Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2013 9:30 AM

Apr 2008
markeo16 said:
I've come to a vital conclusion to what has been shown thus far.

Everyone's a pussy except for mikasa and the scouting legion.

Pixis isn't in the recon legion :P
Jul 15, 2013 9:42 AM
Feb 2013
New OP is nothing short of awful, can't understand why it is getting so much hype. The original was far greater considering it actually fit the tone of the show now I will be skipping it every time - the graphics are beautiful I am being critical of the musical score. Recently this show has been terribly sluggish and 13.5 was completely unnecessary - a bit of a slap in the face especially after a whole episode of Eren stuck inside a Titan. Personally I feel people are putting Shingeki no Kyojin on far too high of a pedestal and "forcing" it to be this amazing anime they clearly hoped for. From what I have heard the manga is far superior anyway but I will continue watching... have a strong feeling this may find itself on my "Dropped" list soon though. These are merely my own opinions, so please don't get up-in-arms because you enjoy it. 5/10 at best for this episode. (or maybe I'm just tired and being cynical >.>)
Jul 15, 2013 9:47 AM

May 2009
thrillhouse said:
From what I have heard the manga is far superior anyway but I will continue watching...
I think the anime adaptation is just as good, if not better, than the manga. At least so far. But then again, I didn't fully get into the manga until the arc that just started in the anime.
Jul 15, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
thrillhouse said:
From what I have heard the manga is far superior anyway but I will continue watching...

Funny. Considering the anime has adapted the manga practically panel for panel so far.
Jul 15, 2013 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
great episode...

great adaptation....this is what i expecting to this episode...

they adapt it very well...

a new OP theme....so cool...

finally, scouting arc will begin next week...

so excited to watch it...

xD
Jul 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
Pacing is much better than the last several episode. They did not drag things much and managed to show all the important scenes including those dialogues from the bishop and the merchant, and still give the beating enough time to sink everyone's heart (not least Mikasa's).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 15, 2013 12:21 PM
Aug 2012
Its not that I don't see the purpose in Levi bloodying the face of a boy who has his hands cuffed behind his back, but I hope Eren gets to return the favor in some form or fashion further down the road....if Mikasa doesn't return the favor first, that is lol.
Jul 15, 2013 12:41 PM
Jan 2013
OP and Ed
-Amazing visuals and very unique compared to other anime OPs and EDs
-I like both the ending and opening as much as I did the last but this one definitely hypes me up a lot more than the last.
-Lots of foreshadowing.

Episode
-FUCKING EPIC, this is probably the one of my favorites if not, the best episode so far.
-Very intense and kept me at the edge of my seat, no doubt.

Mikasa
- She was being Mikasa, it was so cute when Eren defended her. That part of the episode was really EPIC, especially when Eren said "CHIGAU!" I love it when anime characters say "CHIGAU!" so passionately, it's also a fun word to say when you hear a stupid person say or do something ridiculous and your all "CHIGAU!" It's very attractive in a way, alright enough of my fetishes.

Zoe
-She is a funny character, I like her more than potato girl. The voice acting is really good for her as well, usually female characters like her have such an annoying voice and ruin the anime but her voice is quite unique.

Dialogue
- The dialogue really shines in this episode, it does in every episode but it sometimes gets repetitive however in this episode, I was totally engaged in the dialogue. It's really something.

Animation
- Always so FUCKING AMAZING but this episode, even better, even if there was no action.

OST
-LOVED IT!! That is all.

Levi
- I had to dedicate a topic to him, he's just such a sexy badass, so glad he's in the show.
-What makes him even better is the voice actor, he voices Izaya, Otanshi, Natsume, Araragi and Yanase.
- He totally kicks ass in this episode not only literally but figuratively as well.
- Eren went all uke when Levi sat next to him,lol. I replayed that scene so many times ^_^

Overall
- I had to make a freaking review of this episode it was just awesome. If I had to rate the episode, I'd give it a 10/10, exaggerating? I probably hyped this episode up too much but that's hoe good I thought it was. I look forward to the next episode.
Jul 15, 2013 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Very cool trial episode. I love the fact that Eren can hardly be scarred since everything grows back instantly. That said, Levi is still freaking merciless. That death stare by Mikasa too, wow.

So the Survey Corps really is the home to some weird eccentrics isn't it? We've already got a sadist and a dog. Next episode will be interesting.

Jul 15, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2012
mikufan39 said:
Its not that I don't see the purpose in Levi bloodying the face of a boy who has his hands cuffed behind his back, but I hope Eren gets to return the favor in some form or fashion further down the road....if Mikasa doesn't return the favor first, that is lol.

Seriously? They managed to save his life by letting Levi beat him up. I'd say that's a pretty big reason to let it go and to be grateful instead.

Jul 15, 2013 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
I like the new opening for the german lines (I'm german) although "Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger" (the first op) was better :D

At first I thought: "I hate Levi", but then it came out it was to save Eren's life :D
Eren is my favorite character.
Jul 15, 2013 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome!

That is all.
Jul 15, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
A very enticing episode despite the lack of giant fighting. It's was interesting seeing more aspects of the human world and the power games between humans. Although a sense of desperation on how moronic humans can be even at such situations with their back on the wall.

Btw we got a confirmation that humanity didn't actually built the walls. So we got a mystery of who did. I guess the same that makes the giants probably.
If humans have built the walls there wouldn't be any wall religion. Obviously this wall believers see the walls as something godly because it wasn't something they build.
Jul 15, 2013 3:57 PM

May 2013
Monad said:

Btw we got a confirmation that humanity didn't actually built the walls.

Wait, what?! Really?!
Jul 15, 2013 4:08 PM
Mar 2011
HandSonicvI said:
Monad said:

Btw we got a confirmation that humanity didn't actually built the walls.

Wait, what?! Really?!
One of the cult members said it was a gift to humanity from the lord/god. Slightly ambiguous right now, but we'll see.
Jul 15, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
The new OP is utter shit, the german part is just shit...
Fairly good Episode. Still way too much stills and recaps for a Episode were almost nothing happened.
I'll hope the next Episodes get better on this Aspect with the FT Arc... but that is probably just wishful thinking.
5/10
Jul 15, 2013 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
meh for some reason Im just not feeling this series as much as I was in the beginning. I think they could do a better job of making the scenes more powerful cuz a lot of them seem pretty dry. It was a good ep tho 3/5
Jul 15, 2013 6:50 PM
Oct 2011
I am a bit amazed that some people don't like the new OP.

The only other series I am following is HxH and we have to endure the same opening song for the past 88 episodes. The visuals/animation are just passable too. T____T

But we endure.
Jul 15, 2013 7:21 PM

Jun 2012
chikkychappy said:
I am a bit amazed that some people don't like the new OP.

The only other series I am following is HxH and we have to endure the same opening song for the past 88 episodes. The visuals/animation are just passable too. T____T

But we endure.
I don't see your point here. You endured an opening for 88 episodes so people who don't like the new OP here shouldn't complain unless they did the same? I don't think it should work that way at all. Anyway, they won't drop the series just for that.

I personnally liked the new OP. Episode was good overall, the pacing didn't feel as slow as before. That Zoë is awesome, like her voice.
TynkerJul 15, 2013 7:35 PM
Jul 15, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Just 3 things:

1. The previous OP is better than the new one.
2. Epic Rivaille moment.
3. Just got a mini heart attack because of Hanji.

||
Jul 15, 2013 8:34 PM

Dec 2008
Eren is such a nice guy!
Jul 15, 2013 8:59 PM
Oct 2011
Tinkyourdead said:
I don't see your point here. You endured an opening for 88 episodes so people who don't like the new OP here shouldn't complain unless they did the same? I don't think it should work that way at all. Anyway, they won't drop the series just for that.

My point is that I found OP2 really awesome, albeit not as good as the first one. Then when I browsed for reviews I was really surprised that some people thought it was "meh". Then I realized that the only anime I've been following had been REALLY stingy when it comes to the openings so perhaps my standards simply lowered.

That's what I'm trying to say. I'm not forcing anyone to change their opinions.
chikkychappyJul 16, 2013 12:59 AM
Jul 15, 2013 9:13 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was really boring. I see the trial may be important and all, but it doesn't make it any more exciting, and it took a whole episode.
Like many have said, I don't like the new OP as much, but it's not bad. I also like the previous ED more than this one.

Hopefully next episode we might see some action again, those scenes are the ones that really impress me.

Jul 15, 2013 10:18 PM
Sep 2009
Horrible cacophony in the new op. Hated it.
Jul 15, 2013 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
xtremexx said:
Amarrez said:

Did someone say titans?

thought that was sasha for a sec. I thought she was going to say "You waste food too? you eat humans and then throw them up? ill f**king kill you"

That jerked me out of my boredom and then what followed was just epicness.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jul 15, 2013 11:20 PM

Jun 2008
Saburo-kun said:
This episode was really boring. I see the trial may be important and all, but it doesn't make it any more exciting, and it took a whole episode.
Like many have said, I don't like the new OP as much, but it's not bad. I also like the previous ED more than this one.

Hopefully next episode we might see some action again, those scenes are the ones that really impress me.

Bad news for you, you won't be seeing them anytime soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2013 12:42 AM
Feb 2013
Mystle said:
Just 3 things:

1. The previous OP is better than the new one.

110% agree.
Jul 16, 2013 12:47 AM
Dec 2012
Estherella said:
Saburo-kun said:

at least expect it around 20th ep, and you will get constant action with all the horse-run and titan-chase ahaha
Jul 16, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2012
Previous op is better
Levi is my new favorite character b/c he beat the shit out of Eren. Win in my book.

Jul 16, 2013 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
Raigrex said:
Estherella said:
Saburo-kun said:

at least expect it around 20th ep, and you will get constant action with all the horse-run and titan-chase ahaha

Jul 16, 2013 1:06 AM
Dec 2012
Amarrez said:
Raigrex said:
Estherella said:
Saburo-kun said:

You might want to consider seeing how they stretch out the talking and adding anime-only content in the past episodes which everyone were talking about to fit the end of the season. I doubt they can stretch out the upcoming action which may consume 2-3 chapters per episode instead of normal 1.5 chapter unless they decided to add more anime original action. And I say at least just for a safe bet incase something else happens :P

EDIT: well, maybe my guess is still too much. So, at least around episode 18.
RaigrexJul 16, 2013 1:12 AM
Jul 16, 2013 1:14 AM
Mar 2009
Ehh, still prefer the first OP. But I definitely like this ED compared to the first one.

Lawl, the persecution was so bad. They had the flimsiest of reasons and haphazard "theories." Good god, they were stupid.

Looks like next episode is another character development episode.
Jul 16, 2013 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
Raigrex said:
Amarrez said:
Raigrex said:
Estherella said:
Saburo-kun said:

You might want to consider seeing how they stretch out the talking and adding anime-only content in the past episodes which everyone were talking about to fit the end of the season. I doubt they can stretch out the upcoming action which may consume 2-3 chapters per episode instead of normal 1.5 chapter unless they decided to add more anime original action. And I say at least just for a safe bet incase something else happens :P

EDIT: well, maybe my guess is still too much. So, at least around episode 18.

Jul 16, 2013 1:34 AM

Apr 2009
robertomelchor said:
Eren is such a nice guy!

Uh-huh. Definitely proves that he's more than just a murderous psychopath whose only emotion is anger (well he's definitely angry at most times but that doesn't mean there's no room for other emotions).
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jul 16, 2013 1:47 AM
Dec 2012
Uh-op, is that from official website or something cause I'm not too good with japanese aside from my anime-knowledge xP Guess they wouldn't go with chronological order this time for the flashbacks during those chase and just stick with the manga. Let's hope it's true and the flashbacks later doesn't destroy the pace and induce fan's rage like last time.
Jul 16, 2013 2:07 AM

Mar 2013
(while watchin it, i took notes and stuffs lol )
-I still prefer the 1st OP, btw the opening of this OP song sounds like our graduation song.. lmao seriously But its cool. huh
-OMGG Hanjiiii....titaan maniaaaac <3
-I really want to cry that time levy's beating him into a pulp i just--
want to stop it and close it and eat an ice cream instead and act like i never watched a thing but we all know that he's just doing it just for eren's sake (jk he's really a sadist.. pfffft huehuehue )
-" the pain is the best tool for disicipline" kinda guessing that maybe he had experienced such a thingg in the past :(((
-i always call him "le-vi" before but now its actually "le-vay" pfffft
- i like the ED song hihi
- overall it came out to be a another BADASS EPISODE again and ofc WITH LEVY'S BADASSNESS.BD
Jul 16, 2013 3:27 AM
May 2013
Amarrez said:

Um..unless they changed it.
Jul 16, 2013 4:03 AM

Feb 2012
New OP and ED, well, the OP is very similar to the previous one and the ED is pretty good.
Okay episode too, even though it was arranged beforehand, I bet Levi really enjoyed beating Eren so much lol. I knew he was a sadist the first time he appeared on a screen.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 16, 2013 4:37 AM
May 2012
KingLear said:
New OP and ED, well, the OP is very similar to the previous one and the ED is pretty good.
Okay episode too, even though it was arranged beforehand, I bet Levi really enjoyed beating Eren so much lol. I knew he was a sadist the first time he appeared on a screen.

Yes he is
Jul 16, 2013 5:24 AM
Jul 2013
New OP. Hahaha ill miss the previous one, The "op that you will not simply skip" =)
Jul 16, 2013 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
The new OP lived up to my expectations. (and Mikasa's chest for the win...) I really liked how the production team handled the episode, nice and crisp.

Looking forward to the female titan's appearance.
Jul 16, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2010
I can't stand Hanji's voice
Jul 16, 2013 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Dat kick from Levi.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 16, 2013 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
chikkychappy said:
Tinkyourdead said:

My point is that I found OP2 really awesome, albeit not as good as the first one. Then when I browsed for reviews I was really surprised that some people thought it was "meh". Then I realized that the only anime I've been following had been REALLY stingy when it comes to the openings so perhaps my standards simply lowered.

That's what I'm trying to say. I'm not forcing anyone to change their opinions.
Ooooh I see, I misunderstood :) Well we are two who liked the OP. Maybe it is the general standards here that is too high
Jul 16, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2009
Worse opening but better ending.

Very good episode.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jul 16, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2013
Very good episode.

5/5 :)

I liked this OP too!
Jul 16, 2013 10:20 PM
Jun 2013
Loved the intensity and emotion in this episode, it really made it a fantastic episode for me. Though I like the first opening better than this one
Jul 16, 2013 11:48 PM

Dec 2008
Nice episode. The new op is awesome and the ending too (but the Ho-kago Tea Time ending is better :P)
Jul 17, 2013 4:48 AM

Mar 2012
This one was a little better than the last few monstrosities. At least things occurred without having too much exposition being repeated ad nauseum. I still don't get the "kick the shit out of Eren so that we can trust him" thing... but I guess that's just because I'm not 16 anymore.

Overall I'd say the show took a giant step forward (no pun intended) by actually using tension and pacing to create an effect. The show had become waaaaay too sterile in the last five or six episodes.

I am so glad they didn't have Armin give a rousing speech at full volume...
Let's go bowling.
Jul 17, 2013 4:52 AM

Aug 2011
I could feel they'll start the expedition through seeing the vast grass from the OP.

and at the early OP, Mikasa's grip ftw ! i'm gonna redraw to complete it if i have times :P

**☾**
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.