3It was OK
7.1%
2Disliked it
3.2%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.6
156 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 12, 2013 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, those scary eyes this episode.

Episode was kinda cute and dramatic imo especially the ice cream scene. Cthuko and Mahiro on a 'date'? XD. Poor Nyaruko..dem feels.

;.;
May 12, 2013 10:42 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. LOL. Lots of references.

Chuu2koi, OniAi, Kuroko no Basuke, Index/Railgun, Death Note, and the Titanic one! Hahaha.

Didn't expect to see a serious moment between Mahiro and Nyarko.
Mahiro x Kuuko moments were cute too!
FijiMay 12, 2013 11:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
Chuu2koi reference indeed!

May 12, 2013 11:10 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Not sure how I feel about this episode. On one level I accept that Mahiro was trying to help a friend, but the hurt he was causing Nyaruko, and he KNEW it was hurting her, was unacceptable. And hell, man, what's with that half-assed response to Nyaruko?

I used to defend Mahiro, but as of now I don't think that there is anything left to defend.
May 12, 2013 11:21 AM
Mar 2013
Cratex said:
Not sure how I feel about this episode. On one level I accept that Mahiro was trying to help a friend, but the hurt he was causing Nyaruko, and he KNEW it was hurting her, was unacceptable. And hell, man, what's with that half-assed response to Nyaruko?

I used to defend Mahiro, but as of now I don't think that there is anything left to defend.

For making Nyaruko cry, Mahiro deserves a punch in the face and a kick in the balls.

By the way, Death Note reference for the win.
May 12, 2013 11:30 AM
Feb 2013
Oh a serious moment for Mahiro and Nyaruko.

Ya know a Mahiro X kuuko arc wasn't bad.
May 12, 2013 11:53 AM

May 2013
i like the references in this episode. i also like those dramatic moments between mahiro and nyaruko.
May 12, 2013 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
I loved this episode, great references, funny moments and the serious scenes between Nyaruko and Mahiro. I started to hate Mahiro, Nyaruko was already 1 of my favourite characters, but she made a big step toward for being a favourite forever.
May 12, 2013 12:01 PM
Jan 2012
Would have loved more serious scenes with this anime. It could make the anime really nicely put together.
May 12, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2012
Didn't expect the Chuunibyou reference lol. The railgun and KnB one was great as well.

And of course, Kuuko made the ep for me. She's just too damn awesome.
May 12, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2012
Entertaining episode and nice parodies hehe
May 12, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
The parodies where pretty nice this episode but the jealousy was the best seeing all those reactions from Nyaruko and Kuune was nice especially when they where angry.
Seeing Nyaruko down the second part of the episode was a bit sad tho but she made a comeback with her confession and being daring like we are used of her hopefully Mahiro will respond to her feelings fast.
The story about Mahiro's mother was also funny.
May 12, 2013 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Damnit Mahiro, been cutting you some slack lately but just had to hurt Nyaruko's feelings again. Asshole move he did.

On another note, I laughed pretty hard when Kuuko said "Kuroko" and Shantak-kun yelled in response. Both characters are voiced by Arai, Satomi (Kuroko and Shantak-kun).
May 12, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
Chuunibyou reference!
May 12, 2013 12:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Elite60 said:

On another note, I laughed pretty hard when Kuuko said "Kuroko" and Shantak-kun yelled in response. Both characters are voiced by Arai, Satomi (Kuroko and Shantak-kun).

THIS. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 12, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Cratex said:

Totally agree. Mahiro's a dishonest asshole and even tears falling on his face don't make much of an impression on him!

But aside from his character, the rest of the show rocks!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2009
Feels like a flag got set this episode, hahaha.

I think the only reference I got this time was Death Notes, need to watch it again more carefully.

May 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
For once I was able to understand and find all the references!!! :D

Great episode! Looks like Nyaruko wins in the end xD
May 12, 2013 1:06 PM
May 2012
There is even a JoJo reference!
May 12, 2013 1:10 PM

May 2012
well i got the chuunibyou, death note, and index references xD
and poor nyaruko, that part with her crying almost got me crying :p
May 12, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
ALL DEM REFERENCES SO MUCH LOL XDXD

Loved the date. Kuuko really is cute. But I felt bad for Nyarko.

I really love the scenes with Nyarko when she's being serious. She's so cute in them and it's hard to resist those tears.

Well at least Mahiro gave her hope.
May 12, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Lol I am really enjoying how much Shanta and his mom are getting along its quite funny and great. But god damn Mahiro you being a dick imma slap smile off your face!
May 12, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2011
Academy City, lmao! Not a bad episode, not too big a fan of the drama though, but oh well.
May 12, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2012
That was a great arc. I died at the Kuroko reference, but to me Nyaruo's fears was the most important part of the episode.
May 12, 2013 2:19 PM

Dec 2012
Nyaruko is back in the game!
May 12, 2013 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
yah fuck this ep fir 1 big reason, they showed some signs of character development and then they just throw it all out the window in the next scene

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 12, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2011
Those references...
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 12, 2013 3:47 PM

May 2012
Sooooo glad that stupid arc is over...

Man...Nyarko's got a lot of work ahead of her...But it looks like she finally got some flags going!

The way they ended the arc was kinda...yeah. Really felt they could have done better with it. Ah well.
May 12, 2013 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
Cratex said:

What should he have done? Screwed up the act, ending in Kuuko being forced to leave, marry someone she doesn't love and live in misery while he and Nyarko enjoy their time in Disneyland?

And what about the response? He should have lied to her about loving her? Telling someone you love her when you don't won't end well.
It is not like he was an ass to her in this episode. She knew how important this whole charade is and expected her to understand that. And he didn't ignore her but asked Hasta to cheer her up while he goes with the plan and gave his best to make her feel better without lying to her.

linchpin said:
Totally agree. Mahiro's a dishonest asshole and even tears falling on his face don't make much of an impression on him!

Seemingly telling a girl you don't love that you love her is today called honesty.
He doesn't love her. He will no doubt start liking her in future, but right now he doesn't love her. Do I need to put that in bold text again?
His primary goal was to protect a friend of his and he, naturally, expected her to understand that (after all, Nyarko and Kuuko are childhood friends... a friend Nyarko seems to not care about). When it brought her down, he sent Hasta to cheer her up (he couldn't go because the act would have been over). When she asked him about his feelings, he gave her an honest answer and answered in a way that cheered her up.

But I guess he should have discarded Kuuko and lied to Nyarko about his feelings just to keep Princess Nyarko happy.
I don't know how you guys would call it, but I'd call that Dishonest Asshole.

There was an asshole in this episode, and her name was Nyarko. She KNEW this was an act and she knew it was for Kuuko's, her childhood friend's, well-being.
Yet not only did she endanger that childhood friend of hers (hell, she even seems to support teh charade because Mahiro said so, not because Kuuko is her friend) but she even started accusing that friend for wanting to steal her crush. You don't see Hasta, who also has a crush on Mahiro, act like that.
Mahiro knew Kuuko for a short while but without a second thought he protected her. Nyarko knew Kuuko for her entire life, yet the only thing she saw was an enemy.

And it really, REALLY baffles me that people think she is the Innocent Princess while Mahiro, who gave his best both her and Kuuko in this ep, is a villain because he made her cry (which was honestly her fault: he told her time and time again this was nothing more than an act)... and because he didn't lie to her about what she means to him.
NayraelMay 12, 2013 3:50 PM
May 12, 2013 4:22 PM
Oct 2012
Nayrael said:
There was an asshole in this episode, and her name was Nyarko. She KNEW this was an act and she knew it was for Kuuko's, her childhood friend's, well-being.

Liked your post agree almost in full, however Nyarko has never said she was Kuuko's friend. In fact she has said that their races are natural enemies and would like for nothing more than Kuuko to leave. The only reason they are living together is because of work.

Kuuko is not Nyarko's friend, she is an obsessed stalker of Nyarko. Yes, they went to elementary school together, but while in Japan that does create a certain obligation, it says nothing about being friends. Hauster is their mutual friend, but Nyarko and Kuuko have no such relationship.

That said, I find it interesting when fans associate so much with a character that the perceive slights to the character as almost personal slights.
May 12, 2013 4:27 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
(I'll start here, as it influences my response to your first question)
Nayrael said:
And what about the response? He should have lied to her about loving her? Telling someone you love her when you don't won't end well.

I NEVER said lie to her. Tell her yes if he means it or no if he means it. Not some half assed "I don't dislike you". Give her a straight, truthful answer. He's leading her on, which is about the worse thing he can do.

Nayrael said:
What should he have done? Screwed up the act, ending in Kuuko being forced to leave, marry someone she doesn't love and live in misery while he and Nyarko enjoy their time in Disneyland?

You're mixing up two problems. Helping Kuuko with her problem should NOT have been exclusive of making sure Nyaruko understood what his intentions were. But, since Nyaruko hasn't gotten a straight answer out of him then from her point of view what he was doing was putting him very, very far away from her.

Nayrael said:
And it really, REALLY baffles me that people think she is the Innocent Princess while Mahiro, who gave his best both her and Kuuko in this ep, is a villain because he made her cry (which was honestly her fault: he told her time and time again this was nothing more than an act)... and because he didn't lie to her about what she means to him.

I've never said she was innocent. As I also said, I've been defending Mahiro all along. She has always come on WAY to strong to him. But his failure to give her a straight answer every time she asks is just getting to me.
May 12, 2013 4:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
That said, I find it interesting when fans associate so much with a character that the perceive slights to the character as almost personal slights.
Really?
May 12, 2013 4:47 PM
Oct 2012
Cratex said:
I NEVER said lie to her. Tell her yes if he means it or no if he means it. Not some half assed "I don't dislike you". Give her a straight, truthful answer. He's leading her on, which is about the worse thing he can do.

I think the problem is that Mahiro can't give a straight, truthful answer because he himself doesn't know the truth. I think intellectually he doesn't want to fall in love with her (which is a SANE way to think: she is after all an alien of unknown shape and form, who comes from a world he knows less than nothing about, a world where most creatures possess natural power enough to crush him like a bug), but emotionally he is starting to fall in love with her.

As for the rest, don't forget this is also a series, and if Mahiro accepts Nyaruko, the general mood of this show would have to change. So to ask for a "honest" answer is like asking the MC of a harem show to get off his ass and finally pick one girl.
May 12, 2013 4:50 PM
Oct 2012
Cratex said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Really?

Yes. In reading your response above I wouldn't say that it specifically applies to you in this case (so apologies for suggesting it did), but haven't you noticed certain fans who seem to take slights against their beloved characters a tad too personally. Ore Imou and Hanagai are two very prominent shows with such fans.
May 12, 2013 4:55 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Cratex said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Really?

Yes. In reading your response above I wouldn't say that it specifically applies to you in this case (so apologies for suggesting it did), but haven't you noticed certain fans who seem to take slights against their beloved characters a tad too personally. Ore Imou and Hanagai are two very prominent shows with such fans.
Sorry. Thought it was directed at me. My mistake.

To respond to your post before this one, you are probably hitting the nail on the head for me. I'm losing my patience with that aspect of the story. I seem to have reached my limit at Nyaruko's mach 3 approach to Mahiro and Mahiro's seeming inability to take a stance one way or another regarding her. I'm getting fed up with both characters.
May 12, 2013 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
coastalmaineiac said:
Cratex said:

For making Nyaruko cry, Mahiro deserves a punch in the face and a kick in the balls.

By the way, Death Note reference for the win.

lol this.
May 12, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
Wow look at all those references :O

Mahiro haters gonna hate.
May 12, 2013 7:09 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode. Those references xD

I actually understood how Mahiro felt... so he didn't piss me at all~
May 12, 2013 7:38 PM
Oct 2011
Mahiro you piece of sh1t you did that Nyaruko cry

Who is that girl in the opening??? :

May 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
fumoshi said:
Mahiro you piece of sh1t you did that Nyaruko cry

Who is that girl in the opening??? :

I think that is the girl from the last 2 episodes of season 1.
May 12, 2013 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
Lol Academy city didn't think i would see a Chuu2koi reference so soon

shame on you Mahiro for making a girl cry!
May 12, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2010
I loved that kuroko no basket reference..lol..if it is a boy then they will have him play basketball haha

lol mahiro's mom was talking to herself....and I hate mahiro now...sure he did send hasuta later but he has done it too many times now...

And finally my favorite ending song played out this episode...yotte S.O.S!:D
Anyone thinks that Nyaruko is cosplaying Gray fullbuster( fairy tail) when these lines play out:-
"Inryoku de hikitsuke rare "
or is it just me haha..I swear I saw one of his pics in this pose.
TragicRomanceMay 12, 2013 10:06 PM
May 12, 2013 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
ahmed_great2005 said:

And finally my favorite ending song played out this episode...yotte S.O.S!:D
Anyone thinks that Nyaruko is cosplaying Gray fullbuster( fairy tail) when these lines play out:-
"Inryoku de hikitsuke rare "
or is it just me haha..I swear I saw one of his pics in this pose.
if she was, then she would have been shirtless, lol. But honestly, I didn't see any gray cosplay
May 13, 2013 1:15 AM

Aug 2009
HerosLight said:
Demonspeed said:
There is even a JoJo reference!

I got most of the references, where did they reference JoJo?

It's Bruno Bucciarati's famous line from Jojo's Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n1mbtoy6hg
May 13, 2013 2:16 AM

Nov 2009
Such a shame, I would have loved to have seen Mahiro fall for Kuuko.

She is genuinely a very adorable character and they do actually match up quite well. I think he appreciates Kuuko's advances a little more as Nyaruko is so overbearing with hers that I can understand why he gets annoyed so much by her. I don't hate Nyaruko but if she eased back a little I could sympathise a bit more if she didn't get anywhere.

So yeah the last two episodes have been the best of the season for me =)
May 13, 2013 3:25 AM
May 2013
It's a good episode. Although Mahiro did make Nyaruko cry, it's only because Nyaruko being forceful all this time. I can see Mahiro falling for Nyaruko of she eases up a bit. But generally, I think Mahiro matches perfectly with Kuuko. They're both rather calm and Kuuko is generally a lovable character and they both seem to respect each other, although it's claimed as an act. I'm waiting for Nyaruko to realize that in order to make Mahiro fall for her, she needs to calm down and not exaggerate things. If I were Mahiro, I'd be annoyed by her as well. I do have a little hope for Mahiro and Kuuko to end up together, although that most likely won't gonna happen.
May 13, 2013 4:09 AM

Jan 2012
oh great episode :3
too much references xD

i don`t know anymore which ship to sail
mahiro x nyarko or mahiro x kuuko xD
May 13, 2013 4:38 AM

Dec 2012
references, references everywhere...
May 13, 2013 4:59 AM
Feb 2013
wow, that was a pretty good episode.
May 13, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2012
"Then how about we put Mahiro in between Kuuko and make it Kuroko. If it's a boy, we'll have him play basketball. If it's a girl, we'll have her go to Academy City"... Haha. Kuuko ftw!

But I am still shipping for Nyarko. I like Kuuko but I find it funny how Nyarko cling so much to Mahiro. And it's so sad when she cried like that.
rebelakumaMay 13, 2013 6:16 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2013

124 by Shibaroo »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2013

113 by White_Alice »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

91 by bezardo »»
Aug 9, 2022 6:53 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2013

59 by LadyLeeMing »»
May 7, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

70 by WNightfall »»
Oct 11, 2021 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.