Forum Settings
Forums

Director Miyazaki Hayao Announced Retirement From Feature Length Film Making

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
Seems like there will be an interview for Hayao Miyazaki's retirement
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv151185497
Not an interview but a press conference. It will start in 15 min from now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 6, 2013 1:50 AM

Nov 2007
Sorry, wrong word.

Quick Report (That means Detailed Report coming soon) of the press conference.
http://animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1378438677

Seems like he's been saying about retirement for a long time, but this time is serious. Though he said he wants to work 10 more years. There's a movie planning next year from the director of Kaguya-hime no Monogatari, too.
tsubasaloverSep 6, 2013 1:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2011
I don't really like Miyazaki's work but Princess Mononoke was epic 0_0
Why do you suck at life? Because you let life suck at you. Words to live by courtesy of Ask a Ninja.
Sep 6, 2013 1:59 AM

Jul 2008
yes that a good news

evrey time he say i will Retire
he make new movie so evry thing is fine :D
-------
WTF it is the end of the world
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 6, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
Quick Report (That means Detailed Report coming soon) of the press conference.
http://animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1378438677
Most of the contents of this "quick report" is actually the full transcript of the statement made by Miyazaki for his retirement. The key fact is how it took him five years to make Kaze Tachinu and given he will is 72 soon, another 5,6, or 7 years for another movie is just unthinkable to him.

Also in the press conference he debunked the rumor (created by distorted interpretation of an interview he made with a TV station and seems to be believed by some overseas fans including some in MAL) that he wants Anno Hideaki to make the sequel for Nausicca. (In the interview he only said that if Anno insisted he would just let him do it). He flatly stated that there will be no sequel for Nausicca - which I take to mean from his and Ghibli's point of view.

Other main points in the press conference include:

- He will not work as adviser or supervisor for future Ghibli's work
- There are new work planned for release next summer
- The movie that strikes him as particularly memorable is, surprisingly, "Howl's Moving Castle"
- He plans to spend time mainly on things other than anime in future.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 6, 2013 10:03 AM

Nov 2008
really this year has been nothing but trouble for the manga industry and now this ???
Sep 7, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2012
It's really sad. But he needed the rest. A legacy has come to an end. Hope a new talent rises in studio ghibli.

。◕‿◕。 Fun In Life is what Matters! The More the Fun the better your Life Becomes!! 。◕‿◕。

Sep 7, 2013 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:
symbv said:
GoldenthunderBRS said:
understand me that I just haven't heard him before people. Though in the club someone helped me who he is so please stop going crazy by saying those stuff geeez. fon't need that.
I guess if you had phrased your first post better like doing some basic research about who he is and how famous he is before jumping into this thread stating "I don't know him and I have never seen his work" the outcome could have been very different. At the end, people would ask why you want to comment if you have no idea who he is?
Wow, that's pretty hypocritical, telling him to do research before posting when you sniped at someone when you didn't even understand what they were referring to. People might ask you why you want to reply to someone when you don't know what they're talking about. ...Oh.
Now show me what I did not understand what he was referring to?? All the "simple research" he needs to do is to click on the link I provided in my first post and the whole list of Miyazaki's works would come before his eyes. Why posted something like "I don't know him at all" while it is so easy to find out what this person did (and according to posts already in the thread he is clearly a famous person in the industry). Your reply seems so lacking in logic and sense that it is mind boggling that you could even write up so much to talk about how people are "hypocritical". You may be better stick to your usual low level of trolling by short comments instead which seems to suit your style and logic much better.

DraconisMarch said:
I don't think I've ever seen a staff member make such immature and caustic replies.
Coming from a perpetual immature and sarcastic chap (and many have rightly pointed this out to you multiple times) I really doubt how much you know about maturity and ability to sound sensible LOL. As I explained time and again, I do not consider myself as any mods when I am not starting a news thread. And if you think you can keep your inconsiderate, caustic and sarcastic approach to MAL posting in this News Board just because you use double-standard for people posting against your posts, then you should think again.

You're one of my favorite members that contribute to this site because you reply back, you contribute to the discussion.

I am not kissing up to you or anything, but all the mods seem so high and up, but you actually converse with ppls in a discussion forum, something that you should do

I also appreciate you for all the news you post... So yes, thank you.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 7, 2013 8:44 PM
Oct 2012
You're suppose to work until you die. ;n;
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

39 by ProudElitist »»
23 minutes ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

27 by Ketereles »»
44 minutes ago

» 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Reveals Production Staff, Theme Songs, Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - May 24

9 by Calal-Chan »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

21 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Yesterday, 7:57 AM

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - May 24

12 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.