Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 21, 2012 3:08 PM
Apr 2010
...I came here to talk about the chapter but all I see is rage about red hair....and genectics...what...last I checked this was a comic..
Mar 21, 2012 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
Karin Uzumaki

Kabuto Sage Mode.

Sasuke being awesome and not emo.

Amazing chapter.
Mar 21, 2012 4:24 PM

May 2011
Karin is an Uzumaki!?

Kabuto became a snake sage. And apparently becoming a snake sage makes you a dragon... ok.

Itachi just keeps saying I knew it, etc. Interesting.
Mar 21, 2012 5:00 PM
Feb 2012
Arashi89 said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Well yeah, it's just like the Jewish diaspora, after the destruction of the temple in Judea in 70 A.D. they spread through the whole world and can be found in significant numbers from Cambodia to Argentina to Norway and practically all other nations. Why would the Uzumaki be different? They were an entire nation too.

gbanshee said:
I don't see where your irritation comes from, it has no real meaning. I don't see why Karin can't be from Uzumaki clan. It's a fucking CLAN, not a family consisting of 5 members.

Except that after the destruction of the Hidden spiral village only one Uzumaki was alive: Kushina. It's impossible that she passed her powers and her traits to the entire world.

…What? Kushina wasn't the only one left alive, and she herself says so. Chapter 500: "My country is long gone… it was only a matter of time. In that era of war, people quickly came to fear our sealing techniques. The few survivors disappeared, scattering themselves across the globe."

"Few". As in, "not many, but more than one". And they separated, going to distant, different places.
Karin and Nagato being descendants of these people isn't problematic or contradictory at all.
Mar 21, 2012 5:47 PM
Dec 2011
How can you not like Kishimoto? x) he's a genius. I think it was an awesome twist in the story, that Sasuke and Itachi actually joined forces. I thought they were gonna fight each other again. I don't like Kabuto. However, it's gonna be interesting to see what his sage mode is made of. By the way Arashi89, Nagato IS from uzumaki clan :)
Mar 21, 2012 5:56 PM

Jul 2010
Karin is Uzumaki and I can't see any problem. There were other members of Uzumaki clan, so it make sense. About being red hair. It can be turned in both ways. Everyone in the world with red hair is Uzumaki OR All Uzumaki's are red haired (which he said). second one doesn't mean there is no one from other clan with red hairs.

lolwutfool said:
So he's a Dragon Sage huh, although I don't see how you can go from Snake to Dragon ;o

Chinese dragon origin came from existing animals. snakes, fish, crocodiles...
Mar 21, 2012 8:13 PM

Jun 2008
Arashi89 said:
Uzumaki Karin?! Really Kishimoto?! Now what, Jiraya was actually from Uzumaki too?! And what about Rock Lee, he has a ton of stamina, he must be an Uzumaki too!! Maybe even Nagato is part of the Uzumaki clan, who knows! Even Gaara, since he has red hair!! Or Tayuya! And Sakura has pink hair, maybe he's a descendant of the Uzumaki clan but her mother/father married a person with white hair!! Also, the Fourth Mizukage has red hair too!!! EVERYONE WITH RED HAIR IN THIS FUCKING WORLD IS RELATED TO THE UZUMAKI WHY IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE AAAAAAAAAARGRGSDGDFSDFSDEFWEONGWJLSGVFWOIWOLEFNWEFOW!!!

FUCK YOU KISHIMOTO AND LEARN GENETICS!!

At first i thought you could be funny but after seeing you post the same style shit again and again even when is not really worth it am starting to think you are just an idiot.
Mar 21, 2012 9:16 PM

Apr 2008
UN-Owen said:
Arashi89 said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Well yeah, it's just like the Jewish diaspora, after the destruction of the temple in Judea in 70 A.D. they spread through the whole world and can be found in significant numbers from Cambodia to Argentina to Norway and practically all other nations. Why would the Uzumaki be different? They were an entire nation too.

gbanshee said:
I don't see where your irritation comes from, it has no real meaning. I don't see why Karin can't be from Uzumaki clan. It's a fucking CLAN, not a family consisting of 5 members.

Except that after the destruction of the Hidden spiral village only one Uzumaki was alive: Kushina. It's impossible that she passed her powers and her traits to the entire world.

…What? Kushina wasn't the only one left alive, and she herself says so. Chapter 500: "My country is long gone… it was only a matter of time. In that era of war, people quickly came to fear our sealing techniques. The few survivors disappeared, scattering themselves across the globe."

"Few". As in, "not many, but more than one". And they separated, going to distant, different places.
Karin and Nagato being descendants of these people isn't problematic or contradictory at all.

Exactly. It makes sense but there is one problem with Nagato. His parents both had black hair, yet somehow a child was miraculously born with red hair and then assumed to be from the Uzumaki clan. From what I understand that unless both parents are from Uzumaki then the child will be born with red hair and since Naruto only had one half of his parents (his mother) from the Uzumaki clan and his father from another clan, he wasn't born with red hair. Kabuto said ALL Uzumaki's are red haired so WHERE THE HELL DID NAGATO COME FROM?!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Mar 21, 2012 9:30 PM
Jul 2010
I LIKE THIS NEW SASUKE
Mar 21, 2012 10:00 PM
Sep 2011
I am also happy that Sasuke was more... stable.

@Arashi89... what are you talking about? "Learn Genetics"? wtf explain properly plz.

I also suspected that Karin might be from the Uzumaki. I actually didn't think that would happen though lol. yay one of my theories turned out to be true!

LOL Dr. Snake ... it was like they were actually brothers.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Mar 22, 2012 12:38 AM

Mar 2009
Karin's from the Uzumaki clan, and so are all people with red hair. Sure, Kishi. Sure. This is the type of info. that should have been added chapters ago. Now it just feels randomly inserted in the middle of a fight.

Sasuke's personality being all over the place, Dr. Snakes, Kabuto's ridiculous sage mode - very bad chapter, made all the worse by the terrible translation. Seriously, the translator needs to be fired.
Mar 22, 2012 1:05 AM

Jul 2010
Zatoichi said:
Exactly. It makes sense but there is one problem with Nagato. His parents both had black hair, yet somehow a child was miraculously born with red hair and then assumed to be from the Uzumaki clan. From what I understand that unless both parents are from Uzumaki then the child will be born with red hair and since Naruto only had one half of his parents (his mother) from the Uzumaki clan and his father from another clan, he wasn't born with red hair. Kabuto said ALL Uzumaki's are red haired so WHERE THE HELL DID NAGATO COME FROM?!

No, her mother does have red hair in anime (Ep.172). In manga everything is black including nagato hairs. (Ch.444)

Mormegil said:
Karin's from the Uzumaki clan, and so are all people with red hair.

He said "Peoples from the Uzumaki clan all have red hairs" not "All people with red hairs are Uzumaki". You guys need to understand the difference. I don't think Kishi has forgotten gaara and others or planning to make everyone Uzumaki.
Mar 22, 2012 2:53 AM

May 2009
UN-Owen said:

Oh, I see, my bad. I thought that when the Spiral country was destroyed, the only survivor was Kushina.

Still, I'm tired to see Kishimoto making all the plot important pepole related to the Uzumaki/Uchiha legacies. What happened to the ninja that became legendary without having a connection to those families, like Jiraya, Orochimaru or Minato?

Monad said:
At first i thought you could be funny but after seeing you post the same style shit again and again even when is not really worth it am starting to think you are just an idiot.

Since when having doubts is considered a sign of idiocy? I'm pretty vocal when it comes to this sort of thing but at least I can admit my own mistakes.
Mar 22, 2012 3:10 AM
Aug 2011
Han-yuu said:
Zatoichi said:

No, her mother does have red hair in anime (Ep.172). In manga everything is black including nagato hairs. (Ch.444)

Mormegil said:

He said "Peoples from the Uzumaki clan ALL have red hairs" not "All people with red hairs are Uzumaki". You guys need to understand the difference. I don't think Kishi has forgotten gaara and others or planning to make everyone Uzumaki.

So I'm currently confused. Is Naruto a Uzumaki or not? He doesn't have the Red Hair!
Genetics sure is complicated
Mar 22, 2012 3:39 AM

Jul 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
So I'm currently confused. Is Naruto a Uzumaki or not? He doesn't have the Red Hair!

I don't consider him Uzumaki. He got last name from his mother because third doesn't want people to know that he's son of fourth. He should be Namikaze Naruto.

About Nagato father hairs. I'm not sure. that could be a mistake from Anime staff and he does have red hairs or could be a plot hole or maybe someone have better explanation.
Mar 22, 2012 4:04 AM
Jan 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Genetics have little to nothing to do with "clansmanship". You "inherit" the clan membership from your father (unless it's some clan that does things otherwise and women pass it down or some other condition). Naruto is not from Uzumaki clan, he technically belongs to Namikaze clan because of his father. He could also belong to some "branch" of Uzumaki clan if one existed (similar to Hyuuga clan).
Mar 22, 2012 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
straycat95 said:
Thanks to Itachi's appearance of course :D It's so awesome to see them battle side by side xD => MOST AWESOME BROTHERS!

YES.
Mar 22, 2012 6:02 AM

Mar 2011
WHAT?!?! RED-HAIR SHANKS IS AN UZUMAKI?!??!?!
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Mar 22, 2012 6:30 AM

Oct 2010
Kabuto a sage, a dragon sage! how does this work, i want to know what new powers he might have
Mar 22, 2012 8:50 AM

Aug 2007
Kabuto a sage? Am I the only one thinking he's getting more and more ridiculous? At least we had some action this time around. :) And I totally love the color-page. :D So awesome!
Mar 22, 2012 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
I didn't know (without reading any sources) that Karin is a part of the Uzumaki Clan

So you mean Kabuto will be unstoppable Sage mode with Resurrection ability?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 22, 2012 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
Mormegil said:

He said "Peoples from the Uzumaki clan ALL have red hairs" not "All people with red hairs are Uzumaki". You guys need to understand the difference. I don't think Kishi has forgotten gaara and others or planning to make everyone Uzumaki.

You're right about the qoutes
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 22, 2012 12:15 PM

May 2010
Karin is an uzumaki lol...

kabuto in sage mode XDXDXD not bad, can't wait to see the fight =]
Mar 22, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2010
bonifide said:
Wish Kabuto would hurry up and die he is my most hated character in the Naruto universe.

Watch Itachi sacrifice himself again for Sasuke to live.

yeah he’s freakin’ gy
not as gy as killerB though LOOOL
「J>K>W」
事実。
Mar 22, 2012 1:05 PM

Dec 2010
Arashi89 said:
Uzumaki Karin?! Really Kishimoto?! Now what, Jiraya was actually from Uzumaki too?! And what about Rock Lee, he has a ton of stamina, he must be an Uzumaki too!! Maybe even Nagato is part of the Uzumaki clan, who knows! Even Gaara, since he has red hair!! Or Tayuya! And Sakura has pink hair, maybe he's a descendant of the Uzumaki clan but her mother/father married a person with white hair!! Also, the Fourth Mizukage has red hair too!!! EVERYONE WITH RED HAIR IN THIS FUCKING WORLD IS RELATED TO THE UZUMAKI WHY IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE AAAAAAAAAARGRGSDGDFSDFSDEFWEONGWJLSGVFWOIWOLEFNWEFOW!!!

FUCK YOU KISHIMOTO AND LEARN GENETICS!!

LOOOL YOU should stop readin’ manga
「J>K>W」
事実。
Mar 22, 2012 5:33 PM

May 2009
RaRitsujun said:

LOOOL YOU should stop readin’ manga

LOOOL YOU should LEARN to READ the POSTS. And HOW to CAPITALIZE.
Mar 22, 2012 6:26 PM

Oct 2010
Man do I dislike Kabuto.
If Itachi and Sasuke weren't in these chapters I would even bother reading them.
His dragon sage mode power-up is ridiculous.

This entire chapter was bad, except for Uchiha.
I'm just going to assume Kishimoto celebrates Saint Patrick's Day and was drunk while doing this weeks chapter.
UsagiMar 22, 2012 7:35 PM
Mar 22, 2012 11:23 PM

Jun 2010
Face-Paint said:
WHAT?!?! RED-HAIR SHANKS IS AN UZUMAKI?!??!?!

Of course! He fled from the village and decided to become a pirate instead of a ninja! :D
Mar 23, 2012 1:30 AM

Jan 2012
Kabuto:
"Guess what guys? I'm a friggin dragon now! Not only that, but I have ALL the powers from team Taka COMBINED!(- Sasuke of course)... I can't take their battle seriously anymore. Beside, I bet Sasuke and Itachi will just spam Susano's most of the battle.

Wow man... If I wasn't a dedicated fan.. This almost made me consider putting this on hold for a looong time.

I could care less if Nagato/Karin are part of the Uzamaki clan. Why does it really matter? Its not like they'll join forces. Besides, Kishimoto can easily "claim" any character to be part of any clan if he feels like it. Can't take that seriously either.

I hope it gets back to the "kage" battle, or even better, back to Naruto's battle.
Solo-MaroMar 23, 2012 1:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 6:14 AM

Sep 2009
allot of uzumaki pricks showing up lately :))

Kabutochimaru in dragon-sage-mode....holy shit, sasuke is gonna get tentacle raped.

As if you don't already know how it turns out when an emo mahou shojo goes up against tentacle pr0n monster.
Mar 23, 2012 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
A dragon sage ay? Didn't see that one coming.
Mar 23, 2012 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
Karin turns out to be from the Uzumaki clan, that was a no brainer. Wow, Kabuto in Snake Sage mode, sweet!

I got a feeling that the Uchicha Bros vs Kabuto battle will see the end of Itachi (Again) and somehow Sasuke will channel that anger towards Konoha. xD He will fight Naruto anyways so I'm just guessing how twisted Kubo is when tying loose ends.
Mar 23, 2012 5:24 PM

Mar 2009
kisami said:
hes a sage but he still needs his glasses.....you would think he would fix it?

hmm just how many sages are there anyways.

For all we know he may have the glasses for some sort of extra protection against genjutsu.

I can asume for every "monster summoning jutsu creature" there is a land where they come from and have their representing "sage mode". So we can expect alot of sages in upcoming arcs to spice things up and keep a high level of battles. Naruto is pretty drawn out after all.
Mar 24, 2012 2:53 AM

Jan 2012
Znote said:

I can asume for every "monster summoning jutsu creature" there is a land where they come from and have their representing "sage mode". So we can expect alot of sages in upcoming arcs to spice things up and keep a high level of battles. Naruto is pretty drawn out after all.

Nah, if a bunch of sages just pop outta nowhere, its gonna seem like some type of lame ass excuse to extend the length of the story. Mainly because most there shouldn't really be anymore new characters introduced + before this, we didn't( I didn't anyway), even know that there was a sage mode outside of "frog sage mode".

So its gonna look stupid if they start throwing in stuff like "slug sage mode", or "Rhino sage mode" or any other random creature. Just my 2 cents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
Zatoichi said:
UN-Owen said:
Arashi89 said:
AstuteOtaku said:

gbanshee said:

...Recessive traits, I suppose. He could have inherited both the hair color and the awesome powers from a grandparent. (After all, Naruto doesn't have his mother's hair either.)
But since when was Nagato actually an Uzumaki? I know he was shown along with Naruto's mother and Karin in this chapter, but before that, I was pretty sure that Nagato was a Senju or whatever they were called - you know, the rival clan to the Uchiha, the ones the Uzumaki descended from. It made sense in my head, but I suppose I missed something. (Where the fuck did the Rinnengan come from?)
“There's power in the night. There's terror in the darkness. Despite all our accumulated history, learning, and experience, we remember. We remember times when we were too small to reach the light switch on the wall, and when darkness itself was enough to make us cry out in fear....”
~ The Dresden Files
★ ★ ★
Mar 24, 2012 9:05 PM

Jul 2009
kisami said:
hes a sage but he still needs his glasses.....you would think he would fix it?

hmm just how many sages are there anyways.

I would assume there would be one for the slug.

As for Karin being Uzumaki...

Explains why she likes Sasuke so much... LOL
Mar 25, 2012 6:47 AM
Nov 2009
bskbob said:
oh boy... kabuto ugliest dragon in the History of the Universe

this
Mar 25, 2012 6:05 PM
May 2010
LieutenantWinter said:

...Recessive traits, I suppose. He could have inherited both the hair color and the awesome powers from a grandparent. (After all, Naruto doesn't have his mother's hair either.)
But since when was Nagato actually an Uzumaki? I know he was shown along with Naruto's mother and Karin in this chapter, but before that, I was pretty sure that Nagato was a Senju or whatever they were called - you know, the rival clan to the Uchiha, the ones the Uzumaki descended from. It made sense in my head, but I suppose I missed something. (Where the fuck did the Rinnengan come from?)

Nagato is a Uzumaki, is not a Senjou.He received is rinnegan from Tobi. Check ep.251 to 253 (the figth Tobi vs Konan)

About the chapter it was...how should i say this without make the trolls go after me.....
I just hope that Mr. Kishimoto can make a great comeback in terms of plot, because right now, the naruto series is getting really bad.
diokunMar 25, 2012 6:14 PM
Mar 26, 2012 12:46 AM

Jan 2012
Dr. Snakes? LOL

We all know he's never going to get rid of that name ^^
Jun 10, 2012 9:27 AM

Jun 2008
I find it interesting that Itachi was able to overcome the jutsu.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 10, 2018 3:53 AM

Feb 2013
Karin is from the Uzumaki clan, nice.
Wow, Kabuto is a Sage!
Apr 25, 2021 3:38 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Kabuto looks so evil while fighting them

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 671 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2014

107 by cry4heals »»
Sep 12, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 89 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 10, 2012

5 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 28, 1:31 PM

» NARUTO creator Masashi Kishimoto teases a potential "New Manga"

deg - Aug 26

8 by shreddedsnake »»
Aug 28, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 86 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

7 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 43 Discussion

jeanfarias - Mar 20, 2012

9 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 22, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.