Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 5, 2011 12:52 PM

Mar 2008
Kurimu-chan said:
Note: THIS IS NOT FLAMMING this series.

But I feel like all the 9s and 10s are way way overrated for a show that has just started (only 2 episodes), not to mention that these two episodes are so predictable.

I think that the animation and art is gorgeous, and the music inserts are amazing, but when it comes to the plot, it's a bit weak and typical. It will probably get better, not flamming that, I mean, it does have 22 episodes and a long road left.

But seriously? 10s and 9s on just the first 2 episodes? Isn't that a little bit overrated, especially since the show is at the 'typical' stage atm? I saw a lot of hype from Guilty Crown even before it pre-aired.

Thoughts? Remember, this is not for fighting or flamming, I'm just wondering what people see, and why they believe guilty crown deserves a 9-10 score just based on the first 2 episodes.

Btw, you already started flaming when you wrote "Series it too overrated?"

People rate the show on an episode basis, and it doesn't always stay 9 or 10; people tend to change the rating as the show goes on. This is actually good for people who want to watch the anime; it gives them an idea of how the show is before watching it.

Fans of this title rate it 9 or 10 in order to increase its popularity, and make other people watch it. I see nothing wrong it, more the better for the title and author. And if it's a really bad title, the rating will show after a while.

There is also an issue about haters, who vote it 1 after one episode, so it kind of balances out the ratings.

This is how people rate anime, it's been going on for ages now.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Nov 5, 2011 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
If you're going to hate something, or dislike it, you need more of a reason to do that than you'd need to like it.

It's always easier to like something than hate it, and always harder to justify hating than liking. It's just how things are.

No it isn't. Also, that logic is stupid.

One's opinions and feelings on something is just that; opinions and feelings. The world is bigger than every one of us; and we just need to enjoy what's out there and cuss out at what we don't like.

If opinions and feelings have to be explain and "you still don't get it," then it's an annoying waste of time that could've been spent on something more productive.

Finally: It's important for characters (especially a male lead in crappy animu like Guilty Crown) to click with the fickle audience who watch said animu. If it takes them [4 episodes] to get their act together, then the show had just lost the audience that isn't otaku.

Yeah. It's truly a shame how all this great animation is wasted on such crappy animu (for the sake of its crappy audience). What the hell, animu industry? ;_;
Nov 5, 2011 2:43 PM

Mar 2010
ShortTermCrook said:
By comparison to garbage like mashiroiro, makenki and horizon it will still hover around the middle of rankings for this quarter.

I like your "cat dissing its food" pick, my friend. :)
Nov 5, 2011 3:52 PM

Oct 2010
Bluey said:
People like stateing their opinions and that is what these forums are for. Watching an episode and not liking anything in it doesen't exclude people from saying what they thought about the episode, even if they didn't enjoy it at all.

I disagree with you about the blind fanbois. I'll read an angry cynic's opinion over a person who blindly loves a show any day of the week. People who complain are bitter eliteists? If a show is shit and somebody doesen't like it, it doesen't mean they were watching it to complain. Theres a massive difference between warranted criticism and blind hate.

Don't know how you've gotten tired of the negative comments in the threads. Since from what Ive seen, the comments have been overwhelmingly positive.

Comments have been much better? You mean more positive? Unless comments that criticise and are negative are bad?

If their hype was realistic it's not their fault. But the show, for being poorly done.

That's what I'm saying, criticism is all fine and dandy but if people are coming in to watching the show every single week ONLY to complain about how shitty they think it is then wtf the point of watching it? By a mix of positivity and criticism I mean there seem to be more people who know how to recognize the good points of the show while still being able to point out things they find questionable or a bit off.

As I said I really don't like people who puke rainbows of fanboyism nor do I like the grumpy whiner that has nothing better to do but complain about everything about the show. They're both on different ends of the spectrum but they're annoying in their own ways. And you're taking my comment and applying it to anyone who criticizes. I said a few of them come off that way, not all, just a few. It's just that these people tend to stand out more.

Well it's not as if it was like Fractale where we had a director "staking his career" on it. Even if the show has a well-respected staff line up, expecting anything beyond wanting the show to entertain you, you're sort of binding yourself to face some disappointments.
Nov 5, 2011 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
ShortTermCrook said:
By comparison to garbage like mashiroiro, makenki and horizon it will still hover around the middle of rankings for this quarter.

Errr... But really? Surely Maken-ki and Horizon must be utterly retarded but lumping in Mashiroiro with them? It isn't even a fanservice show. It is in fact a harem but it has quite a decent story which could be compared to the likes of ef - a tale of melodies or something along those lines.
Nov 5, 2011 8:47 PM

Nov 2010
Some might come and defend Horizon saying it's plot is still developing and noone understands it anyway, or makenki - for whatever reason anyone might want to defend it, the point is, Mashiroiro still isnt anything unique or interesting, and MAL does that service of dividing worthy shows from these you might or will waste your time on.
Ive played Ef - A tale of the two visual novel, and it might not have been the same as anime, I had the impression its that mildly sweet bit foolish and innocent title. But Mashiroiro is rather what Shuffle was, bunch of girls being throw in the face of what seem only handful of males existing in the world.
Nov 5, 2011 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
Silent_Scream said:
ShortTermCrook said:

Errr... But really? Surely Maken-ki and Horizon must be utterly retarded but lumping in Mashiroiro with them? It isn't even a fanservice show. It is in fact a harem but it has quite a decent story which could be compared to the likes of ef - a tale of melodies or something along those lines.

Can we not compare something like Mashiroiro to ef - a tale of melodies or memories that is pretty much like spitting on ef. Mashiroiro is so slow and they even talk real slow. It is not a bad anime but it is not that great either, i would probably say it is closer to fortune arterial but a bit better than fortune. Shuffle was also better than Mashiroiro is.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Nov 6, 2011 8:10 AM

Mar 2010
PEOPLE!! Can we focus, please?!

We're talking about Guilty Crown and how overrated this animu is.

& IMMHO, every animu based on visual novels SUCK (except for the original To Heart where the supporting male lead is a soccer player, gets one of the girls, and doesn't suck @ life). (Now, hentai anime based on ero-games, THAT'S where it's AT!)
Nov 6, 2011 8:54 AM

Aug 2011
That Inori chick is SO ANNOYING. Like seriously, I hate characters like her so much with a burning passion, acting all quiet and so "cute" makes me want to light my eyelids on fire. I don't really see how everyone like her so much. The anime series so far is only alright and is definitely overrated, but there are still 18 episodes to go before its finished so I can wait up on my ranting...... -______-
Nov 6, 2011 3:59 PM
Nov 2008
FlynnxGuy said:
That Inori chick is SO ANNOYING. Like seriously, I hate characters like her so much with a burning passion, acting all quiet and so "cute" makes me want to light my eyelids on fire. I don't really see how everyone like her so much. The anime series so far is only alright and is definitely overrated, but there are still 18 episodes to go before its finished so I can wait up on my ranting...... -______-

I can't say I hated her because she didn't do ANYTHING at all. She just exists and gets pushed around by Gai and Shu. Walks, runs, eats, that's about it. Lifeless doll. Oh and ofc he let's Shu pull out a giant spear/sword from her.I'm sure the series will develop her via "I love Shu I will go against Gai" at some point, but right now she didn't do anything to warrant all the love. There are hundreds of really interesting and engaging female heroines... Maybe the problem is that they usually wear more clothing :P.
Nov 6, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2010
I don't deny Gc have fantastic visual and music. But seriously, I watch and I can predict 90% . There isn't nothing new, is just a pamphlet of other anime.
Gc have Code Geass plot, Neon Genesis Evangelion Character and EVERY damn cliche We have already seen thousand and thousand of times.
So, until now, Yes IT Is Overrated .
I'm not an hater, I really hope it will be better. Episode 4 was, in someways, a good start. But, for God sake, if next episode we are back at school (after All that happened) , I will drop it immediately
Nov 7, 2011 12:45 AM

Apr 2011
ShortTermCrook said:
Some might come and defend Horizon saying it's plot is still developing and noone understands it anyway, or makenki - for whatever reason anyone might want to defend it, the point is, Mashiroiro still isnt anything unique or interesting, and MAL does that service of dividing worthy shows from these you might or will waste your time on.
Ive played Ef - A tale of the two visual novel, and it might not have been the same as anime, I had the impression its that mildly sweet bit foolish and innocent title. But Mashiroiro is rather what Shuffle was, bunch of girls being throw in the face of what seem only handful of males existing in the world.

Sure it isn't anything groundbreaking but it really isn't as bad as what you're making it out to be. It might not be compared to the likes of popular school drama anime such as Clannad and I take back what I said about it being something like ef but in all seriousness, Mashiroiro is sweet and is quite relaxing. Which I think is what it is trying to be.

Tyrenol said:
PEOPLE!! Can we focus, please?!

We're talking about Guilty Crown and how overrated this animu is.

& IMMHO, every animu based on visual novels SUCK (except for the original To Heart where the supporting male lead is a soccer player, gets one of the girls, and doesn't suck @ life). (Now, hentai anime based on ero-games, THAT'S where it's AT!)

What about Steins;Gate, ef, or Clannad? Are you saying those anime suck too?

Anyway back to topic. It's quite hard to tell if Guilty Crown is overrated because there are only 4 episodes out. A person who'd say that this is overrated is probably hating it because of its hype and was disappointed because of his/her majestic expectations. That or you're John Titor.
Nov 7, 2011 8:33 PM

Mar 2010
Silent_Scream said:

I didn't look at Steinsgate or ef; but I assume they suck because they were visual novels and "lol Japanese animu industry" (as oppose to what Marvel, DC, and HasBRO can do).

And HELL YEAH Clannaids SUCK; it's at Evangelion-level SUCK which is at negative millions. I missed the memo that said "pretty animation is the best indicator of how well a show will do." Whoever wrote it forgot to mention that pretty animation is a good indicator of how guys will SUCK and how bad the writing will be.

Finally: I didn't like Code Geass because Bancolding$ was creatively "extending their middle finger" at the time. But (if CG's going to be ripped off,) I vouched for a male lead that wasn't so far out of reach for us normal folks to grasp. Instead, we get a blithering, self-insert nobody who sucks at life. -_-;
Nov 7, 2011 11:23 PM

Oct 2011
Tyrenol said:
Silent_Scream said:

I didn't look at Steinsgate or ef; but I assume they suck because they were visual novels and "lol Japanese animu industry" (as oppose to what Marvel, DC, and HasBRO can do).

And HELL YEAH Clannaids SUCK; it's at Evangelion-level SUCK which is at negative millions. I missed the memo that said "pretty animation is the best indicator of how well a show will do." Whoever wrote it forgot to mention that pretty animation is a good indicator of how guys will SUCK and how bad the writing will be.

Finally: I didn't like Code Geass because Bancolding$ was creatively "extending their middle finger" at the time. But (if CG's going to be ripped off,) I vouched for a male lead that wasn't so far out of reach for us normal folks to grasp. Instead, we get a blithering, self-insert nobody who sucks at life. -_-;

I really didn't think it was possible to sound that stupid/ignorant on the Internet. Thank you for proving me wrong.

But back to the topic at hand, it might be seen as overhyped, but that depends on what the person exPected before it began airing. If I am being brutally honest, the second and third episodes were rather disappointing to me, and made me get nervous about the series, but episode 4 fixed that, and overall, it is meeting my rather high expectations.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Nov 7, 2011 11:27 PM
Aug 2009
expect dumb action show
get dumb action show

how was it overrated? 10/10 for delivering
Nov 8, 2011 2:17 AM

Nov 2008
As i was watching episode three,my head started shaking.This anime is fail.
Nov 8, 2011 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
How are more people watching this than Mirai Nikki or Fate Zero?
Nov 8, 2011 4:25 PM

Sep 2010
I love it so far, but I'm not going to rate it until the end or at least halfway through.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 8, 2011 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
I really didn't think it was possible to sound that stupid/ignorant on the Internet. Thank you for proving me wrong.

1: The same thing can be said about people like you; more so than not.
2: You must have me confused with Artefact from the Sankaku Complex blog.
Nov 10, 2011 11:46 PM
Jun 2011
Nipsirc said:
How are more people watching this than Mirai Nikki or Fate Zero?

to be fair mirai nikki goes down the shitter towards the end and fate zero is probably a bit too dark for the audience of this show(though its also incomparably better).
Nov 11, 2011 1:14 AM

Feb 2009
I usually start rating shows around 3-4 epd, I mean damn by then you should know where the show is going. I think I have this 8 right now, I don't see how it's a 9 or 10 atm tho.
Nov 11, 2011 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
My socks have more personality than Inori -____-
She just there for fan service.....
Nov 11, 2011 7:27 PM

Jun 2009
I gave this series 6/10 (pretty much because they're using Supercell's songs as OST), maybe gonna give more lower score if the ending not satisfied.
the story just too overall.
Nov 11, 2011 11:44 PM
Aug 2008
I like the music, I like the art, the story is okay, and the characters aren't really that interesting. In that sense, I don't think the series is living up to the hype. I'm still watching it, but compared to other shows this season like Fate/Zero, this one is falling a bit short and therefore overhyped.

I won't rate until I either drop or finish it.
Nov 12, 2011 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
So, the first episode was cool and all - it have off the promising vibe of something new, something - at least partially - fresh. I was really impressed by that song with vocals, nice art... yup, it was good. And then the second episode came out, and I was all like "finally!" And then, and then...!

THE SAME SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN. For fuck's sake, why?! I can see a pattern, an algorithm even, there. No matter what do you start with, it always ends with a MC being/encountering a transfer student and sitting in the second last desk, in the next-to-windows row.

Nov 12, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2011
Dropped it after the 5th episode. I realized it was heading nowhere after the 2nd episode or so, but stayed with it because of the animation/art/music. During the 5th episode, I thought to myself. Why am I watching such a piece-of-crap cliched show?

I promptly closed the tab after that.
Nov 12, 2011 7:39 PM

May 2011
Rating is 3/10 so far. Everyone who does not see how much shit this show is should start thinking what they are actually watching.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 12, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
Blackiris said:
So, the first episode was cool and all - it have off the promising vibe of something new, something - at least partially - fresh. I was really impressed by that song with vocals, nice art... yup, it was good. And then the second episode came out, and I was all like "finally!" And then, and then...!

THE SAME SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN. For fuck's sake, why?! I can see a pattern, an algorithm even, there. No matter what do you start with, it always ends with a MC being/encountering a transfer student and sitting in the second last desk, in the next-to-windows row.

OMG LOLOLOL, the window seat thing is so true! Find it funny that you dropped it just cause of the transfer student thing though. It's definitely clichéd but it's not like there was no point to it, Inori didn't just suddenly transfer in for no reason and this is evident in ep.5 if the reason wasn't obvious already. I don't mind cliches as long as I think they serve a purpose or are well executed but YMMV.
Nov 12, 2011 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Karhu said:
Rating is 3/10 so far. Everyone who does not see how much shit this show is should start thinking what they are actually watching.

wow, i mean i think the show is like a 6/10 to me but whta you just said was total crock

you just said "IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME YOUR WRONG"

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 13, 2011 2:30 AM
Aug 2010
Ah no, the fanboys' opinions matter just as much as the next guy. If I had to choose I would say the haters' opinions should matter less. The fanbyos are fanboys because they think its that good whereas the most of the haters hate it because the fanboys love it.

Anyways, I never rate a show until I've seen 3/4 or all of it. Usually all of it. Have not seen this show; it doesn't seem promising but who knows. Fortunately, predictability and cliche don't mean jack shit to me; a cliche and predictable show can still be damn good if done right.
Nov 13, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2011
^ Am not a hater. My rating is completely fair, when it comes to rating I don't care if others love or hate something, that has nothing to do with the score I give since it doesn't have any connection to the shows' actual quality. Fanboys give this high rating cause they think this is something which it is not, that's how it goes. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

What makes GC so bad are these "characters", one of the worse ones I've ever seen. Some horny waifu collectors are probably enjoying these personality lacking robots. Their main purpose is to be fanservice and I guess it works for these people. Any of these "characters" don't have any motives to do what they are doing, just working for the script which makes them nothing more than robots. There is no development. Basic idea and story is mediocre at the best, action is just sad. Nothing special about the art, sounds are fine. That's how I see it.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

wow, i mean i think the show is like a 6/10 to me but whta you just said was total crock

you just said "IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME YOUR WRONG"

3/10 is my rating and fair in my scale.

Ah, what I meant to say was more like "if you give this high rating, you don't know a shit about anything." Sounds lot better, does it not? :3
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 13, 2011 10:36 AM

Aug 2011
Bobjones said:
Fortunately, predictability and cliche don't mean jack shit to me; a cliche and predictable show can still be damn good if done right.

LOL? "I know character X is going to die, yet I am shocked by his/her death!"
Nov 13, 2011 10:44 AM

Oct 2011
Tiago97 said:
Bobjones said:
Fortunately, predictability and cliche don't mean jack shit to me; a cliche and predictable show can still be damn good if done right.

LOL? "I know character X is going to die, yet I am shocked by his/her death!"

You know Luffy is going to win basically every fight he gets into, does that mean you hate One Piece?
Nov 13, 2011 10:48 AM

Mar 2010
ideoidiom said:
You know Luffy is going to win basically every fight he gets into, does that mean you hate One Piece?

Luffy's not spineless and pansy-arse. That's why 1-Piece is so popular.
Nov 13, 2011 10:52 AM

Aug 2011
ideoidiom said:

Those of the top of my head. Plus, I don't watch One Piece for the fights.
Nov 13, 2011 11:02 AM

Oct 2011
Tiago97 said:
Plus, I don't watch One Piece for the fights.

Point proven.
Nov 13, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
ideoidiom said:
Tiago97 said:
Plus, I don't watch One Piece for the fights.

Point proven.

But the death of a character usually influences a show very, VERY much. Even in long shows like One Piece. While fights don't affect the show that much.
Nov 14, 2011 1:51 PM

Aug 2011
Blackiris said:

I am officially in love with you.
Nov 19, 2011 8:36 AM

Nov 2010
on one side. the hatedom proclaims cliche storm and are thus, smart for bringing down an "average" series which has elements they don't like in the first place.

on another side. the fandom proclaims awesome art/music/etc and are thus, brought down for being dumb for rating a show highly because of elements they like in a show.

i don't see anything wrong here.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

43 by Merve2Love »»
Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

504 by Firemax »»
Jul 13, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2011

265 by DooMWhite »»
Jun 25, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.