Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 4, 2014 4:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wang deserved getting slapped, even if it was by an asswipe like Ribbons. Treasonous homicidal back stabber.

I normally don't like OP'ed Gundams, but the Innovators are overpowered themselves so this just evens things up I suppose.

Saji and Louise's story doesn't bother me as much as it does some people, but it takes up too much of the episodes time and is dragging on too long. I hope it get's solved soon (one of them dying, getting together...whatever..just make it happen).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
Ribbons thew a tantrum and slapped Liu Mei. Hah ahaha. (she had it coming this season for playing both sides)

I forgot about that teleport ability.
Aug 15, 2014 12:22 AM

Oct 2013
I dunno what y'all's problem is with the second season hitherto. It took season 1 about eight episodes to get as good as season 2 has been since the very beginning. Maybe some of the stuff that bothers you guys just doesn't get to me, I dunno. I'm cool with the Saji/Louise story and interested in how it's going to be resolved.

For that matter, I almost lost it when she deleted all those photos. It was so realistic, yet so painful to watch. She truly believes Saji was involved in the incident resulting in the death of her parents, and that's just... so... so sad...

Saji punching Setsuna was awesome. I can't say he deserved it necessarily, but... I mean, he did kinda have it coming. That makes no sense, but whatever. Both Saji's and Louise's reactions during this episode were very realistic, and Saji's portrayed some intense character growth. It's weird comparing how he is now to how he was when he was first introduced. Louise has dissolved into a state of narrow-minded revenge like so many other characters in this series, but I can at least say her motivations and responses are more believable than the others'.

Ribbons is a schmuck and needs to just die right now. Unlike everybody else, that scene where he slapped Liu Mei just made it clear to me how much of a schmuck the guy is... and that he needs to just die right now.

The 00's intense power up was also something I really enjoyed, but I enjoy that shounen-esque thing where some character or force shows up and turns all the bad guys into his bitch... kinda like the 00 did in this episode. The Innovators are really beginning to gravel my roads, so here's to the 00 turning all of them into its bitch, too!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 10, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
Okay I've about had it with Saji's whining...
Jul 7, 2016 2:15 PM

Jun 2011
Saji really needs to grow up. He's acting even worse than Setsuna last season, and Setsuna was still a kid back then. He keeps pointing fingers without taking a good look at himself first and he acts like there's only one group in the wrong, when both groups have their hypocrite, bad sides but their good sides as well.

But well, he's a lot less annoying than at the beginning of the show. At least now he realised he was about to make the same mistakes through his rash and thoughtless actions. Who knows, maybe I'll come to like him eventually.
xpaulaJul 7, 2016 2:18 PM
May 14, 2017 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
Sooooo close!!! I swear if Saji actually bailed with the 00 Raiser I would've flipped out so bad. He already pisses me off enough as it is, I would've raged if he did something stupid again. Thank goodness it didn't turn out that way...
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Sep 12, 2018 8:19 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I sympathized with Saji a bit until he punched Setsuna. Yes, Setsuna is not the best speaker around, but I don't give a fk how much you're suffering, you shouldn't punch other people. Unless they REALLY suck (having no morals or idk are a complete dick). Setsuna was trying to "encourage" Saji, obviously he didn't do a good job, but he didn't deserve that punch. I'm just glad he remembered Tieria's words and realized he was going to make the same mistake again. At least he's not an idiot who can't learn from his mistakes. I will cut him some slack given he is highly emotional atm for an understandable reason.

Don't even want to get started on Louise. I do sympathize with what happened to her in season 1, but I also really dislike watching crazy characters. Really.

00-Raizer was crazy though. What kinda power was that??? Unbelievable (not in a bad way).

They're ready to fight again though. It's one fight after another. But this time it's absolutely necessary. Who can stand by and watch innocent people getting killed by such a weapon?
May 7, 2019 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
CottonCandyLover said:
Fai said:
- I see no reason to hate Saji - he is practically what Setsuna was the entire last season. He blieves in certain things, acts rashly and on impulse and thinks that others won't understand him. Setsuna did exactly the same, till the bigger problems forced him to grow up a bit.
Ah, but the difference between the two that made Setsuna superior was the fact that

I don't hate Saji, I actually sympathize with him in this episode, and I agree the emotions were portrayed realistically.

Seriously though, I'm actually not so into emo, wishy-washy guys like Saji, but I can sympathize with him. It's easy to call him annoying, useless and emo. But honestly, how many of us would be able to act cool and collected if we were thrown into the same situation?
Feb 21, 2022 1:49 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty great episode. Louise just can't catch a breath, damn. Also, from the way he fell, I thought Setsuna fucking died when Saji punched him lmao.
Mar 11, 2023 10:04 AM

Jul 2016
I don't even hate Wang but that bitchslap was satisfying.

Love or hate him, Saji's really can't catch a break. Idk why but got a feeling like he's about to snap soon and have nothing else to lose, especially after whatever goes down the next time he meets Louise.
Jan 11, 3:07 AM

Jul 2017
I was one step away from getting angry with Saji but he proved to be very strong by resisting the desire to reach Louise, the scene where she deletes the pictures is so realistic that hurt me, i hope they can return togheter without killing each other.
The slap scene to Wang Liu mei was wild.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

228 by TheSelleri »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.