Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2013 12:19 AM
May 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
Also, I'm confused about Armin yelling about avenging something.
That cannot be fully explained without giving away spoilers.
I'd say Armin was double-speaking, intentional or not.
Aug 4, 2013 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
newFlavor said:
ErenxMikasa said:

I've read the manga, so I've probably just forgotten, but please do enlighten.
Aug 4, 2013 12:22 AM

Apr 2010
ErenxMikasa said:
newFlavor said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Been explained several times over in this thread.

Amarrez said:
OzkanTheFlip said:
can someone tell me what Armin was babbling about? When Jean was about to die Armin was yelling "avenge him that went rushing to his death!" "I saw my best friend under the foot of that titan!"... i don't get it

He was trying to fool the Female Titan into thinking that she had accidentally killed Eren.
Aug 4, 2013 12:23 AM

Aug 2013
antonn said:
ErenxMikasa said:
newFlavor said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Been explained several times over in this thread.

Amarrez said:
OzkanTheFlip said:
can someone tell me what Armin was babbling about? When Jean was about to die Armin was yelling "avenge him that went rushing to his death!" "I saw my best friend under the foot of that titan!"... i don't get it

He was trying to fool the Female Titan into thinking that she had accidentally killed Eren.

Oh okay my bad, that's not really a spoiler
Aug 4, 2013 12:24 AM

Jan 2011
Holy shit that was such an INTENSE episode! The pacing was great and the animation was amazing as always. Jean has changed so much, I really like him a lot now. I absolutely loved the scene with Reiner, Armin and Jean trying to talk down the female titan. The female titan killed the horse so easily like WHOA! Armin said some bullshit which stopped the female titan from killing Jean, way to go Armin! I seriously thought Reiner would die I mean the female titan pretty much crushed him! D-Don't tell me... he has regenerative powers? The OST during that scene was fucking awesome. I'm loving this arc so much already.
Also about the female titan...

5/5
Aug 4, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2012
Episode had a hell combination of intensity and thrillingness !!!
And yet again nice display of the Epic OST's and animation was top notch.
Nice coordination between Arimn ,Reiner and Jean !!
Female titan mysterious and Epic as fuck,her eye pattern totally resembles Annie's !!
God i just wanna read the manga so badly ryt now.....
Aug 4, 2013 12:31 AM
May 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
newFlavor said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Few points:

put those points together..then you should get the idea...
Aug 4, 2013 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
newFlavor said:
ErenxMikasa said:
newFlavor said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Few points:

put those points together..then you should get the idea...

May I add something?

The guy, who Armin speaks of is indeed

but I don't think she stopped because she didn't know who she had killed (she appeared too soon after the beginning of the mission, she selectively kills the soldiers of the Scouting Legion) - Armin`s bluff blew off her cover as a titan. Would Jean avenge the person she was looking for? Sorry, no. First thing, it really gives Jean an opportunity to escape, second - what Armin says is that she is a murderer and she will be treated as such.
zellamiAug 4, 2013 12:55 AM
Aug 4, 2013 12:59 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm... I like how they added the clues to what will happen later, but the female titan is a lot more obvious than it was in the manga probably due to the colors. Oh well, great episode nonetheless. Looking good animation-wise.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 4, 2013 1:01 AM

Jul 2012
Although it's a cool episode, this is the first episode that to me, made no sense. The Female Titan spared Armin when she could kill him. She killed the others but somehow spared Armin. To me that makes no sense. That's like a absolute cliche plot twist that was done just to save Armin because he is a main character. I don't like that.
Aug 4, 2013 1:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another awesome action packed episode. I liked how it focused on other members of the cast and not just Eren this time.

The female Titan was awesome yet scary and even if you haven't read the manga, as long as you have a functioning brain cell it's pretty obvious who that is. And there was another hint at another possible Titan/Human. The question is how the hell are they being transformed? I'm looking forward to the big reveal on that further on. I'm really trying to avoid reading anything online on this series because those that have read the manga are not exactly the best at putting spoiler tags.

And Mikasa Dat Ass photo will become an official wallpaper for many.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 4, 2013 1:24 AM

May 2012
I'm sure Eren could figure out whether the Kyonyuu Kyojin's Mikasa or not based on the shape, size, and boingness of her bbs and nppls in proportion to her body. =D
ShirubaasouruAug 4, 2013 1:36 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 4, 2013 1:26 AM

Aug 2012
Biartz said:
Although it's a cool episode, this is the first episode that to me, made no sense. The Female Titan spared Armin when she could kill him. She killed the others but somehow spared Armin. To me that makes no sense. That's like a absolute cliche plot twist that was done just to save Armin because he is a main character. I don't like that.

Don't worry, man. Everything here is happening for a reason. And the answers are just hiding in plain sight.

Just to help you connect the dots, Armin already realised that the Female Titan was a Titan-shifting human. And the Titan Shifter just happens to look at Armin. What's the only logical reason which would explain why the Female Titan that only kills to protect itself would just turn away from a human who could potentially kill it? Probably something along the lines of 'Oh, it's just Armin.' meaning that the Female Titan knows abour Armin already. Most probably as a human being.
Aug 4, 2013 1:26 AM

Jul 2012
GomiNoUmi said:
Biartz said:

OR maybe there actually was some meaning behind that and it just hasn't been explained/you haven't figured it out yet. :P

Beaver897 said:
Biartz said:

Don't worry, man. Everything here is happening for a reason. And the answers are just hiding in plain sight.

Just to help you connect the dots, Armin already realised that the Female Titan was a Titan-shifting human. And the Titan Shifter just happens to look at Armin. What's the only logical reason which would explain why the Female Titan that only kills to protect itself would just turn away from a human who could potentially kill it? Probably something along the lines of 'Oh, it's just Armin.' meaning that the Female Titan knows abour Armin already. Most probably as a human being.

I don't think so. You don't kill a lot of humans but leave one behind like that. It just makes no sense with the reality that was established so far.
Even if there is some kind of bs explanation, that Armin is important to the Titans, that speaks even more nonsense. It ires even more that the killed ones were pretty much side characters but Armin is a main.

Armin was also on verge of death before but was spared now. So technically if he should be dead now, then what's the point of sparing him? None other than that he is main character.
BiartzAug 4, 2013 1:38 AM
Aug 4, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
RE: Shirubaasouru

You really wanted to write 'bbs' and 'nppls' in the discussion, didn't you?
Huehuehue.
Aug 4, 2013 1:35 AM

Apr 2009
This anime has seriously made me fall in love with Jean, what the hell. I can't imagine what it'll do for Ymir when her time comes (next season), since I love her purely for her manga appearances.
Aug 4, 2013 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
Biartz said:
GomiNoUmi said:
Biartz said:

OR maybe there actually was some meaning behind that and it just hasn't been explained/you haven't figured it out yet. :P

I don't think so. You don't kill a lot of humans but leave one behind like that. It just makes no sense with the reality that was established so far.
Even if there is some kind of bs explanation, that Armin is important to the Titans, that speaks even more nonsense. It ires even more that the killed ones were pretty much side characters but Armin is a main.

It will make sense by the end if the anime - it really depends on how well you know the characters.

Aug 4, 2013 1:38 AM

Dec 2012
Omg why is she going after Eren? Let alone even know about Eren? *Goes to read manga*
Aug 4, 2013 1:44 AM

Dec 2009
Epic anime so far 10 - 10
Aug 4, 2013 1:46 AM
Jun 2013
Biartz said:

Nope, she is not killing anyone...at least for now. She ignored those 2 guys that tried to protect Armin, she only killed them because of self defense. What killed those squads on the right formation are normal titans.
Aug 4, 2013 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Biartz said:

Armin was also on verge of death before but was spared now. So technically if he should be dead now, then what's the point of sparing him? None other than that he is main character.
She knows him as a human and maybe a good acquaintance with him? Then she would at least want to avoid killing him if possible. Lastly, if you watch the episode closely, she only kills those who went for her neck since she would be the one killed instead. You can conclude that she wants to keep the death rate as low as possible.

Aug 4, 2013 1:53 AM
Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
DraconisMarch said:
How the fuck did he survive?

LOL. Bullshit.

Oh Draconis, jumping the gun once again.

I feel his pain, waiting that much time to bash the show...

Quick ! A reaction video of how of an asspull that was :)
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Aug 4, 2013 1:53 AM
Mar 2013
Now this is the SnK I love.
Hopefully, this tempo will continue
Aug 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
Biartz said:
GomiNoUmi said:
Biartz said:

Beaver897 said:
Biartz said:

Boy how wrong you are
Aug 4, 2013 2:11 AM

Jun 2013
"Oww! My hand! =.= (Why the hell is my whole hand regenerating when only my fingers were chopped off?) "
*Sudden realisation*
"Ok! Bye Bitches! Off to find Eren~~"

If you know what I mean :D

crrstleAug 4, 2013 2:20 AM
Aug 4, 2013 2:26 AM

Feb 2011
IchigoHollowfi said:
'Dat Titan ass.

I lol'd hard at that part xD

Besides that , man what an AMAZING episode. I'm counting the days until the next episode :( The waiting hurts so much.
Aug 4, 2013 2:49 AM

Aug 2008
Amarrez said:
That was seriously amazing, and I don't give that praise lightly. I've read the manga twice but I was on the edge of my seat.

Best part.

YES! I was actually fooled for once thinking he really died. So I had to rewatch that scene a couple of times for the badassery. And yes nice Titan ass.
Isn't it extremely obvious that she's Annie Leonhart? But why do the Titans seem to obey human Titans like that blondie, and are yet hostile to ones like Eren? Is it the way they transform? A trick? The fact that they only retaliate agasint other Titans that are hostile to them too?

I'm going to pick up the manga one way or the other, the story aside, being as interesting as it may, the action is also top notch. The art is also very nice.
Aug 4, 2013 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
Reiners escape is the best part.
Aug 4, 2013 3:17 AM

Jul 2013
XD
Aug 4, 2013 3:24 AM

Jul 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Biartz said:

You can conclude that she wants to keep the death rate as low as possible.

By leading the titans who slaughtered the front squads? Doesn't seem like the best idea.
Aug 4, 2013 3:29 AM

Apr 2008
Biartz said:
EasyGo-er said:
Biartz said:

You can conclude that she wants to keep the death rate as low as possible.

By leading the titans who slaughtered the front squads? Doesn't seem like the best idea.

That is providing she's the one who lead them and that they didn't just follow her on their own.
Aug 4, 2013 3:33 AM
Feb 2012
Brilliantly done episode. Love the female titan arc.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 4, 2013 3:51 AM

Aug 2011
I started reading the manga a few weeks ago, nonetheless was this episode epic and really fascinating. You should think to read the same story twice in a short distance would make it boring, but not in this case. I also was fooled for one second, that Reiner was really crushed, silly me...
Aug 4, 2013 4:06 AM

Aug 2012
episode was great. And this scene was unpredictable. Way to go Reiner.!!
Aug 4, 2013 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
Average.

It is just way too obvious who that titan is.

And they are still reusing a lot of footage.
.................................................................................
Aug 4, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2008
Waiting for next episode is increasingly difficult.
Aug 4, 2013 4:22 AM
Apr 2008
The female titan looks like lady gaga. At least, she should wear something to cover her ass and boobs :D.
Aug 4, 2013 4:29 AM

Jul 2013
Anim3LOVER said:
The female titan looks like lady gaga. At least, she should wear something to cover her ass and boobs :D.
Nah, she's Lady Gaga actually, only skinned and uhm..with bigger boobs.

Ah yeah, I forgot. With bigger ass, too.
Aug 4, 2013 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
pizza_012 said:
That Female Titan WANTS TO FIND AND RAPE EREN OHHHHHHHHHHH

She then will eat up eren and they will Fuck each other inside her titan body

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I Know who she is. It's Fuckin' obvious. lol
I like the way you think.
Aug 4, 2013 4:41 AM
Mar 2013
was so fast and good like a blink of the eye lol
Reiner was crushed right? that makes the confusion zzzzz is really Eren the target? what for?
Aug 4, 2013 4:44 AM

Nov 2011
Does the director of this episode have Macrophilia ?
Aug 4, 2013 4:46 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode, Man points increase for Reiner.
Aug 4, 2013 5:00 AM

Feb 2010
Omfg, the music when the female titan appeared was godlike. So much tension. It fit perfectly. This has got to be one of the best eps ever! and that crawling titan gave me the bloody creeps lol! Jean & Armin were great.
Aug 4, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode, it really was keeping me tension. About identity of female titan, I think I have pretty good idea who it is. That gaze is unique.

CanisTomekAug 4, 2013 5:03 AM
Aug 4, 2013 5:17 AM
Jun 2008
I swear I saw Reiner being crush into pieces , and the white smoke on his head after he save Armin was a bit curious .
Aug 4, 2013 5:25 AM

Aug 2009
The blood when Reiner was being "crushed" was FT's blood because he was already cutting her.

Really now.If Reiner was a Titan-shifter they would make it THAT obvious?
Aug 4, 2013 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
Biartz said:

its your thinking dont made sense..before the episode end if you really got whats going you can tell this stuff:

(no spoiler .. it was all in the episode)
-the female titan knows them..hint: jean called eren suicidal idiot.. so when armin shouts "suicidal idiot" and "best friend" the female titan stops meaning that she knows eren .. if you still dont get it...of course if she knows eren she knows all of eren classmate
more like she spared armin maybe she hesitated to kill him

thats what i get from reading that chapter of the manga..in the manga the hair and eyes has no color so i have no clue who she is at that time..but i get that she knows them.. especially the "suicidal idiot" eren

well in the anime its obvious who she is..
Aug 4, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
There is no way that human can survive such a strong grip. Plus Reiner got out with no injury. I call bullshit or he is also a Titan. Which makes his ''badass'' moment pretty much nonexistent...

The real credit goes to two normal humans, Armin and Jean. But anyway, really good episode.
Aug 4, 2013 5:30 AM

Feb 2012
Sun_Princess said:
and i'm still wondering why Reiner isnt dead ! she clearly crushed him and blood splattered over , when he came out he had some blood disappear as if it was regenerating , I'm probably thinking too much but i still dont buy he's alive if he was a normal human , anyways this shit is crazy am starting to suspect everyone of the squad to be a titan lmao even Sasha :P

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler.

sasha is scared shitless.. if she is a traitor that can become a titan...she wont be scared .. so the calm ones you should suspect
Aug 4, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
Crimson_Cloud said:
There is no way that human can survive such a strong grip. Plus Reiner got out with no injury. I call bullshit or he is also a Titan. Which makes his ''badass'' moment pretty much nonexistent...

The real credit goes to two normal humans, Armin and Jean. But anyway, really good episode.
ssjokg said:
The blood when Reiner was being "crushed" was FT's blood because he was already cutting her.

Really now.If Reiner was a Titan-shifter they would make it THAT obvious?

Also even if he was a Titan he WOULD die if he WAS crushed.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1659 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 22, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

993 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 20, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1558 by cosmic_cosmo »»
Jun 19, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

omega_d94 - Aug 17, 2013

499 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 19, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - May 11, 2013

952 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 17, 6:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.