Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 1, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
Rufus suffered from severe brain-freeze... (dun dun, tssssss)

Anyone? C:
Nov 1, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:

No. Rufus was melting the ice but Gray jumped in during that and slashed Rufus before he could finish.

Ahh, true that. Thought that Ice Bringer was supposed to have survived through the fire and not that it was made at the last second. Maybe so. One way or another he won, and outdoing him in terms of speed is equally good to me that outpowering him straight out.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 1, 2012 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
Yuujou said:
Rufus suffered from severe brain-freeze... (dun dun, tssssss)

Anyone? C:

Hahaha that's actually a good way to sum it up XD

This guy has been watching all of the previous matches so in theory he should also have Jura and Jellal's magic in his repertoire.

Also Adam Blade and Adam Arklight called and said they want their skill back.

Darklight0303Nov 1, 2012 12:06 PM
Nov 1, 2012 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
"Ice Make: Unlimited Blade Works" is what Gray was trying to say.
Nov 1, 2012 12:23 PM

Oct 2011
It was okay... the fight could've easily been better had it been longer. I don't think the fight should've been concluded in a single chapter. Even though I wanted to see Gray win a major fight, it feels like he BSed his way through.

Nov 1, 2012 12:46 PM
Apr 2012
Gray needs to keep that hat...
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
Nov 1, 2012 12:56 PM

Sep 2010
HE STRIPPED!!

*last page*
Ace, is that you? Dark looks a bit like Ace with that hat on....
Nov 1, 2012 12:56 PM
Aug 2011
All Grays regular moves were upgraded to the next level.
Ice Make Hammer - Ice Make Impact. That was the most impressing upgrade.

Gradation said:
"Ice Make: Unlimited Blade Works" is what Gray was trying to say.

But that has a copyright mark, so he couldn't.

Darklight0303 said:
The title of the next chapter sounds like we are heading back to Natsu and the gang

Cannot wait for next week then. Natsu is ganna illogically smash some walls.
Nov 1, 2012 1:01 PM

Apr 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Darklight0303 said:
The title of the next chapter sounds like we are heading back to Natsu and the gang

Cannot wait for next week then. Natsu is ganna illogically smash some walls.

As always XD
I wonder who will fight next!
Maybe Juvia or Gajeel.
Nov 1, 2012 1:28 PM

Aug 2010
This week we had to shounen MC make up for their failures and be totally BA...first, Zoro and now Grey XD
Nov 1, 2012 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
Dat "Unlimited (Ice) Blade Works".
Great chapter.
Nov 1, 2012 2:08 PM

May 2011
Love it, Gray, that is ONE AWESOME technique there!
Nov 1, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
"I"ve memorized stronger flames" Awesome reference to Natsu
MugiwaraKenshiNov 1, 2012 4:36 PM
"If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is useless" - Roronoa Zoro
Nov 1, 2012 5:15 PM
Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Gray's Unlimited Ice Blade Works reminded me a bit of how Erza exquips her sword like during Fantasia. Heck some of em even look like Erza's swords.

Great minds think alike Darklight, the exact formation they made reminded me of heaven's wheel (erza's attack).
Nov 1, 2012 5:17 PM

Jan 2008
Wow! Gray is really awesome in this chapter! It may be short but the winning quote "I've memorized stronger flame" is freaking good! Juvia is so cute with her covering her face when Gray stripped and her love-shaped eyes after Gray has that best winning posture ever, with the hat on.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Nov 1, 2012 5:59 PM

Aug 2012
Gray was badass in this.
GRAY FTW!!!

You see even emotion can be used as a weapon.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 1, 2012 6:02 PM

Nov 2009
nakama power wins again
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2012 7:19 PM
Oct 2012
You know when his shirt comes off he means business! Glad he got his moment ^^
Nov 1, 2012 8:07 PM

Mar 2011
Strange thing how the match is actually carried out within the city. The king and the organisers apparently don't give a fuck about the repairs. I pity the taxed of fiore.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 1, 2012 9:21 PM
Sep 2012
Kanic said:
Strange thing how the match is actually carried out within the city. The king and the organisers apparently don't give a fuck about the repairs. I pity the taxed of fiore.

Haha maybe they should put Ultear back on the payroll!
Nov 1, 2012 10:16 PM

May 2011
Gray: "DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS, MAN OF MEMORIES!?"

References aside, Gray was great this chapter. He put that fool in his place and looked better in his hat too lol. It was good to see a mention of Orga's magic again as well, that means Laxus vs Orga is getting that much closer.
Nov 1, 2012 10:42 PM

Mar 2011
antonnn said:
Agree Kanic, too short, should have been 2 chapters imo, but I guess for story progression they need to keep fights short and sweet.

Definetely agreed, but considering that Gray is a main don't you think he deserves more? I understand that there is an overload of battles to take place and I agree with what you say but, dude, imagine what's gonna happen with Erza and remember Natsu's fight with the DS. Natsu had 3 chaps for him(if not more, don't remember accurately) and Erza will get at least 2. That's exactly the reason people mistakenly believe that Gray is a failure, cuz he gets overshadowed by these little things.
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 1, 2012 10:42 PM

Jun 2011
Gray too Pro in my book.
Nov 2, 2012 2:38 AM

Dec 2011
Gray you hot bastard. ♥

"He stripped?!"

LOOOOL!!! I love that! And..

"I've memorized stronger flames."

OMG!!!! ♥
Nov 2, 2012 3:59 AM

Apr 2010
Kanic said:
antonnn said:
Agree Kanic, too short, should have been 2 chapters imo, but I guess for story progression they need to keep fights short and sweet.

Definetely agreed, but considering that Gray is a main don't you think he deserves more? I understand that there is an overload of battles to take place and I agree with what you say but, dude, imagine what's gonna happen with Erza and remember Natsu's fight with the DS. Natsu had 3 chaps for him(if not more, don't remember accurately) and Erza will get at least 2. That's exactly the reason people mistakenly believe that Gray is a failure, cuz he gets overshadowed by these little things.

Yeah, he's not as popular as Erza and Natsu so he won't ever get as much time, unfortunately. At least he absolutely bossed it, I guess. I'm curious as to if Gajeel and Laxus will get much time in their respective fights. Neither are part of the main group(so to speak) but are good characters that deserve good fights. Juvia is one of my 3 favourites in the whole Manga but I have no faith in her getting more than 1 chapter, unless they involve Grey in it and she loses her shit again(I hope!!). That's an observation though, maybe Grey will have some involvement in her fight so they made his a bit shorter?

Each of these characters in the team should get 2 chapters per fight IMO, 1 on 1. Erza's will probably be dragged out to 3 with a bunch of fanservice crap as Minerva embarrasses her at some point and shreds off her clothing. I hate that one of my favourite Mangas turned to so much fanservice. This ain't Kenichi dammit!
Nov 2, 2012 4:10 AM

Mar 2011
^It's definetely not at HSDK's level of echiness XD.

I don't think that Laxus/Juvia will get that much time. But I know for certain that Erza will, as for gazeel...well..he already had his share with the tag team, despite being overshadowed, so in Hiro's eyes he might be done already.
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 2, 2012 4:43 AM

Feb 2010
Gray showed them who is boss!
Nov 2, 2012 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
fan service for girls..
was expecting a more serious fight
power of the emotions my ass
Nov 2, 2012 6:53 AM

Aug 2012
Honestly, I didn't really like this chapter THAT much. It was alright, but definitely seemed rushed like others have stated. Gray doesn't get much screen-time, so it was good he got his badass moment, but honestly I think it could have been better. I mean Gray has always been fairly even with (non-nakama powered up)Natsu, so if Natsu can THRASH two of ST top guns without even trying, Gray should be able to do just as much. I've never been a huge Gray fan, but I think he deserved more than one chapter. Now if Gajeel doesn't get his due.. I will not be happy ;_;
Nov 2, 2012 7:35 AM

Aug 2012
I loved the chapter <3 Gray was epic (finally) and I hate his role of being the most underrated of the main cast. Srsly, fuck Lucy and I bring Natsu a few lvls to earth so he doesn't BS with his potential through the series so much, and give Gray the time he deserves. (I know it's stupid but I had to say it xd)

On another note: I still think Gray will get Lion (with or without Juvia) so I'm pretty sure this isn't the last we'll see of him :)
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Nov 2, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
^Real cute.

But if he does get Lyon that leaves Juvia facing either Minerva or Milliana or Kagura. Personally hoping on Minerva. It'd be nice development for Juvia past the constantly fangirling trend she has going on in not so clutch situations.
Nov 2, 2012 8:16 AM

Aug 2012
^agreed. That way Kagura could face Erza straight on without so much beating around the bush. Also I'm pretty confident Miliana would be in the same box with Kagura then. About the Jellal thing...yeah.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Nov 2, 2012 10:05 AM
Feb 2012
That last page- what a smug dude. Nice one, Gray.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 2, 2012 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
That was awesome.

Now I want to see Gray fight Lyon.I mean,Lyon should be around his level of strength,and Gray isn't on a perfect condition now,so it would be a good challenge for him.And,the only time the two disciples of Ur fought was back at Galune Island,seeing them fight now would be pretty awesome.I'm a fan of all these Ice makers :D

Now I'm looking forward to Gajeel vs Rogue,which seems more probable to happen than GrayvsLyon.I'm also getting more excited about Orga vs Laxus.We all know Laxus will win,but Orga's magic does seem challenging for him.
Nov 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Aug 2012
^ and Laxus is on rampage mode, he even blocked Rufus lightning instead of absorbing it :D

Nov 2, 2012 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
All of these battle predictions sound nice, but expect the unexpected...

The only reason everyone was 99% sure Gray was gonna fight Rufus was because, well, he said it would be his responsibility to defeat him.

After that, I wouldn't be totally surprised if we saw a couple of "anomalies" take on the bigger foes.

I would be pleased, rather, if instead of Gajeel fighting Rogue, JUVIA took on the Shadow Dragon. :)
Nov 2, 2012 3:34 PM

Aug 2012
^ Honestly if Gajeel doesn't take out both the dragon slayers, or does something equally impressive, I will be pissed.
Nov 2, 2012 4:29 PM

May 2012
would've liked more strategy in that game....
still happy that gray won though :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Dec 2011
Yuujou said:
All of these battle predictions sound nice, but expect the unexpected...

The only reason everyone was 99% sure Gray was gonna fight Rufus was because, well, he said it would be his responsibility to defeat him.

After that, I wouldn't be totally surprised if we saw a couple of "anomalies" take on the bigger foes.

I would be pleased, rather, if instead of Gajeel fighting Rogue, JUVIA took on the Shadow Dragon. :)

Yes,it's normal to see some non-predictable things,but the reason Gajeel would have to fight Rogue is because we never got anything on the reason Rogue wants to beat Gajeel,or even anything on his backstory.That,and Gajeel couldn't fight the whole dual DS fight,so it would be interesting.
Nov 2, 2012 6:57 PM

Apr 2008
Gajeel needs to wipe the floor with both DS's so he can be on the same level as Natsu. and honestly Juvia vs Rogue would not be a fight at all. Both have the ability to become intangible.
Nov 2, 2012 9:09 PM

Aug 2011
UNLIMITED FUCKING BLADE WORKS.
Fuck this manga.
Nov 2, 2012 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
Cry cry.

I hope there's an Erza-Kagura-Minerva 3 way battle. That would be epic, but probably very unlikely due to this whole Fairy Tail vs. Sabertooth thing going on.

Another problem with Grey is despite being part of the main group, he's too normal. He doesn't stand out, therefore he's always going to be overshadowed. Most of his more memorable parts for me come when he's in comedic scenes as opposed to battles. This was probably his coolest battle in terms of moves he's pulled, and that pose haha. Though I did like how he froze his blood to own Ultear. :D
Nov 3, 2012 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
Once again, Gray uses his brain to get around his opponent's abilities. Honestly, Gray's fights may be short but it's always nice to see a fight that isn't won because of a random power up.

Gray vs Racer-Gray noticed the range problem with Racer's magic and won
Gray vs Sugar Boy-Gray destroyed the key but memorized it's exact structure and thus made a new key.
Gray vs Ultear-Freezing his own blood to get past Ultear's time magic.

Though, as much as I liked this fight. I have to say, I didn't understand the build up to it. Yes, yes, I know....Sabertooth is a bunch of pricks and Rufus did hurt Gray during the first day....but here's what I don't get. Gray acts like Rufus murdered his parents or something, all Rufus did to Gray personally was attack him during the first day, and he wasn't just aiming for Gray....he managed to hit multiple characters. If anything, that little spikey douche from Raven Tail should be on Gray's hitlist...but he's locked up and I guess Gray just feels like he should get back at Rufus for the humiliation of the first day, plus Rufus was one of the guys that enjoyed the show of Minerva beating Lucy to near death. It's just....Gray makes this fight look so personal but yet Rufus hardly even acknowledged Gray at all before this fight. That's just my opinion, still a great chapter regardless.
MachoGooseNov 3, 2012 2:18 PM
Nov 3, 2012 2:07 PM

Apr 2008
SadTreeButler said:
Once again, Gray wins using his brain. Honestly, Gray's fights may be short but it's always nice to see a fight that isn't won because of a random power up.

Gray vs Sugar Boy-Gray destroyed the key but memorized it's exact structure and thus made a new key.

Though, as much as I liked this fight. I have to say, I didn't understand the build up to it. Yes, yes, I know....Sabertooth is a bunch of pricks and Rufus did hurt Gray during the first day....but here's what I don't get. Gray acts like Rufus murdered his parents or something, all Rufus did to Gray personally was attack him during the first day, and he wasn't just aiming for Gray....he managed to hit multiple characters. If anything, that little spikey douche from Raven Tail should be on Gray's hitlist...but he's locked up and I guess Gray just feels like he should get back at Rufus for the humiliation of the first day, plus Rufus was one of the guys that enjoyed the show of Minerva beating Lucy to near death. It's just....Gray makes this fight look so personal but yet Rufus hardly even acknowledged Gray at all before this fight. That's just my opinion, still a great chapter regardless.

Actually Gray won vs Ultear only because of Ur being the ocean.
Nov 3, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
SadTreeButler said:
Once again, Gray wins using his brain. Honestly, Gray's fights may be short but it's always nice to see a fight that isn't won because of a random power up.

Actually Gray won vs Ultear only because of Ur being the ocean.

True, but I didn't mean Gray used smarts to win, I meant he used smarts to get around Ultear's time magic.
Nov 3, 2012 2:36 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't really see much of a build-up. WE were all excited because Gray was finally getting a shot to shine again, but as far as Gray personally, I only saw him trying his best to help his team. I assume the reason he volunteered was because everyone else already had a job, and Mavis wasn't sure who would fight Rufus. It was a big deal because Rufus' ability was ST main strategy. With him now gone, ST is much less of a threat.
luffydragneelNov 3, 2012 2:39 PM
Nov 3, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
^ I think it was an obvious standing, this Gray vs. Rufus and a good build up..

1. Gray can easily see a rivalry in Rufus because they use the same type of magic (Make magic). He said the first day---> it's my job to take on this guy.

2. He humiliated Gray in the first round, and the thing FT mages hate the most is someone being cocky and acting like they're 'above' them.

3. He as a part of ST had no values whatsoever to his guildmates and enjoyed hurting Gray's friends.

As a memeber of FT, I think Gray had all the build up he needed to be HIM that takes Rufus down.

4. Laxus avenged Gray if you are talking about Raven Tail :)

Nov 3, 2012 4:19 PM

Sep 2009
kiDnameDSkia said:
BTW, it's kinda wierd but NO ONE mentioned anything about Historie Lumen or whatever is its name, I'm quite sure the part of that in the future is equal importance to Zeref, Acnologia.
Well who could've mentioned it? The only ones who know about it are supposed to be Mavis, Hades, Makarov and Gildartz. Gildartz promised Makarov to not to tell anybody about it, Hades was vaporized by Zeref and I doubt that Mavis and Makarov have any reason to bring it up for coffee table discussion.
Nov 3, 2012 4:22 PM

Apr 2008
Lahis said:
kiDnameDSkia said:
BTW, it's kinda wierd but NO ONE mentioned anything about Historie Lumen or whatever is its name, I'm quite sure the part of that in the future is equal importance to Zeref, Acnologia.
Well who could've mentioned it? The only ones who know about it are supposed to be Mavis, Hades, Makarov and Gildartz. Gildartz promised Makarov to not to tell anybody about it, Hades was vaporized by Zeref and I doubt that Mavis and Makarov have any reason to bring it up for coffee table discussion.

I think he was talking about the readers.
Nov 3, 2012 6:03 PM

Jun 2011
I'm starting to think Fairy Tail is running out of ideas..... I mean Ice Make: Unlimited? Couldn't they have left out the Unlimited part and name it something else? It's a little too much like Unlimited Blade Works... Though, I doubt changing the name would do anything to make this better.
FastnessofWheelsNov 3, 2012 8:23 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

76 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 386 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

113 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 385 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

animefan8800 - May 22, 2014

120 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 384 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

short_review - May 15, 2014

123 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 383 Discussion ( 1 2 )

soul-reaper - May 8, 2014

85 by a0o-kun »»
Jun 8, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.