Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 11, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
Epic episode! Gotta love that there was more fighting this time. And the twins are sooo gonna get their ass handed to them when the time comes.

And I still love Yukarin's voice. Love that she's not just a side character but one of the two final villains.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 11, 2011 2:13 PM

Oct 2010
ByeByeMrMoon said:
I'm sorry, I still can't take this show seriously.

By reading the plot before the show even started it was quite obvious to me it was never intended to be serious....

Even if they did wipe out everyone, i still like those twins =O

Dec 11, 2011 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
I agree. Ice witch should lose at least once, would be sorta lame if she always won every damn time, it adds more to the story, loved the ep tho, but they, she got her ass whooopedddddd o.O
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Dec 11, 2011 3:06 PM
Nov 2008
I never got the impression that the darkness was actually anything supernatural. More so just a visual representation of not seeing the baskets coming. It's just as ridiculous as anything else in this show, so I don't really have a problem with it.
Dec 11, 2011 3:48 PM

May 2010
Kawaii7878 said:
WTF was that black stuff coming out of the baskets? Mini black holes ._.

Flies, lots of flies!
Dec 11, 2011 5:27 PM

May 2011
Wow, when I saw what happened to Sen at the end, I just couldn't help but cringe...

Sato should kick their asses along with the help of the Wizard (hopefully) and have Heracles become his new guerre de nom!

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Dec 11, 2011 5:29 PM
Apr 2011
The finishing move the twins did was really over the top. It wasn't a fight, it was just an execution with a broken spine cord.

The episode was okay, we will have to see how the other characters will react towards the ice witch being destroyed with baskets.

Dec 11, 2011 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
Finally back to its original self.
The past few episodes have been awful.
Dec 11, 2011 7:33 PM

Nov 2010
i hate those twins now... but on the other hand i like them :D (best villain award goes to... haha)

Oshiroi (AKA the muscle cop) will kick their ass tough hahaha :D (will be all like , trollolololol, troll face, close enough, epic fail, I WIN!!!)
Dec 11, 2011 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
2 words for this anime: Uniquely EPIC!
Dec 11, 2011 8:41 PM
Aug 2011
That was quite brutal. I hope Freak can step it up next time. Great episode.
Dec 11, 2011 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
If Shaga, Sen and Sato (The 3S) actually fought the two combined like they did with Monarch and not separated. Those twins has no chance.
Dec 11, 2011 9:01 PM

Jun 2010
-Quasar said:
If Shaga, Sen and Sato (The 3S) actually fought the two combined like they did with Monarch and not separated. Those twins has no chance.

I agree, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.....since they coordinate "so fucking fast"!!!!! lol

and with baskets too.......talk about originality! lol

loved the episode! 5/5
Dec 11, 2011 10:13 PM
Dec 2011
Great Episode. Anyone know the song name from when the twins were battlin Sen?
Dec 11, 2011 10:37 PM

Jan 2009
the witch got scissored with baskets
Dec 11, 2011 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
Something amazing just happened... We actually have credible villains who pose a legitimite threat to our heroes! Yay, baskets!

Even though there's only 2 episodes left in this series and we just got finished with the terrible fanservice episodes, this episode redeems the show and manages to salvage whatever intrest I lost in the show last week. There are two main reasons for this.

Number 1: Satou gets released from the hospital in this episode and no references to episode 9 are made. What this means is that we can assume that episode 9 doesnt exist and should never be watched ever again.... well, maybe after the series is over. It can stand alone as simply something extra for the limted fanbase of ume, but the fact that they pretended it never happened gives me, and many other people, some peace of mind. The memory of the episode is fading away from my mind as we speak...

And reason number 2: The Kyo twins with some assitance from baskets. I don't think anyone saw this coming... Not only do they proceed to demolish Yarizuri and a few faceless extras, but no one was able to do anything about it! Remember, these are the guys who beat up the monarchs army and they couldn't even lay a finger on the Kyo sisters! Granted, thier motive isn't really crystal clear, but treat them like the Joker: Just doing if for the sake of doing it and creating an interesting conflict while doing it! (Btw, that finshing move with the baskets on Yarizui was the most epic thing I've seen in this show...Thats pretty much the Ben-to version of a fatality!)

The only thing that could possibly make the series even more interesting is if they throw Asebi and Ume into the next Ben-to fights with the Kyo twins... I would pay money to see those fights!

All-in-all, this episode is probally the most interesting one so far as well as the best one: Moving past the bad times and giving us the best fighting sequence yet.
Dec 11, 2011 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
I love how the characters are always playing Virtua Fighter, and I chuckled a bit when Shaga said "Juunen hayain da yo!" because it's one of Akira's victory quotes in the games.
Dec 12, 2011 12:11 AM

Apr 2010
Simply another amazing episode. This is the best series of the season :p
Dec 12, 2011 1:49 AM
Jul 2011
Shadowlegend said:

Granted, thier motive isn't really crystal clear, but treat them like the Joker: Just doing if for the sake of doing it and creating an interesting conflict while doing it! (Btw, that finshing move with the baskets on Yarizui was the most epic thing I've seen in this show...Thats pretty much the Ben-to version of a fatality!)

yet.

Part of the motive is clear they get a trill out of this a bit like a radical sport for them the twins keep going on at it saying they just can´t quit the other part seems to relate to an event in past that got them(a pair of rich upper class girls) into contact with the ben-to figthing world keep in mind that even if they take the bento(and they do ) they are not "respecting" the basicall laws of ben-to figthing and in the eyes of the Ice witch they are a bunch of simple holigans a bit like the case of monarc making her defeat even harder to manage it will be interesting to see her reaction in the next episode .
Dec 12, 2011 3:10 AM

Jul 2008
Nothing unique now with the show, except for the setting.

Brace for a disappointing last couple of eps.
Dec 12, 2011 3:44 AM

May 2010
Yay,Ume didn't appeared,whats better than that.Lol,Oshiroi & her novels.
Dec 12, 2011 3:54 AM

Oct 2011
all i can say is " oh my gahhhhhd" - amazing episode - one of the best fight scenes i've seen anywhere - it was so funny seeing asebi fall out the window - ice witch, as usual, was incredibly sexy - especially in the scene where she is drinking the water and satou thinks she is propositioning him - orthoros were an amazing new addition to the cast - love their fighting style, but hate them for using it on the witch!!!
Dec 12, 2011 3:56 AM

Oct 2011
misaseh098 said:
2 words for this anime: Uniquely EPIC!
i agree wholeheartedly !!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 12, 2011 7:15 AM

May 2008
Great episode damn only 2 episode left >.<
Dec 12, 2011 7:57 AM
Jun 2008
The supermarket basket is made from very strong Nylon fibres .
i wonder can it block bullet as well .
Dec 12, 2011 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
dominus12 said:
Shadowlegend said:

Granted, thier motive isn't really crystal clear, but treat them like the Joker: Just doing if for the sake of doing it and creating an interesting conflict while doing it! (Btw, that finshing move with the baskets on Yarizui was the most epic thing I've seen in this show...Thats pretty much the Ben-to version of a fatality!)

yet.

Part of the motive is clear they get a trill out of this a bit like a radical sport for them the twins keep going on at it saying they just can´t quit the other part seems to relate to an event in past that got them(a pair of rich upper class girls) into contact with the ben-to figthing world keep in mind that even if they take the bento(and they do ) they are not "respecting" the basicall laws of ben-to figthing and in the eyes of the Ice witch they are a bunch of simple holigans a bit like the case of monarc making her defeat even harder to manage it will be interesting to see her reaction in the next episode .

I agree with the radical sport thing. I guess what I'm trying to say is, "even though its not a complicated motive, do you even care?".

And what do you mean they aren't respecting the rules of Ben-to fighting? People can use other grocery objects to fight so the baskets are legal and as far as I could tell, they didn't do anything "dirty" during the fight. If anything, they were impressive because they had to fight the ice witch, freak, and beauty by the lake all at once and they still manged to take down the Ice witch.

I guess you could argue that they aren't respectful of others unless they are strong in thier eyes, but they treat ben-to fighting like a sport which is pretty much how everyone treats it so there isn't really anything the Ice witch can be mad about other than the fact that they got a clear victory over her.
Dec 12, 2011 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Shit just got real son!
Dec 12, 2011 1:51 PM

Aug 2011
Guys, if you think about it, this show is pretty ghetto hahaha. Hardcore fighting for food. xD

The OP had some few words changed lol..
Hot wincest action in the bath shower!!
Crazy baskets skill with the twins.
Dec 12, 2011 3:03 PM

Oct 2007
Best series of the season. I'm just glad there was some fighting after a couple of no-action episodes. And those twins have it coming so hard. So hard ^^
Dec 12, 2011 5:27 PM

Oct 2011
This Ep has some seriously good fights, Using of shopping baskets were awesome! I mean it can redirect impact directed to it, avoid damage to the person, and provide as "shadows" metaphorically shown in the action. Good shit. Good shit. When the Ice Which went down, I totally imagined those two baskets as jaws that bit her...
5/5 for this Ep
Hello :D
Dec 12, 2011 6:29 PM
Jun 2008
GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY! really this quite OH NO really of ep.

indeed now twins are now biggest threat to beat really with shopping baskets of doom darkness are main weapons really double combo really beat up everyone it this ep alone really anyone or something to stop the twins?!

especially pulling a con-basket-to on ice witch make her spin around if real life her neck could snap & yet more humiliated putting a basket of her head after being beaten really basket on head it like twins calling card.

really got wonder what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 12, 2011 7:47 PM

Nov 2009
You is really starting to pissed me off with his idiotic behavior as of late...
Dec 13, 2011 2:15 AM

Jul 2009
Everyone was there - Ice Witch, Beauty, Hentai, Monk, Brunette, that other guy, Gabriel Ratchett boss... And NO ONE HELPED!
They just stood around after being hit once and let the Ice Witch fight. At least Sato joined her after a while, but what about all the others?
Dec 13, 2011 3:54 AM
Jun 2008
animehobbit said:
Everyone was there - Ice Witch, Beauty, Hentai, Monk, Brunette, that other guy, Gabriel Ratchett boss... And NO ONE HELPED!
They just stood around after being hit once and let the Ice Witch fight. At least Sato joined her after a while, but what about all the others?

oh yea almost remind of monarch beatdown eps ago when sato got slaughter & nobody helps yea give if everyone tried to gang-up on the twins really with their con-basket-to of darkness better call in everyone or dear lord get if ume on ben-to maybe ume might beat them?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 13, 2011 6:29 AM

Oct 2010
Finally caught up to this series. I was like stranded since episode 5 and could not catch up fast. Since Asebi’s intro it really got good. This episode was totally RAGING and depressing in regards towards Sen in the spoiler
blood and basket over the head reminded me of that Monarch arc part. However I did do the following,

Now that part was the best hit ever! Add to that You’s kick on one of the twins and it was perfect. The problem is that you can say the rage is kind of the in the air and only towards the act. There is no way I could have any for the twins after their cock-tease in the spoiler (NSFW)
oh dear. Breast shapes, asses and I wonder if details really will be put out in the BDs There is mass potential of it since episode 7 easily. Best fan service, seriously no way to hate the twins after this.

Did anyone notice the rich and amazing changes in the OP. They may have eluded some since it zoomed past fast but here is my list of what they were and I am pretty sure I did not miss any.
  • The beginning has the twins in the spoiler
    that was nice right from the start. Made a GIF of it.

• Changed running in the hall with the Bento in the spoiler
    they made it different and added the twins naturally along with Shaga.

• From the above they added also Asebi in the spoiler
    she looks so cute there and I almost see those panties.

• The OP totally spoilered that all is going to get solved in the spoiler
    that totally denies the fact things will get bad. It shows all will get along.

• The twins fight part in the spoiler
    show their faces and moves nicely despite being short, it’s a OP part.

• Nice add of all going for the twins in the spoiler
    the chopstick movement adds a nice touch.

• I have the impression that You in the spoiler
    is shown more serious. Maybe it’s me.

• I am not sure but is the 2 start sequence with Sen in the spoiler
    new? One start looks like the Wizard but the other one I wonder about.

• Another cute twins sequence in the spoiler
    that one is nice. The hold hands in a lovey-lovey way.

• Interesting show of the twins with Sen in the spoiler
    more than anything it shows Sen crying and Kyo with the long hair crying a little or about to but the Kyo the other one has no emotional, which suggests which twin is more emotional but that was foreseeable earlier on.

• Not sure but Ume’s part in the spoiler
    looks different. At least it appeared to me better than before.

• The chopstick part 2 in the spoiler
    was great because it feature Shaga in a swimsuit and the twins along with some Hana.

• The second sequence of the fight of the twins in the spoiler
    shows very nicely more of their moves better. I liked that short one a lot.

• They gave away these cool parts with colours of the characters in the spoiler
    whom I adore twins one and Sen/Shaga one.

• Finally the after image after the OP in the spoiler
    changed to include more people.
So as you can it is totally insane what stuff of extra they put due to the twins. Very happy with it. I hope revenge is carried out epically of the twins being beaten down.

BTW I made GIFs and Signature ideas in the BLOG:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=642515
I would have preferred a club but apparently there is none made yet of this anime. Sucks. Regardless so nice stuff of the twins ecchi service, stuff you can use for signatures and some stuff from the OP.

PS: Glad to be around the same episode all are. Comments look positive in general.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 13, 2011 8:49 AM

Oct 2010
Great battle, my Witch ;__;
Dec 13, 2011 1:40 PM

Nov 2011
And the question remains... Why don't they show Brunette's face? Why???
Dec 13, 2011 3:43 PM

Jun 2011
BITCH TEARS WERE SHED DURING THIS EPISODE
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Dec 13, 2011 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
Shadowlegend said:
(Btw, that finshing move with the baskets on Yarizui was the most epic thing I've seen in this show...Thats pretty much the Ben-to version of a fatality!)

QFT

The twins were awesome, 2vsEveryone. Hopefully the rest of the characters won't start hating on them just because they won.
Dec 13, 2011 4:55 PM

Jan 2011
Mephist said:
Shadowlegend said:
(Btw, that finshing move with the baskets on Yarizui was the most epic thing I've seen in this show...Thats pretty much the Ben-to version of a fatality!)

QFT

The twins were awesome, 2vsEveryone. Hopefully the rest of the characters won't start hating on them just because they won.

From the looks of the new OP, it seems they will become part of the group of friends...
Dec 13, 2011 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
Anzekay said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:

Somehow, I get the impression that this is intended.

Haha! yeah. They never wanted anyone to take it seriously. It's show with fights in supermarkets did you really thing they where going for a serious tone?

Anyway quite a cool episode and i liked the big battle at the ending although am as little sad on how brutal the finishing move on the ice queen was. I always feel bad seeing pretty things get hurt. What the hell are you doing Sato!! When someone hurts your woman is when you truly pull out your fangs, how could you let them hurt her so bad. Shame on you!

I guess the ending will revolve around the rematch of the ice queen and Satou vs those twins.

Aria_Amanchu said:
Kawaii7878 said:

Flies, lots of flies!

For you and for others than complain about the black stuff. There is no black stuff. The black stuff you see is nothing more than a symbolism on how those baskets limit the view of their opponent along with their fast movement. It's a symbolism of the confusion it causes to the one facing them.

Demigodrickli said:
This Ep has some seriously good fights, Using of shopping baskets were awesome! I mean it can redirect impact directed to it, avoid damage to the person, and provide as "shadows" metaphorically shown in the action. Good shit. Good shit. When the Ice Which went down, I totally imagined those two baskets as jaws that bit her...
5/5 for this Ep

Well fuck me! We found a person that actually gets it.
MonadDec 13, 2011 5:49 PM
Dec 13, 2011 7:11 PM

Nov 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Mephist said:
Shadowlegend said:

QFT

From the looks of the new OP, it seems they will become part of the group of friends...

That doesn't prevent them from getting hated on before their inevitable defeat :p. Ex: Shounen protag team spouts self-righteous hypocritical nonsense>battle>victoryspeech>friendship.

At the very least Shaga and the other guy seem to be taking it a bit too seriously XD.
MephistDec 13, 2011 7:15 PM
Dec 13, 2011 7:40 PM

Jan 2009
Mephist said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Mephist said:
Shadowlegend said:

QFT

That doesn't prevent them from getting hated on before their inevitable defeat :p. Ex: Shounen protag team spouts self-righteous hypocritical nonsense>battle>victoryspeech>friendship.

At the very least Shaga and the other guy seem to be taking it a bit too seriously XD.

"Taking it too seriously" flew out the window during the first episode...

Anyways, If the Kyo's do become a part of the group, then does that mean a second season will be made? It would seem pretty pointless to put them in the group this far in the series if there wasn't more...
Dec 13, 2011 10:01 PM

Feb 2008
yo one of the most epic fights for half priced food
Dec 13, 2011 10:14 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Anzekay said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:
Somehow, I get the impression that this is intended.
Haha! yeah. They never wanted anyone to take it seriously. It's show with fights in supermarkets did you really thing they where going for a serious tone?
For real? Nah! Cops and security would huff you and the gang in less than a spic span moment. They would not play around with violence like that.
Monad said:
Aria_Amanchu said:
Kawaii7878 said:

Flies, lots of flies!
For you and for others than complain about the black stuff. There is no black stuff. The black stuff you see is nothing more than a symbolism on how those baskets limit the view of their opponent along with their fast movement. It's a symbolism of the confusion it causes to the one facing them.
Actually I was thinking suddenly twins have super powers or they made some contract with the devil to get their powers but who knows really.

I definitely am going with the theory of a metamorphic showing but that's about ti.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 13, 2011 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
Shadowlegend said:
Mephist said:

At the very least Shaga and the other guy(the one who served under the monarch) seem to be taking it(as in the actions of the twins) a bit too seriously(as in wasn't a good fight the whole point) XD(because I'm obviously not taking this show seriously).

"Taking it too seriously" flew out the window during the first episode...

Along with your reading comprehension apparently...

edited quote for those with difficulty.
Dec 13, 2011 11:11 PM

Mar 2010
what makes no sence is that the twins are calling people weak when they fight 2 on 1 so doesn't that make them the weak ones, I bet once separated they'll be just as strong as everyone else
Dec 13, 2011 11:18 PM

Mar 2010
not to mention fighting with baskets as shields is pretty pathetic, without each other and their baskets they'll be weak as hell
Dec 14, 2011 12:19 AM
Feb 2011
i was well exspecting sato to avenge the ice witch but thatll be cutting the ending too short also i dont think they will fight them next episode either i think itll be them coming up with a stratagy
Dec 14, 2011 1:30 AM

Dec 2009
After last weeks shit, I'm happy about getting this very good episode :)

-Awesome fight scene with quality animation. Me Likes xD
-Even though I like her, I'm glad that The Ice Witch was defeated. Now she's not unbeatable anymore and that should make their next battle EPIC :)

And the best thing about this episode was.... NO UME!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

135 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

112 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2011

126 by Stuntdrath »»
Jan 27, 6:57 PM

» This bitch right here Ume Shiraume

Zerity - Aug 24, 2017

34 by Imperfection98 »»
Jan 5, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

199 by fathandz »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.