Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 8, 2013 6:05 AM

Apr 2009
Nyaruko is crying.... :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Probably my favorite episode so far. I didn't expect to see anything so romantically serious at all this episode.

5/5
Feb 24, 2014 3:25 AM
Mar 2013
As a fan of the Index series I loved the Touma reference and Kuroko as well. nyaruko was being awfully dramatic this episode but it worked. Now Mahiro's oging to be nicer to her because he's afraid she'll cry again. Not as funny as previous episodes but the drama made up for it. Looking forward to next ep.
Apr 7, 2014 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
Not even a minute into the episode and there's a obvious Chuu2koi reference. Some others I got are OniAi, Index/Railgun, Death Note, and the Titanic one! I love references! This was a great episode.
May 20, 2014 3:38 AM

Mar 2014
So many References again (OniAi,kuroko,Index and etc)
Kuukoxmahiro at the episode!
So many Mahiro haters lol I know he a total bastard but hey , He did some admirable Works too.
Hey Remember also that nyaruko is at fault too
You Don't Force your feelings for a man that is not in-love at all. (It's just end up in boy hates girl .) Make him yours in a kind way . Surely you'll get him in no time.
But That Scene when nyaruko cried......
She is Really in low-tolerance on depression.
That Mahiroxnyaruko.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2014 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
Chuunibyou reference haha
"if only I had a notebook where i could kill someone just by writing their name." lol
another great episode
[/quote]
Nov 24, 2014 7:41 AM

Sep 2014
Kuuko a qt. :3
Poor Nyaruko, though. Dem feels. :,(

Ray_Light said:

Notebook to kill someone just by writing name -> Definitely One Piece or DragonBall xD

Really? I'm sure it's from Naruto or Bleach... ^^
Jan 24, 2015 3:11 PM

Mar 2008
LhasAps said:

Ray_Light said:

Notebook to kill someone just by writing name -> Definitely One Piece or DragonBall xD

Death note.
Feb 5, 2015 10:22 PM

May 2014
OMG THE REFERENCES. Especially the Chuunibyou one! Just awesome.

Eh, Nyaruko had to be told. And she still needs told. Her feelings are completely fabricated. "Love at first sight" is in no way an explanation for affection. And still, to this day, she hasn't stated any valid reason or thought behind her "love" for Mahiro. I liked watching her in such a defeated state, personally.
Feb 15, 2015 3:42 PM

Feb 2010
Flashgun said:
LhasAps said:

Death note.
Flashgun said:
LhasAps said:

Death note.

no its not its from lucky star
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 10, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2014
Mahiro is undeserving!

I just want this show to be entirely Shanta at this point.
Aug 7, 2015 3:47 AM

Aug 2014
794 said:
OMG THE REFERENCES. Especially the Chuunibyou one! Just awesome.

Eh, Nyaruko had to be told. And she still needs told. Her feelings are completely fabricated. "Love at first sight" is in no way an explanation for affection. And still, to this day, she hasn't stated any valid reason or thought behind her "love" for Mahiro. I liked watching her in such a defeated state, personally.

Yeah, her feelings are about as fake as Fate or Erio or the Sisters. Being clones doesn't make them any less Human; even if Nyarlko's feelings didn't come about naturally, it doesn't make them any less real. Deal with it.

Of course, Mahiro needs to deal with it too. He also needs to open his mouth for a change and tell her exactly why all the crap she's been trying to ingratiate herself to him has backfired - not that it doesn't serve her right to a degree with all the crap she's put Cthuko through. Kinda poetic justice that she's started to take a shine to him as well.

I'm almost surprised that Mahiro hasn't taken Cthuko aside and just asked her point-blank what her real feelings for Nyarlko are (tho him being Japanese may have something to do with that). IIRC Cthuko responds pretty well to that approach.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Dec 29, 2015 2:58 AM

Jul 2014
coastalmaineiac said:
Cratex said:
Not sure how I feel about this episode. On one level I accept that Mahiro was trying to help a friend, but the hurt he was causing Nyaruko, and he KNEW it was hurting her, was unacceptable. And hell, man, what's with that half-assed response to Nyaruko?

I used to defend Mahiro, but as of now I don't think that there is anything left to defend.

For making Nyaruko cry, Mahiro deserves a punch in the face and a kick in the balls.

By the way, Death Note reference for the win.

I caught the Death Note and Titanic References. Mahiro seriously makes me wanna kill him. Most Male Harem MC's would go crazy horny for this type of girl, instead of pushing her aside. He's like the most annoying(I mean Second Most Annoying Harem MC. Forgot about School Days. HAHAHAHA!!!! He got what was coming to him) MC!! He made Nyaruko cry now I just want him to die now.

(Maybe I shouldn't say this) During her emotional scene it was kinda hard to not check that ass(most Anime Girls lack them so its rare), she looked sexy in that outfit. But yeah, Mahiro is a real dick for not noticing her feelings to him.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Dec 29, 2015 3:02 AM

Jul 2014
hydro said:
Nayrael said:

What should he have done? Screwed up the act, ending in Kuuko being forced to leave, marry someone she doesn't love and live in misery while he and Nyarko enjoy their time in Disneyland?

And what about the response? He should have lied to her about loving her? Telling someone you love her when you don't won't end well.
It is not like he was an ass to her in this episode. She knew how important this whole charade is and expected her to understand that. And he didn't ignore her but asked Hasta to cheer her up while he goes with the plan and gave his best to make her feel better without lying to her.

Seemingly telling a girl you don't love that you love her is today called honesty.
He doesn't love her. He will no doubt start liking her in future, but right now he doesn't love her. Do I need to put that in bold text again?
His primary goal was to protect a friend of his and he, naturally, expected her to understand that (after all, Nyarko and Kuuko are childhood friends... a friend Nyarko seems to not care about). When it brought her down, he sent Hasta to cheer her up (he couldn't go because the act would have been over). When she asked him about his feelings, he gave her an honest answer and answered in a way that cheered her up.

But I guess he should have discarded Kuuko and lied to Nyarko about his feelings just to keep Princess Nyarko happy.
I don't know how you guys would call it, but I'd call that Dishonest Asshole.

There was an asshole in this episode, and her name was Nyarko. She KNEW this was an act and she knew it was for Kuuko's, her childhood friend's, well-being.
Yet not only did she endanger that childhood friend of hers (hell, she even seems to support teh charade because Mahiro said so, not because Kuuko is her friend) but she even started accusing that friend for wanting to steal her crush. You don't see Hasta, who also has a crush on Mahiro, act like that.
Mahiro knew Kuuko for a short while but without a second thought he protected her. Nyarko knew Kuuko for her entire life, yet the only thing she saw was an enemy.

And it really, REALLY baffles me that people think she is the Innocent Princess while Mahiro, who gave his best both her and Kuuko in this ep, is a villain because he made her cry (which was honestly her fault: he told her time and time again this was nothing more than an act)... and because he didn't lie to her about what she means to him.

Nyaruko is my favorite in the show, and even one of my extended favourties overall; but I agree with this post. I've said it numerous times before, but the level of hate Mahiro gets is completely unreasonable.

What you said would have made a lot more sense if the fake dating stuff wasn't so SUPER SEE-THROUGH to the point that EVERYONE saw it coming before it even happened. The only thing that would be right would be that Cthuko would be forced to leave and that's not good. But that's the only good point I'm drawing out of all of this bullshit called a date.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 28, 2016 7:15 AM

Apr 2009
...i don't get this thing they have about cleaning someone's ears ;_;'

Urusei Yatsura!
they even used the movie title _xD!

i feel so sorry for Hasuta since he barely gets any time with Mahiro at all ;_;'
why, whyyy you poor little thing ;_;'

-Death note.

Hasuta, what did you do..?

-her skirt pulled itself up from one scene to another..
-poor Hasuta T_T
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 11, 2018 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Chuunibyou reference almost killed me. Also I was really feeling Nyaruko's sadness, until that asshat of a protagonist said "I don't hate you since you protect me and everything" and that was enough to make her happy again...
Aug 24, 2019 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
Nayrael said:
Cratex said:
Not sure how I feel about this episode. On one level I accept that Mahiro was trying to help a friend, but the hurt he was causing Nyaruko, and he KNEW it was hurting her, was unacceptable. And hell, man, what's with that half-assed response to Nyaruko?

I used to defend Mahiro, but as of now I don't think that there is anything left to defend.

What should he have done? Screwed up the act, ending in Kuuko being forced to leave, marry someone she doesn't love and live in misery while he and Nyarko enjoy their time in Disneyland?

And what about the response? He should have lied to her about loving her? Telling someone you love her when you don't won't end well.
It is not like he was an ass to her in this episode. She knew how important this whole charade is and expected her to understand that. And he didn't ignore her but asked Hasta to cheer her up while he goes with the plan and gave his best to make her feel better without lying to her.

linchpin said:
Totally agree. Mahiro's a dishonest asshole and even tears falling on his face don't make much of an impression on him!

Seemingly telling a girl you don't love that you love her is today called honesty.
He doesn't love her. He will no doubt start liking her in future, but right now he doesn't love her. Do I need to put that in bold text again?
His primary goal was to protect a friend of his and he, naturally, expected her to understand that (after all, Nyarko and Kuuko are childhood friends... a friend Nyarko seems to not care about). When it brought her down, he sent Hasta to cheer her up (he couldn't go because the act would have been over). When she asked him about his feelings, he gave her an honest answer and answered in a way that cheered her up.

But I guess he should have discarded Kuuko and lied to Nyarko about his feelings just to keep Princess Nyarko happy.
I don't know how you guys would call it, but I'd call that Dishonest Asshole.

There was an asshole in this episode, and her name was Nyarko. She KNEW this was an act and she knew it was for Kuuko's, her childhood friend's, well-being.
Yet not only did she endanger that childhood friend of hers (hell, she even seems to support teh charade because Mahiro said so, not because Kuuko is her friend) but she even started accusing that friend for wanting to steal her crush. You don't see Hasta, who also has a crush on Mahiro, act like that.
Mahiro knew Kuuko for a short while but without a second thought he protected her. Nyarko knew Kuuko for her entire life, yet the only thing she saw was an enemy.

And it really, REALLY baffles me that people think she is the Innocent Princess while Mahiro, who gave his best both her and Kuuko in this ep, is a villain because he made her cry (which was honestly her fault: he told her time and time again this was nothing more than an act)... and because he didn't lie to her about what she means to him.

KUDOS! THUMBS UP A HUNDRED PERCENT!
Jul 24, 2020 2:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So she's trapped in the room for ever xD
Nyaruko confession scene was really good, poor girl :/
Apr 27, 2022 11:33 PM

May 2017
Nyaruko push mahiro on the bed
Studio push money to the window
Kuuko push twintail lovers to the org**m
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 7, 2022 1:49 AM

Jul 2012
I like how natural kuuko likes the boy, even if it start from a stupid reason..

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2013

124 by Shibaroo »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2013

113 by White_Alice »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

91 by bezardo »»
Aug 9, 2022 6:53 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2013

59 by LadyLeeMing »»
May 7, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

70 by WNightfall »»
Oct 11, 2021 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.