Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 27, 2012 11:30 PM

Jan 2012
dtshyk said:
According to the cover note on the 12th volume, Honna Wakou's ecchi manga "Nozoki Ana" was announced to get an anime adaptation.

Source: Picture of the cover note

wanna see the review >.< let's see if this anime is good just like the kissxsis too .
Sep 27, 2012 11:53 PM

Dec 2011
Only read the manga a bit but,this is awesome news. Hope it won't fail me.

Sep 28, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:

Lol, you seem to lack alot of knowledge concerning the industry, so let me clear up a few things for you. Oretama is the last ecchi anime i'd expect to be popular, the manga sales are almost non-existant. the magazine it's being serialized in is not well known, and none of the the series in it got an anime adaption. so if Oretama got an anime adaption, "extremely unpopular" would be more fit to describe it.

LOL, it seems you are the one who lack knowledge about the industry. I came to know about Oretama because I read so many Japanese hentai fans recommending it. You may want to tell me your evidence that "the manga sales are almost non-existent" because from what I heard it is pretty well-knwon among hentai manga fans in Japan and the sales are decent for a hentai manga.

The magazine on which the manga is serialized is Young Animal Arashi, and contains well known pieces like Nana to Kaoru (for a while it was moved to Young Animal but now it is serialized in both magazines), which got an anime adaptation in 2011. So what you said about " none of the the series in it got an anime adaption" is not entirely true.
symbvSep 28, 2012 1:26 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 28, 2012 1:39 AM

Dec 2010
I'm wondering how? Only an ova series can handle this like Nana to Kaoru, a tv serie they wil lcensor pratically everything and nothing left since the anime is 100% based on fanservice, nudes and sex.
Crossing finger will be an oav serie.
Sep 28, 2012 2:02 AM

Feb 2012
Fnights said:
I'm wondering how? Only an ova series can handle this like Nana to Kaoru, a tv serie they wil lcensor pratically everything and nothing left since the anime is 100% based on fanservice, nudes and sex.
Crossing finger will be an oav serie.

Unless AT-X comes to the rescue~

Btw, does hentai ever get aired on TV?
Sep 28, 2012 2:13 AM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:

Unless AT-X comes to the rescue~

Btw, does hentai ever get aired on TV?

Hentai when the genitals and everything is shown? Nope, it doesn't get aired on TV (as far as i know), I think it's on DVD's and BD's, they release several Hentai series monthly (up to 20 new ones each month), so it's pretty easy for them to make money lol.
Sep 28, 2012 8:28 AM

Jun 2010
Dahell? Looks like a hentai to me..
Sep 28, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
Sep 28, 2012 9:42 AM
Apr 2011
I can't believe it, I started reading the manga last year in late November, I imaging this would get an Anime, thought it would be impossible do to it Sex scenes, this is a true muture adult ecchi manga/anime, NO teenagers or high school settings, all adult 20 years and older or college teachers, lots of sex , some rape sences, Ikuno Emiru FTW
Sep 28, 2012 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
Ill definitely watch this, I'll check out the manga soon.
Sep 28, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
Will watch, manga is very enjoyable.(if anyone is wondering, its basically borderline hentai in the manga, the actual genitals aren't shown and is censored.)
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Sep 28, 2012 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

LOL, it seems you are the one who lack knowledge about the industry. I came to know about Oretama because I read so many Japanese hentai fans recommending it. You may want to tell me your evidence that "the manga sales are almost non-existent" because from what I heard it is pretty well-knwon among hentai manga fans in Japan and the sales are decent for a hentai manga.

The magazine on which the manga is serialized is Young Animal Arashi, and contains well known pieces like Nana to Kaoru (for a while it was moved to Young Animal but now it is serialized in both magazines), which got an anime adaptation in 2011. So what you said about " none of the the series in it got an anime adaption" is not entirely true.

Oretama isn't a Hentai manga, it's a borderline-H fetish manga. Why don't you tell me your evidence that Oretama is well-known or it sold at the very least a considerable amount? Because even if it is well known and even if it did sell, that doesn't mean it will get an anime adaption and it doesn't mean it will be popular when it does get one, which is highly unlikely anyway.

Don't go telling people to provide you with evidence when you can't provide one to back up your statement yourself (Not that i need evidence, mind you).

Nana to Kaoru is on Young Animal, the one on Young arashi is a spin-off, and if it was moved, then it's for a reason.

Well, you know lots alright.
Sep 28, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
It's likely this will be an ova like Koe de Oshigoto and Asa Made Jugyou Chu.
Sep 28, 2012 8:49 PM

Apr 2011
Paul said:
Ozaki said:
i'd prefer this not to be adapted....
it'd be better if it stayed a manga imo

Yea, I would too.

Don't selfish they need the money!!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 28, 2012 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Omniknight said:

Yeah what he did! I don't this type of smut! tehehe...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 29, 2012 12:06 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:

Oretama isn't a Hentai manga, it's a borderline-H fetish manga.

I know, but so what?

Downgrade355 said:
Why don't you tell me your evidence that Oretama is well-known or it sold at the very least a considerable amount? Because even if it is well known and even if it did sell, that doesn't mean it will get an anime adaption and it doesn't mean it will be popular when it does get one, which is highly unlikely anyway.

Just a brief search can find a lot of favorable reviews of the manga
http://dai.at.webry.info/200708/article_16.html
http://qpdool.at.webry.info/201004/article_38.html
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/vbanboo/20080928/1222621839
It even featured in the well known manga survey "Kono Manga ga Sugoi" and was given top place in 2008. The survey got a lot of attention in the manga industry, so it is easy to see why it is well-known in Japan among manga fans.
http://b.hatena.ne.jp/entry/www.akibablog.net/archives/2008/03/oretama-080329.html
http://seguchi.blog.so-net.ne.jp/archive/20080328
It was successful enough to go on to publish 6 volumes, even though the magazine is not that well-known.

Of course there is no guarantee that a popular title will always get anime adaptation, but it was you who gave reason that Oretama will not be anime adaptation because nobody knows it and its sales is non-existent.

Downgrade355 said:

Don't go telling people to provide you with evidence when you can't provide one to back up your statement yourself (Not that i need evidence, mind you).

I gave my evidence, now show me the evidence that your claim it is not known in Japan and its sales is non-existent please.

You have the tendency to make claims that sound factual and definite, and you often sneer at people by saying things like "you don't know how the industry in Japan works", but in fact you often only give half-truth or incorrect information but say it as if you know it all and look down upon those who don't happen to be as informed. This is why I ask you to back up your claim.

Downgrade355 said:

Nana to Kaoru is on Young Animal, the one on Young arashi is a spin-off, and if it was moved, then it's for a reason.

And that is for a reason that they put a spin-off in Young Arashi too.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 29, 2012 12:22 AM

Sep 2011
@symbv
I don't think random reviews on random hentai sites would by any means count as "evidence", because if that's the case then every manga that was ever made is "well-known" and "popular". do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

give me the sales numbers, or a credible source that proves the manga is well known and popular, then i might reconsider taking it back what i said.
Sep 29, 2012 12:30 AM

Jul 2009
Downgrade355 said:
@symbv
I don't think random reviews on random hentai sites would by any means count as "evidence", because if that's the case then every manga that was ever made is "well-known" and "popular". do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

give me the sales numbers, or a credible source that proves the manga is well known and popular, then i might reconsider taking it back what i said.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=449709

its popular enough that it sold a lot during one week

if its the other manga, I never heard of it =X
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Sep 29, 2012 12:59 AM

Sep 2011
Dudewitbow said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=449709

its popular enough that it sold a lot during one week

if its the other manga, I never heard of it =X

We're talking about a manga titled Oretama, not Nozoki Ana.
and FYI, 33k for a manga is nowhere near "a lot". but at the very least it did sell lol
Sep 29, 2012 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
@symbv

I said that I knew Oretama through recommendations in Japanese forum and sites.
You may have no idea of how popular those sites are and how often they are listed in trackbacks in other sites, but I am not going to do an internet wide analysis just to show that to you. Just like you choose to ignore the "Kono Manga ga Sugoi" top place result as you probably don't know how well known that survey is.

At the end you still fail to provide evidence about Oretama being not known and sales non-existent. Are you finding it difficult to provide even "random reviews on random hentai sites" evidence on that??

Your tendency to present half-truth and untruth as fact in a better-than-thou manner is not helping the overseas fan community.

Sep 29, 2012 1:43 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

You may have no idea of how popular those sites are and how often they are listed in trackbacks in other sites, but I am not going to do an internet wide analysis just to show that to you. Just like you choose to ignore the "Kono Manga ga Sugoi" top place result as you probably don't know how well known that survey is.

At the end you still fail to provide evidence about Oretama being not known and sales non-existent. Are you finding it difficult to provide even "random reviews on random hentai sites" evidence on that??

Your tendency to present half-truth and untruth as fact in a better-than-thou manner is not helping the overseas fan community.

hold on a minute, are you seriously trying to prove that Oretama is well known through online reviews on Hentai sites?

Are you finding it difficult to provide a credible source? or at least the sales number? If you can't even provide those, then your argument is pretty much invalid. (Not that it was valid by any means, mind you)

give me a credible source, anyone can write a review in a popular site, and that certainly doesn't mean everyone shares the same opinion as the one who wrote that review, did you seriously not consider that? do you think 3 or 4 people writing manga reviews online makes that manga popular? by your unreasonable logic, every manga is popular, because pretty much every manga has a review. and i can't even believe you used that as your "evidence".
Sep 29, 2012 11:11 AM

May 2008
I hope they don't fuck it up like the Nana to Kaoru OVA. :/

I sense they're going to cut a lot of stuff and make it awkward...
Oct 2, 2012 7:03 PM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
symbv said:

hold on a minute, are you seriously trying to prove that Oretama is well known through online reviews on Hentai sites?

Are you finding it difficult to provide a credible source? or at least the sales number? If you can't even provide those, then your argument is pretty much invalid. (Not that it was valid by any means, mind you)

REPEAT: At the end you still fail to provide evidence about Oretama being not known and sales non-existent. Are you finding it difficult to provide even "random reviews on random hentai sites" evidence on that?? So what made you say that Oretama was little known and the sales non-existent? What makes your initial argument being valid? Where is your evidence of backing up your original claim??

Oct 3, 2012 1:13 AM

Aug 2011
Are they really serious? This, out of all everything else they could do, is gonna get animated? :S

Naxrrhid_BladeOct 3, 2012 1:17 AM
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 3, 2012 4:09 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

REPEAT: At the end you still fail to provide evidence about Oretama being not known and sales non-existent. Are you finding it difficult to provide even "random reviews on random hentai sites" evidence on that?? So what made you say that Oretama was little known and the sales non-existent? What makes your initial argument being valid? Where is your evidence of backing up your original claim??

I looked through the internet for sales everywhere, or anything that could prove that Oretama is even just a bit popular, can you find the sales numbers? If not then it's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, its not like the world is going to end or anything.
Oct 3, 2012 4:41 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:

I looked through the internet for sales everywhere, or anything that could prove that Oretama is even just a bit popular, can you find the sales numbers? If not then it's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, its not like the world is going to end or anything.

Sales figures were all archived, particularly we are talking about a book published around a couple of years ago. But I really wonder where you got the idea that Oretama was little known and had non-existent sales from. Did you guess it by yourself because the material inside was so unconventional?

Anyway, for Oretama being at least a bit more known than the standard borderline-H manga, besides my own experience that I knew about the manga only after seeing a bunch of websites mentioning it, and the fact that of all the manga serialized in Young Animal Arashi, very very few made it to 6 tankobon volumes, I would say the following, which I dug out with internet search, lend credence to Oretama having a certain level of recognition and popularity among seinen manga readers.

- The major anime/manga/doujin bookstore chain Toranoana had the following book sales ranking (not just manga but all books sold in the store) for its flagship store in Akihabara in 2008, where Oretama vol.3 was #4 bestselling in the previous week and #9 bestselling in the week of Sep 29 to Oct 05. In its 2nd week it still beat Roasario+Vampire2 vol.2 first week sale in the bookstore.
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/178/178935/

- I remember reading 2ch thread in which one mentioned the Oricon comics ranking had Oretama vol.4 ranked right above Pani Poni vol.12 when both were released in the same week. Pani Poni may not be a top seller but it is not a manga that is little known either. I could no longer find it now so you have to trust me on this.

- The heroine of Oretama even had a 1/8 figurine made for her http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?oldscode=113107 The manufacturer must have deemed there were enough people knowing Oretama and also a demand sufficient enough for them to create the figurine.

- Not just hentai website, but general manga review sites like the popular Ikkan Tokuha also wrote article about Oretama
http://manga-1.com/?eid=2185
Or people who do not usually write about hentai manga also mentioned Oretama
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/jcsat2a/28114772.html (here the blog writer said 何気に本屋に行ったらオレたまの4巻が大量に置いてあった "I went to a bookstore out of no particular reason and I found a large number of Oretama vol.4 in it")
symbvOct 3, 2012 6:34 AM

Oct 22, 2012 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
I never really felt a more appropriate use for the phrase; "My Body is Ready.." than this. XD
Oct 22, 2012 2:12 AM

May 2012
Sounds like some lame ass porno.

Sex sells, even in Japan.
Nov 10, 2012 8:43 AM
Oct 2012
Can't believe this is going to be an anime, this is gonna be crazy.
Nov 10, 2012 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
Very excited for this! Though I hope the story's as good as the manga, rather than pure fan service.
Dec 8, 2012 10:56 PM
Dec 2007
You can be damn sure the word 'Seinen' will be replaced by 'Shounen' in the adaptions category list -.-

Could this work?
Sure, if they maintained it's target (adult) audience and got say, Ufotable & Pixy to collaborate on it.

What will actually happen?
<Insert generic shite echhi rewrite here>
BimbamDec 8, 2012 11:33 PM
Dec 9, 2012 1:14 AM

Jul 2010
holy crap, just recently started reading this, and its a very mature and serious manga.
i really dont think though that it will look good on TV with the limitations and all the problems they will be dealing with

Dec 9, 2012 5:22 AM

Mar 2011
Maji de ............. ?? ?? ??
Dec 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Nov 2010
Naniiiiiii, anyword on the release date for this, and yea i believe that there will be alot of censorship and its going to kill it for me.
Dec 11, 2012 1:03 PM
Dec 2011
REALLY ?!?! FUCK YEAH
Dec 12, 2012 8:02 AM

Sep 2011
gt5591r said:
Naniiiiiii, anyword on the release date for this, and yea i believe that there will be alot of censorship and its going to kill it for me.

Lol the manga's already censored enough.
Dec 12, 2012 10:18 AM

Jan 2008
Neonzel said:

My body is ready.

Hell, i don't think mine is. I don't know if i could take watching an animated seen of when...

...I'm sure most already know what i'm thinking.

Dec 12, 2012 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
Synrite said:

Hell, i don't think mine is. I don't know if i could take watching an animated seen of when...

an animated seen of when what?
Dec 12, 2012 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
Downgrade355 said:
gt5591r said:

Lol the manga's already censored enough.

censored from being H-content yea.

Downgrade355 said:
Synrite said:

an animated seen of when what?

i only recently just passed "that" part (atleast im hoping were thinking the same thing but (huge spoilers!)

Jan 1, 2013 4:10 AM

Jan 2011
Started reading this manga a few days ago and only just realised it's getting an anime adaptation. Damn, never thought this would ever get an anime. It'd be better off being a hentai to be honest. Just hoping censorship went destroy it. :P
Jan 1, 2013 6:48 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm, Nozoki Ana been animated. wowww.
I wonder what will be? OVA? TV series?

One thing for me, i'm gonna watching it.
Jan 1, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
its definetely going to be an OVA not TV its impossible for a TV anime my guess is its going to be a hentai OVA like AKI-SORA since its a borderline H manga

but still gonna watch it cause i like this manga
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Jan 12, 2013 5:36 PM
Jul 2012
is this http://myanimelist.net/anime/17157/Nozoki_Ana
what it was greenlit for?

Or is it another tv or ova series? Or just that 1 episode :/
Jan 12, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2008
Ah... its been confirmed as a single OVA? Well there goes all my hope for a proper adaption.
PaulJan 12, 2013 5:44 PM
Jan 12, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2012
No idea if it's just a single OVA for just the volume or if it's still going to continue as an overall series and that ova is just a farewell gift.
Jan 12, 2013 7:03 PM

Feb 2012
Well I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a single OVA. Way too much sex for it to be a tv series. I'd love to be wrong though.

Hopefully this single ep goes right into the good stuff ;D
Jan 13, 2013 9:29 AM
Jul 2012
Hopefully it isn't just that one OVA or it would be pointless to announce being green lit for an anime adaption.
Jan 13, 2013 2:35 PM
Mar 2012
Yezzir, Amazing manga!!!
Jan 19, 2013 1:04 AM
Jan 2013
I've got a baaaad feeling about this man. I'm going to watch it anyways, but shit man...
I'm going to feel so many bad feels... Does anyone else think this manga is pretty much torture?
Jan 20, 2013 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
can't wait to fap to this...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Nageki no Bourei wa Intai shitai' Unveils New Cast, Main Promo

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

1 by jennie258fitz »»
4 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

25 by Oppai_Loli_God »»
4 hours ago

» 'Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku' Unveils Additional Cast, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Sep 18

4 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago

» Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

7 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.