Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2013 4:28 AM

Oct 2012
You've just made my day. I'm glad to hear this ^^
Mar 31, 2013 4:34 AM

Jan 2012
Prefer a remake. Hope the second season will be more mature and dark.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Mar 31, 2013 4:43 AM
Mar 2012
This news should have come out tomorrow, I think it would fit more.
Mar 31, 2013 4:44 AM

Nov 2008
Sounds right. Twenty-five episodes seemed too short.
Mar 31, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2011
sayami said:
I don't know what to think of this.... I don't want a second season after butchering the story so much I don't think this is a good idea.

same here
Mar 31, 2013 4:58 AM

May 2009
Hurray
Mar 31, 2013 5:02 AM

Feb 2008
I'm maybe less influenced because I haven't read the manga yet but I'm enjoying the first season. So I can't wait to watch the second one ^^
Mar 31, 2013 5:02 AM
Oct 2011
Someone tell me this is April Fool's joke. I mean, messing up EVERY SINGLE ARC and making an original ending, and animating with a budget of a SoL anime, why on earth would they animate further than what they fucked up? *sigh*

If that's true, then not interested either way. Messing up the war is something I don't want to see. Balbadd, one of the best shounen arcs I've ever read, turned into one big cluster-fuck, now they're planning to do the same to the war? What a crappy studio.

Well, hope the anime-only fans will enjoy that crap.
Mar 31, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2010
WTF?!?!?!?!

I'M FREAKIN RAGING RIGHT NOW!

Why the hell did they ruin the second half of the anime if they planned for a sequel?!?! Stupidity incarnate ---__---
Mar 31, 2013 5:03 AM

Nov 2009
ainky said:
sayami said:
I don't know what to think of this.... I don't want a second season after butchering the story so much I don't think this is a good idea.

same here

Same, this really just makes me sad to see how they are going to fuck up the story this time...
Mar 31, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2012
This is going to be terrible (・_・)
Mar 31, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2010
Early April fools joke?....maybe?.....hopefully?.....please no more.
Mar 31, 2013 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
Well. Hot diiggttty damn.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 31, 2013 5:15 AM

May 2011
Magnostadt arc, hope they better work well on this!
Mar 31, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 2012
SilentTruth said:
Magnostadt arc, hope they better work well on this!

They already fucked up to a level beyond repair, burning through over a 100 chapters in 25 eps and straying from the manga so much and announcig a new season so soon, do you really think they're suddenly going to decide to follow the manga, all they see this as is another money cow =.=
Mar 31, 2013 5:35 AM

Jul 2010
Shirube said:
After they burned through all those chapters from the manga? The fuck... I'd rather have a re-boot from Bones or Madhouse, but whatever.

I thought Magi got a faithful adaptation, didn't read the manga, I think the anime was quite decent at the beginning.

Still going to watch it though.

Hope JJBA got second season soon too.
Mar 31, 2013 5:40 AM

Feb 2010
Oh my God! A-1, please no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOO!!
I'll cry.
Remake please!
Mar 31, 2013 5:50 AM
Oct 2011
mukamupantatku said:
Shirube said:
After they burned through all those chapters from the manga? The fuck... I'd rather have a re-boot from Bones or Madhouse, but whatever.

I thought Magi got a faithful adaptation, didn't read the manga, I think the anime was quite decent at the beginning.
Every arc had at least a thing or 2 changed or skipped. Some times the whole structure of an arc changed like the first arc (time-line was messed up, dungeon was redecorated), or some plot-holes added for no reason whatsoever (Kouga and Aladdin using magic in that arc), or changing a villain with another and skipping more than 10 symbolic panels to give Al-Thamen some depth (Balbadd). Or merging 2 arcs together and making an original ending (the 2 Sindria arcs, which were one big mess btw), or making the characters as one-dimensional as possible (Aladdin doesn't care about Ugo, or does he? Did Sinbad show his ulterior motives or not yet? And other things like making Alibaba as whiny as possible, ruining Kassim's character with derp-faces and making him one of the most hated characters in the series, in a bad way, and forgettable. Speaking of that, do you remember Jamil? You know, that guy whom the anime didn't show anything about other than he's a "villain"? Or Fatima? Or Markkio?)

There is also some other content that was either messed up or omitted completely due to the rushing, like Sinbad going to the Kou empire and seeing Judal and the king there.
Candor123Mar 31, 2013 5:57 AM
Mar 31, 2013 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, what?!
This will be interesting, I wonder how they will manage to write themselves out of the corner they are currently in.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 31, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2009
Wait, what? Didn't they mess this up? And weren't they going for an anime original ending? I'M SO CONFUSED.
Mar 31, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2009
Some studios just want to watch shounen anime burn.
Mar 31, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2011
YES season 2.

But definitely going to read the manga. I've read the anime just fucked up the whole story.
Mar 31, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
Will probably S2 depending on how it goes.
Mar 31, 2013 6:31 AM
Aug 2011
Someone please confirm. Is it true that it was ~100 chapters and filler ending?
If so, fuck that.
I'm starting the manga from chapter 1.
Mar 31, 2013 6:39 AM

Apr 2010
The BEST(not) thing about this is that we're all going to watch it, as much as we hated A-1's job on the first one.

We can all say we won't, but we will.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
If so, fuck that.

Yes, start from chapter 1, highly recommended for anyone who decides to read Magi.
Mar 31, 2013 6:42 AM

Apr 2012
I don't even know what to think about this, a part of me is happy, while the other is disappointed.
Mar 31, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2010
Well I don't give a crap about the manga, but the anime is a fun show and I want more Morgiana.

Mar 31, 2013 6:47 AM

Feb 2010
Hm, with all the negative comments from the manga crowd it'll boil down to what is faster for me: The second anime season or the publishing of the manga volumes in english. I will most likely end up buying the Magi manga but if the second season comes out before that I might as well enjoy it as long as I'm anime-only fan :P
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 31, 2013 6:51 AM

Apr 2010
Also, why is the anime rated so high on MAL if everyone hates it? I mean, I thought it was really good but a lot of people here act like it killed their best friend.

Mar 31, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Also, why is the anime rated so high on MAL if everyone hates it? I mean, I thought it was really good but a lot of people here act like it killed their best friend.

I really love it too, but even before reading the comments from the manga crowd I felt this most recent arc felt off and assumed a filler ending with no season. I'm still liking the past arcs though, but I can still easily imagine them being even better in the manga, but of course that can't influence my rating when I havent read it.

In general the hardcore manga fans will have more to say and criticize about a show, so you'll see comparatively many posts about that. I'm the same when I've read the manga or comic something is based on ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 31, 2013 6:58 AM

Jun 2008
Have to finish season one yet, but i'll probably watch season two as well.
Mar 31, 2013 7:04 AM
Oct 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
If so, fuck that.
115 chapters. Imagine 50 episodes of FT crammed in 25 episodes? That's Magi, but with an original ending, and what I wrote above. Here it is again: (without the spoilers)

Every arc had at least a thing or 2 changed or skipped. Some times the whole structure of an arc changed like the first arc, or some plot-holes added for no reason whatsoever. A villain was changed with another and lots of symbolic panels to give the main villain some depth were skipped. 2 arcs in the same setting were merged together and ended with a filler ending. Characters were made as one-dimensional as possible, like the MC Aladdin.

There is also some other content that was either messed up or omitted completely due to the rushing.
Add to that horrible animation.

So yeah, start from chapter 1.
Mar 31, 2013 7:05 AM

Apr 2010
Also if it makes anyone feel better, at least we got this in the final episode:

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/1364717197577.jpg

Can't wait for the BD.

Mar 31, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2012
RyanSaotome said:

Assuming everyone who has rated it highly has read the source material right? The main criticisms are how poorly they handled the source material and how they made it worse.
Mar 31, 2013 7:08 AM
Oct 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Also if it makes anyone feel better, at least we got this in the final episode:

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/1364717197577.jpg

Can't wait for the BD.
Adding original fan-service to increase the sales of the BDs, after their sales are decreasing to the half with each volume. That's A-1 for ya.
Mar 31, 2013 7:08 AM

Apr 2010
Manchild said:
RyanSaotome said:

Assuming everyone who has rated it highly has read the source material right? The main criticisms are how poorly they handled the source material and how they made it worse.

So basically you admit its just the typical "Waaah why'd they make minor changes" whining manga nerds do right? Not that the anime itself is actually bad?

Mar 31, 2013 7:11 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'm kind of curious how fast the 2nd season shall be xD

Oct 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Manchild said:
RyanSaotome said:

So basically you admit its just the typical "Waaah why'd they make minor changes" whining manga nerds do right? Not that the anime itself is actually bad?

No one said the anime is bad on it's own, but compared to the manga its rushed and what the studio did is from what you'd call minor changes, its plot murder.
Aug 2011
Candor said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
If so, fuck that.
115 chapters. Imagine 50 episodes of FT crammed in 25 episodes? That's Magi, but with an original ending, and what I wrote above. Here it is again: (without the spoilers)

Every arc had at least a thing or 2 changed or skipped. Some times the whole structure of an arc changed like the first arc, or some plot-holes added for no reason whatsoever. A villain was changed with another and lots of symbolic panels to give the main villain some depth were skipped. 2 arcs in the same setting were merged together and ended with a filler ending. Characters were made as one-dimensional as possible, like the MC Aladdin.

There is also some other content that was either messed up or omitted completely due to the rushing.
Add to that horrible animation.

So yeah, start from chapter 1.

Son of a shit.
Thanks for the explanation man. I'll definitely start at chapter 1 now.

RyanSaotome said:

1)Its MAL
2)Subjective rating
Gatchum_Bye-ByeMar 31, 2013 7:16 AM
Mar 31, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Manchild said:
RyanSaotome said:

If you ignore every complaint the manga fans have and come to that conclusion, sure.
Mar 31, 2013 7:12 AM

Jan 2008
Well just hope the budget doesn't deteriorate again. More Sinbadass is always welcomed.
Mar 31, 2013 7:19 AM

Feb 2012
Hell yeah, more Magi, and really fast, this just made my day, hope they will do better work on this one, in A-1 we trust.
Mar 31, 2013 7:19 AM

Oct 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Manchild said:
RyanSaotome said:

I'd hardly consider an entirely anime only arc "minor"....
Mar 31, 2013 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
SimmianPrime said:
RyanSaotome said:
Manchild said:
RyanSaotome said:

This is a standard for any battle shonen anime adaption. It comes with the territory.

May 2012
Please tell me it's not being produced by A-1 again...

Apr 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Well I don't give a crap about the manga, but the anime is a fun show and I want more Morgiana.

Please stay away from my waifu.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 31, 2013 7:22 AM
May 2012
Meruru_Arls said:
RyanSaotome said:

Please stay away from my waifu.
Your signature is entirely too large for this forums.
Mar 31, 2013 7:24 AM

Jul 2012
RyanSaotome said:

I haven't read the manga and I personally thought the anime was bad. The animation was extremely derpy and silly, the arcs were incoherent to me and hard to follow, and everything felt too rushed.

On topic of the thread: A-1 sucks.
Mar 31, 2013 7:25 AM
Oct 2011
Paul said:
More Sinbadass is always welcomed.
Too bad there is gonna be none, unless they decided to add original stuff again, or if they somehow animated the one-shot about him conquering the first dungeon.
Mar 31, 2013 7:27 AM

Oct 2010
RyanSaotome said:
SimmianPrime said:
RyanSaotome said:
Manchild said:
RyanSaotome said:

This is a standard for any battle shonen anime adaption. It comes with the territory.

It's not a typical shonen anime filler type arc thing. They completely changed the story and the characters eg. imagine instead of *One Piece episode 325 and beyond spoiler*
would you call something of that magnitude "minor"?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Voice Actors Minami Tsuda, Tatsumaru Tachibana Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yarinaoshi Reijou wa Ryuutei Heika wo Kouryakuchuu' Unveils Additional Cast for Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
1 hour ago

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by KitsuFrost »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by Gardevoir7 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.