Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 14, 2013 12:58 PM

Sep 2012
I'm sort of pissed that Ultear died, she was one of my favourite characters. I wanted to see so much more of her. I wonder how Meredy will react.
Jun 14, 2013 1:18 PM
Jun 2013
Forgetfulness said:
kcmofo said:
i just got an account to say this...

to all the people saying mashima doesnt have the balls to kill off characters...have you read Rave Master?

So many characters died in Rave it was a saddd manga, thats why mashima wanted to make FT a "fun", happier manga with no one dying

And Rave is probably one of the greatest mangas out there of all time, IMO

Haven't read Rave Master or whatever, but if that was really the case then he made a dumbass decision to make Fairy Tail a fighting anime. Could have been SoL or something where happiness would be logical, but NOOOOOOO he has to make the MCs get beaten to the ground then magically(no pun intended) come back and beat the enemy. I think anyone would prefer a logical and happy manga rather than a happy manga because of deus ex machina and asspulls everywhere.

i agree that there are many asspulls and the nakama power thing seems stupid and how characters come back to life. however if people read Rave master, they wouldn't think Hiro as a pussy who doesnt kill off characters. i strongly recommend reading Rave, over all its a great story, brought tears to my eyes many times (when all those characters died).

of course its unfair to compare one manga to another as their contents are different...but i think FT is just slow right now because it's released on a weekly basis and can't read the entire story as a whole, whereas for Rave you can read the entire series at once. If FT were a finished series people would probably judge it differently
Jun 14, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2012
ohh its different from whats people says last week(im one of them :D), nice one mashima, hope you dont bring her back to life,. i started to like her during the tournament arc and sad to see her die :(, i bet you cant RIP coz you dont know your 1 min save many.

Those guys who wants mashima to murder characters, your wish come true, mashima kill her..

Jun 14, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
What a shitty chapter,as expected of an author that can't kill off characters. This was so bad and predictable that it's actually kind of sad.
Jun 14, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
I knew that Ultear was going to do something, just from the way Mashiro-san set up that previous chapter. It doesn't make much sense to kill off Gray. -__-

But, I don't think she should have died. She's been such a tragic character from the beginning, just like Jellal. I wish she could have had a better way to redeem herself. T__T
RIP ULTEAR.

I wonder why it was just a minute though? I mean, apparently it was enough to push everything forward for the humans...but I would imagine that there would have been a greater value on Ultear's life.
Jun 14, 2013 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
meh. death doesn't mean shit in this manga. she'll be back later. also, I kinda doubt a battle of this scale being turned around with 1min. of precognition.
Jun 14, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2007
orbbie said:
ROFL we got TROLLED!!
no one died after all
well not everyone.

U think the same. So what happened in the other chapter, About Gray didn't happened. Poor Ultear. At the very end I really thought she be able to go to the past more time.
Jun 14, 2013 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
happysoul said:
TheOneWhoSeek said:
That was predictible as hell, but what's worse now when i see the idea od Ultear's spell I know it could be done in much better way. If only Ultera's sacrifice wasn't suggested so strongly in last 2 episodes and instead even more people would die, her spell would be unexpected and epic. Now it's just "meh"

Keep in mind though, there was a stroke of brilliance (providing it stays, and isn't merely foreshadowing)

She dies not knowing she "saved humanity".

Yes it is best part of this chapter, but think that the effect would by much better if we werent prepared for Ultear's sacrifice from 2 chapters back.

Jun 14, 2013 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
Its expected that she will do something, but she wont die. I know she won't. Gray won't allow it. Just like this, they will do something else to rewind time back, such as the Gate Mechanism.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jun 14, 2013 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
R.I.P Ultear, her ass will be missed.

But seriously, I hope she stays alive somehow, she was my favorite female in this shit after all.
Jun 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2012
Now just watch. Mashima's gonna pull some moment in which Ultear's gonna live through this. It will somehow "make sense" but I feel as if I've seen this before *coughcough*

Warning, spoiler is of a certain other Mashima work, do not click if you don't know what I speak of.
Jun 14, 2013 4:14 PM
Feb 2013
as usual, fairy tail vol. sell was better, i guess japan love a manga w/c involve nakama power( i'm also referring to naruto, bleach, etc
Jun 14, 2013 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
Where is my Juvia rage?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 14, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Gray and the others were NOT worth Ultear's life =_=

If you really think that in this manga someone as big of a character as Ultear will die, you should really check out what manga you were reading again.

This "epic finale" is becoming as painfull as the other big shonen battle mangas finale wars.
Jun 14, 2013 4:31 PM

Mar 2012
This remind me of a film when Nicolas Cage can predict two minute to the future then it turn out that the movia was happen only on his prediction.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 14, 2013 4:36 PM

Dec 2010
MaxY- said:
What a shitty chapter,as expected of an author that can't kill off characters. This was so bad and predictable that it's actually kind of sad.

^
Jun 14, 2013 4:42 PM
Feb 2013
normal, every shounen manga has an asspull power up and plotholes!!!! be optimistic guys!!!"! nothing in this fictional character will benefited in our lives!!!!!! ...... it's a matter of seizing your time and yet you feel genius commenting every single wrong in a manga! !!! as :if your'e the one who made it!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2013 4:55 PM
Apr 2011
No one saved was worth Ultear's life.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 14, 2013 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
Predictable. Though only 1 min? I Lol'd.
Jun 14, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2009
rip Ultear my ass....2-3 chapters from now someone will come and cast resurection-no jutsu on her ass :D

she too hot to die >:]
Jun 14, 2013 6:46 PM
Feb 2013
guys, there were lots of disappointed chapter in a manga , and this is not the worst!!" would you like to know it??? please see the ch 449 of naruto and please tell me what's your reaction and compare it to this one, it was rofl b.s fuck!!!!!!!" but still, it survive!!""
Jun 14, 2013 6:48 PM

May 2011
Well, there goes my favourite female in Fairy Tail since day 1 (heart broken). I guess I could advertise the club I made over a year ago now.

Join the Ultear Milkovich FC!

I'm actually hoping for a FT nakama-troll to save her life. Those fodder she saved weren't worth it.
Jun 14, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2009
anyone els think maybe it only gave her one minute cause thats all of life she had left?
Jun 14, 2013 7:25 PM

Sep 2009
Totally saw this coming. People should know how Mashima writes a story now. It is the same thing every time, even in Rave.

Jun 14, 2013 7:58 PM

May 2011
Ultear Milkovich said:
I've lived... a cursed life... Deceiving and mocking people... Doing with their lives whatever I please...

As a neutral guild, Crime Sorciere was supposed to be my repentance... my second chance...

Yet... I haven't changed a bit...

I'm still a heartless witch who wouldn't think twice about killing someone...

Ultear Milkovich said:
If my life is what it takes to return this world t oits original form...

then so be it.

Arc of time... Last Aegis...!

Ultear Milkovich said:
My life... was only worth... one single minute?

That's not even...

I couldn't even save... a single person...

It hit me harder the second time I read through it.

Kayaba-Jun 14, 2013 8:10 PM
Jun 14, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2011
-Shuda- said:
Ultear Milkovich said:
I've lived... a cursed life... Deceiving and mocking people... Doing with their lives whatever I please...

As a neutral guild, Crime Sorciere was supposed to be my repentance... my second chance...

Yet... I haven't changed a bit...

I'm still a heartless witch who wouldn't think twice about killing someone...

Ultear Milkovich said:
If my life is what it takes to return this world t oits original form...

then so be it.

Ultear Milkovich said:
My life... was only worth... one single minute?

That's not even...

I couldn't even save... a single person...

It hit me harder the second time I read through it.

Join the Ultear Milkovich FC

No.
Jun 14, 2013 8:07 PM

May 2011
FastWheels said:
No.

Way to kill the mood.

Any ways, fair enough. No one is forcing you, but there are people who might want to, right?

I posted my feelings in a legit way since I felt like I didn't get them down properly, and I got the club out there again; 2 targets, one shot.

Good day.
Kayaba-Jun 14, 2013 8:15 PM
Jun 14, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
I am speechless.....
Poor Ultear
What do you mean Gray said " someone" dude she saved you and many more. I hope he knows who it was later.
Jun 14, 2013 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
SHOUNEN HAX TO THE RESCUE!

Oh what?

Gray was supposed to stay dead?

Nah, this is shounen, and Fairy Tail at that.

BS Hax is BS.
Jun 15, 2013 2:40 AM

Jul 2007
Ersatz-God said:
MaxY- said:

^

Quotes like this depress me, because it shows that people have really short memories, considering the damn killcount in Hiro's previous manga and the way people died there, and the reason on why FT exists in the first place.

RAVE.

That's like saying "hey Clamp can't create anything but cute feel-good magical stories"

Forgetfulness said:
kcmofo said:
i just got an account to say this...

to all the people saying mashima doesnt have the balls to kill off characters...have you read Rave Master?

So many characters died in Rave it was a saddd manga, thats why mashima wanted to make FT a "fun", happier manga with no one dying

And Rave is probably one of the greatest mangas out there of all time, IMO

Haven't read Rave Master or whatever, but if that was really the case then he made a dumbass decision to make Fairy Tail a fighting anime. Could have been SoL or something where happiness would be logical, but NOOOOOOO he has to make the MCs get beaten to the ground then magically(no pun intended) come back and beat the enemy. I think anyone would prefer a logical and happy manga rather than a happy manga because of deus ex machina and asspulls everywhere.

WEll you should have paid attention to what was said when FT was announced then.

Its an anti-depression work for him. It is sugary and it is hopeful and its full of happy endings(unlike his previous manga that put him into depression in the first place)

As for Rave. if this was Rave, this situation would have been handled this way:

That's the typical way deaths worked in that manga.

hey at least Ultear did not die
Jun 15, 2013 4:30 AM

Apr 2012
Well... I understand who says that Grey's death (even Droy's etc... <.<) would have raised the manga to a new level, I think that too.
But I just love to much Grey's character that I'd have hated to see him irrevocably dead. And maybe the fact that he saw himself dead maybe will change something in him.

But at least one "important" character is almost dead or is already dead. I feel sad for Ulter. She was trying to redeem herself for her previous life, and she was succeding. And her last sacrifice for "everyone" is proving it.
But to make a character sacrifying for others because she thinks that she is irrecoverable and she's no worth of living is some kinda anti-moralistic. It would have to be "I sacrifice my life because I love you guys, I am indebted to Grey, and I want to save him and everyone, because I am the only one who can do something really useful like turn back time" and not "I want to die and sacrifice myself because I have less worth of living than everyone else so at least... lets do something useful like saving everyone ". I see it like a suicide and it really disturbs me that Ulter was described so weak in her last moment of her life. She would be brave if she still have wanted to live.
And dying believing that your own sacrifice has worth nothing is even more creepy. Because you're thinking to die for redeeming yourself but NO: You thought your life was worthless and now you're dying thinking that even your death is worthless. Really creepy.

Hope someone will recognize her sacrifice.

ps. or maybe she isn't dead yet lol

Jun 15, 2013 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
I thought Mashima was going on a killing spree during the last chapter. It was pretty intense. I'm neutral towards Grey's revival. It'd be fantastic to the plot if someone died from the battle, yet I don't really want Grey to die.
Jun 15, 2013 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
Any chance that Ultear isn't dead yet? Meredy could find her and link with her to buy Cheila some time to heal her or something.

If Ultear would survive you think She could loose all those painful memories of what She did in the past? She already lost her guild mark and scar from old guild mark. Perfect setup for a fresh start at life!
Jun 15, 2013 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
SleepnDreamn said:
Any chance that Ultear isn't dead yet? Meredy could find her and link with her to buy Cheila some time to heal her or something.

If Ultear would survive you think She could loose all those painful memories of what She did in the past? She already lost her guild mark and scar from old guild mark. Perfect setup for a fresh start at life!

Let's hope she's not dead, she will probably be brought back somehow.
Jun 15, 2013 8:16 AM
Jun 2012
I felt really sad when I saw Lyon cry :/
Jun 15, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2013
It was amazing to see Ultear's resolve, after thinking of herself as nothing but a killer she is willing to sacrifice her life for others. Too bad she'll never know the impact of her actions. I'll miss her if she's really 100% dead
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jun 15, 2013 11:54 AM

May 2011
Wow. He didn't even wait one fucking chapter to bring Gray back to life.
Jun 15, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
Marhuto said:
The chapter was predictable; but good nonetheless.

It only took 1 minute to change the future!
RIP Ultear.
You died and no one will know what you did.

So using the Last Ages, requires all of the user's life. Why 1 minute? Did her life only worth 1 minute?

You can't just change the time of a few people. Ultear had to change the time of the world, otherwise everything would be messed up. Naturally one minute of the entire world could suck up an entire human life.
Jun 15, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Predictable but it was still an awesome chapter. 5/5
Jun 15, 2013 3:46 PM
Feb 2013
so hot ultear!!$!! i must say!!!!"
Jun 15, 2013 4:33 PM
Dec 2012
We all knew she was going to do this, but I personally thought it was done really well. None of this "undo everything" nonsense. Just 1 minute - and that was enough to change the outcome of the war.

The reason why she was only able to move time back 1 minute was probably because she had to give up a minute of her life for every minute she gave to everyone else. In other words, 1 minute times the population of the world/universe was used up.

I'm a bit disappointed that she died ('cause she was super hot), but it's too convenient for her to come back alive. Time reversal of 1 minute is okay, but I hope the author doesn't cheapen the sacrifice.
Jun 15, 2013 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
even though it's only 1 minute, but i'm glad it's enough to save gray..

Jun 15, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2010
Well if that wouldn't be considered a deus ex machina, I don't know what would.
Almost sad how predictable it was that something like this was going to happen. THE chapter after things start to turn sour for Fairy Tail. I mean, yes I'm glad Gray's back, but come on. Lame way to play it out, in my opinion.
Jun 15, 2013 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
wth man, what kind of chapter was that, why did Ultear death seem fast as hell? I'm still waiting for Jellal to die and be resurrected again.
Jun 15, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
LOL fuck, I knew I'd get shounen trolled.
Jun 15, 2013 11:57 PM

May 2010
NOOOOOOOOO ULTEAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 16, 2013 3:29 AM

Feb 2012
Well, It just sucks.

Ultear is DEAD. One of FT's potential trump card is gone. What a horrible chapter. Wasted Ultear's character for almost nothing. Wasted almost a fourth of supposedly FT's combined potential power.

I'm Done, I'm Quitting This Manga for awhile unless Ultear is revived. My Favorite Character is gone so it's useless to continue.
Jun 16, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2011
Hmm seems a bit unfair she died just like that, without anyone even knowing, yet anyway.. Is 1 minute really able to do all that anyway? What are the odds all the life changing things happened over that minute? Also if it was all of time that changed, surely the dragons experienced it too? Then the advantage of seeing their movements to start a counter-attack is a bit odd.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 16, 2013 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
The simplicity of this storytelling, I can't take it anymore. Like someone else mentioned, knowing Mashima (when it comes to FT) + the amount of times that he screwed up a potentially interesting change of events already: it's probably unlikely that Ultear is going to die. She's supposed to but she won't, and in the end she'll rediscover the purpose of her life after listening to an incredible and totally original speech about how she's considered to be a real friend by the FT gang.

Everyone dies within the same minute without Ultear knowing that something like that just happened. Ofcourse, she uses her spell to rewind time at the exact same moment. What are the chances of that? I don't care about people not dying, this is a feel-good Shounen after all, but all of these events have so much more potential, and I would love to experience FT again as I did in the beginning.

The only reason I keep reading FT is because I cannot believe that Mashima keeps pulling off the same crap over and over again. I keep being convinced that he has to realize this himself and do something awesome and unpredictable next time. As I've told myself a thousand times already: maybe next time?

EDIT: One more thing to avoid confusion. Don't get me wrong when I mentioned the simplicity of the storytelling. I like the 1-minute theory, about how something small like that can change the entire outcome, I just feel like the design of this message was awfully, forcefully rushed.
_McHJun 16, 2013 4:49 PM
Jun 16, 2013 6:28 PM

Jun 2012
Really...
They kill off one of the only girls I've fapped to consecutively throughout every chapter she appeared.

Reallly?

Well, atleast she saved Macao, really like that guy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 295 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Aug 17, 2012

96 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 283 Discussion ( 1 2 )

azeriraz - May 18, 2012

60 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 545 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

animefan8800 - Jul 21, 2017

235 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 20, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Jul 13, 2017

98 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 543 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 7, 2017

40 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.