Forum Settings
Forums

What is the worst anime you ever watched, and why?

New
Pages (141) « First ... « 110 111 [112] 113 114 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2013 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
doxinator said:
Bakemonogatari.
School days
All MECHA

You watched like two Mecha anime
Code Geass and Code Geass R2
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 3, 2013 1:02 PM

May 2013
Probaly Ixion Saga DT
Jun 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Oct 2012
School Days mostly like everyone else. At first I thought it was just a normal slice of life romance and then it got into the two timing and then it just.. Yeah.. I don't really think I need to explain anything for this one.
Jun 6, 2013 2:05 AM

Jun 2013
oretachi ni tsubasa
mayoi neko overrun :(
Jun 6, 2013 2:34 AM

Sep 2012
Tomb of dracula.Seriously after watching this in english dub I think mars of destruction is OK.Plot itself is laughable where dracula steals the wife of satan.
Jun 6, 2013 6:33 PM
Apr 2013
Oreshura,School Days,Higurashi When They Cry,Zero No Tsukaima
Jun 6, 2013 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Tomb of dracula.Seriously after watching this in english dub I think mars of destruction is OK.Plot itself is laughable where dracula steals the wife of satan.

Gotta love the Burger part.
Jun 6, 2013 11:15 PM
May 2013
darkvoltage said:
Aokaado said:[/b said:
Busou Renkin =D</div>

argh its really good anime, sure it may seem stupid in the beginning. but it gets better.

agree
Jun 19, 2013 10:20 AM
Mar 2013
Seikon no qwaser is the worst series i have ever watched IMO
Jun 19, 2013 10:43 AM

Jun 2013
Firechick12012 said:
My Anime Club at college showed some bad anime, but only the first episodes, so I won't count them. The one show that I DID complete that I consider the worst thing I've seen is Chuunibyo. I know some people like it, and if you like it more power to you, but I just simply hate the fact that it takes the subject of children escaping reality through delusional fantasies and portrays it in an insensitively comedic matter...and what baffles me are the bystanders' reactions (or general lack thereof) to those kids acting too much in fantasy. I mean, it's okay to pretend to be something when you're alone or with friends for laughs, but...to do it every single day? In school? In public places? All the freaking time? To the point where it consumes their everyday lives entirely? Who are these people?
I prefer calling it "Autistic (or Schizophrenic) Pirate Girl Adventures with Friends". My real gripe with the show that it's basically saying growing up is boring and you shouldn't have fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2013 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
I have three way tie.

One Piece
-Plot is your typical good guys vs. bad guys cliche fest.
-Characters are generic Shounen cut outs and I found them very annoying.
-The humor is ill timed and cringe worthy.
-Art style makes my eyes bleed in pain and the animation isn't anything special.
-Voice acting is borderline retarded, at least for the english dub.
-The legion of autistic/aspergers stricken fanboys are among the worse of any fandom. Not saying all fans are like that but a lot are.
-Goes on for 500+ episodes.

This is more of a personal dislike as any of the other "Big 3" or other mindless Shounen are arguably just as bad, but this one just hits on all the wrong notes for me. The only thing I could say remotely positive about One Piece is that the pirate theme is interesting and somewhat unique, but that's about it. Not to mention that One Piece is the reason why I gave up on Shounen for the most part.

Dance in the Vampire's Bund
-Story, characters, and well... everything in the show is just a poor excuse to have naked loli fanservice to appease pedophiles.

The thing that pissed me off the most about this one was that story took itself way too seriously for being just there to set up more loli shit.

Majikoi: Oh! Samurai Girls
-Mindless fanservice of the most generic variety.

I know what you're thinking, "It's an Ecchi, what do you expect?", but this show is so painful to watch I only got two episodes into it before I had to tap out. This is coming from someone who generally gives Ecchi shows slack since they're not story oriented but it was still bad enough for me have this much disdain for it if that tells you something. The story was abysmal, characters were abysmal, art style was nothing special and very generic, and the voice acting made me want to ram an ice pick through my ear.
ShrabsterJun 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 19, 2013 12:15 PM
Jun 2013
Sonic X the retard "plot" and stupid characters made it unbarable to watch (and that was the subbed version).
Jun 19, 2013 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
Other than Mars of Destruction, I have to say Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I can't really understand its rating since there is nothing really great about this show. The plot isn't moving forward, the characters aren't developing and some story approaches which would have the potential to turn the anime into something at least a bit interesting are abolished after, like, one episode.
The only positive thing I can say about TnK is the premise but the execution is just so bad.
Jun 19, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
Shrabster said:
I have three way tie.

One Piece
-Plot is your typical good guys vs. bad guys cliche fest.
-Characters are generic Shounen cut outs and I found them very annoying.
-The humor is ill timed and cringe worthy.
-Voice acting is borderline retarded.
-Art style makes my eyes bleed in pain and the animation isn't anything special.
-Voice acting is borderline retarded, at least for the english dub.
-The legion of autistic/aspergers stricken fanboys are among the worse of any fandom. Not saying all fans are like that but a lot are.
-Goes on for 500+ episodes.

This is more of a personal dislike as any of the other "Big 3" or other mindless Shounen are arguably just as bad, but this one just hits on all the wrong notes for me. The only thing I could say remotely positive about One Piece is that the pirate theme is interesting and somewhat unique, but that's about it. Not to mention that One Piece is the reason why I gave up on Shounen for the most part.

Dance in the Vampire's Bund
-Story, characters, and well... everything in the show is just a poor excuse to have naked loli fanservice to appease pedophiles.

The thing that pissed me off the most about this one was that story took itself way too seriously for being just there to set up more loli shit.

I know what you're thinking, "It's an Ecchi, what do you expect?", but this show is so painful to watch I only got two episodes into it before I had to tap out. This is coming from someone who generally gives Ecchi shows slack since they're not story oriented but it was still bad enough for me have this much disdain for it if that tells you something. The story was abysmal, characters were abysmal, art style was nothing special and very generic, and the voice acting made me want to ram an ice pick through my ear.

wow talking about the most original and entertaning shounen out off all of them that way i can't take you seriously
as for me while i wanna say mars of destruction that was short
it was either narutaru or psycho pass,both were boring,dull characters and had a lame plot
Jun 19, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
renders said:
wow talking about the most original and entertaning shounen out off all of them that way i can't take you seriously

That's a shame, because it was one of the few times I was actually being serious.

Jun 19, 2013 3:03 PM
Jun 2013
To aru majutsu no index
there was too much explaining and everytime a fight is about to happen u should wait like 6 min till they finish threateing each other.......and yeah nothing is happening to Index i always wanted her to use her 103,000 books magic but NO,she just stay home doing nothing
Jun 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Feb 2010
Danaxme said:
To aru majutsu no index
there was too much explaining and everytime a fight is about to happen u should wait like 6 min till they finish threateing each other.......and yeah nothing is happening to Index i always wanted her to use her 103,000 books magic but NO,she just stay home doing nothing

she does use it its call the novel and season 2 and near the end of season 1.

oh ya and pendex mode that was like what the first couple episodes of season 1

did you really watch it?

as for me i would have to say naurto

usless female main check
anoying emo kid that thinks of nothing but his past check
fillers check
wast of what could have been a good plot line check
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 19, 2013 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
LordIkage said:
Sonic X the retard "plot" and stupid characters made it unbarable to watch (and that was the subbed version).

I'm afraid to watch this again.
Sorry childhood, you're going to have to wait.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 19, 2013 4:05 PM

May 2013
DarkLaila said:

zero no zukaima...boring predictable plot.
!
That show just pissed me off to no end. They brought up a few interesting plot points which the would have made the story interesting (i.e. The whole thing with the peasants being abused by the noble) but just went nothing with them. Also, the main characters are annoying.
I watch dubs
Jun 19, 2013 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
Shrabster said:

Blame it to the director. The VN is more slice of life oriented about the daily life of the Kazama family and not too fanservice. VN also isn't harem more of love triangle with one of the side always Miyako. The anime add many fanservice part that nonexistence in VN. More or less it was bad adaptation in my eyes.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 19, 2013 4:19 PM

Sep 2012
Firechick12012 said:
My Anime Club at college showed some bad anime, but only the first episodes, so I won't count them. The one show that I DID complete that I consider the worst thing I've seen is Chuunibyo. I know some people like it, and if you like it more power to you, but I just simply hate the fact that it takes the subject of children escaping reality through delusional fantasies and portrays it in an insensitively comedic matter...and what baffles me are the bystanders' reactions (or general lack thereof) to those kids acting too much in fantasy. I mean, it's okay to pretend to be something when you're alone or with friends for laughs, but...to do it every single day? In school? In public places? All the freaking time? To the point where it consumes their everyday lives entirely? Who are these people?
Haha I wouldn't call it the worst ever, but I can't help agreeing with you here.

What irked me about the show, was that it presented these delusions as the solution to their problems. Instead of developing these characters, they regressed. The message was "just be yourself".. as they pretended to be people other than themselves. It made no sense and was contradictory.

It is a coming of age story.. where the characters regress in maturity and sanity. And it's supposed to be a happy ending.
Jun 20, 2013 2:06 AM
Jun 2013
This is not a typo the wort anime in my opinion is called "C"
Jun 20, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
Chaos; Head seriously that anime needs a darn remake the MC is the most pathetic MC you will ever see and the animation is darn bad although the story is interesting enough for me to wish for a remake
Jun 20, 2013 12:14 PM

Oct 2012
I have a problem with trying to decide on the worst, because I always feel there is something worse out there.

Jun 30, 2013 12:58 PM
Apr 2013
Pokemon, Yugioh, Digimon etc. It's lame shit like that which gives anime a bad name.
Jun 30, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2010
Honestly, all around its aku no hana.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jun 30, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
Pokemon, especially the recent seasons (characters annoying, repetitive plot, etc)
Jun 30, 2013 1:21 PM

Feb 2013
Up until now, the worst one would probably be Najica blitz tactics! or Weiß survive. The first one had to much fanservice. Panty shots every 10 sec literally as for the other one, hm... I'll be plain, to short and retarded.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
School Days. Enough said.
Jun 30, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2012
Gosick Because
Jun 30, 2013 2:47 PM
Jun 2013
I haven't really watched any that I would call bad. I watched the last episode of school days but I don't think that counts. I also watched a few minutes of boku no pico so that one would probably be the worst if I had watched all of it.

I really would probably have to go as far as to say it was probably the original FMA anime. Now don't get me wrong, I really liked FMA brotherhood but since they ran out of manga to adapt in the middle of it, the rest was just bad. Not horrible but since I haven't really seen anything that would be worse, it'd probably be that.
Jun 30, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Changing my choice from Jyu oh Sei to Suisei no Gargantia (still only regarding completed ones I bothered putting on my list of course). It wasn't just bad either, it was a massive disappointment because it started out fairly promising.
Jun 30, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2009
Don't know what i said last time, but I'm now going with Queen's Blade season one because it is incredibly boring. Made it through seven episodes and I don't really care about seeing the rest of the season.

Jun 30, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2012
pufss said:
Gosick Because

Jun 30, 2013 5:53 PM

Dec 2012
Mars Of Destruction, lowest rated anime on MAL and I can see why. Still enjoyed watching it though.
Never forget! Don't believe in you who believes in me, don't believe in me who believes in you, believe in you...who believes in yourself!
Jun 30, 2013 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
Vampire Knight - Slow, practically nothing happens, terrible characters
Black Butler - A big gigantic mess with stupid fillers
Jun 30, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
the worst anime I watched so far was Dengeki Oshioki Musume Gootaman. I don't even know why I bothered to finish watching it. it was some time ago, so I can't remenber exactly what was it about, but what I can clearly remember is that meaningless weird not sufficiently funny stuff happened all the time.
Jun 30, 2013 7:55 PM
Jan 2012
There isn't really one because if I think it's bad, I stop watching it. If I had to tell you my least favorite of the ones I finished, it would be Kaze no Stigma. ZERO thrill, main character shreds everyone to bits, only finished it because my pride was on the line, I always finish what I start!
Jun 30, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2012
Kanokon anyone? LOL
Jun 30, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2012
Aiyeris said:
There isn't really one because if I think it's bad, I stop watching it. If I had to tell you my least favorite of the ones I finished, it would be Kaze no Stigma. ZERO thrill, main character shreds everyone to bits, only finished it because my pride was on the line, I always finish what I start!
You should re-read your post. Because you contradicted yourself.
Jun 30, 2013 8:00 PM
Jan 2012
Red_Keys said:
Aiyeris said:
You should re-read your post. Because you contradicted yourself.

I thought so too, but then I reread it and realized that I wasn't. To explain, I said that I don't finish an anime if it's bad, so I don't have a "worst" anime, but if I had to list an anime that I finished that I didn't like, it would be Kaze no Stigma." I know it's complicated, but I don't care.
Jun 30, 2013 8:12 PM

Jul 2011
Hidden_Joker said:
Kanokon anyone? LOL

yeah that shit
Jun 30, 2013 8:16 PM
Jun 2013
The worst... I don't know, maybe Bo Bo Bo Bo Bobo Bo? <-- probably too long/too short.

I really didn't enjoy the stupidity of it all, though if you wanted to have something for background noise, it was perfect.
Jul 1, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
Sword art online
Jul 1, 2013 3:38 AM

Feb 2013
IIII said:
Sword art online

Jul 1, 2013 4:24 AM

Mar 2013
Pokemon best wishes
I hate that Ash became a noob once again. 10 years of character development just thrown away. I found it so disgusting that the company would do that, at least let Ash win the championship and then start with a new character.
Jul 1, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
jimmykudo3000 said:
Honestly, all around its aku no hana.
SilaChiin said:
School Days. Enough said.

Bad taste.

SAO is definitely the worst so far. It was the epitome of everything I hate in anime.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 1, 2013 4:48 AM

Jun 2013
Naruto, because I was really ****ing stupid when I was 12!
Jul 1, 2013 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
I don't really get the question.

The worst anime I watched or the anime I hated the most?

because I differentiate the two. I think things like Mars of Destruction are really fucking bad and probably the one of the worst anime I've ever seen.

Or Cardfight!! Vanguard. That was also really fucking terrible.

But there are shows that I just hate while I think they have some positive things to offer non the less.

Those would be:

FLCL - I really hate Imaishis style and his work. It's too western, too cartooy, too random and stupid.
But FLCL was this "great show" my friends told me when I wasn't too much into anime. After I've seen this I was really pissed wasting my time on such a brainless anime.

Elfen Lied - Not only one of the most overrated shows in anime history, but also terrible in it's themes.
I hate the unnecessary violence and gore, the atrocious artstyle and character designs and the overall pretentiousness of the show.
It's not deep, it didn't do anything groundbreaking and it has shitty production values. Only the music is good.

It's just babbys first violent anime.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - I had high hopes for this. But I was disappointed greatly.
It had no consistent story that I expected but only a bunch of random sketches. Sure it was social commentary but it didn't tell me anything new or interesting, and the presentation was just as retarded and random as FLCL. The only difference was how damn boring it was. I was never so bored watching an anime.

Kara no Kyoukai - I had high hopes for this as well. My Judgement is still on hold since I've only seen half of the first movie. But man that was the most pretentious anime I've ever seen. Also pretty dull to watch.
Great art and soundtrack though.
Horrible plastic characters, messy plot and obnoxious dialogues.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 2, 2013 12:07 AM
Sep 2009
Sword for Truth-- It is among the most incompetent things I've seen in my entire life. The animation is terrible, the art is fucking ugly; it clearly had a low budget but I can't think of a worst waste of money (as far as anime). The plot is a generic feudal Japan samurai action, with terrible twists that are largely irrelevant, and incomplete. So little effort was put into this thing, I don't know why they even bothered to make it.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Pages (141) « First ... « 110 111 [112] 113 114 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Would you date an anime girl even if she ate her rice grains one at a time?

ItsXolo - Yesterday

11 by MasterTasuke »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your first impression of LOLI?

Jackieee12312312 - 5 hours ago

20 by KayKimii »»
5 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 3 )

Deathlydash - Sep 19

103 by ColourWheel »»
29 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024?

thewiru - Yesterday

48 by Shizuna »»
34 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

652 by RuRivulet »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.