Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance' to Get Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 28, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
Synopsis focuses on typical generic male lead interactions (pervert stuff, etc) and the lead girl is a typical tsundere.

Also the lead's character page:
"The main character of this story, who suddenly sees Claire while she's washing herself. He eventually becomes her slave spirit."

Sounds like quality material right thar.
You were talking about " 4 announcements today and all of them can be summed up in" not just one. I do not see all the announcements having those same traits you mentioned. Where did you get the idea all the LNs in the announcements shared the same traits???

Fai said:

And "thousands of ____" is a form of expression, its not a mathematical saying its a literary one, to define an unknown number of something with focus of it being "vast".
Gross exaggeration still. And I am still waiting for your list.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 28, 2013 8:20 AM

Jul 2007
symbv said:
Fai said:
Synopsis focuses on typical generic male lead interactions (pervert stuff, etc) and the lead girl is a typical tsundere.

Also the lead's character page:
"The main character of this story, who suddenly sees Claire while she's washing herself. He eventually becomes her slave spirit."

Sounds like quality material right thar.
You were talking about " 4 announcements today and all of them can be summed up in" not just one. I do not see all the announcements having those same traits you mentioned. Where did you get the idea all the LNs in the announcements shared the same traits???

Fai said:

And "thousands of ____" is a form of expression, its not a mathematical saying its a literary one, to define an unknown number of something with focus of it being "vast".
Gross exaggeration still. And I am still waiting for your list.

Do YOU really expect me to care enough about generic derivative fantasy adaptations to compile an exact list of similarities and differences between them?

As for the last part:
by the definition of the expression, there shouldn't be one as it defeats the point of expressing one's thoughts via idea of vast unaccountable number of something.
Jul 28, 2013 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
Do YOU really expect me to care enough about generic derivative fantasy adaptations to compile an exact list of similarities and differences between them?
You care enough to spend time here to complain, right? So you do care for something, don't you??

Fai said:
As for the last part:
by the definition of the expression, there shouldn't be one as it defeats the point of expressing one's thoughts via idea of vast unaccountable number of something.
You still don't have a list. Come on. Perhaps you can only name one or two instead of thousands??

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 28, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
Ejc said:
I'm surprised "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei" still doesn't have an adaptation...

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening !
Are they so much against printing money?
Jul 28, 2013 9:35 AM

May 2011
Seems quite generic but will watch.
Jul 28, 2013 10:04 AM
May 2013
I think the synopsis is a bit deceiving. It makes the MC look like a pansy, but in all reality, he's anything but that. I am a bit worried that Claire could scare off some viewers pretty early on with her Louise-like tsundereness, but she doesn't act like that the whole time. I'm giddy that they're adapting the LNs, but at the same time, I'll be a little wary until more details come out regarding what studio is picking it up and who is being cast.
Jul 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
Okay, I have to ask did they intentionally chose the most derivative things to adapt. Its been 4 announcements today and all of them can be summed up in:
"indecisive wimpy male lead in generic fantasy world pairs up with abusive over-sexualized female lead"

There are thousands of VNs and LNs more worthy of adaptation than stuff like this.

Lol, I can never understand the concept of deciding what an anime(s) will be like, before you even watch it. Sure the synopsis gives a few hints but theres always more to an anime/LN/VN than that.

Also, I wont bother taking your last line seriously, since it doesnt look like you've even read any of the LNs to know whether they are actually good or not.

Anyways, it looks pretty good to me, and even though i hvnt read the LN, I hope it does it justice and they make a good adaptation. Also, lol, "pure maidens" , does that mean the MCs will never get full romantic developments?
Jul 28, 2013 1:47 PM

Feb 2007
NeoAnkara said:
hoping for Claire to not voiced by KuguRie

Good luck with that, I've been sure she'd be voiced by her since the moment I first read a chapter of the manga version.
Jul 28, 2013 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
AdolTheRed said:

Lol, I can never understand the concept of deciding what an anime(s) will be like, before you even watch it. Sure the synopsis gives a few hints but theres always more to an anime/LN/VN than that.

The idea that you HAVE to watch anything to decide on if its worth watching is hilarious. Going by how the introduction is presented and how trailers are presented is enough to not to waste one's time on stuff that one is NOT interested in.

Either show grabs attention or not, the first episode and the lead up to it is CRUCIAL. And those first bits are nothing interesting to a person why should the ones after that be any better to?

The "oh it gets better" argument is really tired. Why should I watch 12 episodes or so of nothing good happening just because supposedly something good happens?

There's nothing to like in the concept, the first impressions are incredibly generic. I will most likely check out the future trailers(because again I tend to give it some chance at being a victim of poor marketing, like quite a few things I enjoyed were), but so far there's nothing interesting in this to generate even BASIC interest.

Also, I wont bother taking your last line seriously, since it doesnt look like you've even read any of the LNs to know whether they are actually good or not.

congrats on using a logical fallacy within the first half of the post.

I have read a fair share of lns, even though I am more of a good quality visual novel person now, since most of LNs I see released, published or translated are mostly unappealing nowadays. Frankly the only one that I am waiting for is fate/Apocrypha. Everything else I have heard of in last year or so is just ughhhh.
Jul 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Mar 2012
EverKoptimistic said:
I think the synopsis is a bit deceiving. It makes the MC look like a pansy, but in all reality, he's anything but that. I am a bit worried that Claire could scare off some viewers pretty early on with her Louise-like tsundereness, but she doesn't act like that the whole time. I'm giddy that they're adapting the LNs, but at the same time, I'll be a little wary until more details come out regarding what studio is picking it up and who is being cast.
I'm worry about the backlash if she get voiced by KuguRie.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 28, 2013 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
I've been waiting for this!!!!!
~Go see as much as you can~
Jul 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
AdolTheRed said:

The idea that you HAVE to watch anything to decide on if its worth watching is hilarious. Going by how the introduction is presented and how trailers are presented is enough to not to waste one's time on stuff that one is NOT interested in.

Either show grabs attention or not, the first episode and the lead up to it is CRUCIAL. And those first bits are nothing interesting to a person why should the ones after that be any better to?

The "oh it gets better" argument is really tired. Why should I watch 12 episodes or so of nothing good happening just because supposedly something good happens?

There's nothing to like in the concept, the first impressions are incredibly generic. I will most likely check out the future trailers(because again I tend to give it some chance at being a victim of poor marketing, like quite a few things I enjoyed were), but so far there's nothing interesting in this to generate even BASIC interest.

congrats on using a logical fallacy within the first half of the post.

I have read a fair share of lns, even though I am more of a good quality visual novel person now, since most of LNs I see released, published or translated are mostly unappealing nowadays. Frankly the only one that I am waiting for is fate/Apocrypha. Everything else I have heard of in last year or so is just ughhhh.

Looks like you didnt understand what I meant I guess. My bad, I'll try to explain it abit more clearly this time.

Sure, synopsis/genres/trailers are usually enough to know if an anime might be something you will like or not, BUT its DEFINITELY not enough to judge an anime......basically I'm directing this at
"indecisive wimpy male lead in generic fantasy world pairs up with abusive over-sexualized female lead"
Ppl are free to decide if they might not like an anime or not from its synopsis,etc......and thats their choice but acting like you actually know what the anime is about and stuff......thats something I cannot understand.

How do u know that the MC is going to be indecisive and wimpy?? How do u know the female will beover-sexualised?? Theres not enough from the synopsis to be able to judge the MCs (both male/females) like that.

Yes, I also agree that the first episode is definitely important......but there are a ton of animes that start slow, but then can get the viewer really interested. I've seen alot of ppl post/write reviews while saying that they didnt think they would like this or that anime, but after watching a few episodes( yes a few not just one), they really liked the anime.
So yah, even if u didnt like the first episode, and didnt bother to go even a lil bit further to completely decide whether u will like it or not, that doesnt mean that the following episodes will be the same or be exactly how YOU think it is.

Why should you watch 12 episodes of nothing good happening? I think the question should be - Why do u think that there will be 12 episodes of nothing good happening?

If you think that u might not like the anime, then fine, you dont even have to watch it, let alone go through 12 episodes. BUT you should atleast try to avoid defining the anime as what you THINK it will be like when all you have is just the synopsis.

For your 4th para, hmmmm, it might be my fault for taking your summation for all the 4-5 anime announcements as something definitive, but it looked that way to me when I first read it, so....yah.....thats probably why I couldnt understand why you had already decided what kind of anime it would be like, before even more information was released, because like you just said "first impressions". But first impressions arent always right and even if its generic, that doesnt mean the anime will be exactly like how you think it will.

Then again, thats just me I guess, I dont really care about generic this or that or w.e, even if the setting is similar or the synopsis is similar to alot of other animes, I watch an anime for what it is, not what I want it to be or think it will be.

And finally, for your last para......my bad again....it seems like you didnt understand.
I was talking about these specific LNs for the animes that were just announced. When you talked about what these shows would be like, and that there are "thousands" of other LNs more worthy of an adaption, well, from what u just said.....I'm guessing you hvnt read them at all.
So, yah, when I said I wont take it seriously......I'm sorry if I seemed rude or w.e.....but I meant it as like, I only listen to what a person thinks of an anime/LN when they've actually read/watched it or atleast know enough about the anime/LN to be able to properly judge what it is/will be like...................so its just me and not you. You dont have to take my last line seriously.

P.S, its kind late here and I'm about to goto sleep, so forgive my laziness to seperate each of your paras for each of my replies.
Jul 28, 2013 7:07 PM
Dec 2012
OMG FINALLY!
Jul 28, 2013 7:47 PM

Feb 2012
Jul 28, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
HauntingShock said:
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 28, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
Says one who read one synopsis and then decided all 5 LNs must have the same "wimpy male" with "abusive female" as "ecchi harem", which is perhaps the most hilarious of all. This kind of shallowness displayed with the knee-jerk reaction proclaiming that all 5 are "wimpy males" with "abusive female" as "ecchi harem" just because he read one synopsis is plain stupidity. Those who think they like serious and deep stuff can usually turn out to be the actual shallow, unthinking and narrow-minded one.
symbvJul 28, 2013 10:03 PM

Jul 28, 2013 10:12 PM
Jul 2011
Will watch for Est and Restia.

God I hate Claire so much though...
Jul 28, 2013 10:31 PM

Jul 2008
Fai is pissing his opinion all around the place, we got it and it's nothing new.

Now maybe we can return to important topic such as... why is this getting an adaptation while Mahouka koukou no rettousei isn't :/.
Jul 28, 2013 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
FudgeNouget said:
Will watch for Est and Restia.

God I hate Claire so much though...
I Though I'm a minority since I don't hate Claire like everyone. It will be better if Leonora make an appearance.
Jul 28, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
Shangetsu said:
Now maybe we can return to important topic such as... why is this getting an adaptation while Mahouka koukou no rettousei isn't :/.
It has been discussed from time to time among anime fans in Japan. I have not read the LN but one common guess is that the way Rettousei portrays neighboring countries like Korea is not favorable and it is currently a sensitive time to adapt something like this where relationship of Japan and Korea/China is getting tense. I don't know enough to confirm how true this guess is but it pops up so often (and Rettousei is such a glaring member among the most popular LNs which has not yet got any anime adaptation) that I cannot help but wonder if this might be one explanation.

Jul 28, 2013 10:43 PM

Jul 2008
symbv said:
Shangetsu said:
It has been discussed from time to time among anime fans in Japan. I have not read the LN but one common guess is that the way Rettousei portrays neighboring countries like Korea is not favorable and it is currently a sensitive time to adapt something like this where relationship of Japan and Korea/China is getting tense. I don't know enough to confirm how true this guess is but it pops up so often (and Rettousei is such a glaring member among the most popular LNs which has not yet got any anime adaptation) that I cannot help but wonder if this might be one explanation.

No actually what you said make sense.
Pretty much every foreign country introduced so far in Mahouka are antagonized. This is especially true for country near Japan.

I do not think that's all that there is to it but it would make sense if it did affect something to some extent.
Jul 28, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
Shangetsu said:
Pretty much every foreign country introduced so far in Mahouka are antagonized. This is especially true for country near Japan.
Yeah, antagonizing America may be harmless but portraying Korea as an invading country at the current sensitive time carries quite some risk.

Jul 28, 2013 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
symbv said:
Shangetsu said:
Yeah, antagonizing America may be harmless but portraying Korea as an invading country at the current sensitive time carries quite some risk.

Indeed, sigh.
Still it isn't like Japan is portrayed as the holy country while the rest of the world are the bad guys. Mahouka make it clear that nobody is really good or evil and that it just so happens that the story is told from Japan's side.

Korea is too uptight about stuff like that.
Jul 28, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2008
How many volumes will this be covered? I want to see a certain something to be animated. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 28, 2013 11:10 PM

Feb 2012
DenjaX said:
How many volumes will this be covered? I want to see a certain something to be animated. xDD

They're speculating it might be up to vol 3.

symbv said:
Shangetsu said:

Wow, I never knew this... I haven't read vol 3 afterall. So different countries are being mentioned huh...
Jul 28, 2013 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
DenjaX said:
Most likely three. The fourth is a start of another arc and the third is best for closing I think. After all
Jul 28, 2013 11:17 PM

Nov 2008
so 13 episodes... ehhh

Oh well.

This will turn into another Infinite Stratos in terms of the talk of the subforums, I suppose. Hopefully it will sell well to get more seasons. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 28, 2013 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
DenjaX said:
so 13 episodes... ehhh

Oh well.

This will turn into another Infinite Stratos in terms of the talk of the subforums, I suppose. Hopefully it will sell well to get more seasons. xDD
That's better than being ZnT.
Jul 28, 2013 11:22 PM
Aug 2012
Shangetsu said:
symbv said:
Shangetsu said:

Indeed, sigh.
Still it isn't like Japan is portrayed as the holy country while the rest of the world are the bad guys. Mahouka make it clear that nobody is really good or evil and that it just so happens that the story is told from Japan's side.

Korea is too uptight about stuff like that.

I would rather just wait for it to get a good adaptation than those 12 episodic ones. The LN is way too awesome and i would really like to see it animated. But if that really is the reason then it we can do nothing but to wait a little while longer.

Jul 28, 2013 11:33 PM

Nov 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Hey don't jinx it. I want the author to be alive and well. >:o

Jul 28, 2013 11:45 PM

Mar 2012
DenjaX said:
NeoAnkara said:
Hey don't jinx it. I want the author to be alive and well. >:o
I'm talking about Claire here. And Blade Dance LN still have many question unansweared.
Jul 29, 2013 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
So.....like.....does anyone know how good/bad/average the sales of this and maybe the other 4 LNs are like? Its too much of a hassle to ask this in each LN's thread, for me and maybe for whoever knows the answer, so I'll just ask for all of them here if no one minds :x
Jul 29, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2009
EST!! Can't wait.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jul 29, 2013 3:40 PM

Mar 2012
AdolTheRed said:
So.....like.....does anyone know how good/bad/average the sales of this and maybe the other 4 LNs are like? Its too much of a hassle to ask this in each LN's thread, for me and maybe for whoever knows the answer, so I'll just ask for all of them here if no one minds :x
The sale result for volume 11 of this will be out next week.
Jul 30, 2013 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
AdolTheRed said:
The sale result for volume 11 of this will be out next week.

Ah, k thanks.
Jul 31, 2013 3:41 PM

Mar 2012
I wish the cast will be announced soon.
Jul 31, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Yaaay!
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 1, 2013 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WUHUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!! omg im so fucking happy right now XDDDDD i can't wait to watch this anime !!!! YEAAHHHHH!
Aug 1, 2013 5:16 AM

Mar 2012
Have MAL creating anime page for this yet?
Aug 1, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
TVtropes have a page for this now. Warning spoiler.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LightNovel/SeireiTsukaiNoBladeDance
Aug 1, 2013 11:38 AM
Jun 2013
it's nice cause i finally caught up to this series, glad there's an anime now
Aug 1, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2008
First world problem: Why are novel getting adapted before I actually read them?
Aug 1, 2013 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
To solve that why don't you just read it now.
Aug 1, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Shangetsu said:

Lack of time. When I read LNs I like to takes a few hours a volume, which I don't have atm.
Aug 1, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
NeoAnkara said:
Shangetsu said:

Lack of time. When I read LNs I like to takes a few hours a volume, which I don't have atm.
You could just read it per chapter.
Aug 1, 2013 6:22 PM

Sep 2008
Is the LN good?
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 1, 2013 6:24 PM

Mar 2012
kuity said:
Is the LN good?
Yes if you like fantasy and harem.
Aug 2, 2013 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
It was only a matter of time.

NeoAnkara said:
iharunatsu said:
Sounds like Zero no Tsukaima ._.
Actualy it's a mix of many fantasy and harem element.

Indeed, I found similarities with like 7+ different ecchi/harem anime.
It is full of generic cliches that we've all seen before but it was surprisingly still a fun read and definitely had its own unique charm.

Will look forward to the anime. Ellis <3

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Aug 2, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
GypaetusBarbatus said:
It was only a matter of time.

NeoAnkara said:
iharunatsu said:
Sounds like Zero no Tsukaima ._.
Actualy it's a mix of many fantasy and harem element.

Indeed, I found similarities with like 7+ different ecchi/harem anime.
It is full of generic cliches that we've all seen before but it was surprisingly still a fun read and definitely had its own unique charm.

Will look forward to the anime. Ellis <3
Yeah. The blend of various genre is what make this enjoyable.
Aug 19, 2013 12:35 AM
Dec 2009
yes! I hope it gets aired in winter or spring, can't wait.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jun 8

13 by RobertBobert »»
40 minutes ago

» 'Shy 2nd Season' Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Elior21 »»
44 minutes ago

» Bones Produces 'Gachiakuta' TV Anime Adaptation for 2025

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

15 by RobertBobert »»
51 minutes ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

40 by RobertBobert »»
55 minutes ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Jun 9

34 by uncleqrow »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.