New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 13, 2012 4:45 PM
May 2010
StopDropAndBowl said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Its Long over every with any good sense have said the good era of anime died when the Bubble burst cause less money beging put in the anime

It hasn't died(in my opinion).

if you how things work when Major studios work [ajusting with inflation] Work the same amount of money smaller Studios did in the Golden age Just to ponit out the Golden age was for Japan as a nation Soon as madhouse lost its Independence the Golden age died fof th animation industry in Japan died end of

"If you look how things work; for example, when major studios are working [adjusting for inflation] with the same budget that smaller studios worked with during the 'Golden Age', IMO, this displays that the 'Golden Age' for anime has ended, because less money is being put into anime. Especially when Madhouse lost it's independence, I think this signaled the end of the anime industry in Japan."

Is that an accurate translation? I'm just wondering cause I can't make heads or tails of what you mean otherwise...

That is accurate, as far as I can tell.

I dont think the fact the industry has less money means the golden age has ended, to be honest. Or that it was even started back then.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 13, 2012 4:56 PM
Mar 2011
miereneronaile said:
StopDropAndBowl said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
Its Long over every with any good sense have said the good era of anime died when the Bubble burst cause less money beging put in the anime

It hasn't died(in my opinion).

if you how things work when Major studios work [ajusting with inflation] Work the same amount of money smaller Studios did in the Golden age Just to ponit out the Golden age was for Japan as a nation Soon as madhouse lost its Independence the Golden age died fof th animation industry in Japan died end of

"If you look how things work; for example, when major studios are working [adjusting for inflation] with the same budget that smaller studios worked with during the 'Golden Age', IMO, this displays that the 'Golden Age' for anime has ended, because less money is being put into anime. Especially when Madhouse lost it's independence, I think this signaled the end of the anime industry in Japan."

Is that an accurate translation? I'm just wondering cause I can't make heads or tails of what you mean otherwise...

That is accurate, as far as I can tell.

I dont think the fact the industry has less money means the golden age has ended, to be honest. Or that it was even started back then.

The Modern anime Industry started in 63 with Atom the Golden age began with Gundam 0079 and lasted till G Gundam then anime was in the wilderness silver age 95- 98 bronze age 99- 04 Dark age 2005- 2007 2008- the new sliver age
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 13, 2012 4:57 PM
May 2010
@Enjolras1830

Money wise, perhaps.. but I totally disagree in terms of quality.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 13, 2012 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

Same here.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 13, 2012 5:02 PM
Mar 2011
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

moe lover augment
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 13, 2012 5:02 PM

Mar 2011
Obviously I was inclined to say no, but then I looked at the title: "An era of good anime has finished", and I thought "maybe an era did end, and another began?". Perhaps there was a season where there was only shit, thus ending one era, and then it went back to normal again, starting another. It's entirely possible right?

After all, it's not saying "The era of good anime has finished?".
Aug 13, 2012 5:03 PM
Mar 2011
and puls in mean in every way the age i set is money qutly every thing

Aug 13, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

moe lover augment

Nostalgia fanboy argument.

Aug 13, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:

But the money part is not important to fans, good shows are..

Aug 13, 2012 5:07 PM

Aug 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

moe lover augment

Moe hater argument.
Aug 13, 2012 5:08 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

i Care about the industry P/l margins matter to me and and P/L margins are getiing red and more red

Aug 13, 2012 5:10 PM
Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
Enjolras1830 said:
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

moe lover augment

Moe hater argument.

i say i dislike it but its a necessary evil for good of the industry

Aug 13, 2012 5:12 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

i Care about the industry P/l margins matter to me and and P/L margins are getiing red and more red

And you're not most fans, why should we care about it? aslong as the anime is good, why does it matter?

Aug 13, 2012 5:16 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

And you're not most fans, why should we care about it? aslong as the anime is good, why does it matter?

If them Margins get to red studios will die

Aug 13, 2012 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

That is true, but that has nothing to do with the quality of anime.

Aug 13, 2012 5:25 PM
Mar 2011
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

remember this
" its better to go flrusris than to just fade away"

i isa y that is every anime
maybe the the last of a studio is its not a big top Teir Hihly back studio and there best shall be there last

Aug 13, 2012 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:
rederoin said:
Enjolras1830 said:

remember this
" its better to go flrusris than to just fade away"

i isa y that is every anime
maybe the the last of a studio is its not a big top Teir Hihly back studio and there best shall be there last

eh.. what?

How does that relate to the current seasons "being shit"?

Aug 13, 2012 7:40 PM

Oct 2010
Enjolras1830 said:
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

moe lover augment

Actually, diversification argument. The industry, if highly focused on some traits (moe, for example), is still more potentially varied than in its first years/decades, simply because the main genres have rooted and are constantly bringing new versions and reformulations.
Aug 13, 2012 7:46 PM
May 2010
Enjolras1830 said:
miereneronaile said:
@Enjolras1830

moe lover augment

Your right, I am, but I dont need it to enjoy a show. Actually, as far as I am concerned only one of my favorites is.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 13, 2012 9:52 PM

May 2012
Gorl there's going to be more overrated anime blown out of proportion later, don't worry.
Aug 13, 2012 10:07 PM

Nov 2008
An anime's fandom doesn't always support its quality.
Jan 8, 2013 12:56 PM
Mar 2012
I won't be as presumptive as to say "the era of anime is over". I haven't watched that many.

However, I'm worried, pretty worried as the last three anime I've completed are Fate/Zero, Gunslinger Girl, and yesterday Fate/Zero. I don't know if it's because I'm still too fresh from having watched S;G, but I'm scared that those three stories were soo good, that they may have set an impossiblly high standards for my enjoyment on future anime. Maybe it's because I marathoned them relatively close together.....
Jan 8, 2013 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Don't worry guys, Inferno Cop is saving anime one frame at a time.
removed-userJan 8, 2013 1:10 PM
Jan 8, 2013 1:07 PM

Jan 2012
superseiyan said:
I won't be as presumptive as to say "the era of anime is over". I haven't watched that many.

However, I'm worried, pretty worried as the last three anime I've completed are Fate/Zero, Gunslinger Girl, and yesterday Fate/Zero. I don't know if it's because I'm still too fresh from having watched S;G, but I'm scared that those three stories were soo good, that they may have set an impossiblly high standards for my enjoyment on future anime. Maybe it's because I marathoned them relatively close together.....

I never watched Fate/Zero.... Because I already know how it ends thanks to Fate/Stay. Plus I hate prequels. It's like "Why did we even go through what we did during the first series if we're just going to be retracting". Anyways, I really enjoyed the animes of 2012. There were a lot that I really loved. As for what the OP is talking about... See SAO.... and the massive storm that it garnered. Honestly it's gotten so much attention that I wouldn't be surprised if a English distribution company doesn't get their hands on the rights to it. If that happens then no doubt it'd get some air time on the Toonami late night block.
Jan 8, 2013 2:33 PM

May 2010
It's not over, There's just more shit anime out there and more shitty fans
Jan 8, 2013 2:37 PM

Nov 2012
The OP is... Animefreak1?

This can't be...!!!
Jan 8, 2013 2:41 PM
Apr 2010
Only difference between then and now is that more of the bad shows are being subbed and uploaded these days compared to back then where it was usually the good ones being subbed. That, and most fansub groups have shitty taste in anime now.
Jan 8, 2013 2:58 PM

Nov 2010
RandomPerson3 said:

This can't be...!!!

also somebody bumped a 3 month old topic... seems to be the new hype on mal, bumping forgotten topics
Jan 8, 2013 3:26 PM
Oct 2012
i think in anime, just like in economics, there will b booms and recessions. its not like there r NO good anime lately (as said a million times in this thread), its just that there is only so much ideas producers could come up with at one time. sure there will b a boom where one amazing anime after the other will b released, but what makes it sooo amazing? its the recession that calms us down from all the excitement that really makes us crazy when a really good anime comes out. if in 1 year 25/30 anime were amazing, then the next year, obviously people will b disappointed cuz all the good ideas were used previously. so its not really an "era" coming to an end but just a recession thats leading up to a boom :) only time will tell.
Jan 8, 2013 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
kickthebucket said:
RandomPerson3 said:

This can't be...!!!

also somebody bumped a 3 month old topic... seems to be the new hype on mal, bumping forgotten topics

Yeah have noticed that too. Gonna keep my eye on superseiyan.
Jan 8, 2013 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Kazeshini said:
and more shitty fans

That's because kids who were born when Bill Clinton was the president are now old enough to enter college.
Jan 8, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
op pls respond.
Jan 8, 2013 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
Neane1993 said:
Kazeshini said:
and more shitty fans

That's because kids who were born when Bill Clinton was the president are now old enough to enter college.

Pretty much this.

Hi! Welcome to the The End of Anime Tour of 2D. Where we are walking in 2D-Fighting Arcade style. I am your Today's Tour Guide.

You see, Anime is like a Timeline. If you see what's on your left there are majority of good shits of anime. Now if you see what's on your right there are majority of bad shits of anime. However, if your lucky you might find some rare gems. Although be careful they tend to attack and feed on Anime Fan who have shit taste. Now enjoy for the rest of the tour.

Thank you for spending your time on The End of Anime Tour.
Jan 8, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2010
An end to era, is starting of another one...who knows maybe the new era would be better then the one that passed lol
Jan 8, 2013 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
blah blah u dont like the new shows that come out or have apparently run out of shows to watch. jst stick with old shows then
Jan 8, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
Well we can't really tell just from this winter lineup, can we?
There are going to be many years to come and we can't tell what's going to come out of it. :I
I think 2012 ended with a few decent anime.
Jan 8, 2013 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
Think about it, the anime you've listed comes from a hugely broad time span.

What trash was released in between those "greats"?

And besides, I think the whole glory days on anime thing is a big joke. If you don't like moe harem BS that's fine, but there is FAR more than that out there, and if you can't find it, you're blind.

I would say that 2012 was one of the best years for anime. We got so many incredible shows, some of which go down in my all time favorites. 2011 had a few gems as well. Point is, when people say "x sucks now days, remember way back when it was really good?" They either weren't around during the "golden days" or they haven't heard the saying "90% of everything is garbage". There will always be bad music, there will always be bad anime, bad movies, bad shows. Just because there is some trending fad you don't like doesn't mean it's all turned to shit.

Space Brothers, Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, AnoHana, Monogatari, Sakamichi no Apollon, and many other recent anime I have given 9s and 10s to, are absolutely brilliant.
Jan 8, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
kickthebucket said:
RandomPerson3 said:

This can't be...!!!

Isn't that because if you create a similar thread the mods merge them together?
Jan 8, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
ovoon7 said:
Think about it, the anime you've listed comes from a hugely broad time span.

What trash was released in between those "greats"?

And besides, I think the whole glory days on anime thing is a big joke. If you don't like moe harem BS that's fine, but there is FAR more than that out there, and if you can't find it, you're blind.

I would say that 2012 was one of the best years for anime. We got so many incredible shows, some of which go down in my all time favorites. 2011 had a few gems as well. Point is, when people say "x sucks now days, remember way back when it was really good?" They either weren't around during the "golden days" or they haven't heard the saying "90% of everything is garbage". There will always be bad music, there will always be bad anime, bad movies, bad shows. Just because there is some trending fad you don't like doesn't mean it's all turned to shit.

Space Brothers, Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, AnoHana, Monogatari, Sakamichi no Apollon, and many other recent anime I have given 9s and 10s to, are absolutely brilliant.
i agree with everything u say. and i dont like ppl that say every anime that wasnt made in the 80s/90s is shit
Jan 8, 2013 8:32 PM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:
>Completed 39 anime
>Laments the end of the era of good anime

Yeah but they could just be like me. I'm too lazy to update my list on every single series I've ever seen..... Actually my list on MAL is barely scratching the surface.
Jan 8, 2013 8:37 PM

May 2011
There are plenty of good shows out there. What the OP is describing is hype, and you still have those hyped titles. There's usually about one or two a year.
Jan 8, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
RockerXD said:
There are plenty of good shows out there. What the OP is describing is hype, and you still have those hyped titles. There's usually about one or two a year.

2013 most hyped is going to be attack of the titans (or whatever that show is called)
Jan 8, 2013 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
skullkid0 said:
RockerXD said:

2013 most hyped is going to be attack of the titans (or whatever that show is called)

At least its source material and PV live up to the hype, unlike some other shows out there..
Jan 8, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2010
nil- said:
skullkid0 said:
RockerXD said:

At least its source material and PV live up to the hype, unlike some other shows out there..
PVs are supposed to hype up the show though, and anime doesn't follow the source material to the fans liking some of the time.
Jan 8, 2013 10:47 PM

Dec 2011
flaxman85 said:
More like the increase of fans with shit anime taste that's bringing down quality of anime

I feel like that more than an era of good anime ending.
Jan 8, 2013 11:05 PM
Jan 2013
Every "era" is mostly filled with crap anime but the good ones stick out in our minds. Also, every anime you mentioned with the exception of Hajime No Ippo has been on American television at one point which is another reason why they stand out :/
Jan 8, 2013 11:07 PM

Sep 2012
What a dumb fucking thing to ask.
Jan 8, 2013 11:09 PM

Oct 2012
It certainly seems that quality anime is becoming harder and harder to find.

Jan 8, 2013 11:10 PM

May 2012
nil- said:
skullkid0 said:
RockerXD said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YgCwZ486A

Lol, I doubt it.

Even the name reminds me of the new (trash) games of Crash Bandicoot.
Jan 8, 2013 11:13 PM

Apr 2012
k11chi said:
nil- said:
skullkid0 said:
RockerXD said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YgCwZ486A

Lol, I doubt it.

I think you're addressing IntroverTurtle, not me. But I agree, many PVs don't do a goob job setting up the hype, and that's one of them. A generic-looking shoujo will always be generic-looking by any other name.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - 2 hours ago

12 by solacez »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 2 hours ago

15 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 57 minutes ago

1 by Rhae »»
22 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - 35 minutes ago

0 by MaximumHolder500 »»
35 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 2 hours ago

9 by solacez »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.