New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2013 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
Valkyrion said:
I vote for AnoHana

I second this.
I actually liked most of that anime, but damn, it's extremely overrated and popular as well. Plus, Okada Mari can't write drama if her life depended on it.
Feb 5, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed Ano Hana and thought it was fun, but I'd agree it's overrated. I wouldn't say it's any more overrated than Clannad or After Story, though.
Feb 5, 2013 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
As on the matter before on Clannad, as long as its not about After Story then go ahead since that I don't care seeing the first season on the anime relation.

mlcdl said:
Clannad is overrated but not that bad so I'm against it to be on the anime relation. The same can be said with Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Quoting this up to make sure my vote could be recognize.
Feb 5, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
I nominated Anohana because I found the second half to be really bad and tiring.
Let us not forget that overrated and bad =/= overrated, but still ok/good.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 5, 2013 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
mlcdl said:
As on the matter before on Clannad, as long as its not about After Story then go ahead since that I don't care seeing the first season on the anime relation.

mlcdl said:
Clannad is overrated but not that bad so I'm against it to be on the anime relation. The same can be said with Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Quoting this up to make sure my vote could be recognize.

I was referring to BOTH Clannad series when I said that. After Story was good, but not great. If definitely doesn't belong in the top 5-10. It was manipulative and forced and Nagisa was just an AWFUL character.

But once again, I still think it was good- Just not phenomenal.

And yes, I understand the difference between overrated and bad and just overrated but still good and honestly I think Anohana falls into the latter. It definitely isn't as good as everyone thinks, but I don't think it's bad at all either. That's just me though- I'm not against putting it in the relations, but consider putting Clannad and/or After Story there too in that case because I believe that the manipulative tactics used in After Story and Clannad are MUCH worse than those used in Anohana. Anohana had it's story and it stuck to it, Clannad decided to back out at the end and say "LOL THAT WAS ALL JUST TO MAKE YOU CRY. JK THOSE LAST 20 EPISODES? NEVER HAPPENED." I also felt that the characters in Anohana were much better than the ones in Clannad, although part of that could have been the artstyle. In Clannad they're all the same person with different hair colors, where Anohana actually does this thing called "character design" and the characters all have different facial features and body types so that they actually look different. Clannad just uses the same face, same body for every character.
AmberlehFeb 5, 2013 7:19 PM
Feb 5, 2013 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
I already said in another topic why Clannad after story doesn't deserve to be nominated... oh well

TL;DR: Clannad has more redeeming points than flaws, AnoHana is an average drama with forgettable characters
ValkqtFeb 5, 2013 7:51 PM
Feb 5, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
@neane
All the criticism versus that series is perfectly legitimate. I won't ever call it a flawless show and I understand why some people wouldn't like it or say it's terrible.

I said above why it shouldn't be on the relations, and what I think about the series, that's about it.

@topic
Anohana and Clannad DEFINITELY need polls.
Feb 5, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, people, the fastest way to end this is to just poll those two series.
Feb 5, 2013 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe we should do a poll for Steins;Gate, you know for a show that deals heavy with time travel it really appeared to me that the writer couldn't even research time travel theory properly. I bet he didn't even read Lew's "Paradoxes of Time Travel" or the ever famous McTaggart's "The Unreality of Time"
Feb 5, 2013 8:34 PM

Apr 2012
Neane1993 said:
Maybe we should do a poll for Steins;Gate, you know for a show that deals heavy with time travel it really appeared to me that the writer couldn't even research time travel theory properly. I bet he didn't even read Lew's "Paradoxes of Time Travel" or the ever famous McTaggart's "The Unreality of Time"

I'd say it's a 6-7/10

Overrated? Fuck yes.
Bad enough to put on relations? Debatable but I think no. It would depend on whether or not the massive hype vs actual content gives it negative scores.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 5, 2013 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
Neane1993 said:
Clannad Rant

Everyone is so quick to justify the Deus Ex ending, saying that this is suppose to be an anime with a theme of "Family" attached to it. Everyone claims that there are all of these family themes in this anime ect...But there really isn't. There are problems between people in this show, that just happened to be related. All of these problems, and people coming to conclusion with them, would have worked out even if the family tag was removed. There are very few parts of this show that have any true value of family attached to them. Nagisa's parents giving up on there dreams for her sake, Tomoya and his father, and Tomoya and his alienation of Ushio are the only instances of actual family meaning in this anime. Everything else is just cliche plots, derived from other anime, or media and thrown in the family tag.

Which might be my biggest problem with this anime. I would have loved the Deus Ex ending if we got to see the family, you know be a family. It would have been nice to see Ushio's first steps, her first words, them taking her to school together. Maybe Nagisa getting a part-time job, it could have been expanding on so much better. But instead we get this shitty deus ex ending, that leads into two episodes that didn't even need to exist in the first place. Which again upsets me dearly. We have examples up above of instances of family coming together and expecting one another for there flaws, but we never get to see a family, actually be a family.

My biggest problem with Clannad of course is the Deus Ex Ending. I think other than the fact that it's a cheap plot device, that didn't have it's groundings laid very well in the show. But then Key decides to take a baseball bat, beat you in the face, trying to force as many tears as they can out of you(With Ushio's sudden death), and then say, "Aw Never mind about all that, it was just a dream lawls". Tomoya figuring out what it was like to be a father and coming to terms with his was by far the best part of this series, and they decide to take all of those feelings and throw them back in my face. Why wouldn't I be upset? Now please don't come in here and be like "OO he remembers everything though", because I already know that. But that doesn't change the fact, that episode 18 and 19 never happened. He may remember them, but it actually never happened.

EVERYTHING you said about Clannad is how I feel as well, but these three paragraphs are MY BIGGEST GRIPES about the series as well (ESPECIALLY the family thing. Holy crud). I couldn't have put it better myself.

It really ISN'T about family- I feel like the people who wrote it didn't actually have families, they just see the ones on tv- no, not even tv- JUST IN ANIME- and based their entire family setting on that. The same can be said of the fans who argue that it's about family- I mean yes they have parents but I doubt they have any real idea about having kids and having a significant other who you actually intend to share your life with beyond being lovelorn teenagers. All of the family things in this show were cliche'd re-hashings from other series rolled into one. Usagi Drop was only 11 episodes and we still get a much better idea of family from that show, a more realistic look at it, than we did from 20-something episodes of Clannad. I also think most Pixar, Disney, and Miyazaki movies give off a much stronger family feeling- The movie may not focus on family like Clannad claims to, but there's always that feeling in it. Look at Up- The old man, the boy scout, the dog and even the bird were a family and though it was NEVER spelled out for you, you kinda just felt it. Same goes for pretty much every Miyazaki movie- The characters meet really odd, fun characters and become a family of sorts during the course of the movie. They may go their seperate ways at the end, but they formed a family bond during the movie and they did it without shoving it in your face, like Clannad does. In fact I'm pretty sure Pixar's recent "Brave" taught a lot of the same stuff Clannad tried to, while also adding in some VERY IMPORTANT things that Clannad left out- Be yourself and You don't need a significant other to be strong or to be happy. Also, all of these movies develop better, more interesting, unique characters in the span of 1-2 hours than Clannad did in 47 episodes.

Also, obligatory:
"Pixar wrote a better love story in 5 minutes than Clannad did in 47 episodes".

AmberlehFeb 5, 2013 9:49 PM
Feb 5, 2013 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
I guess in a way, I can group Clannad with Elfen Lied (Though Clannad is way better than Elfen Lied). Viewers tend to forgive Elfen Lied for the frequent lack of logic, exaggerated violence (that doesn't combine well with melodrama) and random fanservice, due to a few moments with emotional impact.

Clannad constantly introduces random sorrowful plot devices to create melodrama and viewers forgive all the problems in the series just because of a few moments with emotional impact.

And same with Elfen Lied, there are shows that execute what happens in Clannad to a better effect.

removed-userFeb 5, 2013 10:02 PM
Feb 5, 2013 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
Neane1993 said:
I guess in a way, I can group Clannad with Elfen Lied (Though Clannad is way better than Elfen Lied). Viewers tend to forgive Elfen Lied for the frequent lack of logic, exaggerated violence (that doesn't combine well with melodrama) and random fanservice, due to a few moments with emotional impact.

Clannad constantly introduces random sorrowful plot devices to create melodrama and viewers forgive all the problems in the series just because of a few moments with emotional impact.

And same with Elfen Lied, there are shows that execute what happens in Clannad to a better effect.

Neane, stop reading my mind.
Feb 5, 2013 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Amberleh said:

Neane, stop reading my mind.

Okay, then I won't put down why I think that Clannad: After Story should be in the Anime Relations list. As I really get the feeling it's the same reason you would want it to be in there as well.
Feb 14, 2013 1:20 PM

Jan 2013
After back-counting, excepting the indications with qualifiers, these are the current undisputed suggestions for inclusion on the relations list:
Absolute Boyfriend - 1
Fate/stay night - 1
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - 1
Hidan no aria - 1
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama - 1
Lucky Star - 11
Maria Holic - 11
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - 1
Shoujo Sect - 11
Soul Eater - 11
Special A - 11
Strawberry Panic - 1

The following are disputed, and up to polling:
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Highschool DxD
RahXephon
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Steins;Gate

These have been suggested, but are scored below the 7.7 cutoff point:
Ah! My Goddess
Aishiteruze Baby
C
Gantz
Moretsu Pirates
Sono Hanabira
Strike Witches
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000%
MaegilFeb 16, 2013 3:52 AM
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Feb 14, 2013 3:25 PM

Mar 2009
Maegil said:
After back-counting, excepting the indications with qualifiers, these are the current undisputed suggestions for inclusion on the relations list:
Absolute Boyfriend - 1
Fate/stay night - 1
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - 1
Hidan no aria - 1
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama - 1
Lucky Star - 11
Maria Holic - 11
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - 1
Shoujo Sect - 11
Soul Eater - 11
Special A - 11
Strawberry Panic - 1

The following are disputed, and up to polling:
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Highschool DxD
Monster (presently in the enlightenment list)
RahXephon
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Steins;Gate

These have been suggested, but are scored below the 7.7 cutoff point:
Ah! My Goddess
Aishiteruze Baby
C
Gantz
Moretsu Pirates
Sono Hanabira
Strike Witches
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000%

Putting in a vote for Soul Eater. I really did not like that series. Started out really pulling me in because of its art style for the environments, but they just couldn't carry the terrible plot and boring fights.
Feb 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
Absolute Boyfriend is a manga, by the way- Not an anime.

I don't remember if I was the Strawberry Panic vote or not, but if I wasn't, I vote to have it on relations as well.
Feb 14, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
It was Valkyrion who indicated Strawberry Panic, so it's another vote for it.
Now, as for Absolute Boyfriend in the wrong topic, that was you...

I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Feb 15, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2012
What's Monster doing on the same list as Ano Hana and High School DxD? It deserves more credit than that. But I'm not against it being polled. Yang Wenli was imprisoned and inquired and he still came out as one of the greatest characters in anime, so my money is set on Monster coming out on top as well.

I don't think it's over-hyped though. It's just loved by a lot of fans and critics. I wouldn't call it one of the most popular shows out there. IMO, it's quality is equal to its hype. It's aptly rated. It deserves the love it gets.
Feb 15, 2013 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
Monster was my indication, before we decided on standards.
The reason for it is that while the series is very mature, the plot is actually coincidence-driven: the only thing that allows it to move forward is the deus ex machina of every clue being reached at the same time by every relevant character, time after time.

While I won't press it for relations, I still maintain that due to this huge recurring cop-out, it should at least be polled for deletion from the enlightenment list.

Feb 15, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
Maegil said:
Monster was my indication, before we decided on standards.
The reason for it is that while the series is very mature, the plot is actually coincidence-driven: the only thing that allows it to move forward is the deus ex machina of every clue being reached at the same time by every relevant character, time after time.

While I won't press it for relations, I still maintain that due to this huge recurring cop-out, it should at least be polled for deletion from the enlightenment list.

I have a lot to say on this as Monster stands as the greatest anime I've watched to date (even though it's not one of my top 5 favorites). Of course being critical is the job of a critic, so an opposing notion on this series should be expected. So I'll try my best to defend the show.

I just watched Monster so I'm not really itching to rewatch it to find any of these coincidences, but I'll try to see what I can pull out of my memory.

There were many instances when the characters would follow the same clues but I don't think these are coincidences. Let's take all of them finding out about Kinderheim 511. Most of the characters had to look for people who knew of the place, but there were times that a random person divulges that they have info on said place, like the female care of the other orphanage. When this happened, I had to look at the possibility of the event. It must've been a big scandal so the people living close by must've gotten a whiff of the news. There are also things like

But if you really find these things too improbable in the Aristotelian sense, then look at the characters and at the atmosphere because these are still grounds to call the show exemplary. Tenma, incredibly consistent. His entire character was so organically tied to the fact that he was a doctor, a man who saves lives. The reluctance and the guilt worked wonderfully with his integrity and nurturing personality. Lunge and Eva's developments were also amazing. I won't elaborate much on this cause I might accidentally spoil some things. Johan is the best villain in anime. He is fear personified. His development was also great to look at cause we uncover the roots of his evil which justifies his character at the end. There are so much more good characters (like Wolfgang) in Monster but I'll leave it here.

The air of monster really embodies what an intelligent thriller-horror anime should be (unlike Death Note). The build up, the tension, the twists, the atmosphere, and the characters all homogenize to form the scariest realistic thriller/mystery in anime. The art definitely helped accomplish this. Everything in the show just flowed so well. Ticked and tocked just right like a well made pocket watch. I think it should stay on our enlightened list for being an outstanding and remarkable work.
Feb 15, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
So you want to remove Monster but add Chuu Bra. (For enlightenment)

HMMM...

I really think Monster is where it belongs. It has a layer of realism that most anime entirely lack. I have not yet finished the series but I'm pretty convinced that it is where it belongs.
Feb 15, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not finished with it yet, but to me Monster doesn't seem like it runs on coincidence too much, not least because of Johan. He's such terrifying, ineffable force that it feels like almost everything that happens is somehow linked to his will.
Feb 15, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Since the result of polling Monster is very much apparent, I might as well just remove the indication.

As for Bra Chuu, I say again: it's an educational series aimed at, and useful to 10-15 years old girls. Males won't like it, and (most) older females won't need it. Even though, you'd do well in burning it on a disk and giving it to your younger sister, daughter, or neighbor.

While you're at it, also add "Once Upon a Time... Life" (Seimei no Kagaku: Micro Patrol) to the disk - I'm also indicating it as Enlightening.

Feb 17, 2013 5:27 AM

Oct 2012
Feb 17, 2013 6:04 AM

Jun 2012
Katekyo hitman reborn? I haven't seen the series myself but...

just pointing out this title I guess.
Feb 17, 2013 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
Ducat_Revel said:
Surprised that no one's nominated School Days. It's more popular than Guilty Crown according to MAL.

It's far better than SAO. Beside, School Days is far better than most romance you can see each anime season. Only that it has a fooling synopsis and a poor reputation due to synopsis failure.
Feb 17, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
What a lot of people don't understand about School Days is that it's a deconstruction of the harem and eroge genre.

I still think it's shitty, but finding out it was a deconstruction raised my opinion ever so slightly.
Feb 17, 2013 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
Amberleh said:
What a lot of people don't understand about School Days is that it's a deconstruction of the harem and eroge genre.

I still think it's shitty, but finding out it was a deconstruction raised my opinion ever so slightly.

Well that changes things. I haven't watched it yet, but I've played part of the VN to see what its about. But in the end, I'm just relying on other's opinions and reviews. Let's switch gears then. Does it work as a deconstruction? Does it fit the bill right?
Feb 17, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Amberleh said:

I wouldn't call poorly executed, trollish plot twists a deconstruction.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Amberleh said:

I wouldn't call poorly executed, trollish plot twists a deconstruction.

I never said it was a GOOD deconstruction, but it is a deconstruction. Elfen lied is also a deconstruction- Again, not a good one. (Elfen Lied is a deconstruction of the "one guy living with a bunch of girls magical girlfriend harem genre. Think Ah! My Goddess, Steel Angel Kurumi, etc).
Feb 17, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
I can see how it would be a deconstruction in the respect that the MC actually gets with all the girls who are after him rather than just running away from them with a nosebleed.

BUT, Makoto is a poorly written character; we all know that totally immoral, sociopathic characters can be incredibly fun. He was not. He was like Sugou from SAO, only worse. They made him the most unlikeable character possible just so the anime could have a pandering ending.
Feb 17, 2013 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Feb 17, 2013 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
Valkyrion said:

It's alright. The manga was a bigger disappointment, I think. It isn't very good, but not on the same level as Bleach in terms of horrible shounen battle series. I would say it does not need to go into the relations.
Feb 17, 2013 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
Valkyrion said:

It's alright. The manga was a bigger disappointment, I think. It isn't very good, but not on the same level as Bleach in terms of horrible shounen battle series. I would say it does not need to go into the relations.

They say it ends poorly though. I can't really attest to that, but I can say it's a very weak manga. I read it from the start all the way to the Arcoballeno representative battles, and it never hit outstanding. It had its moments during the earlier battles but once they recieved their ridiculous shounen power-ups, the ship started to sink. If this ever gets polled, I'll vote for its inclusion. But I wouldn't really mind if it doesn't get into either of our lists.
Feb 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, I wouldn't mind either way. I suppose it isn't awful, but if one were to have it on their favorites that would show more than questionable judgement... The manga had one of the worst endings ever though, it contradicted the whole purpose of everything the characters went though. Garbage.
Feb 17, 2013 9:16 PM

Oct 2012
I completely forgot this was the "anime" relations list. I thought it was manga. I watched like half of the anime. It was meh. Kinda like Busou Renkin (again, I only watched parts of it). It was meh.
Feb 17, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2012
Looking up on school days statics
Score: 6.82 (scored by 65193 users)
Ranked: #3560
Popularity: #68
Members: 99,487
Favorites: 1,240
I don't see any kind of hype around it,see its score and anime ranking.Many time People just hate a show for the sake of hating so they can fit in the crowd,school days is better than many romance and this club is uber elitist club,''A club against anime and manga which has popularity and hype they don't deserve'',Not against any kind of popular anime or manga.School days have popularity because of its ending and its also based on an another VN meaning atleast some fanbase already behind it.I don't see any kind of hype. Most of the people already hate it.No need to longer our list.
Feb 17, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Looking up on school days statics
Score: 6.82 (scored by 65193 users)
Ranked: #3560
Popularity: #68
Members: 99,487
Favorites: 1,240
I don't see any kind of hype around it,see its score and anime ranking.Many time People just hate a show for the sake of hating so they can fit in the crowd,school days is better than many romance and this club is uber elitist club,''A club against anime and manga which has popularity and hype they don't deserve'',Not against any kind of popular anime or manga.School days have popularity because of its ending and its also based on an another VN meaning atleast some fanbase already behind it.I don't see any kind of hype. Most of the people already hate it.No need to longer our list.

Alright. Makes sense.
Feb 18, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
Hmmmm I wouldn't say School Days doesn't have hype. 100k people on here have seen it. Popularity- 68.

I think it might be one of those series that never gets like a '5' score, it's probably almost always 1 or 10 depending on the person.

I'd say that DESPITE it's crazy low score, it should be an exception to the rule simply because of the fact that it DOES have a crazy amount of hype around it- I'm not saying we absolutely should poll it, but it is one that should be at least considered for polling.

As for it being a deconstruction- It's actually more of a deconstruction of the h-game genre, where you can apparently sleep with multiple characters in the game and not get severely punished for it (I do not play these games- I played 2 paths of the Katawa Shoujo thing and that is the extent of me playing harem games. Unless you count Harvest Moon, so my knowledge of all this is limited).

TV tropes says:
Deconstruction: Arguably the main point of the series is to deconstruct the Harem Genre, h-game adaptation dramas, and other slice of life style romance anime series. This is every harem trope going horrifically wrong.
Long story short, it shows what could happen if someone really did treat a group of young women that all had feelings for him like your typical h-game player treats the female characters of a game, if some of those women happened to be extremely unstable. Most real people wouldn't react like that. Some would.
Also, it makes it clear that someone pursuing solely his or her own pleasure with everyone in sight while paying no attention to the effects that's having on others is an immature, maladjusted jerkass.
Feb 18, 2013 9:02 PM

Sep 2012
About 99k viewers may be you didn't notice its popularity on 68 rank is there BUT only got 1k fav meaning ratio 1/100 and not rising from long time despite being it 6 years old in comparison of Guilty crown and SAO thing which are only 1 years old and so popular and still rising.And my point is still as you know MOST OF THE PEOPLE HATE IT AND GIVE IT A CHANCE ONLY SO THEY CAN BITCH about it how bad(really?) it was and can fit in the crowd and please change the voting rules if ever poll will go for it because in this rules almost everyone from the crowd can vote without even saying anything NO WONDER IF SOMEDAY CG 2 fans will join this group and vote for it for adding in our enlightment list.
Feb 19, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
I disagree with putting School Days on the list. It's not exactly well received in terms of MAL scores.
Feb 19, 2013 11:17 PM

May 2011
I don't see School Days being hailed as da best shit ever, it's usually called the worst by quite a bit.
Feb 24, 2013 11:01 PM

Mar 2009
I also vote for Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere to be added to the relations. No disputes, I hope.
Feb 25, 2013 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
I also vote for Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere to be added to the relations. No disputes, I hope.

It is already in the list.
Feb 25, 2013 9:28 AM

Mar 2009
2_Steps_Ahead said:
AlabastreAizo said:

It is already in the list.

So it is! Excellent. Haha, I forgot the Japanese title.
Feb 26, 2013 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
Does anyone else think Lucky Star should be on the list?

A lot of people that seem to hype it comes from the jokes but they can't even make up a joke without relying on obscure references nobody cares about(only people who regularly watch anime can point them out). Also, as a slice of life it is also very bad at it because the slice of life parts are glorified by the uninspired jokes. This show is just a bad example on how to do slice of life or comedy and ultimately fails at both those genres.

I really can't think of any other "Slice of Life" or comedy that got as much hype as Lucky Star did I just can't.
removed-userFeb 26, 2013 10:42 PM
Feb 26, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2011
Burningblade04 said:

A lot of people that seem to hype it comes from the jokes but they can't even make up a joke without relying on obscure references nobody cares about(only people who regularly watch anime can point them out). Also, as a slice of life it is also very bad at it because the slice of life parts are glorified by the uninspired jokes. This show is just a bad example on how to do slice of life or comedy and ultimately fails at both those genres.

I really can't think of any other "Slice of Life" or comedy that got as much hype as Lucky Star did I just can't.

Seconded.
Feb 26, 2013 10:54 PM

Aug 2009
Burningblade04 said:

Well, I am surprised that hasn't been suggested already.
I second the motion.
Feb 27, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2012
metamorphius said:
Burningblade04 said:

Well, I am surprised that hasn't been suggested already.
I second the motion.

I second it as well ;__;.why does no one notice me?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

32 by Ducat_Revel »»
Jul 17, 5:02 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.