Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the season 2012-13

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
spyrocoot said:
Mkayyy said:
Dude many people block and all Muller did was stand there, he didn't push nor did he forcefully stop the defender.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He clearly obstructed the player - it wasn't as if Müller was just standing there and couldn't do anything. It was a clear foul, and goal should've been disallowed.

I understand what you're saying and at first I thought yep it's a foul but if you think about it anyone can be stood anywhere and there isn't any way of proving that it's on intent, even though Muller probably did doit with intent there is still nothing wrong with it since he didn't push nor move left and right as to stop the defender he just moved there and stood still. Even if it's a foul it's clever and i'd praise Muller for it rather than give him stick. The linesman had a clear view of what happened too so surely he would have done something?
Apr 23, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2010
Mkayyy said:
spyrocoot said:
Mkayyy said:
Dude many people block and all Muller did was stand there, he didn't push nor did he forcefully stop the defender.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He clearly obstructed the player - it wasn't as if Müller was just standing there and couldn't do anything. It was a clear foul, and goal should've been disallowed.

I understand what you're saying and at first I thought yep it's a foul but if you think about it anyone can be stood anywhere and there isn't any way of proving that it's on intent, even though Muller probably did doit with intent there is still nothing wrong with it since he didn't push nor move left and right as to stop the defender he just moved there and stood still. Even if it's a foul it's clever and i'd praise Muller for it rather than give him stick. The linesman had a clear view of what happened too so surely he would have done something?

Firstly, there are restrictions as to where you can stand. Robben wouldn't be allowed to receive a pass from a midfielder if he was beyond the last defender, for example. I'm sorry if I sound patronising here, but this is just to show that a player isn't allowed to be stood anywhere on the pitch.

Secondly, as I stated in my earlier post, Müller wasn't simply standing. He backed into Alba, so there was no possible way that Alba could get a challenge in. He is obstructing the player, which is a foul. Therefore, the goal shouldn't stand. Many pundits (Gareth Southgate, Lee Dixon) are in agreement with this. However, I agree with you that what Müller did was clever. It is against the rules, but it did allow Munich to go 3 - 0 up.

Thirdly, intent is a difficult thing to prove, but it looked like the intent was there. I've seen many replays from different angles, and in every angle, it looks like Müller can see where Alba is heading and is moving in that direction to cut him off.

In regards to the linesmen, it really is shocking. This isn't the first time in the Champions League where there have been controversial (or to be frank, dead wrong) decisions. Man City/Alax? Shakhtar/Noordsjaeland? Real Madrid/United? Dortmund/Malaga? You'd think that the officials for games of this size would be competent at their job, but apparently not.
Apr 23, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2012
spyrocoot said:
Mkayyy said:
spyrocoot said:
Mkayyy said:

Firstly, there are restrictions as to where you can stand. Robben wouldn't be allowed to receive a pass from a midfielder if he was beyond the last defender, for example. I'm sorry if I sound patronising here, but this is just to show that a player isn't allowed to be stood anywhere on the pitch.

Secondly, as I stated in my earlier post, Müller wasn't simply standing. He backed into Alba, so there was no possible way that Alba could get a challenge in. He is obstructing the player, which is a foul. Therefore, the goal shouldn't stand. Many pundits (Gareth Southgate, Lee Dixon) are in agreement with this. However, I agree with you that what Müller did was clever. It is against the rules, but it did allow Munich to go 3 - 0 up.

Thirdly, intent is a difficult thing to prove, but it looked like the intent was there. I've seen many replays from different angles, and in every angle, it looks like Müller can see where Alba is heading and is moving in that direction to cut him off.

In regards to the linesmen, it really is shocking. This isn't the first time in the Champions League where there have been controversial (or to be frank, dead wrong) decisions. Man City/Alax? Shakhtar/Noordsjaeland? Real Madrid/United? Dortmund/Malaga? You'd think that the officials for games of this size would be competent at their job, but apparently not.
LMAO I don't need you to teach me offside. You clearly knew what I meant and yet you're taking it the wrong way and teaching me something in which you most likely knew I know of already.

I only watched it once, if you're saying that he backed into Alba then fair enough maybe it was a foul. Nonetheless it was a really clever move.

It could also be seen as if that Muller was going to support Robben on the right. Since he sees that Robben doesn't need support he stops... And obviously he did stop in front of Alba, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that Muller was planning to run all the way to Alba just to stand in front of him. Though only Muller knows what he was thinking at the time so yeah it's pretty pointless to debate that.

Not gonna bother saying anything to do with refs because I think that technology should be allowed in football but that would just slow the gameplay down. :(
Apr 23, 2013 10:35 PM

Apr 2011
Yasaquerai said:
Bayern has really made the champions league uninteresting with their dominance.

They've just done what Barca has been doing for so long. Just without the referees.
Apr 24, 2013 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
Yasaquerai said:
Bayern has really made the champions league uninteresting with their dominance. Not to mention that they have now killed one of the horses in the 2 horse race that was Bundesliga.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge either of those competitions...
Apr 24, 2013 4:48 AM

Mar 2012
Yasaquerai said:
Not to mention that they have now killed one of the horses in the 2 horse race that was Bundesliga every league.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 24, 2013 4:57 AM

Dec 2012
LOLOLOL suck it Barca about fucking time.
Apr 24, 2013 11:27 AM

Apr 2011
So, little over 15 minutes left till the start of Dortmund vs Madrid. Any predictions? Here's mine:

I'm predicting a whole load of boos for Gotze and a couple of goals for each side, making for a Real Madrid win. As for the score, I'll say 1-3 for Madrid, with Ronaldo scoring at least one.
Apr 24, 2013 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
This game is going to be really awkward.
Apr 24, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2008
Ah man maybe, maybe they should have had a penalty and Madrid go straight down the other end and score, happens every time, right before half time as well.
Apr 24, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2009
What a horrible, horrible mistake by Hummels. He had a complete blackout there. Also that wasn't a penalty imo.
Apr 24, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
Dortmund played brilliantly in the first 10 or so minutes, but then simply went to sleep. The equaliser was coming and I don't think that was a penalty either. Rues went down far too easily for me. Also, Dortmund aren't booing Gotze. Who would've guessed? And congratulations for Ronaldo for making history and I'm sure he's gonna continue doing so this campaign.
Apr 24, 2013 12:35 PM

May 2012
Don't think it was a penalty.
Loving Reus's confidence to run at the Real defence.
It seems to me Dortmund have been hoofing the ball upfield a lot, don't know if they have it planned or what.
Apr 24, 2013 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
Lewandoski = Fuckin' animal
Apr 24, 2013 1:01 PM

May 2012
WOW. Lewandowski is too sick!
MkayApr 24, 2013 1:46 PM
Apr 24, 2013 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
BREAKING: Bayern to sign Lewandowski after activating the release clause!
Apr 24, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2012
Omg i'm enjoying this too much.
Apr 24, 2013 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
levandowski 4

GERMANY 8 - 1 SPAIN
Apr 24, 2013 1:40 PM

Apr 2011
Well, that escalated quickly. I guess all-German final it is, then. Total buzzkill for the return legs. Though can someone tell me why Mourinho refuses to play Cassillas? D Lopez is good, but he is no Cassillas.
Apr 24, 2013 1:43 PM
Mar 2012
Serious?

Whaaaat, german teams are far too good. I think it has already been decided. A 4-1, and Lewandowski (no Levandowski, or Lewondowski), holy shit, 4?! That is crazy, in a semi-final, 4 goals?!

/too shocked to make a good post
Apr 24, 2013 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
So Dortmund destroys Madrid. Whoda thought? Real played awful, pathetic performance. As much as I can't stand Lewandowski, he is a great striker.

Looks like it will be Bayern vs. Dortmund in London. I swear, if we lose another final, against Dortmund of all clubs, I'll commit suicide.
Apr 24, 2013 1:47 PM

May 2012
Hope Dortmund can win this champions league, would be a great upset. :D
Apr 24, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2011
grandy_UiD said:
So Dortmund destorys Madrid. Whoda thought? Real played awful, pathetic performance. As much as I can't stand Lewandowski, he is a great striker.

Looks like it will be Bayern vs. Dortmund in London. I swear, if we lose another fina,l against Dortmund of all clubs, I'll commit suicide.

Nah, I don't think Bayern's gonna lose this time. They're just too good this season.
Apr 24, 2013 1:50 PM
Mar 2012
grandy_UiD said:
So Dortmund destroys Madrid. Whoda thought? Real played awful, pathetic performance. As much as I can't stand Lewandowski, he is a great striker.

Looks like it will be Bayern vs. Dortmund in London. I swear, if we lose another final, against Dortmund of all clubs, I'll commit suicide.

Bayern - Dortmund is going to be crazy, also really hard to call, even though Bayern have been mighty in the Bundesliga, it has been said that Dortmund wanted to focus on the CL this year, so who knows what will happen in a final. I can see anything happening. Like Mkayyyy said, a Dortmund victory would be huge though.
Apr 24, 2013 1:51 PM

May 2012
Although I'd like Dortmund to win it all, I still think that Bayern is the more solid side (from the games yesterday and today).

Real Madrid's starting 11: £345m. Dortmund's starting 11: £29m.
Apr 24, 2013 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Great football at final. Thank god.
Apr 24, 2013 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
Mother of God... Lewandowski really put himself on the radar with that performance. Strong, excellent touch and great finishing, and only 24! I've heard he's going to Bayern Munich after his release clause had been activated? That sucks for Dortmund, it really does.

I can't see either Barca or Real coming back from this. Mourinho refusing to play Cassillas is just sheer stupidity.

Also, I love Jurgen Klopp. Great manager and an amazing personality. Dortmund to win Champions League!
spyrocootApr 24, 2013 2:16 PM
Apr 24, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2012
Lewandowski FTW!!!
Apr 24, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
Just finished watching the game (recorded it because I was out of town). Legendowski's third goal was absolutely delicious. Penalty was soft. Both teams were pretty sloppy, but Dortmund less so. Dortmund outworked Madrid ten fold.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 25, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Well, that escalated quickly. I guess all-German final it is, then. Total buzzkill for the return legs. Though can someone tell me why Mourinho refuses to play Cassillas? D Lopez is good, but he is no Cassillas.

Lopez was the best player from Madrid yesterday. I really don't think Casillas would have done better in this match.
Apr 25, 2013 9:31 AM

May 2008
Woah why is everyone writing Madrid off? To get through they had to win 3-0 which at home is more than doable. It will be tough but with Ronaldo and Jose they have a better chance of going through than Barca do.
Apr 25, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2012
Nabi123 said:
Woah why is everyone writing Madrid off? To get through they had to win 3-0 which at home is more than doable. It will be tough but with Ronaldo and Jose they have a better chance of going through than Barca do.
I agree that it's doable (and far more likely than Barca going through), but I still don't see it happening. With Dortmund's clinical finishing, I don't think they will be kept off of the scoreboard (even if the number of chances they get are largely reduced). Can Real put 4-5 goals away on such a hardworking Dortmund defense, who will be energized by that win? I don't think so, but we'll see.
JoshApr 25, 2013 10:08 AM
LoneWolf said:
Apr 25, 2013 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
Apr 25, 2013 7:20 PM
May 2010
spyrocoot said:
Mother of God... Lewandowski really put himself on the radar with that performance. Strong, excellent touch and great finishing, and only 24! I've heard he's going to Bayern Munich after his release clause had been activated? That sucks for Dortmund, it really does.

I can't see either Barca or Real coming back from this. Mourinho refusing to play Cassillas is just sheer stupidity.

Also, I love Jurgen Klopp. Great manager and an amazing personality. Dortmund to win Champions League!

Lewandowski doesn't have a release clause in his contract. BVB are trying to keep him, honestly it would be better if he stayed at BVB. BVB offers champions league football, and this year, they're probably going to the final, few teams can do that, probably not Man U. Only $$ can pry Lewy away. Plus Lewy would have to compete w/Mandzukic, Gomez, Pizarro. I don't think Bayern really need another striker. Lewy is 1st choice at BVB, will get more playing time. It's just the wage structure at BVB is the big problem.
Apr 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Jul 2011
natssuu said:

Lol, go Bayern.
Apr 26, 2013 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
Apr 26, 2013 12:16 AM

Jun 2009
^
|
haha that one is brilliant
Apr 26, 2013 12:24 AM

Jan 2013
I'm really happy with these results. The amount of la Liga bandwagoners really annoy me.
Hopefully, Spanish teams getting smashed by other European teams will stop this ridiculous trend.
Apr 26, 2013 11:40 AM

Oct 2012
Apr 26, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
natssuu said:
Live bars right? God dam funny.
Apr 26, 2013 11:20 PM
Apr 2013
If Bayern get Lewandowski after getting Gotze I'll be crushed.
Apr 27, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2011
Both will win the game on tuesday and wednesday. One game isn't everything, Look at how much the clubs have won these last seasons and you'll see that no one can dethrone Barcelona.
Apr 27, 2013 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
Decee said:
Both will win the game on tuesday and wednesday. One game isn't everything, Look at how much the clubs have won these last seasons and you'll see that no one can dethrone Barcelona.

Yeah, because Barca are going to be able to score 5 goals against Bayern without conceding even one. However, Real only have to score 3, so they have a much better chance.
Apr 28, 2013 2:08 AM

Nov 2012
spyrocoot said:
Decee said:

Yeah, because Barca are going to be able to score 5 goals against Bayern without conceding even one. However, Real only have to score 3, so they have a much better chance.

They have a better chance but if Dortmund just get one, which is a strong possibility, then the tie will be over.
Our space is unlimited.
My download speed is not. :(
Apr 28, 2013 2:39 AM

Oct 2012
Apr 28, 2013 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
I understand all the hating on Pepe, but i hate Suarez the most.
Apr 28, 2013 3:30 AM

Jun 2009
johnyjohny said:

Well, I don't. Did I miss something? (apart from the fact he plays for Real which already makes him kinda not likeable)
Apr 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
grandy_UiD said:
johnyjohny said:

Well, I don't. Did I miss something? (apart from the fact he plays for Real which already makes him kinda not likeable)

He bit Ivanovic. Being a Liverpool fan, I've always defended him. Not this time, though. Though FA's decision making is really questionable. Defoe got a yellow card for biting Mascherano some time ago and Suarez gets a 10 match ban. Apparently, they didn't take his earlier actions, i.e. the racism thing with Evra and him biting someone while being in Ajax, either. They decided this punishment as a stand alone act on the Ivanovic incident.
Apr 30, 2013 5:02 AM

Apr 2011
So, the first return leg tonight. Anyone think Madrid can overturn the deficit? It's possible, three goals isn't much, after all. The only problem is, their opponents are Dortmund. It's gonna be difficult, but Madrid could just make it, if they start with Cassillas and Kaka that is. I'd like to see Ronaldo score at least two, maybe a hat-trick, just to piss off my Barca loving friend.
Apr 30, 2013 5:27 AM

Nov 2012
yhunata said:
So, the first return leg tonight. Anyone think Madrid can overturn the deficit? It's possible, three goals isn't much, after all. The only problem is, their opponents are Dortmund. It's gonna be difficult, but Madrid could just make it, if they start with Cassillas and Kaka that is. I'd like to see Ronaldo score at least two, maybe a hat-trick, just to piss off my Barca loving friend.
Well every thing is possible in soccer. IFthey have the support and of course lots of luck it is not impossible. Barca is out though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.