Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2012 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
Though rather subdued in nature, this was a really good episode, especially the latter half. It was also the best since the fourth episode, since it, essentially, was an introduction, however temporarily, into a significantly altered world and atmosphere. The methodical pacing in this episode and most others allows for an intricately woven narrative. As such, one of the most impressive aspects of the show is that the narrative rarely seems to progress through a predictable, seemingly predetermined path. This would typically create a relatively disconnected sort of confusion, as well as an unavoidable tendency to slip into a tonal dissonance, but the story has been so masterfully constructed that it never feels disorienting or contrived.

The extensive examination and resulting insight into their unsettling society continues to be exceptionally comprehensive and well-implemented into the narrative. There were several layers of nuance added to the depiction of the bizarre, contrasting nature of their regulated actions and the uniformity of their sexual relations. As such, the relations and dynamics between each character have immensely evolved in a rather significant fashion. Though these seemingly experimental intimacies definitely appear to be short-lived, the emotions and unique interactions that directly derive from the individual scenarios are quite captivating. Of course, due to the sudden transition to their 14-year old selves, the ingrained characterization has been appropriately altered for many of the characters, but, rather than feeling forced and somewhat disconcerting, it's quite believable. Essentially though, I felt that the moments of intimacy throughout this episode were comparatively handled better in the fifth episode, since they were more deftly illustrated in the latter.

Shun's development in this episode is incredibly interesting, as he purposefully drifts apart from the others, isolating himself from emotional connections with a self-imposed exile, due to the possibility that he's displaying symptoms that indicate the potential that he's suffering from the Rahman-Crogius syndrome, and that he'll eventually transform into a fiend. It's quite impressive that Shun was able to skilfully deduce that the Elder's were manipulating them and that they had known of their sealed Cantus all along. Of course, he's always appeared to be the most perceptive in the group, since, quite often, it seems as though he was distinctly aware of the blood-stained mysteries that had infiltrated their society.

My favorite sequence was Saki's painfully melancholic conversation with Shun, in which all of her complicated emotions lingered on the precipice of chance, tenuously clinging to the final hope for a shred of normalcy and permanency within her precocious desires for a seemingly impossible romance, culminating with her confession cut short and Shun's ominous warning that suggested Saki should be alert for Cats. It's also rather surprising, though not entirely unexpected, that they don't fully remember the details surrounding their summer excursion, which definitely seems to hint at some form of mental manipulation by the Elders. There was a choral arrangement that brilliantly accompanied this moment; one that's nearly as fantastic as the usual selection. This scene was tragically foreboding, as it potentially foreshadows an imminence towards Shun's death, superbly conveying a plethora of disparate emotions. Though he could certainly remain alive, there's a dreadful inevitability that permeates these fleeting moments. As such, there was an excellently meaningful, visual touch in this scene, in which a particular portion of the material used in the construction of the Holy Barrier separated their bodies from one another throughout the entire conversation, illustrating the seemingly irreparable distance between Saki and the tainted creature that Shun had become.

Aside from Saki's conversation with Shun, another one of my favorite sequences is the classroom scene, in which Saki begins to cry upon truly noticing Mamoru's unrequited affections for Maria, as this draws a clear parallel to her romantic feelings for Shun. There was a beautifully wistful musical selection that really complemented the moment, illuminating the complex emotions that were involved extremely well.

I love that there was a slightly heightened focus on Mamoru, since, though he's consistently appeared to strictly be a secondary character, I'm hoping that he receives an increased prevalence throughout the remainder of the show, so that he could be somewhat integral to the story, since the noticeable lack of development for his character remains one of the weakest elements of the show. Despite this criticism, it does seem quite likely that he'll be involved considerably more as the story progresses, possibly as an accessory to Maria's eventual cruelty, since, due to the dialogue at the end of the second episode, it's been subtly foreshadowed that she'll gradually turn into an uncontrolled fiend or something else altogether. Nevertheless, for better or worse, his characterization, so far, has indicated that he'll always accompany her, and that, perhaps, their fates are inexorably entwined.

The direction was solid; a definite improvement over the last three episodes, which is somewhat surprising, impressively so, since Kazuyoshi Yaginuma is thoroughly inexperienced in that area. Aside from that, his storyboarding was also great, as the majority of it was much more fluid, displaying a logical progression from one moment to the next, which was easily the most noticeable improvement, due to the occasional absence of any sort of cohesive continuity within a particular scene throughout several of the episodes that preceded this one.

The art, however, was clearly the weakest aspect of the episode, since it was far too inconsistent. As such, though it was still very capable of illustrating particular moments in an expressive and appealing manner, the mediocre art slightly detracted from the portrayal of several interactions and motions. On the other hand, the colorful aesthetic was very visually appealing, effectively contrasting the largely unremarkable repetition of scenery throughout much of the previous three episodes. The character's movements, as a whole, were animated really well. I particularly love the altered character designs, especially Saki's and Shun's, as they're able to capture the advancement in age superbly.

All in all, From the New World begins it's second arc with a thoroughly impressive episode, while it also continues to excel in nearly every area, save for some inconsistencies within the production values. This arc, so far, is thoroughly engaging and exceptionally intriguing, particularly due to the fantastic conclusion to this episode and the preview for the next one. Following the interesting, but rather divergent thread at the end of the last arc, the return, and subsequent familiarization, to the walls of their oppressive society was portrayed wonderfully, excellently reestablishing the subtly grim and threatening nature of their meticulously structured lives.
Nov 19, 2012 2:05 AM

Nov 2009
I actually hate yaoi/yuri with all my heart but I still think this anime deserves a chance. Its intersting so far and those scenes were kinda foreshadowed beforehand and the everything else just makes up for the yaoi/yuri even with the somewhat questionable animation.
Nov 19, 2012 2:20 AM

Jul 2011
I didn't understand why there are only homosexual relationships, or almost ?

I will see the next episode, but almost certainly I will drop it cuz I rushed the entire episode and I totally miss the plot.
Nov 19, 2012 6:55 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
FAQ for people confused:

Q [Arno]: That doesn’t mean they should LIKE homo relationships as they seem to do, and develop them systematically.

A: They are genetically engineered to prefer homosexual relationships instead of heterosexual relationships during puberty. For birth control purposes. You ask how come? Have you asked why young elementary school children have girls forming groups and boys forming groups? It works the same way.

Q [Arno]: And also there is something called dating with smooch only, and the pill, or abortion in the worst cases, or sterilization in the context of this anime.

A: This is the future where science is supposedly banned. A highly “religious” society as well. Just like some fundamental Christians don’t like birth control, there are many reasons why they don’t use them. Also, if you can genetically engineer humans to behave in homosexual relationships only during teenage years, you don’t need to bother with things like birth control.

Q [Arno]: And still, there should be a credible explanation of whatever it has to do with this story.

A: It has very much to do with the sociocultural setting of the story.

Q [Arno]: And teenage pregnancy is not really an issue in Japanese fiction, usually.

A: Well, you should start reading real “Japanese fiction” and not just light novels and visual novels (or eroge)

Q: How come love relationships came out of the blue? They didn't show any hint when they were 12 years old?

A: It's like puberty. Did you use to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex when you were 9 year old? What happened just 3-4 years later? Also, this is not the same as "love" as we know today. The affection that they show towards each other is the norm in that society. Just like how you do club activities with friends, they have sexual relationships between friends.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 19, 2012 9:12 AM
Nov 2012
"If only Shun and Saki were together, they are meant for each other ! One is an evil genius and the other one is a retarded kind-hearted women, don’t you see how well they match together?"

LOL!!! XD

http://0-gate.com/shinsekai-yori-episode-8/#
Nov 19, 2012 11:41 AM

Jan 2012
What the heck did I just watched? A friend told me... Wasn't Saki supposed to pair with Shun? I thought she was straight...

... But... what about Satoru and Saki?! Weren't they about to have sex in episode 5 when they were trapped by the Queerats?

And... POOR MAMORU-CHAN!! Let me have you in my arms! ;-;

But... Y'know, it wasn't that bad afterall. F*CK, MY FUJOSHI SPIRIT IS BURSTING! @A@

*Nosebleed*

... This thing is getting me even more confused every episode. But I'll keep watching, wanna see what's about to happen.
Nov 19, 2012 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
WHAT THE *BEEP*!
LOL at the strongest guy peeping at Maria.
That Egg! WTF did Shun do?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 19, 2012 12:28 PM
Jul 2011
nelsonbrabra said:
well, this was some weird shit.
ill keep watchin, but i just dont get why they suddenly start been interested in each other

This.

I just hope this anime doesn't start to get derailed from the way it was shaping up before this episode.. I want to know more about the society and history of the world than whom of our main characters kisses whom..
Nov 19, 2012 12:40 PM

Sep 2012
ernst said:

LOL at the strongest guy peeping at Maria.

I thought I was the only one to notice since nobody commented on it.
Nov 19, 2012 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
Ok, some parts of this episode were hard to watch... but, they explained it in episode 4. So I'm not gonna drop it =D

Anyway, I agree that animation was poor u__u
Nov 19, 2012 3:25 PM
Apr 2010
I'll be strong... I'LL BE STRONG! I like the yuri, but the yaoi.. OH GOD!
I'm a supporter of gay rights, and I have gay friends and even family members but...but... I'm still a guy. D:
Nov 19, 2012 3:29 PM

Apr 2007
Holy frick, this is officially the second worst anime I have ever seen. What a freaking giant pile of garbage. Goodbye and good riddance.
Nov 19, 2012 3:30 PM
Nov 2012
pilipino101 said:
I'll be strong... I'LL BE STRONG! I like the yuri, but the yaoi.. OH GOD!
I'm a supporter of gay rights, and I have gay friends and even family members but...but... I'm still a guy. D:

Well one of them, Shun, looks and sound like a girl (a very pretty girl), so...
Nov 19, 2012 4:52 PM

Oct 2009
very weird ep <.<;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 19, 2012 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
Can people please take their homophobia and throw it out the window? If you don't want to keep watching this series because of the Yaoi/Yuri, then don't. There's no need to start calling it "sick" and "disgusting".
Nov 19, 2012 5:58 PM

Mar 2009
please! someone...anyone...tell me that Mamoru will finally confess to Maria :'( poor dude I just want to give him a big virtual hug!
Nov 19, 2012 7:22 PM
Sep 2012
I found this episode a bit difficult to watch, but it was interesting mostly the last few scenes that involved Shun and his problems.
I hope the explanations and the outcome of the story are enough to satiate my curiosity because truthfully I have absolutely no I idea where this is going... well I do because of the novel spoilers thread but in 8 episodes I've just gotten more confused.

(This isn't on topic, but from reading several pages in this thread, I feel I have to defend myself).
I do no not condone homosexuality because I personally view it as wrong. Yaoi and Yuri are the same thing to me. I do not hate homosexual people either; I just can not condone the act because, truthfully, humans aren't made to be homosexual (in the anatomical sense at the very least). To people who feel differently than me: I'm sorry that you do but I won't preach to you... anymore than I already may have???
To people who dislike homosexuality: It is fine to dislike it, but do not be so forceful in your dislike.
Nov 19, 2012 10:37 PM

Oct 2011
Zanshouken said:
(This isn't on topic, but from reading several pages in this thread, I feel I have to defend myself).
I do no not condone homosexuality because I personally view it as wrong. Yaoi and Yuri are the same thing to me. I do not hate homosexual people either; I just can not condone the act because, truthfully, humans aren't made to be homosexual (in the anatomical sense at the very least). To people who feel differently than me: I'm sorry that you do but I won't preach to you... anymore than I already may have???
To people who dislike homosexuality: It is fine to dislike it, but do not be so forceful in your dislike.

I understand your point of view, I disagree with you, but I really thank you to express it like that.

If everyone that view homosexuality as wrong were like you, the world would be a better place.
Nov 20, 2012 6:09 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I don't think it added anything interesting to the story really, maybe at the beginning and at the end. I guess it was more about character development.

But everything exploded after this episode, it was almost ridiculous, people were all over the place with the homosexuality, like, calm your tits.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Hunt: Showdown 1896 again when you read this

Nov 20, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2008
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Why is it so hard to follow this? Please stop talking about the novel here.
Nov 20, 2012 10:10 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit LOL i'm watching this at school and have to keep looking back if anyone is seeing. I thought i would have to stop watching completely when that kiss came up.
The hell happened? Their society's psychology is interesting. It's as if puberty to them has to have dating, considering how many of the student body was with someone and how Satoru quickly switched partners after being dumped.
I have a bad feeling about the one after Maria. And the big shot staring up Maria's skirt was pretty disturbing. This show really likes messing your mind.

Also that dog looks like Squealer to me.

Cant wait for the next episode.
Nov 20, 2012 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
I guess i have to dropp that thing after that gay episode :o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 12:13 PM
Nov 2012
Shuraaa said:
I guess i have to dropp that thing after that gay episode :o

You do realize that this is the only episode in the series that you will see something like that...?

There won't be any more yaoi.
Nov 20, 2012 1:19 PM

Dec 2011
So Shun's gone now? What's the odds he'll reappear later? (no, that isn't a request for spoilers)

A hundred more questions added. What were those balls floating around Shun? What exactly did that guy do to him? And what's happening now?

It keeps piling more on, and I'm loving it. I need more. When's the next episode?

Although admittedly in one scene Shun's jaw looked a bit strange when he was speaking, that's the only fault of another great episode in this great series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 20, 2012 1:21 PM
Sep 2011
So are the homophobes gone yet? I don't see were you get the impression this is so out of no where, you need to either start paying attention to the show itself or just get out of denial because the reason for the Yaoi and Yuri was outright stated by the computer thing in episode 3 when he told them that they aim for a society like the bonobos. Heck the sound clip was replayed during the scene between Satoru and Shun, or did the Yaoi just impair your ability to read?
Honestly most of the excuses I see for hating it are really stupid anyway like "the characters weren't in love with eachother before this, why are they now?"(It's called a 2 year time skip by the way).

It angers me so much that such a good show is getting so much hate for one of its main themes that has been forshadowed for episodes on end.
edl01Nov 20, 2012 1:27 PM
Nov 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
WHAT?! Saki+Shun forever.. one day.
Nov 20, 2012 1:43 PM
Sep 2011
-Cross- said:
Anyone else surprise that Mamoru is actually a dude?

I'm glad someone else brought this up :)
Nov 20, 2012 1:49 PM
Nov 2012
zinx said:
WHAT?! Saki+Shun forever.. one day.

SakixSatoru FOREVER!!!
Nov 20, 2012 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
Wow. I didn't see that coming. I actually thought it had got kinda interesting with Saki and Satoru the last few episodes.

Then okay a time skip that's fine right. Then .... out of nowhere everybody is gay? Satoru even gets with another dude and grabs his ass in class? Wtf?

Then despite liking Shun I guess Saki is with the other chick.

Yeah .... too much too fast. Don't like bromance. It just seemed really forced and out of the place based on the previous episodes.
Nov 20, 2012 3:09 PM

Mar 2009
edl01 said:
-Cross- said:

wasn't that obvious ? he is wearing a boys uniform after all
Nov 20, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, but there was no indication they had any feelings for each other what so ever. As far as the anime explanation they only engage in random sex acts when they are in a state of anxiety. This is just retarded on all levels. As much as I enjoy Yuri, that scene was totally unwarranted as well. This anime had great potential but the lack of explanation or coherency in the character's actions renders this anime unwatchable.

Nov 20, 2012 3:26 PM

May 2010
Two years and everyone goes homo... >_>
Nov 20, 2012 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
"Well...that escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand fast"

But seriously are people actually dropping this anime because of this ep? Kind of a crazy knee jerk reaction if you ask me
I don't like yaoi (I like yuri) but I'm not gonna drop it because of this
Nov 20, 2012 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Zeally said:
There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, but there was no indication they had any feelings for each other what so ever. As far as the anime explanation they only engage in random sex acts when they are in a state of anxiety. This is just retarded on all levels.

They've hit puberty. It's normal to feel a certain amount of pressure and stress when you're a teenager, and they need some outlet for it so that they don't become like Shun. Their relationships aren't meant to be serious because they won't last; they keep them stress-free in their teenage years and prevent them from having children with the amount of sex they must need before they're old enough, wise enough, and fully indoctrinated in the beliefs of their society to understand and accept what's probably going to happen to their kids (namely that there's a pretty good chance they won't last long). Shun did compare his and Satoru's relationship to dolls for a reason (apart from the fact that he is an angsty and somewhat crazy teenager); it's all just a silly, childish facade of a relationship and is meant to be that way. I have to admit the episode spent too much time hammering in the whole Society of Love thing, but it wasn't nearly as out-of-character for the show as people seem to be saying.

I liked this episode for bringing back the sinister conspiracy-type feel to the show. I wasn't too keen on the Queerat wars arc, and I'm much more interested in finding out more about the whole psychic society. Now that Saki's aware something's going on again, I'm sure the next few episodes'll have more going on in them.
Nov 20, 2012 6:48 PM

Sep 2012
So with Shun out of the picture, it became Saki X Satoru and Maria X Mamoru (in the near future when they're allowed to go with the opposite gender)? xD

yeah, I assume.
Nov 20, 2012 9:01 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm so this was all the hullabaloo about yaoi/yuri in the past several episodes discussions (which I didn't bother to read). That was also all the warning I had so I was somehow mentally prepared, I admit I was initially taken aback by the tongue wrestling but like the story I moved on. I'll probably see more yaoi/yuri actions later as some have warned but I guess I'll stick around for the story alone.

AnimeMangaSuki said:
edl01 said:
-Cross- said:

wasn't that obvious ? he is wearing a boys uniform after all

Now I'm wondering why they thought he wasn't.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 20, 2012 9:47 PM

Sep 2012
I think it is lovely that the perfect society that has been created is all about equality. if things were more like this in real life the world would be a much better place.
Nov 21, 2012 12:22 AM

Apr 2011
The animation was... so poor ;_;

I didn't mind at all the yaoi and yuri scenes.This is how their world works,duh.
Nov 21, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Time skip
Nov 21, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
I can't believe so many people were excited for this so show.
Nov 22, 2012 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
Zeally said:
There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, but there was no indication they had any feelings for each other what so ever. As far as the anime explanation they only engage in random sex acts when they are in a state of anxiety. This is just retarded on all levels. As much as I enjoy Yuri, that scene was totally unwarranted as well. This anime had great potential but the lack of explanation or coherency in the character's actions renders this anime unwatchable.

There is no explanation because you're supposed to get it on your own. It wasn't just Saki and her group that turned homosexual, but the whole community. Episode 4 told us clearly that there was some groups which were manipulating the whole society. If every teenagers turned homo after this episode, it's because the group that is controlling the community wants them to act this way, and for good reasons.
If you think it's out of character, that's because it's meant to be this way. The manipulation of this group made the PK users lose some of their individuality, . Saki and the others are not able to act according to their wishes. So if you blame this anime for showing inconsistency of the character, it actually means that you didn't understand what this show is about, and you should probably stop watching it as it's not meant for you.
Nov 22, 2012 7:56 AM

Dec 2011
SetsukoHara said:

There is no explanation because you're supposed to get it on your own. It wasn't just Saki and her group that turned homosexual, but the whole community. Episode 4 told us clearly that there was some groups which were manipulating the whole society. If every teenagers turned homo after this episode, it's because the group that is controlling the community wants them to act this way, and for good reasons.

While I agree that this is likely to be the reason, if that's the case then how come Mamoru was unaffected?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 22, 2012 8:21 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
SetsukoHara said:

While I agree that this is likely to be the reason, if that's the case then how come Mamoru was unaffected?

Most likely because his love for Maria is too strong. There can be other reasons but from what we know, this seems to be the most plausible reason.
Nov 22, 2012 11:21 AM
May 2010
SetsukoHara said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
SetsukoHara said:

Most likely because his love for Maria is too strong. There can be other reasons but from what we know, this seems to be the most plausible reason.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who paid attention to Mamoru. In a way, he's defying societal norms. I might be reading into that a bit too much, but I have a feeling it's going to be relevant later.
Nov 22, 2012 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
A really interesting start to the new 'book'. The art did take a slight dip for a bit, but I still found it to be fine. I knew it was a new book, so I was expecting a bit of a slower ep.

They totally foreshadowed all of the homosexuality. This is a natural progression, and complaining about it is just naive. It isn't suddenly a yaoi/yuri show, this was part of the civilization they are in and it was explained earlier in the show.

I look forward to seeing where this story goes. I like when shows tackle unconventional themes, and I kinda like how it bothers the immature and naive.
Nov 23, 2012 6:22 AM

May 2010
Yall are seeing this all wrong it call The Collage Year have come early man damn so just chill, i get it yall dont want to see BL same here but ya did, deal with it LOL.

see the problem here is alot of yall didnt grew up watching jackass they did alot of gay stuff on that show so i was kinda prepared for this. but some stuff ya cant be unseen. Haha

but yea this was way to much even for me
HydnlifeNov 23, 2012 6:36 AM
Nov 23, 2012 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
How can it be "way to much" (sic) when it was hardly anything?
Nov 23, 2012 10:12 AM

Oct 2011
DAT HOMOPHOBIA in this forum !
It's like : "OMG YURI YEEESS §§!!!" "Ew. Two boys kissing ? That's absolutly disgusting"
Woaw. I can't believe that... there are still people now who will drop a anime just because of some gay scenes. And strangely they don't care about the yuri...
But well. Whatever.
Like this episode, animation not really good but the story is still interesting.
I felt so bad for Mamoru Y_Y
Myou-MyouDec 28, 2012 2:07 PM
Nov 23, 2012 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
Myou-Myou said:
DAT HOMOPHOBIA in this forum !
It's like : "OMG YURI YEEESS §§!!!" "Ew. Two boys kissing ? That's absolutly disgusting"
Woaw. I can't believe that... there are still people now who will drop a anime juste because of some gay scenes. And strangely they don't care about the yuri...

Because yuri (or anything girl on girl really) is generally more accepted whereas anything man on man is considered borderline satanic by some people. Double standards really. Hopefully the next generation will finally get over it, although there will always be haters *insert haters gonna hate picture here*.

I also felt bad for Mamoru but I doubt he's even told Maria how he feels. He seems to be too timid to muster up the courage to confess. What I didn't like the most was how Saki told Mamoru to try to "find someone" when she obviously knows how he feels about Maria, struck me as kind of a cold thing to say but maybe it's just me.
Nov 23, 2012 7:57 PM

Jan 2012

Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Rudyanto13 »»
Sep 3, 10:05 PM

» why did everyone turn gay?

bladewade - Aug 23

14 by BiazinhaBR »»
Aug 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Should humans adopt some parts of Bonobo sociosexual behavior similar to Shinsekai yori?

Zarutaku - Aug 15

19 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Aug 21, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

303 by KhalidCB »»
Aug 19, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Favourite character?

Akane-chi - Jul 20, 2016

2 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 15, 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.