Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2011 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so Shana begins her life as a prisoner in bal masque, Im also glad they used part of zoetrope to show a bit more of Shana's past. Damn Yuji, be more delicate next time though...

Even when everything is serious now....Shana can still be moe as hell though.

Nov 4, 2011 11:19 AM
Jul 2009
I enjoyed the episode. The first half was quite entertaining with Shana rejecting Yuji.
RedFlameHazeNov 4, 2011 10:40 PM

Nov 4, 2011 11:31 AM
Jul 2010
RedFlameHaze said:
Waiting for subs.

Same here. I hope they don't come out like last week - 2 days after the episode aired.
Nov 4, 2011 12:09 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode!

Shana become afraid of Yuji power, hmm.. Well of course.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 4, 2011 1:21 PM

Sep 2010
IT'S RAPE TIME!!!

2e16nig.png
Nov 4, 2011 5:21 PM

Oct 2010
Never thought Shana would show such weakness. But it makes her more complete, more psychologically realistic. She just became more alive. Damn, i`ve been waiting for years for her character development...

Yuji seems a bit hurt by her words. Wonder what he`s gonna do. Maybe she`ll manage to run away because he`ll secretly let her go?

This episode is full of speeches, can`t wait for subs. BTW Commies group makes some crappy subtitles, gotta wait for SS-Eclipse...
Nov 4, 2011 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
Waiting for subs!!!!

I really hate that they had to make Margery stop fighting! She was one of my favorite characters and I always enjoyed her in fights! I hope she gets together with Satou soon though.

I am sick of seeing Kazumi as a main character...I heard she is going to fight with an axe soon? I hope that won't spoil the show for me since I am not really a fan of her.
Nov 4, 2011 7:17 PM

Jul 2011
So far it's been a meh season, not sure how this'll go. That paired with meh animation and inconsistent art kind of makes this new season underwhelming. On the bright side, great OP/ED, haven't heard much of the OST to judge it yet though.

Well that episode was an improvement, I guess incessant bitching about Yuuji at the beginning of the season has it's effects. Liking the Crimson Lords more than the actual characters, oh well. Although that pseudo-rape scene really wasn't necessary.

4/5, and improvement, hopefully it stays like this or better yet, improves.
mdzNov 5, 2011 9:24 AM
Nov 4, 2011 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
Setup episode as I expected, but this is why I like this series...it takes it slow and builds up until everything explodes all over, it rewards patience and it rewards it well.
Nov 4, 2011 8:38 PM

Feb 2010
Yikes...is it just me, or is Shana falling out of love with Yuji? She was pretty harsh to him...granted shes been kidnapped, but Yuji already told her he'd protect her. I wanted the romance to go away, but for some strange reason, I'm feeling bad for the main villain now, go figure.
Nov 4, 2011 8:41 PM

Sep 2007
Interesting to see what the Festival of Snake guy is up to by giving Alastor a personal tour of Bal Masque. Lol at people reserving posts in the thread to "edit later on".
Nov 4, 2011 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
Everyone is leaving the pregnant lady to take care of herself.
Nov 4, 2011 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
Dum de dum flashbacks and plot reveals.

They sure are introducing a bunch of new characters, though. I'm getting lost when they start referring to everyone by their titles.
Nov 4, 2011 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
game8910 said:
Setup episode as I expected, but this is why I like this series...it takes it slow and builds up until everything explodes all over, it rewards patience and it rewards it well.

I couldn't put this better myself. One of the best points of this show.

Wasabi said:
Interesting to see what the Festival of Snake guy is up to by giving Alastor a personal tour of Bal Masque. Lol at people reserving posts in the thread to "edit later on".

I actually don't see any point in doing this. Why they post then edit later? Just post after you saw the episode. There's nothing wrong with that, but the "reserving" thing doesn't make sense for me.
Nov 4, 2011 9:45 PM

Jun 2010
damn... yugi better have some serious shit planned...
Nov 4, 2011 9:54 PM
Oct 2010
game8910 said:
It can get a bit frustrating when watching by the week. Not that I'm complaining, as it makes for a great watch when it gets completed. IMO that is.

The art quality is still good... I hope JC Staff doesn't do as always and drop it mid season...
daniellkun said:
Wasabi said:
I actually don't see any point in doing this. Why they post then edit later? Just post after you saw the episode. There's nothing wrong with that, but the "reserving" thing doesn't make sense for me.
I ignore completely those posts, which is easy as I only read posts from the last I've read... Which means I miss edits a lot, but I don't really care.

Anyway, I find reserving a "post spot" almost as childish as reserving the thread start.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 4, 2011 10:14 PM

Apr 2011
Episode was good, I wish shana and yuji had more alone time. ;(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2011 10:28 PM

May 2010
SquattingTurtle said:
damn... yugi better have some serious shit planned...

Lol YUJI, not card games

EDIT: Why is that guy with the spear wearing shades at night??
ConfuciusNov 4, 2011 11:23 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 4, 2011 10:36 PM

Jun 2010
I don't know why that was sad to me. I know it's the bad Yuji, but still, the way she refused him. It was really sad.

Nov 4, 2011 10:42 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
Lol at people reserving posts in the thread to "edit later on".

LOL.... apparently it's really important to make it to page 1...

Anyways, poor Shana, they took her powers and are keeping her hostage.

LOL Yuuji, what are you waiting for......defenseless moe Shana is in your palms....man the fuck up!!!
Nov 4, 2011 10:44 PM

Aug 2008
It really does look like Yuji was about to rape Shana there, didn't it?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 4, 2011 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
guyklc said:
It really does look like Yuji was about to rape Shana there, didn't it?

Dunno about him but I would.
Nov 4, 2011 10:49 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,like other people say one think i like about this anime is how it builds up until hell breaks loose,and what hell we are going to see.

Shana rejecting Yuji was predictable but still kinda hard on him.

Shana is cute as always,and next episode more build up.

daniellkun said:

Dunno about him but I would.

who wouldn't :D
raxius1230Nov 4, 2011 10:52 PM
Nov 4, 2011 11:07 PM
May 2011
e=RedFlameHaze]I enjoyed the episode. The first half was quite entertaining with Shana rejecting Yuji.

I agree the first half was entertaining but the second was OK. Is it just me at some scenes it seems like Shana it tall and and some parts she is short
Nov 4, 2011 11:36 PM

Dec 2010
Solid build up episode, pretty much what i expected since i knew that they wouldn't do another episode like the last one so early in the series. Shana kind of bothered me again for the same reasons i suppose as the last episode, but i suppose this episode was more understandable since its only logical that no one would like to be a prisoner for protection or otherwise.Based on the preview it looks like next episode is going to be another build up episode since it showed mostly Satou which means i doubt there will be much action involved. On a little side note is it just me or do the Flame Haze's have little to no organization? it seems like there cooperation with each other is almost non existent compared to the Bal Masque who are actually thinking of tactics as a collective whole. Well in any case i look forward to the next episode action based or not.
Nov 5, 2011 12:15 AM

Aug 2011
It seems this season will be about pointless confrontation between Shana and Yuji.
Such a disappointment.
Nov 5, 2011 12:48 AM

Sep 2011
13man18 said:
I don't know why that was sad to me. I know it's the bad Yuji, but still, the way she refused him. It was really sad.

Woah I was going to type the exact same thing. O_O

For some odd reason I felt really sad when Shana was scared of Yuuji... er... I don't know why. Probably because I loved seeing them together in the first 2 seasons. Sighz* -o-
Nov 5, 2011 2:34 AM
Jul 2010
Well... that was boring. lol
When the ending started I was like... "Wait, that was IT?!"
Not so much new to the story(exept the Wilhelmina/War-Something-Something thing). Next episode also seems like a snorefest, if it's gonna be all about Keisaku.
Other than that... for me it was kinda sad watching Shana struggle... and I started hating Yuji, no idea why, I know he's supposed to be the good guy and make everything right, but right now... I don't think I like him at all. He's rude and he's keeping Shana captive, he took all of her belongings AND on the top of that, he's expecting her to act all "OMG, YUJIII I'm frikken in love with you!!" Well, NO, dumbass, she isn't anymore. He left her all alone TWICE(on Christmas eve and when he took her to Bal Masque).
So, yes... color me disappointed.
Nov 5, 2011 3:28 AM

Sep 2011
waterflame said:
I started hating Yuji, no idea why, I know he's supposed to be the good guy and make everything right, but right now... I don't think I like him at all. He's rude and he's keeping Shana captive, he took all of her belongings AND on the top of that, he's expecting her to act all "OMG, YUJIII I'm frikken in love with you!!" Well, NO, dumbass, she isn't anymore. He left her all alone TWICE(on Christmas eve and when he took her to Bal Masque).

I never liked Yuji to begin with. He was a spineless wimp for the longest time. His biggest life problem was trying to figure out if he wanted to actually be honest with his feelings about Shana or wuss out again and settle for another meek and spineless person.

I dislike the fact that he's in God Mode right now. Even when the Snake's personality isn't showing, Yuji still acts all haughty and everything. The kid barely had any outside experience or working knowledge of Flame Hazes and their methods and he decides to go on some Holy Crusade against them?

It's nice that Shana will have a difficult opponent, but Yuji's always gonna be that little snot back in season 1 to me. The cognitive dissonance is mindblowing.
Nov 5, 2011 4:40 AM
Oct 2011
*Sighs*
You don't understand Yuuji's intentions and his personality. At all.
Well, you will see.
Nov 5, 2011 5:47 AM

Oct 2010
Boring episode. Like always Shana is annoying as hell. I just want Yuji and his crew to start the war already.
Nov 5, 2011 7:56 AM
Dec 2007
Huge info dump episode in which I admit I didn't catch everything, but it was interesting anyway.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 5, 2011 8:10 AM

Nov 2007
ciddypoo said:

I dislike the fact that he's in God Mode right now. Even when the Snake's personality isn't showing, Yuji still acts all haughty and everything. The kid barely had any outside experience or working knowledge of Flame Hazes and their methods and he decides to go on some Holy Crusade against them?

Remember that Yuji and Snake are now the same being, this also means that Yuji now has ALL of Snake's knowledge as well. True, he didnt know much about how Flame Hazes work before, but now he knows as much as anyone else from the world of Guze.
Nov 5, 2011 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
game8910 said:
ciddypoo said:

Remember that Yuji and Snake are now the same being, this also means that Yuji now has ALL of Snake's knowledge as well. True, he didnt know much about how Flame Hazes work before, but now he knows as much as anyone else from the world of Guze.

The way the anime portrays it is that Yuji willingly accepted the Snake's offer, which would imply that prior to him actually 'confirming' this knowledge by actually merging with him (if that actually is the case) he decided to take a gamble and trust the words of someone that he is completely unfamiliar with in order to go into direct conflict with trusted allies that repeatedly saved his keister over and over again.

SiegfriedCalibur said:
*Sighs*
You don't understand Yuuji's intentions and his personality. At all.
Well, you will see.

You're right. I don't understand them, which is why I'm questioning and discussing them. You've already alluded to the fact that you already know what's going to happen based on the novels, so there's no point in directly arguing with your 20/20 foresight. What I'm saying is that right now, based on what I've seen in the anime, his reasoning is still shady and I still do not like the character.

Halfway through the season or at some point when he reveals all of his true intentions (since your tone makes it seem like he's going to revert to being a supreme good guy and this all was a misunderstanding on everyone else's part) my opinion may change. But right now, it seems like Yuji jumped into this all headfirst with little to go on.
Nov 5, 2011 11:10 AM
Mar 2010
This episode for me: Like of Shana rising, Hate of Yuji rising, and also to all those fangirls and fanboys complaining about Kazumi being a main character suck it up, she's a popular character in Japan, so she's not going anywhere The more Kazumi Yoshida, the better
Nov 5, 2011 11:12 AM

Sep 2008
Mamiko Noto sure has her way with words. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2011 11:38 AM
Jun 2011
by how the episodes go until now it seems they follow the same path as the light novel
Nov 5, 2011 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
Not being granted the knowledge of future plot developments that the LN readers have, all I can do is comment on what we've seen so far. It's pretty clear that there must be more going on than meets the eye, otherwise why would Alastor be around Yuji's neck voluntarily? The Corpse Retriever has also made an appearance and up until now he has been an entirely independent factor concentrating on maintaining the balance. If he is suddenly alligning with Yuji, then it looks like the combined entity is more than just the big bad of the season.

As for the flame hazes, we had lots of information in season one that showed they are not a cohesive group. While they share a general goal of eliminating the crimson denizens (including some like Corpse Retriever who are not attacking humans), they often work at cross purposes or in competition (to be fair it also looks like the Crimson Denizens also have trouble working together). Based on what Margery's book said it looks like Satou will have to navigate flame haze politics in order to return and do the prince charming thing to wake her up.

Adding to the mix is the residual effect of Shana's previous incarnation during the great war, and Johan's spirit which was in the Reiji Maigo when Yuji took it over. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be resolved, so I'm quite happy to give another episode or two in setting the stage for the action. We still have 20 episodes to go, more or less.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 5, 2011 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
how could you get your self taken hostage like that Shana? you should of kicked Yuugi's ass!
Nov 5, 2011 2:22 PM

May 2011
young shana was rly cute ^^
nice drama at the beggining of the ep but kinda slowed down after a bit
still loving this series
Nov 5, 2011 2:52 PM
Jun 2011
well it looks like bal masque almost completly prepard to begin the war
Nov 5, 2011 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm, it was kinda slow, I hope it'll get better again soon...
I'm saddened to see Shana's reaction towards Yuuji...:(
Nov 5, 2011 3:57 PM
Apr 2009
rejected ! cry more yuji !
Nov 5, 2011 4:05 PM

Aug 2007
Gawsh, they certainly know how to destroy Shana's strong character even more. Was she always this whiny? Break it with your muscle power then. That lock really looked like one crappy lock.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 5, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2010
DragonsWhip said:
Gawsh, they certainly know how to destroy Shana's strong character even more. Was she always this whiny? Break it with your muscle power then. That lock really looked like one crappy lock.

You're watching very bad. If Shana can't break it even with decorative sword, and was injured by this action, it's logical that this Hougu is well-protected, and very, very strong. It had been made to keep strong prizoners.
2e16nig.png
Nov 5, 2011 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
I have a question
Sydonay said something about returning to his family to Hecate
Is he actually in love with her?
Nov 5, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2008
lol!

Wilhelmina : Where's my backpack?
Tiamat : On your back.
Wilhelmina : :O.....
Nov 5, 2011 7:43 PM

Feb 2008
From what I have seen, I am going to say Yuji has something planned. Which fits his character really well. My guess is he wants to make Shana's life better, and he found some type of plan to do so.

On another note, why is everyone saying bad yuji, or acting like he has done something wrong? From my perspective, he is taking necessary precautions to keep Shana safe. Sure sure, he kidnapped her, but that is only because she fought against him. If a police officer asks you to get in the car, and you do not and fight, they kick your butt, and technically kidnap you. But keep in mind the officer is not in the wrong, usually.

I am taking Yuji's side and say Shana is in the wrong here. She already knows it's him. She should know him well enough by now, to know he must have some type of plan. She should also trust him. As Yuji said, the only difference between then and now is power. Shana shouldn't be scared.

As for the supposed rape scene. Seriously? I didn't even think of rape at all through the entire scene. Now if cloths managed to come off some how, then I might of thought that. But they where fully clothed and it looked more like a fight. Yuji is trying to get her to understand he is doing this for her, yet she is acting very harsh toward him.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Nov 5, 2011 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Yay, another info dump episode. Shana was super kawaii though. <3
Nov 6, 2011 1:37 AM

Mar 2009
I like where this is going, and the whole world seems interesting to me. The turn of events was unexpected to me, so I assume I'll get more of that in the rest of the series.

What will Yuuji do? And Shana?

Oh and I didn't understand the skeleton sky-blue-haired guy thingy memory.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

35 by CrimsonCW »»
Jul 30, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

185 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.