Forum Settings
Forums

KyoAni's New TV Anime 'Tamako Market' Due in January

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2012 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
VioLink said:
Nekomonogatari is slated for December 29, 2012 this show airs sometime in January 2013.

No its not. Its not even on any of the Winter charts... its just some preview video that they are playing at a theater. No idea why MAL has it set for that date.

Its most likely Spring or Summer.

VioLink said:
jmal said:
I also think your confidence in Sasami-san's sales potential is a bit premature. Monogatari and Madoka are huge exceptions to Shaft's usual modest sales performance.

It's SHAFT and Shinbo is working on it, it's gonna sell like hot cakes.

EVERY Shaft anime in the last 5 or so years is Shaft and Shinbo. He directs all of their anime. Doesn't stop some from being total failures (like that maid anime) and others from being massive hits.

Nov 28, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
Kill last one with fire, then we can start talking.

It'd be weird if they looked with completely different original designs. Oh wait, most of recent Kyoani series does...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 28, 2012 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Antanaru said:
Wonder if they even know how to make different character design anymore. Not like copy paste can be called a 'style'.

Yup, they look pretty identical to me...

...or not.

Best post on this thread.
Nov 28, 2012 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
I'll be looking forward to it, you can't go wrong with Kyoani

Vizi_Reality said:
What a surprise :), KyoAni doing three shows this year

Huh? whats the 3rd show? I thougth the only did Hyouko and Chuuni.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 28, 2012 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:

8- medicore
yeesh
Nov 28, 2012 12:57 PM

Feb 2012
VioLink said:
RyanSaotome said:
VioLink said:
This is what Kyoani came up with to compete with SHAFT's Sasami@gabaranai and Nekomonogatari for winter sales? Hahaha good luck.

Nekomonogatari isn't coming out this season.

Edit: nvm it's just the preview.
VioLink said:
This is what Kyoani came up with to compete with SHAFT's Sasami@gabaranai and Nekomonogatari for winter sales? Hahaha good luck.

Yvese said:
I didn't know KyoAni was competing with Shaft. Or is this from your own imagination?

So you think one studio is fine with losing in sales?
Yvese said:
And honestly.. NOTHING competes with the monogatari series in disc sales. Even K-ON was a good 15k behind in disc sales to Nisemonogatari.

Exactly, so Samami is gonna sell more than this.
jmal said:
I also think your confidence in Sasami-san's sales potential is a bit premature. Monogatari and Madoka are huge exceptions to Shaft's usual modest sales performance.

It's SHAFT and Shinbo is working on it, it's gonna sell like hot cakes.
Your biggest mistake is predicting sales before any show even airs.

You're aware that SHAFT only has 3 series that have ever broken 10k sales, right? THREE. I'm sure you can guess which ones.

Just because it's shaft and 'Shinbo', doesn't mean it will sell like hotcakes. If that were the case, they'd be leading the studios in series with over 10k+ sales, but they're not. Not even close.
Nov 28, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
It's an "Trap" Anime, the "Girl" is actually a guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2012 12:59 PM

Nov 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
What on earth is with all the hate comments?

I look forward to it.

Its cool to hate on kyoani and everything that doesn't suit your tastes is horrible shit and and everybody who likes it has shit taste and should kill themselves.

Nov 28, 2012 1:00 PM

Nov 2011
IceBurn said:
draker said:
More moe shit.
Fuck you, KyoAni.

Kyoani is clearly not ment for people like you. Why do you care so much about them?

Nov 28, 2012 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
rederoin said:

Vizi_Reality said:

Hyouka, Chuunibyou and this one, if you count the year as beginning in April.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 28, 2012 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
rederoin said:

Vizi_Reality said:

Hyouka, Chuunibyou and this one, if you count the year as beginning in April.

I prefer to see 2013 as the "new" year, makes things less confusing.

Nov 28, 2012 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
What on earth is with all the hate comments?
"all of the"? I've barely seen any. I feel lonely in my disappointment.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 28, 2012 1:09 PM

Nov 2008
I'm seriously tired of this character design.
Nov 28, 2012 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
Once again in KyoAni related thread : It's hard to differentiate Trolls and Idiots.

Anyway, it's too early to judge anything about the series, but I'm excited with the director and scriptwriter choice. Neutral about the usual char designer.
Nov 28, 2012 1:11 PM

Oct 2011
Shuraaa said:
It's an "Trap" Anime, the "Girl" is actually a guy.
So it's something like K-On :(

rederoin said:
Kyoani is clearly not ment for people like you. Why do you care so much about them?
They want to make anime BETTER by getting rid of moe and stuff.
Unfortunatelly posts on MAL have lower impact on reality than buying BD/DVD so with every KyoAni show we repeat the process in hope that something will change.
Nov 28, 2012 1:11 PM

May 2011
Another K-ON? Interesting
Nov 28, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:

Yvese said:

Mark my words, Sasami = hotcakes.
[center]
Nov 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2007
>Buttdevastated people hating on the popularity of moe
>KyoAni saves anime again 10/10
>SHAFT is much better anyways
>Why cant they do action instead?
>WAAAAH people like anime I hate

Yup this is a KyoAni thread alright...carry on
Nov 28, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
They want to make anime BETTER by getting rid of moe and stuff.

lol
Nov 28, 2012 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
Meh, looks like another generic moeblob by KyoAni...

Will watch it though
Nov 28, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
Now I officially know that the KyoAni/key fanboys/girls can NEVER be even remotely as annoying as all those random haters. The posts in this thread are mostly ridiculously needless. No clue how anything works in the industry, hilarious scoring systems, who-can-shout-louder arguments and baseless predictions on every single page. I can now understand better why KyoAni/key fans reacted snappier than needed to criticism in the past, and I forgive them. I also tip my hat to those who still have the energy to argue back with reason, and promise myself to stay away from KyoAni threads in the future.

In any case I'm really glad now that Little Busters by KyoAni never happened - now they're apparently free to do a bunch of different shows in a row instead of having to focus on LB for 2-cours + specials & sequels.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 28, 2012 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
Same old crap, differant name/

If i ever watch this the entire time im going to be thinking "They actually thought this show was a better choice than FMP's last season"

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2012 1:37 PM

Feb 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Now I officially know that the KyoAni/key fanboys/girls can NEVER be even remotely as annoying as all those random haters. The posts in this thread are mostly ridiculously needless. No clue how anything works in the industry, hilarious scoring systems, who-can-shout-louder arguments and baseless predictions on every single page. I can now understand better why KyoAni/key fans reacted snappier than needed to criticism in the past, and I forgive them. I also tip my hat to those who still have the energy to argue back with reason.

In any case I'm really glad now that Little Busters by KyoAni never happened - now they're apparently free to do a bunch of different shows in a row instead of having to focus on LB for 2-cours + specials & sequels.

^ Listen to this guy.
Nov 28, 2012 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

they are just going to keep making the same type of show even after being the given the so called option pf "being free to do different stuff". They are a wasted talent in terms of animation that is to afraid to do anything outside of the school life moe field. They are not going to change that until all their shows start bombing which could range from years from now to never.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
VioLink said:

> 'Sasami will sell like hotcakes because it's Shinbou/Shaft"
> ::shown data of numerous Shinbou/Shaft failures::
> "lalalala I cant hear you"

Okay. Your words are marked by virtue of publishing them in a publicly accessible post online. But so what? If you're right, it's not going to be as if you offered a logical basis for your decision. You essentially just flipped a coin. Big deal. And if you're wrong, well, it's not like you'd offer a mea culpa or anything. So your words are marked, but they carry no weight.

Ill be right and you'll be wrong, that's all there is to it. I might rub in your face a little depending on the mood I'm in that day.
[center]
Nov 28, 2012 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
VioLink said:
jmal said:
VioLink said:

> 'Sasami will sell like hotcakes because it's Shinbou/Shaft"
> ::shown data of numerous Shinbou/Shaft failures::
> "lalalala I cant hear you"

Okay. Your words are marked by virtue of publishing them in a publicly accessible post online. But so what? If you're right, it's not going to be as if you offered a logical basis for your decision. You essentially just flipped a coin. Big deal. And if you're wrong, well, it's not like you'd offer a mea culpa or anything. So your words are marked, but they carry no weight.

Ill be right and you'll be wrong, that's all there is to it. I might rub in your face a little depending on the mood I'm in that day.
I havent seen such maturity since grade school

jmal said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
they are just going to keep making the same type of show

You know, you can keep saying that over and over and over and over, and it'll still be nonsense every time. But whatever floats your boat I guess.
yah cause looking at all their previous shows from the past few years seeing them all being moe high school slice of lifes isnt any indicator that they have a plan set out for themselves

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 28, 2012 1:50 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
VioLink said:

How can I be wrong when I haven't made a prediction?

You're not agreeing with me so you must think I'm wrong.
[center]
Nov 28, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

they are just going to keep making the same type of show even after being the given the so called option pf "being free to do different stuff". They are a wasted talent in terms of animation that is to afraid to do anything outside of the school life moe field. They are not going to change that until all their shows start bombing which could range from years from now to never.

Chuuni : Comedy - Non-harem Romance
Hyouka : Slice of Life Mystery
Nichijou : Random Comedy
K-ON : Slice of Life - Music
Key Trilogies : Drama

Same type of show? Ah, you mean school life? (Is that even a genre anyway?) Wait, this one looks like going to happen around market, so what is your complain again?

Don't mention moe since it's now evolving to describe any show that featuring a cute girl. How can even we call that a genre?
Nov 28, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
Will definitly give it a try!
Nov 28, 2012 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
if this going to be like chu2koi or hyouka.. i will dig in.. kyoani

but if its just moeblob like K-On.. i think i will pass..
maybe my head just gone wrong.. i didn't like K-on at all.. not hate it.. just not for me.. lol

Nov 28, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Chuuni : Comedy - Non-harem Romance
Hyouka : Slice of Life Mystery
Nichijou : Random Comedy
K-ON : Slice of Life - Music
Key Trilogies : Drama

Same type of show? Ah, you mean school life? (Is that even a genre anyway?) Wait, this one looks like going to happen around market, so what is your complain again?

Don't mention moe since it's now evolving to describe any show that featuring a cute girl. How can even we call that a genre?
never claimed it was a genre, and yes it does describe any show with cute girls in it, cause thats what moe is. cute things.

And no i dont hate school life, especially since NHK and clannad 2 of my favorite shows as well as tatami galaxy which is another one of my 10's all take place in, and it doesnt change the fact every single one of those shows you mentioned are all school life shows that share way way WAY to many similarities, the problem isnt with the setting, the problem is they ahve been playing it safe for years now and only nichijou has actually work and thats only cause it was the only one that attempted anything remotely different. The new show i can guarentee you wills till be school life despite revolving around a market, the girl is obviously in high school and they will without a doubt spend time in school.

It will be somkething we have seen a billion times over but people will eat it up just like they did such trash like hyouka or haruhi season 2,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 28, 2012 2:08 PM

Feb 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Well, similar or not, I've made the experience that I can really enjoy KyoAni and just don't like the key stuff. Clannad was only bearable because of KyoAni (and the decent male MCs) and Little Busters is already struggling to stay on my 'Watching' list.
In other words, I can enjoy a good school life/moe/slice-of-life/whatever anime, I just really can't start liking the key melodrama.

That being said, I'd be the first one who would LOVE KyoAni doing something gritty like Psycho-pass as an experiment one day. Something totally different from their usual stuff. It may happen in the next decade or it may not, it's certainly not up to me ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 28, 2012 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
Sees this right after waking up right in the morning...

Another Day=Made

Will definitely watch :D
Nov 28, 2012 2:15 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
VioLink said:
You're not agreeing with me so you must think I'm wrong.

This sentence, it's... wow. Genuinely wow. It's almost profound in the way it so unintentionally yet perfectly summarizes the problems fandom (hell, society in general) has in communicating with itself.

Mind blown.

Okay then, see you when Sasami outsells this.
[center]
Nov 28, 2012 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
KyoAni? Original TV anime?
Yesssss. Defintely watching. :D

Thought they weren't going to do one for the winter season, but guess I'm wrong. :P
Nov 28, 2012 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
mitch3315 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
@Yvese

Chu2Byo has:

1. Likeble characters not flat moe girls like Hyouka and K-On
2. Descent comedy(which K-On S2 and Hyouka lacked)
3. Real romance(just this is enough)

And juging from the current info about new series it would be another "cute girls doing cute things"

Yet you rated K-ON! and the Movie 8/10, while rating K-ON!! and Hyouka 7/10, I'm failing to see your dislike for either series in those scores.

As I was scrolling through this thread, I found almost nothing to comment on because I'm not planning to watch this at all, but your comment caught my eye. It brought to mind this:
DamonashuNov 28, 2012 2:30 PM
Nov 28, 2012 2:34 PM

Jun 2009
I'm always happy to see anything by KyoAni but I kinda wish they would adapt more Haruhi novels or finish with Hyouka...
Nov 28, 2012 2:44 PM
Aug 2012
Are the idiots being sarcastic
First : KyoAni isn't the only studio in japan who adapts anime
Second: keep trolling (even bother looking at your MAL pictures and signatures, i don't even think it's yours in first place to begin with)
Third: Why are you bothering to insult other people's taste to begin with?

Back to the topic, o-0 more kyoAni
Nov 28, 2012 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!
Nov 28, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
KamiKali said:

Because MAL.
Nov 28, 2012 3:03 PM
Aug 2012
HauntingShock said:
KamiKali said:

Because MAL.

more?
Nov 28, 2012 3:09 PM

Jan 2011
KamiKali said:
HauntingShock said:
KamiKali said:

Because MAL.

more?

Because My taste > Your taste.
[center]
Nov 28, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
Original TV Anime from KyoAni? ok im gonna check this out to see if its good
Nov 28, 2012 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Sigh.
Nov 28, 2012 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
I heard some rumours about the protaganist being a trap, anybody knows if this is true?

Because if it this, my reaction can only be described in 1 picture.

Nov 28, 2012 3:40 PM
Aug 2011
SO MANY LULZ.
Nice Thread.
Nov 28, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2011
I wonder why this thread has been getting so many replies
Ahh.... Looks like another thread filled with troll and unnecessary comments....

Mar 2010
jmal said:
PerlaNemesis said:
or finish with Hyouka...

There's only one novel left, so it's not enough for even a one-cour anime. Unless Yonezawa starts pumping out more books it's unlikely.
I've been convincing myself we'll at least get another OVA down the line

Aug 2011
AndyRayy said:
iLostReason said:
''KyoAni's New TV Ani--'' IM IN.

This.

Yep.
Nov 28, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Will watch, more KyoAni<3. Also to the guy with the rating scale of 8 being mediocre; I facepalmed so hard.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

Vindstot - Jan 2

37 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
16 minutes ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

19 by ezorde »»
2 hours ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Yesterday

6 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

33 by Fedge »»
8 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

28 by Adriannitro »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.