Forum Settings
Forums

What do you like/dislike about the Anime community?

New
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2012 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
JoshSalas said:
Think of it like video games. Yes, there are some amazing classics which can still be enjoyed for everything they brought to the table, but no one can stand to look at a Gameboy Color screen all day when they have a PS3 hooked up to a widescreen LCD screen in their basement.

I still find Roguelikes, or oldskool RPG's to be more interesting than the majority of new-generation games. Damn, even Heroes of Might and magic, I'll prefer 1, 2,3 over 4, 5, 6. I'm not a graphic-whore.
Same with anime, I'll prefer oldskool art over newschool art in anime. Like Angel's Egg.. damn epic.
LUL
Apr 19, 2012 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
JoshSalas said:
Immahnoob said:
You're not much of a gamer if you think that graphics > gameplay, as long as it's not something like splashes that move without any type of animation then I don't see a problem.

You're also not much of a gamer if you think graphics are unimportant, hence why I said a balance is best. I prefer to play games that have the best of both, for example Little Big Planet.

There is no balance. You either go for one or the other. Little Big Planet actually lacks both. Graphics lack, gameplay brings nothing new, I'd better go play any Super Mario Bros, it will give me a better feeling and still does it better.

Just look at Xenoblades Chronicles on the Wii, the graphics lack, but hey, at least the gameplay is AWESOME, it's story is AWESOME and you can say it's on par with any Final Fantasy games.
one-more-time said:
JoshSalas said:
Think of it like video games. Yes, there are some amazing classics which can still be enjoyed for everything they brought to the table, but no one can stand to look at a Gameboy Color screen all day when they have a PS3 hooked up to a widescreen LCD screen in their basement.

I still find Roguelikes, or oldskool RPG's to be more interesting than the majority of new-generation games. Damn, even Heroes of Might and magic, I'll prefer 1, 2,3 over 4, 5, 6. I'm not a graphic-whore.
Same with anime, I'll prefer oldskool art over newschool art in anime. Like Angel's Egg.. damn epic.

HOMM! YES, good example. Take that too, would you play HOMM6 over HOMM3? HOMM3 graphically isn't that much of a deal. But the story and the gameplay is just awesome, classics of those type of games. Disciples is the same too, damn, those games we're awesome.

It's like hating on books. Those have no graphics either.
ImmahnoobApr 19, 2012 12:59 PM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 19, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2011
My "Off Topic" senses are tingling.

Not trying to be a spoilsport, but threads get locked for this kinda stuff.
No.
Apr 19, 2012 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
- A large fraction of the community I can relate to (excluding the snobs)
- Anyone who likes anime must be awesome.

Dislikes:
- People that give us a bad rep.
- Not being able to find anyone IRL who likes anime :(
Apr 19, 2012 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
ForeverDreaming said:

Dislikes:

What do you mean by this?
LUL
Apr 19, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2011
Yaoi fangirls, those who say Japanese words in English (Baka) and
Apr 19, 2012 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
one-more-time said:
ForeverDreaming said:

Dislikes:

What do you mean by this?

I think he means those Weaboos and Nerds who make the whole Anime community look retarded for outsiders. You know the ones I mean. When you think "Anime Nerd" they fit the stereotype perfectly. And more annoyingly, they try to push EVERYONE into watching their "amazing" Anime as well; which is such a turn off.
No.
Apr 19, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Sorry OP, this is my last off topic post. Although I don't understand why admin are so strict about things staying 'on topic' on this site. A lot of the best discussions happen after thread derailment.

Immahnoob said:
There is no balance. You either go for one or the other. Little Big Planet actually lacks both. Graphics lack, gameplay brings nothing new, I'd better go play any Super Mario Bros, it will give me a better feeling and still does it better.

I know gaming is subjective too, but holy LOL. LBP is leagues ahead of the majority of Mario games, and I'm a big Mario fan. You either go for graphics or better game-play? I'm sorry you feel that way.

Immahnoob said:

It's like hating on spaghetti, because it has no story line.

I hope that makes you realize how ridiculous that comparison was.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 19, 2012 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
Scruff said:
I think he means those Weaboos and Nerds who make the whole Anime community look retarded for outsiders. You know the ones I mean. When you think "Anime Nerd" they fit the stereotype perfectly. And more annoyingly, they try to push EVERYONE into watching their "amazing" Anime as well; which is such a turn off.

So, basically people who're passionate about their hobby. You can find "weeaboos" in all communities, I just don't quite see how they make the community look "retarded".

Why would you EVEN care for the "outsider" opinion on something you like?

I just find it pathetic to try to make a distance between yourself and one who's passionate about the hobby, just because you might be associated with him by the "outsiders". Like.. "Pfft no, he's no anime fan, he's a WEEABOO!". lol.
one-more-timeApr 19, 2012 2:42 PM
LUL
Apr 19, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2012
Hias said:
Also, being an anime fan doesn't necessarily make you open-minded, or anything close to it. Liking anime doesn't deem you immune to human weakness. It's that kind of delusional thinking that's made me so jaded towards the community over the last few years.

Heck yeah.

I find it funny how people on this thread say that others here are open-minded... OF COURSE others on this anime thread are open-minded regarding anime. That should be a given.

-Most people are generally nice(that's true of almost any forum though.)

Dislikes.. get ready to debate or more likely, pick at parts of this like a smartass:

-Hypocrites(everybody is a hypocrite about something IMO, but when its about something obviously contradicting and persistent..)

-Fans who care too much about what other fans are doing(hear me out on this one.) When you really think about it, the "annoying fans that make a fool of themselves", don't stop you from enjoying anime in any way unless you're really insecure. Just like the "cosplayers". I assume 90% of us don't tell most people about our fandom anyway, so why does some random guy making a fool of himself in silly clothes at some random convention bother you?

-Quote whores/Trolls A.K.A. The people who make sure to make a post in the first page of a thread saying something just for the purpose of having others quote it agreeing with an agreement or outrage debate beneath it. My problem with this is that the post is usually some lame joke.

-People who quote others and only add something like "+1", "this", or "QFT"

-Anyone who calls another person a "nerd". More or less, you lost the right to do that as soon as you registered for this site. (sorry everyone.)

-ALMOST EVERY anime out there has a fanbase!!! I hate people who look down on others that have mainstream anime as their favorite(Death Note/One Piece/etc.) Just because your favorite anime is some random, back-of-the-shelf anime doesn't make you better than anyone else.

-Going along with that, people who think they're cool for disliking the most popular/newest anime, usually just for the sake of trolling. Like people who say that Madoka Magica, Death Note, or Clannad are literally the worst thing they've ever seen. People can have their opinion, but I bet most of the time, this is trollbait.

-In the forums, people who quote a wall of text, then respond with another wall of text, stretching the length of the thread's page. How about putting the quote in a spoiler for the people who want to skip past your tl;dr debate??

-Internet aloof guys. A.K.A. The the guy who says things like "You guys need to get a girlfriend", or "I don't care what anyone thinks about me". I lol when I read that. My personal opinion.
Solo-MaroApr 19, 2012 3:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 3:28 PM

May 2009
Oh my, you people are really good in listing what you dislike, aren't you?
Apr 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Dec 2009
one-more-time said:

So, basically people who're passionate about their hobby. You can find "weeaboos" in all communities, I just don't quite see how they make the community look "retarded".

Why would you EVEN care for the "outsider" opinion on something you like?

I just find it pathetic to try to make a distance between yourself and one who's passionate about the hobby, just because you might be associated with him by the "outsiders". Like.. "Pfft no, he's no anime fan, he's a WEEABOO!". lol.
As passionate as weeaboos are, there is no denying how much they hurt the anime community's image. Just look at all the weeaboo horror stories online. Those stories should give you a better understanding of who they are and how they act like just in case you never met one before.
Apr 19, 2012 3:40 PM

Jan 2012
CissySSE said:
Oh my, you people are really good in listing what you dislike, aren't you?

There's a lot of things that I like, but those are the usual things I expect from normal human beings, such as manners. Those should go without saying. Unless you really want me to list boring things like "-people are kind/-most people have good grammar".

Dislikes seem to stick out more. For example, in a forum full of kind people, usually the most memorable person there is the jerk/troll. Hope you understand.
Solo-MaroApr 19, 2012 3:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2012 3:57 PM

Feb 2010
Retr0Master said:
As passionate as weeaboos are, there is no denying how much they hurt the anime community's image.

And how much they hurt the image? You won't get away just by saying that.

Just look at all the weeaboo horror stories online. Those stories should give you a better understanding of who they are and how they act like just in case you never met one before.

Link, please?

It's pretty funny to see that everyone has their own understanding of what "Anime Weeaboo" is, lol.
LUL
Apr 19, 2012 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
one-more-time said:
Retr0Master said:
As passionate as weeaboos are, there is no denying how much they hurt the anime community's image.

And how much they hurt the image? You won't get away just by saying that.

Just look at all the weeaboo horror stories online. Those stories should give you a better understanding of who they are and how they act like just in case you never met one before.

Link, please?

It's pretty funny to see that everyone has their own understanding of what "Anime Weeaboo" is, lol.

They hurt the image quite a bit if you identify yourself as part of the anime fandom since people will relate you to them. Even if you don't care much about the fandom or about what weeaboos does with their time, they can still annoy you by how they act around you. And even if they don't annoy you, other people are annoyed by them. And that's why they tend to look down at anime fans in general.

You can find other stories on google, but this is where the more bad ones are located. Some are long reads.
http://weeaboo-stories.tumblr.com/
Apr 19, 2012 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
NNick said:
I find it unacceptable that Anime fans find underage girl fan services a ok.

I find it unnaceptable that you find it unnaceptable. See, I can also point fingers online.
Apr 19, 2012 4:45 PM

Apr 2011
Hias said:

What do I like? Well, despite all that, again there are some nice people who are at least open to the idea that animation is art, and the storytelling can be just as credible as any film or book. If I wasn't part of this community regardless, I wouldn't have met people who I considers friends, so deep down, I'm still grateful.

*sheds manly tears*

Oh, Hias, you always know exactly what to say.
Apr 19, 2012 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Retr0Master said:

You can find other stories on google, but this is where the more bad ones are located. Some are long reads.

Some of those had me cringing in terror. But it's expected. There's stupid people everywhere, why would anime fans be exception?
Apr 19, 2012 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
Retr0Master said:

They hurt the image quite a bit if you identify yourself as part of the anime fandom since people will relate you to them. Even if you don't care much about the fandom or about what weeaboos does with their time, they can still annoy you by how they act around you. And even if they don't annoy you, other people are annoyed by them. And that's why they tend to look down at anime fans in general.

That's why I don't care for others opinion on things they don't understand or are simply closed minded. Like how people think of you if you say "I'm a gamer". Is it because of the "extreme" people? I don't think so.

Relating "regular" fans to fans which are obsessed with the hobby is stupid. Not like every football fan will join riot if his team loses, there's "extreme" examples in any hobby. And you don't judge the entire community by the minority, "extreme" people.

Anime community is looked down not just because of the "weeaboos", but because people don't understand a thing, "What? Are you watching cartoons? Grow up.". "What? Are you playing video games? Get a life."

Stop caring so much about others opinion when it's obviously coming from dumb people.

I was hoping for horror stories.. not troubled teen stories.
LUL
Apr 19, 2012 5:48 PM

Oct 2011
What I dislike: People who think they know all about anime without any proof, people who are weaboos, people who say a lot of annoying Japanese words and saying that they're making fun of weaboos while they are weaboos themselves and don't know it.
Apr 19, 2012 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
Retr0Master said:

Oh, I forgot about that page. There are some hilarious stories in that.
Apr 19, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2009
@one-more-time
I guess I see what you mean there. I don't really care much for people's opinions when it comes to other fandoms. I guess I just have a soft spot for anime and manga. I had some bad experiences with weeaboos myself too, so I have more resentment against them than the average person. I tolerate them, but I really don't like them.

Retr0Master said:

I was hoping for horror stories.. not troubled teen stories.

Troubled teens are a subject of horror 0_0
Apr 19, 2012 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
pros:
- they are generally nice people, i guess. they're pretty helpful too.
- they are a little less aggressive and obsessive than kpop fans?????
- you have someone to talk about practically any anime/manga published.

cons:
- there are a lot of immature people who can't accept other people's opinions about things. they also get riled up about such trivial matters to the point that insulting and degrading people becomes an option. like calm the fuck down.
- there are also a lot of hipsters who say shounen is better than shoujo or subs are better than dubs when other people don't really give a flying fuck.
don't save her, she don't wanna be saved.
Apr 19, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2010
Pros: what have I done? ...what have i done again? ...what have i done some more? ...what have a continued to do?

Cons: Anime & manga
Apr 19, 2012 9:50 PM

Jan 2012
Kazeshini said:
Pros: what have I done? ...what have i done again? ...what have i done some more? ...what have a continued to do?

Do not get.
Apr 19, 2012 10:00 PM

May 2010
RedStarLight said:
Kazeshini said:

Do not get.

It's the opposite

for Cons (which i noted as Pros): it's a question like... "why am I here, what is this, who am i?" in response too.... weeaboos at conventions :)
Apr 20, 2012 5:14 AM
Feb 2012
SergioSource said:
NNick said:

I find it unnaceptable that you find it unnaceptable. See, I can also point fingers online.

So that's perfectly fine to you?
Apr 20, 2012 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
JoshSalas said:
Sorry OP, this is my last off topic post. Although I don't understand why admin are so strict about things staying 'on topic' on this site. A lot of the best discussions happen after thread derailment.

Immahnoob said:

I know gaming is subjective too, but holy LOL. LBP is leagues ahead of the majority of Mario games, and I'm a big Mario fan. You either go for graphics or better game-play? I'm sorry you feel that way.

Immahnoob said:

*epic facepalm*, bro, where do most stories in games/movies come from? OH I KNOW! Books!

So that comparison was legit, you just can't think out of your little box.

I think that way because it's true, you can't have both, never. Couldn't you at least give a better example than that piece of shit tho? I had to download it and play it, it didn't change anything in what I've seen, videos were enough.
NNick said:
SergioSource said:
NNick said:

Why wouldn't it be?

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 6:13 AM

Jun 2008
NNick said:
SergioSource said:
NNick said:

You are one of those people aren't you?
Apr 20, 2012 6:43 AM

Jun 2011
NNick said:
SergioSource said:
NNick said:

Yup. It's perfectly fine to any sane person who can separate fantasy from reality.
Apr 20, 2012 7:59 AM
Feb 2012
Forgot, I'm in Anime Forum.
I'm one of those people who do not find extra short skirt and huge boobs on a 10 year old girl attractive. opposite.
Do you actually fantasize over it :O ...?
Apr 20, 2012 8:31 AM

Jun 2011
You don't have to find it attractive to find it acceptable.

Do I like fanservice? Nope, I think it's a cheap way to sell a show.

Do I think it's unacceptable for other people to like it? Of course not, what other people like isn't hurting you or me in the slightest. Even lolis, which are 100% fictional characters.
Apr 20, 2012 8:34 AM

Jan 2009
The community as a whole is generally more tolerant and friendly than the majority of internet or real-life groups. The second part is largely conjecture just from the acquaintances I vaguely know, as I don't have any close friends with whom I share my anime interests with (I'm an H fanatic).

There's obviously a large part of the community that dislikes the hentai genre but I rarely see those people attacking fans of that genre - that's something rarely seen in the general population (hating the game and not the player, essentially).
Tissues not included.
Apr 20, 2012 8:37 AM

Apr 2012
NNick said:
Forgot, I'm in Anime Forum.
I'm one of those people who do not find extra short skirt and huge boobs on a 10 year old girl attractive. opposite.

What if they don't tell you she's 10 years old and you will never find out? What if we see it attractive but only on anime? What if we won't ever think of touching a little girl in real life? What if we actually have a half brain and distinguish reality from anime? What if that girl with flat chest and that looks like a scholar is actually a 30 years old? Why would you give a fuck about what somebody thinks anyways?

Man, if it's anime it won't hurt anybody, ACTUALLY, even if you fantasize about having sex with freakin' horses it won't hurt anybody AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO IT.
bitterfish said:
The community as a whole is generally more tolerant and friendly than the majority of internet or real-life groups. The second part is largely conjecture just from the acquaintances I vaguely know, as I don't have any close friends with whom I share my anime interests with (I'm an H fanatic).

There's obviously a large part of the community that dislikes the hentai genre but I rarely see those people attacking fans of that genre - that's something rarely seen in the general population (hating the game and not the player, essentially).

I like hentai too. Too bad hentai never has at least a bit of story.

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:02 AM

Mar 2012
I will probably judge someone for liking Hentai. It's difficult not to.

Immahnoob said:
JoshSalas said:

Immahnoob said:

Immahnoob said:

*epic facepalm*, bro, where do most stories in games/movies come from? OH I KNOW! Books!

I think that way because it's true, you can't have both, never. Couldn't you at least give a better example than that piece of shit tho? I had to download it and play it, it didn't change anything in what I've seen, videos were enough.

I don't want to result to flaming, but the fact that you're actually trying to justify that comparison shows that there is no point in me trying to reason with you.

lol'd at your little box comment and lol'd at your ridiculously absurd 'opinion'. Try almost every single good game (which there are a lot of) for PS3 for example. You know why they're good? Good game-play, good graphics. Both.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
JoshSalas said:
Immahnoob said:
JoshSalas said:

Immahnoob said:

Immahnoob said:

I don't want to result to flaming, but the fact that you're actually trying to justify that comparison shows that there is no point in me trying to reason with you.

lol'd at your little box comment and lol'd at your ridiculously absurd 'opinion'. Try almost every single good game (which there are a lot of) for PS3 for example. You know why they're good? Good game-play, good graphics. Both.

I justify that comparison because you didn't understand it, of course I will. I'm trying to teach you something, a good teacher doesn't simply leave his pupils without understanding the lesson.

Did you even try to check "good graphics" out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVE4KvJTBA. Just so you know, you didn't see "good graphics". As you're talking about the PS3 and not about the PC. Crysis 2 lacked story, excelled in graphics, good to ok gameplay.

What are those "good games" you played anyways? Can you like, give names?

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:16 AM
Mar 2012
Screw that shallow thinking, if a videogame is good, it's good because of the gameplay, storyline, action and whatnot, not the graphics.
Apr 20, 2012 9:16 AM

Dec 2010
Yo, Josh. I know you said this was your last derailment... BUT, what exactly are you doing?

NNick said:

Depends, eyepatch?
Apr 20, 2012 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
lol
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
Lauriet said:
Yo, Josh. I know you said this was your last derailment... BUT, what exactly are you doing?

NNick said:

Depends, eyepatch?

He's feeding the semi troll.

@Dedai, exactly, but hey, people want "balance". Just look at all these new "balanced" games, they simply suck.

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
To bring this full circle, you are what I dislike about the anime community.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:23 AM

Apr 2012
JoshSalas said:
I don't know about the exactly what the 'anime community' refers to, but since I have no friends in RL that watch anime, I'm going to base things off of this site:

Dislikes:
-lots of young people/ people who can't express themselves well
-too much small talk for the sake of small talk, although I don't want to make any assumptions as to what this is a result of
-anime hipsters
-all the negative things associated with any popular entertainment business

-accepting and generally kind community, where anyone can feel welcome
-disproves stereotypes about who does and doesn't enjoy anime

I don't see "Immahnoob" in your dislikes tho. Awwwwww...

Man, don't just put me with the "Anime Community", what did they do bad? Poor them, come on. It's just me.

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:26 AM

Mar 2012
You were covered under the first, third, and fourth of my dislikes.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:32 AM

Apr 2012
JoshSalas said:
You were covered under the first, third, and fourth of my dislikes.

Young people that can't express themselves? What? How old are you? In your thirties or what? How am I not expressing myself well/clearly? Anime hipsters... I'm not an extremist like them, but yeah I don't like all the mainstream stuff. I don't see how I'm a negative of the popular entertainment business either, it's not like I'm burning down your house because you don't like Darksiders more than God of War (talking about our little discussion about games).

Actually, you're disliking yourself, check your second point, bro.

You should add some new points, because you clearly dislike me for some other reasons, I don't fit in your description at all :\.

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
Would be nice if we could stop with the needless argument. Go troll on each other's pages or something.

Anyway in response to other people's posts:

I dislike "weaboos" because they harm our image. Now I know some people are fine with that, but personally, I do care what people think of me. When I say to someone "I enjoy fishing" they normally respond with a, "oh, cool that's neat". When I mention I like Anime it's a massive downer on the conversation.... I instantly lose points with that person; so now I've taken to hiding that fact entirely. "Hiding my power level" basically. I'm under the opinion that if you enjoy something, enjoy it by yourself and with your friends; and don't push that on to other people. I don't know what kind of waeboos you guys have met, but the ones I know are blatantly extravagant and pushy.

Anyway to add more;

We can actually have (moderately) good debates; unlike some other fanbases (gaming, football) who just scream at each other like wild baboons

The boy; girl anime fan ratio is about equal. I like the variety. Once again, Gamer communities/k-pop fanbases are sausage-fests/mothers meetings.

Dislikes:

People who spout the whole; "We all have different opinions stop arguing about it already. God you're all so immature (I'm the smartest of the lot of you, hurr durr)... If we seriously all thought like that there would be no interaction between anyone over anything. You need conflict to keep things running, or things will just stagnate.

People who write in blue (or any other bright) colour on forums (you know who you are) and decorate their MAL page like some sort of Myspace Profile.

People who antagonise a thread simply for the sake of being the antagonist. People who reply with no "likes" and 50 "dislikes" to this thread. It would be nice if we could have some compliments (self-masturbation basically) and less whining.

Thanks, OP.
No.
Apr 20, 2012 9:58 AM

Apr 2012
Scruff said:
Would be nice if we could stop with the needless argument. Go troll on each other's pages or something.

Anyway in response to other people's posts:

I dislike "weaboos" because they harm our image. Now I know some people are fine with that, but personally, I do care what people think of me. When I say to someone "I enjoy fishing" they normally respond with a, "oh, cool that's neat". When I mention I like Anime it's a massive downer on the conversation.... I instantly lose points with that person; so now I've taken to hiding that fact entirely. "Hiding my power level" basically. I'm under the opinion that if you enjoy something, enjoy it by yourself and with your friends; and don't push that on to other people. I don't know what kind of waeboos you guys have met, but the ones I know are blatantly extravagant and pushy.

Anyway to add more;

We can actually have (moderately) good debates; unlike some other fanbases (gaming, football) who just scream at each other like wild baboons

The boy; girl anime fan ratio is about equal. I like the variety. Once again, Gamer communities/k-pop fanbases are sausage-fests/mothers meetings.

Dislikes:

People who spout the whole; "We all have different opinions stop arguing about it already. God you're all so immature (I'm the smartest of the lot of you, hurr durr)... If we seriously all thought like that there would be no interaction between anyone over anything. You need conflict to keep things running, or things will just stagnate.

People who write in blue (or any other bright) colour on forums (you know who you are) and decorate their MAL page like some sort of Myspace Profile.

People who antagonise a thread simply for the sake of being the antagonist. People who reply with no "likes" and 50 "dislikes" to this thread. It would be nice if we could have some compliments (self-masturbation basically) and less whining.

Thanks, OP.

Bro, you just contradicted yourself. Your first dislike is exactly about arguing and stuff, and that it should be there, but you don't let us two argue. That guy will stop if he can't do it here. D: Don't kill me please.

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 9:58 AM

Mar 2012
Scruff said:

Completely agree. I don't know what the point of a forum is, if not to have discussions over stuff where there will be differing opinions.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 20, 2012 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Immahnoob said:

Bro, you just contradicted yourself. Your first dislike is exactly about arguing and stuff, and that it should be there, but you don't let us two argue. That guy will stop if he can't do it here. D: Don't kill me please.

It's because you're arguing off-topic. I agree with the earlier post that the best conversations happen after a thread has strayed off track, but the Admins here have their rules and we need to stick by them.
No.
Apr 20, 2012 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
Scruff said:
Immahnoob said:

It's because you're arguing off-topic. I agree with the earlier post that the best conversations happen after a thread has strayed off track, but the Admins here have their rules and we need to stick by them.

Yeah I know, was just fooling around. I will stop harassing him sexu... Ahem "verbally".

Dislikes:
- Pretty generic dislike: People here seem to stop trying really fast, debates should go on for pages.
- It seems the "Anime Community" looks too much at the "cover" and doesn't look at the "contents", at least most of them, I see a lot of "ecchi/hentai haters".

Autocrat said:
Apr 20, 2012 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:

- It seems the "Anime Community" looks too much at the "cover" and doesn't look at the "contents", at least most of them, I see a lot of "ecchi/hentai haters".

This is interesting. I thought Hentai was mostly 'cover', meant for masturbation? Is this not true? Can it be deep? I can't tell because of lack of any experience with Hentai.
'There are no facts, only interpretations'
- Nietzsche
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

77 by therealnagora »»
45 seconds ago

» What's your favorite anime OST?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 15

41 by Alriven »»
29 minutes ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - 5 hours ago

12 by Alriven »»
33 minutes ago

» Wait, there is more? (anime that were connected to or had related entries that you didn't know about)

APolygons2 - Jun 15

27 by alshu »»
1 hour ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch? ( 1 2 )

coolyfruity - Jun 15

54 by Chronon »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.