Forum Settings
Forums

KyoAni's Next TV Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 6, 2012 2:49 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like another shitty anime
Jul 6, 2012 2:55 PM

Jun 2010
This is actually old news, will definitely watch it. KyoAni ftw.

I guess after this they will Animate Kyōkai no Kanata then possibly K-ON! S3?
Jul 6, 2012 3:30 PM
Dec 2008
with hyouka not selling to haruhi, k-on, and lucky star levels, this one better make it up or kyoani will go down the drain
Jul 6, 2012 3:31 PM

May 2011
Art looks good, girls look cute, dat eye, and its a romcom. Sounds good to me.
Jul 6, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
kaena said:
with hyouka not selling to haruhi, k-on, and lucky star levels, this one better make it up or kyoani will go down the drain
That's an ignorant thing to say.

KyoAni is one of the few studios with the most flexibility in terms of what they adapt. Frankly, it wouldn't matter if KyoAni's next few NEW shows only just break-even. Fact of the matter is, if KyoAni started to hurt for cash ( Which they aren't even close to ), all they'd need is to make another season of Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-ON, or even FMP.

Have a look at this list that shows all the shows that sold over 10k avg per volume starting from the year 2000: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1972211#post1972211

If you breakdown that list by studio, KyoAni is #2 with 10 titles. Also, as Jmal said, only 19 shows have broken the 30k mark and KyoAni claims 3 of those 19 shows. Lucky Star would have been in the list but it just barely made 30k ( It avged 29.1k )

So basically, KyoAni is likely swimming in cash right now. The fact that they barely produce more than 2 shows per year adds to this.

With all the cash they have, I'd really like to see them expand into other genres like Shaft did with Madoka and the Monogatari series.

Yes, I'm a KyoAni fanboy ;D
Jul 6, 2012 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
Well as long as it is from KyoAni i'll be watching anything

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 6, 2012 4:10 PM

Feb 2012
romcom? will be watching....
Jul 6, 2012 4:16 PM

Sep 2009
I tend to like a lot of KyoAni stuff so I'll probably be checking this out.
Jul 6, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2009
KyoAni...this may come as a shock. But there is a world that exists outside of a school setting. Use it.

Yvese said:
Fact of the matter is, if KyoAni started to hurt for cash ( Which they aren't even close to ), all they'd need is to make another season of Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-ON, or even FMP.

My information may be wrong but I thought FMP did badly.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 6, 2012 5:16 PM

Feb 2009
Ugh. Generic, and I've heard bad things about the novels. I'll probably watch it, but I'm getting really sick of all this moe crap they pump out.

At least it's not like K-On with all girls, though.
Jul 6, 2012 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
So this is what KyoAni is doing instead of Little Busters!? Oh KyoAni... how you've fallen.
Jul 6, 2012 5:41 PM

Feb 2012
AidanAK47 said:
KyoAni...this may come as a shock. But there is a world that exists outside of a school setting. Use it.

Yvese said:
Fact of the matter is, if KyoAni started to hurt for cash ( Which they aren't even close to ), all they'd need is to make another season of Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-ON, or even FMP.

My information may be wrong but I thought FMP did badly.
I havn't personally checked so you might be right. There seems to be some demand for it in Japan though so I felt like adding it in there. That and I just really want to see KyoAni do something different since nearly all their titles have been focused heavily in a school setting.

They have the resources, talent, fame, and potential to make something awesome and different.
Jul 6, 2012 6:11 PM

May 2011
/Instantly overhyped due to kyoani

Better be better than that crap Hyouka
Jul 6, 2012 6:21 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
But Yvese's larger point about KyoAni being fine is true. Besides, they're an animation studio, not a big publisher/distributor. Success or failure of a property has a lot more to do with than just the animation studio.

KyoAni tends to be more of a part on production committees than the average anime studio. Also unlike other studios, they also get rights to sell their own merchandise/production books. Recently, they're also starting to branch into publishing written materials. This show is likely part of the promotion on their light novel division, KA Esuma Bunko, just like their CM for their latest light novel.

For this property, success has more to do with KyoAni than any other member of the production committee. It's fully homegrown (own LN award, own published LN, own marketing, etc), so they stand a chance of losing/making the most profits. Of course, they need distributors and connections for timeslots/discs/magazines, but the primary sources are all KyoAni this time.

On the other hand, people saying they prefered to do this instead of Little Busters is incredibly inaccurate. Key simply assumed they would get more anime with the other members of their committee (TBS, Pony Canyon, KyoAni) and when K-On! proved to be a huge hit for the other members, Key was put to the side until that was done. Their other committee with Kadokawa/Lantis/etc wouldn't have done a Key work instead of a Kadokawa work. Things just happened that KyoAni was booked up until now and Key didn't want to wait any longer.
Jul 6, 2012 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
Cool director. :0
Jul 6, 2012 9:21 PM

Jul 2011
looks interesting. i like the char design as always.
Jul 6, 2012 9:33 PM

Aug 2011
another one from kyoani..yay.

will be waiting for this one.
Jul 6, 2012 11:57 PM

Jul 2011
Maybe.
Jul 7, 2012 2:00 AM

Sep 2011
Sounds a little weird, but I'll watch since it's KyoAni.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 7, 2012 2:31 AM

May 2012
Be a bit demanding at least. If i see something bad for my taste, i don't care if it's come from my favourite staff i will drop it cruelly after few eps. If you watch it only because it's made by Kyoani, then you may waste your time.
Jul 7, 2012 4:43 AM

Nov 2011
I'm really waiting for this! I've always been more or less "chuunibyou kid" :D

Jul 7, 2012 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
The 2 different eye things are getting a little tiring xD But sure, I'll check it out...

Jul 7, 2012 8:31 AM
Mar 2010
So this is it then? does not look so bad.
Jul 7, 2012 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
If this doesn't sell Kyoani would be forced to make an another Haruhi hopefully...

but this looks like it would be better than the last 2 anime series they made, I will watch it I guess
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 7, 2012 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
what does that suppose to mean in the title?

middle-two-sickness/disease???
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 7, 2012 10:52 AM

Jun 2011
Other than the fact it's going to have brilliant animation, I don't see anything interesting with this series.
Jul 7, 2012 11:02 AM

Feb 2012
GodlyKyon said:

If you're asking what chuunibyou is, it's commonly defined as a grown person acting like a junior high kid, or someone that indulges in fantasies.

For example, Okarin from Steins;Gate likes to think he's a mad scientist. Kobato from Haganai who portrays herself as the 'mistress of the night'. Kuroneko from Ore no Imouto is another example. A real life example would be a grown up doing naruto hand seals ><

Basically, if you like those character types ( I love them as seen from my profile :P ), then this anime is for you.
Jul 7, 2012 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Im fanboy of girls with eyepatches and/or heterochromia eyes + KyoAni = MUST WATCH :3

GodlyKyon said:

Here you go:

Which means title says ''Chuunibyou, But i Want to Love!'' i guess.

@edit ninja'd ;_;
Jul 7, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2010
I'm suddenly reminded of Code Geass with that MAL pic.
Jul 8, 2012 3:18 AM

Dec 2011
wow! it's cool news, everyone!
i just can't wait to see new KyoAni show!
Jul 8, 2012 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
Sigh* no more shojo ZZz
Jul 8, 2012 5:27 AM

Nov 2010
Adds to watchlist
KyoAni never disappoints!
Jul 8, 2012 6:40 AM

Aug 2011
I like some KyoAni shows but taking a look at the genres I'm not sure if I would watch this or not.
Jul 8, 2012 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
Mahadev_Shiki said:
Anything by KyoAni is a must watch.

Same for me.
Jul 8, 2012 9:58 AM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:
If this doesn't sell Kyoani would be forced to make an another Haruhi hopefully...

but this looks like it would be better than the last 2 anime series they made, I will watch it I guess

If its better than Nichijou it's going to be freakin' amazing.
Jul 8, 2012 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Seems interesting, but I wished KyoAni would make some new Suzumiya Haruhi stuff soon.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jul 8, 2012 1:44 PM

Jun 2010
I'm not sure for this but since it's kyoani I'll look forward but I will not expect too much.
LOL
Jul 8, 2012 8:37 PM

Jan 2010
KyoAni = must watch. Heterochromia only makes it better.
Jul 8, 2012 9:27 PM

Mar 2011
More Kyoani=More fun ^_^
Jul 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
jmal said:
Kurini said:
so this was the series that made kyoani refuse to make little buster?

Given that the Little Busters' stuff started years ago and this is rather recent, and they've aired a bunch of shows in-between, I don't think this franchise is directly related to that decision. There's more at play than that.

It's still a shame, given the continued success between these two partners. Let's hope JC's adaption is decent and Kyoto won't have to clean up.
Jul 8, 2012 11:17 PM
Jun 2012
chuunibyo staffs is spearheaded by the guys who lead to air, kanon, and clannad success

quoted from: animenewsnetwork

Director: Tatsuya Ishihara
Series Composition: Jukki Hanada
Original creator: Torako
Original Character Design: Nozomi Ousaka
Character Design: Kazumi Ikeda
Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara
Chief Animation Director: Kazumi Ikeda
Color design: Akiyo Takeda

TheFactSheetJul 8, 2012 11:36 PM
Jul 9, 2012 12:31 AM

Feb 2012
AzureBlues said:
jmal said:
Kurini said:
so this was the series that made kyoani refuse to make little buster?

Given that the Little Busters' stuff started years ago and this is rather recent, and they've aired a bunch of shows in-between, I don't think this franchise is directly related to that decision. There's more at play than that.

It's still a shame, given the continued success between these two partners. Let's hope JC's adaption is decent and Kyoto won't have to clean up.
It's understandable why they didn't ( And likely couldn't ) do LB though.

Between Air, Kanon and Clannad, they all add up to 7 seasons worth of anime. I don't know about you, but I'd want to take a break from adapting one company's work after all that. It's possible KyoAni showed interest in LB but wanted Key to wait until they finished up other works they had planned. From interviews with Key, it was obvious they didn't want to wait for KyoAni since they said they were busy with other projects.

To put things in perspective, LB came out mid 2007. At this point, KyoAni is only just getting ready to release the first season of Clannad. While it's airing, they're working on After Story, Haruhi season 2 AND disappearance ( A movie nearly 3 hours long! ). They probably started work on K-ON after finishing After Story. It's possible that Key didn't pitch an LB anime yet during all this since all the attention was on Clannad.

Just from 2007-2010 they were booked. It's likely Key pitched an LB anime to KyoAni too late somewhere around 2010, right as they started work on Nichijou, Hyouka and the K-ON movie. At this point they grew impatient and start pitching the anime to other studios who were also busy, so they went with J.C staff who showed interest and wasn't booked ( Seriously J.C staff release a bunch of anime so it's no surprise )

If they pitched LB earlier, KyoAni probably would have done it since they would have been able to start it before Nichijou and Hyouka.

Atleast that's just my guess on what happened :P
YveseJul 9, 2012 12:40 AM
Jul 9, 2012 9:10 AM
Nov 2011
KyoAni= Watch for sure. :D

I can't wait. Need to read it too. :3
Jul 9, 2012 11:58 AM

Feb 2010
Sounds less promising than Hyouka did from the synopsis, but I guess I'll check it out nonetheless.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 10, 2012 6:49 AM

Jul 2011
Gorou said:
They won't leave the comfort zone..

Well you can say that but, that's why KyoAni is one of the best animation right now.

kaena said:

Most of us believe that Hyouka was not as best as the other last 3 anime that the KyoAni did but, you can tell that it is the best animation that they did. I believe that KyoAni is advancing right now in their animation production.

Oh yeah, I'm a KyoAni fan! XD
Jul 10, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
I can't wait to see this sell like 3k and Little Busters sell like 20k+, just so KyoAni sees they made the wrong choice.

Jul 10, 2012 8:52 AM

Feb 2012
RyanSaotome said:
I can't wait to see this sell like 3k and Little Busters sell like 20k+, just so KyoAni sees they made the wrong choice.
I highly doubt this will sell that low. That would put it at nichijou territory which isn't exactly a fair comparison since Nichijou was a pretty niche title.

Considering Hyouka sold 9k first vol and is likely to average 7.5k, I'd expect this show to sell over 10k considering it's aimed more toward otakus. We'll see once more info is released and the first ep airs. Worst case scenario, it sells the same as Hyouka.

Also I explained above why KyoAni likely didn't do LB. I blame Key for not pitching the anime to KyoAni sooner and/or waiting for them to free up their schedule.

Oh and there's always Rewrite :p. Maybe even a Little Busters (2016 ) if J.C staff butchers it somehow lol.
Jul 10, 2012 8:53 AM
Jun 2012
WOW just look at the official site!!! http://www.anime-chu-2.com

hmmm on issue of JC staffs animating little busters!, i have heard from an fellow otaku here in japan that JC staffs have shifted 40% of their animators on LB! while leaving the other 60% to work on sakurasou and joshiraku or any other title they plan on animating...

so on the issue of quality? i think LB! with JC staffs will do fine... but, KYOANI have history of animating some ignored manga or light novels and succeed... so on the issue of if chuunibyo will fare ware against LB!? also good... and, most fans this days dont stick well with long run anime... just like naruto... good on the first batch of episodes but it got retarded after... and now, those who are sticking with the current naruto that has 350+ eps are tagged NARUTARDS < (crunchyroll.com knows this well since i think they are the one who coined the word)... little busters! may suffer that problem unless it will be cut to 24 eps per season... kinda like clannad then clannad after story after some months... AKA "do the other part later on" style.
Jul 10, 2012 8:56 AM

Feb 2012
TheFactSheet said:
WOW just look at the official site!!! http://www.anime-chu-2.com

hmmm on issue of JC staffs animating little busters!, i have heard from an fellow otaku here in japan that JC staffs have shifted 40% of their animators on LB! while leaving the other 60% to work on sakurasou and joshiraku or any other title they plan on animating...

so on the issue of quality? i think LB! with JC staffs will do fine... but, KYOANI have history of animating some ignored manga or light novels and succeed... so on the issue of if chuunibyo will fare ware against LB!? also good... and, most fans this days dont stick well with long run anime... just like naruto... good on the first batch of episodes but it got retarded after... and now, those who are sticking with the current naruto that has 350+ eps are tagged NARUTARDS < (crunchyroll.com knows this well since i think they are the one who coined the word)... little busters! may suffer that problem unless it will be cut to 24 eps per season... kinda like clannad after story... "do the other part later on" style.
Did they update it? That page was red last time :o

Either way just judging from that char design, pose and toy gun she's holding I can tell I'm going to love this show.
Jul 10, 2012 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
I expect Little Busters will be 24-26 episodes at first, and then a 13 episode Refrain down the line.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by traed »»
10 minutes ago

» Screenwriter Mari Okada, 'Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia' Creator Makoto Ojiro Begin New Manga

Vindstot - Sep 3

24 by Lamp1009 »»
37 minutes ago

» 'Nageki no Bourei wa Intai shitai' Unveils New Cast, Main Promo

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

1 by jennie258fitz »»
6 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

25 by Oppai_Loli_God »»
6 hours ago

» 'Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku' Unveils Additional Cast, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Sep 18

4 by malvarez1 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.