Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 9, 2012 6:28 PM
Dec 2010
@AGirlInASweater

Very good analysis, I arrived at almost the same conclusion. There is a MAJOR plot problem using this chain of logic though. WHY would Yuu link BRS and Mato at the worst possible moment? If Yuu was the original person to know and possess control over the Otherworld, she would definitely know better than to cause so much havoc by inducing BRS to turn into IBRS. What was the incentive for Yuu to let Mato link with BRS? Just to show her the Otherworld and how it works? Isn't that a bit too convenient to happen at the exact same time BRS kills Dead Master?

This will eventually lead to the inevitable question of: What does Yuu want?

We now know that Saya/BGS wants to preserve both worlds and most importantly, protect Yuu. However it seems that although Saya was the one pulling strings in school, Yuu seems to be the one pulling strings even on Saya. Think about it. Yuu was the "pioneer" of the entire Otherworld and alternate personas. Even BGS was "given" to Saya by Yuu. So the actual hidden plot character is still Yuu(as it was in the OVA), instead of BGS(which everyone speculated). Her motives will eventually determine the end or the resolution of the ordeal.

On the episode itself, I have nothing else to say but: EPIC.

I just love this series so much, this is a tribute pic.

Mar 9, 2012 6:39 PM

Oct 2011
newnar said:
@AGirlInASweater
Very good analysis, I arrived at almost the same conclusion.

Uhm.. Those were my two analyses.

To answer your questions, Yuu didn't know that BRS was just about to stab Dead Master in their world when she linked her there - she believed that Mato would be able to convince Dead Master to stop.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 9, 2012 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
So many explanations as I skimmed through theses pages. Saya turning out to not be the villain wasn’t surprising, but Insane Black Rock Shooter thrown in was unexpected. From my little knowledge of Black Rock Shooter I really didn’t see that coming (what’s next White Rock Shooter?). I feel that this is moving too fast, I mean Mato found out about the otherworld, fused with BRS and then she went insane. I really wish this was longer, like others had previously said, a good 12 episodes could have been better. Oh well a fan can dream, I’ll just take in as much awesomeness as I can from these 8 episodes.

Overall, I really loved this episode and it feels that with each new one I love it more than the last one, but this keeps getting better and better. Saya’s past, the deal with Yuu and STR. Hadn’t liked Yuu, but now am I a fan. And the action between STR (or Yuu) and IBRS was pure win. So looking forward for more of it in the next episode.

And I’m wondering if I’m the only one who was a little glad, when Yomi didn't remember her memories of her friends. The girl went through some hardships so I think she should enjoy the little time she has to forget it. But I’m with Mato’s philosophy so Yomi might be facing more challenges in the future.
Mar 9, 2012 7:15 PM
Dec 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
newnar said:
@AGirlInASweater
Very good analysis, I arrived at almost the same conclusion.

Uhm.. Those were my two analyses.

To answer your questions, Yuu didn't know that BRS was just about to stab Dead Master in their world when she linked her there - she believed that Mato would be able to convince Dead Master to stop.

Sorry for the wrong citations.

Wait. Ok let's go through this again. Saya wants to 1. Protect Otherworld (means to kill off all the Otherworld persona's using BRS) and 2. Cure girls in real world (means the same thing). But the "awakening" of the Personas are initiated by the mental breakdown of the girls in real life. So technically if the girls in real life never had any mental breakdowns, there wouldn't be any Personas awakening in the Otherworld. So a question is why Saya even wants to evoke the emotions of the girls, hastening the awakening of the Otherworld Personas. Is this a case of "make them sick faster so as to cure them faster?" Also, is the death of the Otherworld Persona the ONLY way to solve things? Saya sure makes it seem so. But logically, if the girls' mental breakdowns are averted, wouldn't the Personas also sort of "power-down"? However this is a method never tried, thus one can conclude it most likely doesn't work.

In a nutshell,

Girls in real world mental breakdown = Otherworld Persona awaken

The right side of the equation can be "cured" by BRS killing the Personas in question, thus this would "cure" the left side as well. Meaning the girls return to normal.

But is it even possible to "cure" the left side of the equation by not letting the girls breakdown and save BRS some bloodshed?

If this is possible then Yuu's actions can be justified. If not, then she must have some kind of hidden motive behind all this. I don't think the "Yuu doesn't know" answer holds in this situation because Yuu is the first Otherworld Persona user and her knowledge of it should be deep enough to know these simple mechanics.

Another question. How come all of these effects don't work on BRS/Mato? When BRS powers up(in episode 1 thru 5), Mato is hardly in mental breakdown condition. Sure she might be down and crying, but in no way was she in the mode Kagari, Yomi and the Cheerleader girl was in before. In fact in the real world she even tried to help with the entire situation. D'you think these "helping" actions affects or even causes anything in the Otherworld? Maybe for BRS/Mato the mechanics work backwards. Maybe when Mato wishes to helps people/returns people to normal, BRS goes to Flame mode, hence powering up. But if this hypothesis is true then the invoking of IBRS doesn't make sense anymore because obviously Mato in in immense mental pain instead of feeling really sympathetic.
Mar 9, 2012 8:06 PM

Oct 2011
CharbbyLoves said:

Still Not As Easy To Understand. Unlike Persona 4 Anime.

It's not hard if you pay attention - Persona 4 is just as easy.

If you want something easy that makes things painfully obvious, go watch Bleach while it's still going.

Also - typing each word with capitals does not look very smart, just thought you should know..
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Mar 9, 2012 8:18 PM

Dec 2011
During black rock shooter, i asked myself many many multiple times..

WTF IS HAPPENING?! So random!
uhh...
Mar 9, 2012 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
Mari Okada has brought crappy script writing to a whole new level. This episode was just a total mess. Aside from the decent fights, the rest of the episode is utter pointless.
Mar 9, 2012 10:42 PM

Jan 2009
^ 83 people disagree with you, sad to say XD

PrincessWishful said:
but Insane Black Rock Shooter thrown in was unexpected. From my little knowledge of Black Rock Shooter I really didn’t see that coming (what’s next White Rock Shooter?)

White Rock Shooter was just for the game. HUKE kinda drew an image of her: http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy40/brsgal/Black%20Rock%20Shooter/pirezeBlack_Rock_Shooter_Visual_Wor.png

And I’m wondering if I’m the only one who was a little glad, when Yomi didn't remember her memories of her friends. The girl went through some hardships so I think she should enjoy the little time she has to forget it. But I’m with Mato’s philosophy so Yomi might be facing more challenges in the future.

I wish she would have remembered Mato. Mato wasn't a psychopath like Kagari XD
LadyOrihimeMar 9, 2012 10:49 PM
Mar 9, 2012 11:11 PM
Aug 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

The first goal is evidenced by Strength's request in the past, when she asked Saya to 'protect her'. To clarify here: Strength and Yuu are in a full link, and able to 'switch places' at any time. This can be evidenced by her eyes when Yuu spoke with Saya in the past. Her eyes were amber - like Strength's, and her personality was darker - now however, Yuu has full control, evidenced by her brighter personality and knowledge of Strength. Saya, after learning about the other world and being awakened by Strength, begins to use it to keep Strength safe, as well as to alleviate the worries of people under her 'care'. By causing these girls under her care to "Awaken" - i.e. giving them mental stresses in our world - it attracts Black Rock Shooter to them in the 'other world'.

Are you sure that Yuu and STR able to switch places? It looks like Yuu trapped in that world and STR trapped in this world.
Mar 9, 2012 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
Stuff everything else; I demand more Kana vocal work!

It's one of the main reasons I still watch and enjoy the show over the majority of other (bad) anime that are currently airing.
Mar 10, 2012 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, I somehow missed that Strenght and Yuu are in the wrong worlds. I was really confused about the not aging thing and Yuu not having a shadow.

There is one thing i'm still confused about though: What has Saya been doing the whole time by screwing with these girls? Is it to stop Black Rock Shooter from destroying the other world? I thought it was IBRS that was trying to do that? I thought normal Black Rock Shooter was trying to make everyone else in the other world forget all their pain.

And what was the point of Yuu....(technically Strength I guess) sending Mato into the other world? Was it to try and stop BRS from doing what she was doing?

This is a really great series so far, but man it makes my head hurt.
Mar 10, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2011
Hmmm... Does Yuu is the same Yuu? I mean, this girl, who Saya met few years ago. Because I had the impression, that she isn't... (err, something like that...)
So why aren't they in this same age?

And how did STR make this world? o,o
Mar 10, 2012 8:28 AM

Mar 2008
I only see contradictions.
And Lesbians, with war names.

Or perhaps i'm a baka, a full baka.

Mar 10, 2012 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
oh my gosh. another great, EXCELLENT episode!
loved it. can't believe there is only 8 episodes :(, 2 episodes left.

WE WANT MORE!!
:)

Anyways this episode was sure interesting, and sad at the end, since mato is my fav character, the fact that her best friend forgot about her or her feelings for her made me sad.

So mato is in the other world merged with BRS to make IBRS, trying to fight her own troubles..

it's confusing but at the same time I get it.

Can't wait for next episode!
Mar 10, 2012 10:35 AM

Mar 2010
BRSxIgnition said:

Of course - she is trying to destroy it NOW - but she wasn't before.

No, I meant she was trying to destroy it all along. So far, that's the only explanation for Saya's trying to make everyone go crazy (and bring out their true power in the other world). I think I read here that Matou held too meny feelings for herself and pretended nothing was going on. IMO this is true. After all, she had to solve trouble of several crazy and nearly suicidal kids and I felt like she was holding back too much during the Kagari torturing Yomi thing. Just remember when Yomi kinda forced her to speak her mind she got very... uh... upset/aggresive and then just left. Not only she didn't say EVERYTHING she has on her mind now (stuff happened), I felt like she was holding back a lot, especially after she left like that and thinking "no bird, no spine". She wanted to say more but stopped herself. I get through similiar stuff often because I tend to hold everything in and then storm at someone like she did. But when I realise I'm overdoing it, I stop halfway and I leave or joke or change topic so it's kind of personal experience about this matter. Matou's not me so I could be wrong, I'm just saying that it's possible.

Not to mention that she always thought that it was wrong to force someone's pain to someone else. That could also make BRS want to destroy the world.

Anyway, those feelings could easily make BRS go berserk and want to destroy everything. Who knows, maybe Matou herself had feelings of wanting to destroy everything (metaphorically). Everyone she was trying to help was turning against her but she was still trying to help them. I think that could make anyone angry over it. But she never consulted anyone over HER feelings of whatever was going on. Everyone else said their feelings outright at one point. Matou never did. Only once partly, when she was forced into it by Yomi.

LadyOrihime said:

But it is a mystery as to WHY Yuu/STR would want protection in the other world...did she foresee someone/something coming to destroy the Other World an herself?

That's exactly what I meant by that. I know Yuu/STR used Saya's guilt to "use" her but WHY did she want that? Maybe BRS was already destroying stuff or she was just getting too strong and STR was worried she would go nuts one day.

LadyOrihime said:

It sounds like you're saying that Yuu/STR is the world itself - like, in a human form (Anthropomorphism?) - which is entirely possible, given all the things she can do.

It is possible, it would explain why she wanted to be protected so desperately (not to get the other world destroyed) and why she could manipulate with everything around her. Also, it explains how could BRS simply destroy the OTHER WORLD. I mean, it would take A LOT of power to destroy a world, certainly more than BRS has (unless she pulls a nuke out of somewhere). IF the world has a living form that's part of the world, it would make much more sense. But Saya could also speak metaphorically (destroy the world= kill everyone in but then forcing everyone to fight BRS wouldn't be as justified IMO and it could take very long time and it would be possible for BRS to simply stop when Matou gets over her problems). However, that doesn't change the fact that Yuu/STR are DIFFERENT from other real/other-self pairs, if for nothing else then for being able to switch and having knowledge of both worlds. That must hold some importance. Saya can't switch, she can only go into BGS' body but BGS wasn't in real world. The same thing with BRS. They are now connected with Matou, yet BRS can't come in to the real world. Only STR can. She seems to have very unusual powers but we still don't know why.

EDIT: Excuse typos, it's late here and English isn't my first language. :-D
Mar 10, 2012 10:56 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see my favorite character in action for once; Strength!

Mato will most likely wake up next episode and I wonder what she'll do then.

Mar 10, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
HikaruIzumi said:
It is possible, it would explain why she wanted to be protected so desperately (not to get the other world destroyed) and why she could manipulate with everything around her. Also, it explains how could BRS simply destroy the OTHER WORLD. I mean, it would take A LOT of power to destroy a world, certainly more than BRS has (unless she pulls a nuke out of somewhere). IF the world has a living form that's part of the world, it would make much more sense. But Saya could also speak metaphorically (destroy the world= kill everyone in but then forcing everyone to fight BRS wouldn't be as justified IMO and it could take very long time and it would be possible for BRS to simply stop when Matou gets over her problems).

EDIT: Excuse typos, it's late here and English isn't my first language. :-D

Oh! Don't worry about your typos. For English not being your first language, you're pretty damn good at it! XD

I don't think it would take much for BRS to destroy the Other World; especially as IBRS. As far as we know, there are only 5 fully matured Other Selves, and BRS has already disposed of 2, along with Kohata's maturing Other Self, and the other Other Selves that BRS disposed of. She would have destroyed BGS if STR hadn't stepped in. Again, as far as we know, only BRS, BGS, and STR are the only ones left in the Other World.
Mar 10, 2012 2:32 PM

Nov 2010
I'm not impressed anymore
Somehow the 2 worlds doesn't appeal to me
There are great scenes Separately

Maybe I had different thoughts after seeing the OVA first
Mar 10, 2012 2:32 PM
Dec 2007
LadyOrihime said:

I don't think it would take much for BRS to destroy the Other World; especially as IBRS. As far as we know, there are only 5 fully matured Other Selves, and BRS has already disposed of 2, along with Kohata's maturing Other Self, and the other Other Selves that BRS disposed of. She would have destroyed BGS if STR hadn't stepped in. Again, as far as we know, only BRS, BGS, and STR are the only ones left in the Other World.
The only matured ones anyway. After that it would be smooth sailing as she slaughters every single weak entity in that world.

Mar 10, 2012 3:37 PM
Jan 2012
YurikoRaine said:
Jori-kun said:
I know , right ? I feel stupid[maybe I am] when Im not understanding it and gotta read to find out about the plot.Its stupid.

I bet you aren't, it's just a bad scripting ):

Just because the answer isn't handed to you on a silver plate doesn't make it a bad script. I think this story is amazing. I like having to think. Makes me feel like this show is more intelligent than most stories out there.
Mar 10, 2012 3:54 PM
Dec 2009
Either that , or maybe they had no idea what they were doing.The two sides of a coin.Not hatin' - just sayin'.I like the series,bro.
Mar 10, 2012 6:29 PM
Dec 2010
Actually even if you don't really get the story, the action scenes really are good enough to make up for it.
Mar 10, 2012 7:30 PM
Dec 2011
GREAT EPISODE. iBRS was terrific in every way.. is it me or the battles are getting better and better, just like the plot goes?
anyway, another user already posted the answers to my doubts but still,
there isnt any clue as to how the fu yuu ended up trapped in the underworld right? guess ill wait for that one.
and by the way, i still have no idea on how STR stays in the real world for so long and ANYONE notices that she doesnt age, or that she doesnt have a shadow... apparently yes, for quite some time people did know her and everything but now no one knows about her? (out of nowhere?) everyone but mato. still mato was also saying that she barely remembered her memories with yuu (out of nowhere too, lol) so what? so this means that shes been with STR all the time, which leads me to 2 possibilities:
1. STR went to the real world and started over, so there are the childhood memories
2. The ''memories'' mato has with her arent actually true..

so yeah im really confused at STR/Yuu can someone maybe explain?
Mar 10, 2012 7:56 PM
Dec 2011
By the way... lets see if I got this:

Yuu asked Saya to protect her, and by protecting her she meant taking her to the underworld to do so. Since then shes there, in sync with BGS doing her thang.
So what Saya does is that in the real world she makes people mentally unstable, so that in the underworld, their respective ''other selves'' emerge.
So if someone is killed in the underworld, the real person forgets everything about the problem that made them feel sad, including the person that caused the problem. Now about the cause..

Is saya making people fight in order to distract black rock shooter? or what?
because okay, BGS protects Yuu in the underworld , but why triggering them to fight? i think that isnt clear for me..
Mar 10, 2012 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
The teacher suddenly relinquishes her role as the villain and instead of continuing to cause mental anguish to her students, she suddenly cares deeply for them.

Following the same logic, in other news, storms clouds above the Sahara desert are causing a cold weather alert. Expect 10 cm of snow and a scorching 50 degrees Celsius!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mar 10, 2012 9:40 PM
Dec 2007
Omniknight said:
The teacher suddenly relinquishes her role as the villain and instead of continuing to cause mental anguish to her students, she suddenly cares deeply for them.

Following the same logic, in other news, storms clouds above the Sahara desert are causing a cold weather alert. Expect 10 cm of snow and a scorching 50 degrees Celsius!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Actually, she said she didn't really care shit about anyone but Yuu and the other world, several times in fact. She just still has a "little" shred of conscience left hence why she can't outright kill a girl that has done her no harm.

Mar 10, 2012 11:12 PM

Sep 2010
Let’s see, the alternate world is created to shoulder all the real world’s pain, Saya doing what Yuu told her in the past, making/creating persona(s) in the alternate world so that people’s pain in the real world is transferred and let those persona(s) shoulder the burden of it. Then there is BRS who for some reason want to destroy the very foundation of that world. That’s where I want to start on how I interpret the world of BRS.

Maybe not ~ I’m not good putting in to words what I really want to say after all, maybe what I put above was not actually what I really mean, but still…..

This episode is EPIC..

Episode 6 of BRS made me realize that Insane BRS is actually an integral part of the story and not just there to show off that she is super badass awesome, that she has cool character design and weapons, and she is screaming into you that in order to get her you have to pay for the entire Blu-Ray Box set.

And my answer to her is ~ ALRIGHT Figma Insane BRS bundled with Blu-Ray Box Set status: PRE-ORDERED

Omniknight said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I think initially Saya thought that killing Mato would be a good option in case BRS continue her rampage in the alternate world, but in the end she cannot do it realizing that Mato hasn't done anything wrong to her in the real world.
Mar 11, 2012 3:58 AM

Mar 2010
LadyOrihime said:

Assuming that everyone has "other" in that world (so far everything seems to imply that), I really hope they won't say that those are the only ones. I mean, if there are 5 grown others just form one town there must be plenty more. It would let me down a lot if it's established that those are the only ones without a good reason. But that wouldn't be the first illogical plot device in this anime (immortal BRS).

LadyOrihime said:

Oh! Don't worry about your typos. For English not being your first language, you're pretty damn good at it! XD

Thanks. I totally did not write that hoping someone would reply that. lol
SuiNoByakkoMar 11, 2012 12:56 PM
Mar 11, 2012 4:08 AM
Dec 2007
HikaruIzumi said:
LadyOrihime said:

Assuming that everyone has "other" in that world (so far everything seems to imply that), I really hope they won't say that those are the only ones. I mean, if there are 5 grown others just form one town there must be plenty more. It would let me down a lot if it's established that those are the only ones without a good reason. But that wouldn't be the first illogical plot device in this anime (immortal BRS).
Everyone has one, or should, but for them to be as mature/strong-willed as Dead Master or Black Gold Saw their real-world counterparts would have to be subjected to strong despair or they'd have to be forcibly linked to them the way Matou was linked to BRS. Otherwise they'd just have the more puny versions that the normal Black Rock Shooter was killing by the dozens a few episodes ago.

Mar 11, 2012 5:12 AM

Mar 2010
Leon-Gun said:

Everyone has one, or should, but for them to be as mature/strong-willed as Dead Master or Black Gold Saw their real-world counterparts would have to be subjected to strong despair or they'd have to be forcibly linked to them the way Matou was linked to BRS. Otherwise they'd just have the more puny versions that the normal Black Rock Shooter was killing by the dozens a few episodes ago.

My point was, that unless there's a very clever (/sarcasm) reason for there being only 5, it's safe to assume that everyone has "other" and there MUST be more grown up "others" besides the main 5. That means there should be some capable of stopping BRS unless there's a serious plot hole. That's what I was trying to say.
SuiNoByakkoMar 11, 2012 12:55 PM
Mar 11, 2012 5:46 AM

Sep 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
CharbbyLoves said:

If you want something easy that makes things painfully obvious, go watch Bleach while it's still going.

Also - typing each word with capitals does not look very smart, just thought you should know..

It's Like You're Taking My Post Seriously. Also, It's Not Like I Want To Watch Something It's Getting Very Obvious. This Series Is Not-So-Hard But Also Not-So-Easy To Catch Up Like Someone Who Posted Here Before Me Admitting He Could Understand The Series By Reading People's Comments Here.

And, I'm Not Trying To Look Very Smart. Just To Let You Know I'm Used To It Typing This Way So Why Bother?

Mar 11, 2012 9:02 AM

Aug 2011
Beast Rock Shooter.

Otherworld scenes are lovely as expected. The cube stage makes for some dynamic fights.
Mar 11, 2012 9:25 AM

Oct 2011
CharbbyLoves said:
BRSxIgnition said:
CharbbyLoves said:

It's Like You're Taking My Post Seriously. Also, It's Not Like I Want To Watch Something It's Getting Very Obvious. This Series Is Not-So-Hard But Also Not-So-Easy To Catch Up Like Someone Who Posted Here Before Me Admitting He Could Understand The Series By Reading People's Comments Here.

And, I'm Not Trying To Look Very Smart. Just To Let You Know I'm Used To It Typing This Way So Why Bother?

I give up - you make no sense..
Mar 11, 2012 2:32 PM

Dec 2009
Now, I don't get what's up with Yu. If she's the same one who was Saya's friend, then why she didn't age? Hoping it'll be explained. ;;
Mar 11, 2012 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
CharbbyLoves said:
BRSxIgnition said:
CharbbyLoves said:

I give up - you make no sense..

Well I Don't Care About It Either Since You're The One Who Isn't Making Any Sense And I Don't Get It Why Are You Debating Me In The First Place If It's Because You Took My Post Way Too Seriously. And FYI, I Wasn't The First One Who Didn't Understand Much On This Episode Until I Read Comments Here So Go To The Previous Pages And Try Again. Well I'm Done Here.

Gonna Wait For The Next Episode.

Mar 11, 2012 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
CharbbyLoves said:
Gonna Wait For The Next Episode.

Learn your capitalization, grammar, and sentences - You need to learn how to type before you can come onto the internet and not make a fool of yourself.
Mar 12, 2012 12:41 AM
Aug 2009
BRSxIgnition said:
1idd0kun said:
All that considering, it's painfully obvious that she isn't Yuu, that she isn't even human, that she is STR.

Please stop spreading your idiot. It's contagious.

This reply is directed at BRSxIgnition. I read through some of your earlier posts on this thread. While I believe that everybody is perfectly entitled to their own interpretation of their show, I think that calling someone else's interpretation "idiotic" just because you don't agree with it is uncalled for.

While you do make some convincing points, they are not necessarily correct, as you yourself admitted regarding your deductions made from episode 5. With that in mind, it strikes me as odd or even hypocritical that you should label someone else's interpretation as "idiotic" just because he does not concur with your assessment.

The show has yet to conclude, thus many theories lie within the realm of possibility, including your theory and the "Strength is trapped in the real world" theory. Since the main points of justification for the latter have already been expounded upon, I shall instead address your criticism of it.

BRSxIgnition said:

To clarify here: Strength and Yuu are in a full link, and able to 'switch places' at any time. This can be evidenced by her eyes when Yuu spoke with Saya in the past. Her eyes were amber - like Strength's, and her personality was darker - now however, Yuu has full control, evidenced by her brighter personality and knowledge of Strength.

Part of your hypothesis is that the persona asking for protection was Strength as opposed to Yuu. You elaborated upon this by explaining how Yuu's eyes were amber when she asked Saya to "protect her". You fail to take into account that Yuu's eyes were perfectly normal when she uttered that request, which thus suggests that she might have been Yuu asking for protection, rather than Strength, with the amber eyes only appearing when awakening Black Gold Saw within Saya.

Of course, this point is moot when your second point, that they may switch control at any time, is taken into consideration. On the other hand, to support this point, you maintain that neither of them is trapped in the other's world. While this point cannot be disproved, it cannot be proven either, given the current lack of information.

However, one main point which you mention is that Yuu is in full control. My point of contention is, how do you know it is Yuu? You mention how her personality is now much brighter, yet in Saya's flashback sequence, not once is she genuinely cheerful, and yet Yuu and Strength, by your theory, were sharing control, thus she should theoretically have been cheerful and melancholy in roughly equal amounts. As it stands, it is highly possible that the cheerful one is Strength, while the melancholy one is Yuu, especially if you consider that Yuu's mood was melancholy when talking about another girl taking on her burdens.

In conclusion, I am not trying to say you're wrong, but rather I'm trying to say that the evidence we have now is inconclusive and almost every current theory lies within the realm of possibility. I only wish to express my discomfort at how you dismiss others' conjectures as impossibilities when it is still as of yet impossible to know who is right or wrong. If your theory eventually turns out to be correct, then so be it, but there is no reason to dismiss others' theories at this point of the show.

P.S. If you're going to attempt to dismiss my points by mentioning my post count, you will have committed an ad hominem fallacy, thus rendering your arguments invalid. On the other hand, if you can form logical rebuttals for my points, I will admit that you may be right, though I maintain my belief that calling others "idiots" due to differing points of view is uncalled for. If you were a common troll, I would not be so bothered by it, but as you seem like a reasonable, logical person, it troubles me to think that you might be so egoistic as to automatically assume that others' explanations are wrong.
massdMar 12, 2012 3:18 AM
Mar 12, 2012 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
massd said:
P.S. If you're going to attempt to dismiss my points by mentioning my post count, you will have committed an ad hominem fallacy, thus rendering your arguments invalid. On the other hand, if you can form logical rebuttals for my points, I will admit that you may be right, though I maintain my belief that calling others "idiots" due to differing points of view is uncalled for. If you were a common troll, I would not be so bothered by it, but as you seem like a reasonable, logical person, it troubles me to think that you might be so egoistic as to automatically assume that others' explanations are wrong.

I simply referred to him as an idiot because he jumped to such a conclusion without anything being mentioned about people being human or not - EVER. There was never any mention about anyone being human or non-human. In both worlds, they are referred to as "Girls" - not aliens or anything like that.

That is the only main point I was contesting. I called him an idiot because it was HIM who was so egotistic to assume he was correct, multiple times without any explanation - explanations which you have offered in comparison.

Of course my hypothesis could be wrong, but I was mostly right about my last set of thoughts, and I believe I am also close with my latest thoughts on episode 6. The reason Yuu was depressed before was could definitely be because of her family condition - and she has simply cheered up now because of Saya's help and protection. Either way, I like the anime and I am simply sharing my thoughts on it.

Thank you for not hating on me too much - but I still hold to my position on the matter. I respect your views, to be sure - at least you go into detail to describe your views, compared to the person I insulted.

Now you know why I did just that.
Mar 12, 2012 4:56 PM
Aug 2009
BRSxIgnition said:

I simply referred to him as an idiot because he jumped to such a conclusion without anything being mentioned about people being human or not - EVER. There was never any mention about anyone being human or non-human. In both worlds, they are referred to as "Girls" - not aliens or anything like that.

Oh. In that case, I'm sorry for making assumptions. When I read it, I felt that you were contesting the possibility that the person in the real world was Strength. Still, regardless, my view is that insults should never be used when trying to correct another's mistake; it almost never solves the problem.

I am a proponent of the aforementioned "Strength stuck in the real world, Yuu stuck in Other World" theory, because that makes the most sense to me given the dialogue shown between Saya and Yuu. Of course, as I've mentioned earlier, every person is entitled to his or her own point of view, so I'm not going to attempt to convince you or anything.

Note that I don't "hate" you, I've just seen so much douchebaggery on the Internet (though it seems I was wrong about you) that I can no longed merely stay by the sidelines and watch. In any case, thanks for clearing the air.
Mar 12, 2012 4:57 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 12, 2012 9:55 PM
Sep 2011
I know you all have very insightful hypotheses and analyses...

but most of these posts were just tl;dr. Sorry guys. This is the internet, not a textbook. So I'll keep my post brief (and use plenty of space).

Throughout the series, or what little of it, I felt that the story progresses so much each week. My gripe is with how much the writers cram into each 30 minute airing. Seriously. It's like block scheduling (gags).

I'm not using hindsight bias here, but I will say that I held the firm belief that Saya was NOT BAD even when she started acting bitchy. I guess this episode (hopefully) proves my belief right. I never really held any grudges against the characters. I don't hate people; I hate their actions.

While Saya's motives and the plot in general seem rather confusing and nebulous to some watchers, I think that if we listen to the plot more than the action/badassery and SET ASIDE THE GODDAMN YURI (sorry), we can get a better understanding of the story. This is where my analytical reading skills learned in English came in handy. F yeah.

About Yuu's "immortality..." well, my theory is that Saya's Yuu (Yuu1) and Mato's first Yuu (Yuu2... lol U2) are separate entities. I have, unfortunately, little evidence to back this, though. I say this mainly because Mato and Yuu2 were friends from early childhood, and I'm certain that Yuu2 couldn't have looked like the way she does now at that point. Wait... what am I saying? I should go to bed now.
Mar 13, 2012 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Aurelianus said:

but most of these posts were just tl;dr. Sorry guys. This is the internet, not a textbook. So I'll keep my post brief (and use plenty of space).

And if you actually cared enough about the series, and are a fan of it and you want to know what's going on, you should get over your short attention span, and read everything.

(I still find it funny how every day there are examples such of this as how the internet has shorted people's attention spans. I didn't believe the studies at first, but now that I know about it, I see it everywhere)
Mar 13, 2012 7:41 AM

Jun 2008
YurikoRaine said:
Good Story itself but I don't like it when I need to read explanations in order to understand what's going on.

3/5

Well that depends on whether the show will become clear by the end. If it does then you not understanding everything was part of the show just to keep you thinking and confused. if it stays confusing even after it ends then you cab accuse it.

Anyway lots of stuff that needs explaining. From what i got BRS was a little like a distraction machine in the other world because it uses Mato feelings on eliminating frustrations? So that why she's killing all the other girls so the real girls basically get over their frustrations? It seemed to me something like that. So i agree with this:

LadyOrihime said:
HikaruIzumi said:
IMO BRS is actually trying to DESTROY he other world NOT to protect it. It would make sense that Saya would try all means possible to stop her. That also explains why the "others" she was "growing" (that bunch tha included Kohata's other) that BRS destroyed screamed something like: "She's coming." I don't remember it exactly and I'm too lazy to look it up.

That is EXACTLY how I see it. BRS has been wanting to destroy it all along because Mato doesn't like the thought of others taking on their suffering. She says at the end of this episode "

"The reason the girl with the blue eye fights and hurts everyone is to save us from our grief. But...But...that is wrong. That is so wrong."

Like what 1idd0kun said, Saya was trying to grow others strong enough to take out BRS because she wants to destroy that world.

On the other hand Saya/BGS cares about the lives of all the girls in the other world and wants to keep them alive even by playing with the feelings of the real girls.

As about Yuu i didn't exactly understand what's going on and why she doesn't age and stuff. She seem to be the girl with the big hands that saved Saya but why did Saya "that girl she saved me after all i did". She was always good to Yuu.
Well at least now we know that Saya isn't all evil.

Let's see what comes next and if the puzzle will start making sense.
MonadMar 13, 2012 8:48 AM
Mar 13, 2012 12:48 PM

May 2011
Ahhh, I don't think I'm really understanding this show. At all~ >.>

It's nice, though. I'll probably have to rewatch it once it's all finished, though. But from what I do understand, this was a good ep. Things keep getting more and more interesting.

And I loved Yomi's hair braided. It was so pretty. ^^
Mar 13, 2012 5:06 PM
Sep 2011
NinjaoftheFog said:
Aurelianus said:

And if you actually cared enough about the series, and are a fan of it and you want to know what's going on, you should get over your short attention span, and read everything.

(I still find it funny how every day there are examples such of this as how the internet has shorted people's attention spans. I didn't believe the studies at first, but now that I know about it, I see it everywhere)

Appreciation for a series does not come from the amount of speculation one reads.

While I agree that attention spans might not be quite what they used to be, I will say that forum members can choose to whether to read massive posts or not. I just chose to analyze the series myself. Do all good students read Cliff Notes of the books?

I don't want to start (ANOTHER) argument on this thread, but you really did only address the first 3 lines of a 14 line post which doesn't serve yourself well. Also, try not to flaunt your "reading of studies" around in a discussion like this. Case closed, peace out.
Mar 14, 2012 2:50 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode with delicious fighting scenes between STR, IBRS and BGS.
Love how badass IBRS was, tearing off her arm just like that.
Mar 14, 2012 4:40 PM

Mar 2011
I can't wait for next episode. I'll finally get to see Strength fuck some shit up xD
Mar 14, 2012 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
Wait, theres Yuri in it? Now i need to watch everything again, must have missed it..

Jokes aside, i think they are doing a good job even though they only have 8 episodes. More, like 12 or 16 would probably have been better if used right, but still, i like it.
Mar 14, 2012 11:58 PM

Sep 2008
Mamiko Noto, you've had the hardest life out of everyone, haven't you?
I think it's time for you to take a rest.
Let those other batshit crazy bitches fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2012 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
Yuu's whatever they're called looks badass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Black Rocker Shooter. Good Anime or Not?

BoldBrad - Aug 10, 2014

30 by mmKALLL »»
Oct 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

337 by Cridland »»
Jun 9, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

244 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.