Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 8, 2023 1:07 PM
Sep 2022
Great character developement, I feel bad for Rin. Makoto and Haru are lovers and u can't tell me otherwise
Dec 27, 2023 9:12 AM
Nov 2016
It's heartening to see that all their effort and Haru's acceptance to participate in the relay resulted in their qualification for the Regional Tournament.

Overall, it's an episode with not too much additional information; it's lighter and more relaxed, which is fair since the characters needed a break, and it was an idea to distract Haru from swimming.

The episode aims to further develop Rin and shows him reminiscing about childhood, when he used to swim with friends. Undoubtedly, he misses those times but hides behind a proud image.

The dialogue between Haru and Makoto is crucial for the plot, where Haru explains that he felt hurt by the idea of not being able to swim with Rin anymore and that he was very excited about sharing the relay with his friends. What a great narrative work.

In the end, we see that Rin is going to participate in the relay because he's quite stubborn and can't stay put in his corner.

Good episode.
Jan 18, 5:35 PM

Oct 2017
Nagisa's winking cue to Makoto killed me!! xD This anime is so good!

I think Rin is slowly realizing that he misses the bond he had with his former teammates (on his childhood relay team) and that's why he wants to join his school's relay team. However, he is kind of standoffish, so I dunno if joining the relay team with new teammates at his new school will solve all his problems.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2013

252 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 17, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2013

311 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 16, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2013

871 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 16, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

409 by mayoise »»
Jun 14, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2013

266 by LibrarianKitty »»
Jun 4, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.