Forum Settings
Forums

Are any of you MAL users bodybuilders? Or have a regular workout routine?

New
Jan 12, 2013 9:13 AM
Dec 2012
Just was curious to see if the people on here like fitness etc.

-Yes I love working out.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah, I work out.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 12, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2012
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.
Jan 12, 2013 9:29 AM
May 2012
No, it's a pain.
Jan 12, 2013 9:30 AM

Dec 2009
I tried. I failed.

Jan 12, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2012
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-500 jump ropes (Every mess-up, do 50 more)
-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-7 minutes of hell workout (squats, frog jumps, etc)
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

Rinse and repeat every day. In the baseball offseason, I usually lift, focusing on biceps, triceps, legs, and stomach
Jan 12, 2013 9:34 AM
May 2012
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

Rinse and repeat every day. In the baseball offseason, I usually lift, focusing on biceps, triceps, legs, and stomach
That's going a bit overboard... Wouldn't that consume like 50% of your day :c...
Jan 12, 2013 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
Where's Jose-sama?
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 12, 2013 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
I just realized...I can actually say...

Bro do U even lift?
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Jan 12, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
yeah im so strong so tough yeah man 100% brute hardcore dude
Jan 12, 2013 9:42 AM
Dec 2012
I do, I'm 6'3 and was a bit underweight for my height, so I finally finished bulking. The good thing is that my BF is somewhat low because I also like to do cardio, it's summer here and the temperature fluctuates between 39 and 44C so I swim a lot ;p. My goal is a 6 pack before 2014, the world cup will be here next year and i wanna be in good shape for the foreign girls ;p
Not_BiasedJan 12, 2013 9:49 AM
Jan 12, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2009

u mirin
Jan 12, 2013 10:03 AM
Dec 2012
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

Sweet shit right there
Jan 12, 2013 10:04 AM
Dec 2012
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

Feel free to explain... :L

-Bulking, Cutting etc
Jan 12, 2013 10:05 AM
Dec 2012
I worked legs today. Squats be killing meh o_O
Jan 12, 2013 10:06 AM

Oct 2010
I did fitness.. you will feellll sooooooo great after a workout and a shower.

Too bad when you wake up, you will feel like a dead body.
Quitted after 1,5 year, became too lazy to go. I will probably pick it up someday..
Jan 12, 2013 10:08 AM
Dec 2012
Hyack said:
I did fitness.. you will feellll sooooooo great after a workout and a shower.

Too bad when you wake up, you will feel like a dead body.
Quitted after 1,5 year, became too lazy to go. I will probably pick it up someday..

Just gotta love the pump, the tightness, the intensity... <- Did I just sound like a phag
Jan 12, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I work out too. The reason that prompted me to start is rather trivial: I used to play to arm-wrestling at school with my classmates, and being kind of bad I decided to get fit a little. I've never stopped ever since. But I don't attend a gym, I prefer training on my own, going running, doing push-ups and whatnot.
Jan 12, 2013 10:44 AM

Mar 2012
Yeah, I work out.

By the way, there are a lot of these threads. Search function.
JoshJan 12, 2013 10:51 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 12, 2013 10:47 AM

May 2012
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:

-200 pushups

+ rep :P

Trying to get better at pushups can manage around 55 before i just fall :P
Jan 12, 2013 10:52 AM

Jun 2011
At least once a week and if possible more.

But once a week is fine enough to keep you healthy and no routine fast food eating
---
Cookies...
Jan 12, 2013 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
Monday through fridays. About 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours a day.

Though I mostly exercise to stay fit but not to get all buff and shit. Before anyone objects. It is very possible to be slightly overweight and to be fit.
Jan 12, 2013 11:39 AM

Jun 2012
A lot of us do actually.
We have quite a bit of military troops here and that is a must, I'm a bodybuilder, we have boxers and MMA fighters like Bloodclaiburr.
Claibur is cool but because he is short he has a very nasty Napoleon complex and acts quite overzealous and can be quite the douche. But other than that he is cool, not his fault though.

inb4 cal retaliates to this post
but you don't even know how dank my memes are
Jan 12, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2012
-Miyu- said:
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

That's going a bit overboard... Wouldn't that consume like 50% of your day :c...

You could do the jump ropes in like 15 minutes the next two parts in 30 I assume and if you are fit the 2 mile run won't take more than 45 minutes. Really fit and you'll be done fast.
So now more than 2 hours in the day to do all that.
Jan 12, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2012
i feel so special, i do 25 push ups and 25 sit ups a day
:D
wow i need to do stuff

^above's workout doesn't take long it just hurts a lot probably
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 12, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
2 miles in 45 minutes is like walking pace, or marginally faster, lol.
LoneWolf said:
Jan 12, 2013 11:47 AM

Jun 2012
Post-Josh said:

Which is why I said some what fit and if very fit done much faster.
I can run a mile in about 12 minutes, could be better but quite decent for my weight.
Jan 12, 2013 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
Daedric said:
Post-Josh said:

Which is why I said some what fit and if very fit done much faster.
I can run a mile in about 12 minutes, could be better but quite decent for my weight.

WHAT THE
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
A 12 minute mile isn't decent for any athlete, even a 300 lb linebacker. No offense though, I know you bodybuilding buffs have pretty low standards when it comes to cardio. *wink*
LoneWolf said:
Jan 12, 2013 11:54 AM

Jun 2012
Post-Josh said:
A 12 minute mile isn't decent for any athlete, even a 300 lb linebacker. No offense though, I know you bodybuilding buffs have pretty low standards when it comes to cardio. *wink*

pls no h8
It use to be 30 minutes so I think that is a big improvement for myself. It may not be olympic standard but it is better than the 30 minutes when I was a good 80 pounds overweight.

EDIT:
I am a 5 7 and 15, does that mean anything? :D I haven't done much breathing work either so that is my main problem I sometimes screw up and skip breathes then lose my momentum and wind.
Jan 12, 2013 12:02 PM

Jun 2012
Matenrou said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

Feel free to explain... :L

-Bulking, Cutting etc
I already finished bulking. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 188 lb, so any more and it'd become disgusting. Pure high rep, low weight sets and cardio to tone up and lose BF. 4 day work out schedule, and I jog 6 km every morning. I used to do jiu jitsu on the side, but I don't have the time for that anymore. I loosely watch what I eat as well, not because I'm a crazy health fanatic (I've been smoking for 6 years now... lol), but there is a history of diabetes and heart attacks in my family. No red meat, only chicken and fish.
HolybaptiserJan 12, 2013 12:16 PM
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 12, 2013 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
Daedric said:
pls no h8
It use to be 30 minutes so I think that is a big improvement for myself. It may not be olympic standard but it is better than the 30 minutes when I was a good 80 pounds overweight.

EDIT:
I am a 5 7 and 15, does that mean anything? :D I haven't done much breathing work either so that is my main problem I sometimes screw up and skip breathes then lose my momentum and wind.
Hating is what I specialize in, but yeah, that is a mean improvement. I'd say 8-10 min is pretty good for a built guy. Height doesn't really matter. Age matters a lot for long distance, but not too much for a mile or two (assuming you're done growing, which may not be true).

Breathing and pushing yourself are the two most important things for improvement in running, imo. In high-school I rarely ever saw anyone pushing themselves as hard as they should. That said, it's good to be with someone else if you plan on killing yourself, for safety. Have you ever done the beep test? I almost passed out a few times from doing that, haha.
LoneWolf said:
Jan 12, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2012
I was one of the few in my class who liked the beep test :D can't remember how far I used to get but i think it was around 13th or somit round before I would drop out (when I was 12/13).
Jan 12, 2013 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
Post-Josh said:
Daedric said:
pls no h8

EDIT:
Hating is what I specialize in, but yeah, that is a mean improvement. I'd say 8-10 min is pretty good for a built guy. Height doesn't really matter. Age matters a lot for long distance, but not too much for a mile or two (assuming you're done growing, which may not be true).

Breathing and pushing yourself are the two most important things for improvement in running, imo. In high-school I rarely ever saw anyone pushing themselves as hard as they should. That said, it's good to be with someone else if you plan on killing yourself, for safety. Have you ever done the beep test? I almost passed out a few times from doing that, haha.

I'm not sure actually, does the beep test have any nicknames it goes by?
and yeah I'm done growing sadly...
I had precocious puberty.... age 7... done at 12 and a half... I am slowly growing though expected to stop at 5 9 but it will take years.
Jan 12, 2013 12:38 PM

May 2012
Daedric said:

I'm not sure actually, does the beep test have any nicknames it goes by?
You just run from one side of a room to another, and your racing a beep (cd player...) If you don't make it to the other end of the room before the beep your out. Beeps get faster and faster. I can't remember how long the distance is meant to be in the room but if you've ever done it in school you should remember it from the description I gave.
Jan 12, 2013 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
I'm just doing Insanity, weight-lifting and running on my days off. Sadly not a body builder, but it keeps me in shape and I've been seeing some nice improvements. I like high intensity workouts since you're doing a lot in a short period of time. Which leaves me more time for fappingggg.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 12, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2012
-Miyu- said:
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

Nah, only takes about an hour and a half total if I'm feeling lazy. xD Sounds like a lot, but on gameday, it makes all the difference. My mentality is that, I'm going to outwork whoever I'm facing so there's no way I can lose. XD

Mkayyy said:
+ rep :P

Trying to get better at pushups can manage around 55 before i just fall :P

Just take your time, I've been doing them for years so I'm used to them. ^_^

Regicide said:
^above's workout doesn't take long it just hurts a lot probably

It hurts like hell. Especially the two minute torture exercise....it's just as the name implies... I've been doing this workout for 8 months now, and I still come back nearly dead. xD It helps that there's a ton of cute girls in my neighborhood though. (even though I never even have a chance with them...)
baseball3bJan 12, 2013 1:48 PM
Jan 12, 2013 3:28 PM

Apr 2012
Pushups and catching the bus and skytrain every day.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 12, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2009
Daedric said:
-Miyu- said:
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

You could do the jump ropes in like 15 minutes the next two parts in 30 I assume and if you are fit the 2 mile run won't take more than 45 minutes. Really fit and you'll be done fast.

Very true, though i must ask. Are you peeps doing back exercises/drills? I'm doing one-arm row with a 20 lb dumbbells, shrugs and pull-ups for a month now and it seems not enough or should i keep doing this?

EDIT:

Clearing up typos.
AezileJan 12, 2013 3:39 PM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 12, 2013 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
I love exercising, but I don't do much in the area of strength.

Endurance exercises are my forte.

Jan 12, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2012
Aezile said:
Very true, though i must ask. Are you peeps doing back exercises/drills? I'm doing one-arm row with a 20 lb dumbbells, shrugs and pull-ups for a month now and it seems not enough or should i keep doing this?

I'd keep doing it. I don't know many back exercises since my back is naturally muscular because I'm a pitcher, but if you don't feel like your current workout is doing "it" for you, then increase the number of reps or the weight. You can also look up other back exercises online and start doing them. Don't expect to see results right away though, unless you spend 12 hours a day in the gym.
Jan 12, 2013 3:55 PM

May 2009
baseball3b said:
Aezile said:

I'd keep doing it. I don't know many back exercises since my back is naturally muscular because I'm a pitcher, but if you don't feel like your current workout is doing "it" for you, then increase the number of reps or the weight. You can also look up other back exercises online and start doing them. Don't expect to see results right away though, unless you spend 12 hours a day in the gym.

Lol of course not, it's just the feeling you get when exercising sometimes, mostly during winter, the heat and sweat is not enough. I can't possibly spend my time that way, i only got 3 hrs to do so. I start my day by 5am, running between 4-6 miles for cardio, that's an hour then the remaining 2 hrs are for the body exercises.

Anyway, just asking if you guys doing something different since you're in a way different level than i am, if you know what i'm saying :D

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 12, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
i know ppl workout to get tougher/look better but i cant understand why ppl love to do it. i mean its tiring and can be a real pain at times. but watevs. i usually like run every now and then but in terms of lifting i dont do jack. i mite pick it up again jst cuz i never want to be fat in my life.Ever
Jan 12, 2013 5:08 PM

May 2012
bulls123 said:
i know ppl workout to get tougher/look better but i cant understand why ppl love to do it. i mean its tiring and can be a real pain at times. but watevs. i usually like run every now and then but in terms of lifting i dont do jack. i mite pick it up again jst cuz i never want to be fat in my life.Ever
Self satisfaction :D sounds wrong.
Jan 12, 2013 5:11 PM

Jan 2013
Mkayyy said:
bulls123 said:
Self satisfaction :D sounds wrong.
well why else would i workout then? i dont really care for getting a six pack or being buff as fuk. im jst satisfying myself
Jan 13, 2013 12:27 AM
Dec 2012
baseball3b said:
Aezile said:

It depends what your goals are, the main thing is to eat well and clean.
For back I would recommend Deadlifting. Do a weight that isn't easy but comfortable and make sure you have good form + when raising the barbell/smith machine squeeze your abs. Trust me you will make gains...
Jan 13, 2013 1:43 AM

Apr 2011
I exercise. usually around 200 sit ups and 50 push ups, then it gets a little random from there, I just kind of mix in whatever I think will work.
Jan 13, 2013 3:05 AM

Feb 2012
- Anywhere between 8-16 rounds of sparring (3 minute rounds)
- 3 rounds of mitt work
- 25 minutes of punching the heavybag
- 11 minutes on the speed bag
- 15 minutes of jump rope
- Two sets of 120 push ups (total 240) : one set of 60 pushups with a 15 lb headband
- 200 normal situps on the incline bench (down angle of course)
- 50 situps on the incline bench with 25 lb dumbells held above each shoulder (50 lb resistance)
- 2 rounds (3 minutes each) of having the medicine ball slammed against my stomach
- 6 minutes of V-Ups
- 40 pull ups : 40 chin ups : 5 single arm chin ups per arm
- 1 hour of running on the treadmill (~6 miles)

Used to be more with work concerning kicks, knee, elbow and other forms of striking but I've gotten lazy due to no longer pursuing something in that field for now.

All of this takes roughly about 4 hours to finish but sometimes an hour less if I don't do the 1 hour of running. I do this anywhere between 4-6 days a week but usually go for 6.

Notice no weight lifting.

Daedric said:
-Miyu- said:
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

That's more like an hour and 10 minutes. The two mile run should take about 20 minutes on medium speed, pretty much jogging speed.
BloodcaliburJan 13, 2013 3:08 AM
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Jan 13, 2013 8:00 AM

Feb 2012
Cardio six days a week -or 60 minutes
Strength Training 3 days a week

Nothing special.
Jan 13, 2013 8:11 AM

Mar 2011
I walk a fair amount...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» It is too damn hot right now...I wonder why? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 25

50 by YungStairwell »»
10 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

48 by MitsukiHimeka »»
15 minutes ago

» Why does the World need Switzerland?

vasipi4946 - Aug 20, 2022

34 by MalchikRepaid »»
20 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

817 by zzz »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Anyone ever commission anime art?

ACasualViewer - 35 minutes ago

2 by ACasualViewer »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.