right now, isn't changing to the the avatar I want it to be. I'm having severe problems when changing to a avatar with .png for some reason which I mostly use for avatars on this site.

Profile pictures are fine after I refresh them after five minutes.
Sep 1, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
Kvshi said:
Yeah, having a gif as a forum avatar works fine, but the current one I have right now, isn't changing to the the avatar I want it to be. I'm having severe problems when changing to a avatar with .png for some reason which I mostly use for avatars on this site.

Yes as I've mentioned many times on this thread, it isn't good at changing to an extension you were just using. Changing it to jpg or possibly gif if you haven't used it in a while should work right away.
Sep 1, 2013 9:31 PM

Mar 2013
Introverturtled said:
Kvshi said:

Yes as I've mentioned many times on this thread, it isn't good at changing to an extension you were just using. Changing it to jpg or possibly gif if you haven't used it in a while should work right away.

Alright, got it. Thanks man!
Sep 2, 2013 12:21 AM

Jun 2012
Introverturtled said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=654583
Ah sorry, I actually just found that post on the main page... I should probably pay more attention to the announcements. Then I'll just have to give it time until the hacker business is settled. Thanks for letting me know though.
Sep 2, 2013 8:01 AM

Dec 2011
i can't upload signature picture.. i had one before and i wanted to change it.. and every time instead of the picture url shows up..

width is 400px and height is 150px..
KB size is 106..

everything follows forum rules..
Sep 2, 2013 8:07 AM

Aug 2013
melodyofd_d said:
i can't upload signature picture.. i had one before and i wanted to change it.. and every time instead of the picture url shows up..

KB size is 106..

Sep 2, 2013 8:08 AM
Aug 2013
melodyofd_d said:

KB size is 106..

BBCode is disabled for now (No ETA on when it'll be brought back), changing of media on the signature/About Me/whatever will be impossible.
agaffeSep 2, 2013 8:20 AM
Sep 2, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
agaffe said:
melodyofd_d said:

KB size is 106..

BBCode is disabled for now (No ETA on when it'll be brought back), changing of media on the signature/About Me/whatever will be impossible.
You can change your about me, the codes still work there.
Pages (37) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Related Entries Breaks Search

ScarletCelestial - 8 hours ago

0 by ScarletCelestial »»
8 hours ago

» Bizarre Problem - 504 on Panel ONLY logged into JOHAN

Johan - 10 hours ago

0 by Johan »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3475 by ItsFrogMan »»
11 hours ago

» Keep getting Captcha every few hours

AlecGH - Mar 23

7 by Serafos »»
Today, 2:52 AM

» History Profile 504 Gateway Timeout

clebermatheus - Jun 18

5 by Noboru »»
Yesterday, 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.