Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2011 5:25 PM

Jul 2010
so i was thinkng about watching this, but apparently there will be this 2011 version so i was wondering if i shoul just watch this one?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 3, 2011 8:36 PM

Sep 2008
i would say watch the original. i personally really liked the original. and the one that is coming up in october, there could be some differences in plot/ in how they execute it.

plus, originals are always the best :)

Your worries may seem like the world, but compared to the world they don't even come close.
Aug 4, 2011 1:49 AM

Apr 2010
Sonikkut said:
i also think original is better

How can you know it is better when the new one isn't out yet?

Aug 4, 2011 3:19 AM

Dec 2009
Watch the original - You can always see if they deviated from the plot in the new one later. And... always watch old things first, ahaha! Because you'll always feel that the new series is better if you watch it first (from the difference in the quality of the animation).
Aug 4, 2011 3:56 AM
Dec 2007
Watch the original. It is my favourite anime of all, and I can't see how this 'reboot' would be any better.
<|[[[[{
Aug 4, 2011 9:05 AM
Feb 2010
The only difference would probably be voice cast, music and animation.
I think the voice actors and music for the original were very good, that's why I may not like the new series as much as new fans. The animation/style is kinda outdated but portayed the Yorkshire arc very well with a dark style.

I say watch the original, it will be a great experience and you'll be able to detect filler in the remake because the original was filler free. And it will take years for the remake to reach the point were the original stopped.

Btw the original also includes the OVA and Greed Island (+final).
Aug 4, 2011 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
i'd say wait since the most important aspect is the plot so if you have any intention of watching the new one anytime soon without being bored since just watched the original and know everything that is going to happen and be fresh in your memory i'd say skip the old for now...sure if the new one doesn't get as far(why it wouldn't is beyond me) or later on once the new ends and time goes by and want to re-watch Hunter x Hunter then watch the old one for a slight change in pace ^^
Aug 4, 2011 1:25 PM

Mar 2010
I adore the original so I'd say go ahead and watch that. I'm going to miss the original voice cast and score. ;_; I hope this reboot covers everything and doesn't just leave fans hanging. I'm curious to see how it will differ.

Aug 4, 2011 5:30 PM

Apr 2007
RyokoAyekaLover said:
i'd say wait since the most important aspect is the plot so if you have any intention of watching the new one anytime soon without being bored since just watched the original and know everything that is going to happen and be fresh in your memory i'd say skip the old for now...sure if the new one doesn't get as far(why it wouldn't is beyond me) or later on once the new ends and time goes by and want to re-watch Hunter x Hunter then watch the old one for a slight change in pace ^^

I'm almost at a point that i'm sure that he will enjoy the original one over the new. HXH (1999) best anime ever made.
Aug 4, 2011 7:08 PM

Jul 2010
I will never watch the original. Remakes are ALWAYS better. Evangelion and FMA: Brotherhood are proof of this . Besides the original series is old and bad quality. I dont want to see that when I could be watching something with 10000000x better quality.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 4, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2010
wow, a lot of good criticism and views on the matter. original usally beats remakes becuz it came out first and our minds (and hearts sometimes) are set on that one.
also if i watch the old one first, the least i can look forward to is better graphics when i decide to watch the new one.
and eucalyptustree16 (do you have a shorter name plz? lol) said its filler free, and that's somehow winning me over.
BlackListHunter said:
I'm almost at a point that i'm sure that he will enjoy the original one over the new. HXH (1999) best anime ever made.

i think you may have good eyes there (not relating it tou your sasuke avy, lol)

Aug 4, 2011 9:52 PM

Jun 2011
The original is definitely worth watching, regardless of what the remake is like. It's one of the best, and unfortunately, most underrated series that I've encountered.

I don't think that remakes are always better, or visa versa. It depends on how well each individual series is executed, and of course, the opinion of the viewer. It's all subjective. For example, I much prefer the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime to the remake (or the manga, for that matter).

And I'm kind of excited about this! This is the first I've heard of a Hunter x Hunter remake, and that's one of my favorite series. :D I just hope it doesn't disappoint, because it does have a lot to live up to. Plus, I am admittedly very attached to the original voice cast. I can't imagine anyone other than Junko Takeuchi as Gon or Yuki Kaida as Kurapika. Killua and Hisoka also have very distinctive and fitting voices. Oh, well - I'll try to keep an open mind. :)
Aug 5, 2011 3:44 AM

Jan 2009
zansabarshadow said:
I will never watch the original. Remakes are ALWAYS better. Evangelion and FMA: Brotherhood are proof of this . Besides the original series is old and bad quality. I dont want to see that when I could be watching something with 10000000x better quality.

amen to that bro lol, although i have watch the original series on TV back in 2003 or something, im much more excited on the fact that this will be reanimated in modern animation quality
Aug 5, 2011 3:45 AM

Dec 2010
zansabarshadow said:
I will never watch the original. Remakes are ALWAYS better. Evangelion

Hahahahah. No.
Aug 5, 2011 3:46 AM

Jun 2009
zansabarshadow said:
I will never watch the original. Remakes are ALWAYS better. Evangelion and FMA: Brotherhood are proof of this .

yeah well, no.
Aug 5, 2011 6:24 PM

Apr 2007
zansabarshadow said:
I will never watch the original. Remakes are ALWAYS better. Evangelion and FMA: Brotherhood are proof of this .

U serious?
Aug 5, 2011 6:54 PM

Mar 2009
May as well watch the original first. Hunter x Hunter is something you can marathon through. I personally wouldn't want to wait a week for each episode to come out; it's too much if you're impatient to know what happens next. And trust me, you'll want to know.

For me, I'm gonna wait until Hunter x Hunter (2011) is done or almost done before even starting.
Aug 5, 2011 8:05 PM

Jul 2010
BlackListHunter said:
zansabarshadow said:

U serious?

Why wouldn't I be? Look at the ratings of 1.11-2.22/Brotherhood on here and everywhere else compared to their originals. I'm just voicing what i see and believe here. If you don't think the same. Then well, screw you. I can say what I want, Its not like you can stop me. You can call me out but hey I don't give a damn about what you say lol /end of story

All I'm trying to say is why see something outdated when i could see something in way better quality. Its like choosing between that old twinkie bar on top of your fridge that may be a couple years old and a fresh hot dount straight from the oven. Obvious choice though that wasn't a very good analogy but you get my point lol
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 6, 2011 1:16 AM

Oct 2009
zansabarshadow said:

Obvious troll.
Aug 6, 2011 1:42 AM
Jul 2008
zansabarshadow said:
Remakes are ALWAYS better.

Urrgghh... When you put that "ALWAYS" in there, your opinion just goes in the water to me.

OT: I've seen the original HxH two times already and now when I heard of this, I instantly threw myself over it again. There isn't any dead parts in this series, it's all awesome all the way and you should definitely watch it first. It will be a fun process to sit and compare the old and the new series against each other too.
Check out my YouTube channel, all about retro and smaller games:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
Aug 6, 2011 6:18 AM

May 2010
zansabarshadow said:

LOL not rly. Don't get me wrong here. I love FMA and I think BH story is better than the first one. But in Brotherhood character designs change like... every episode. That is better quality?

Well, back on topic, I suggest watching the first one. It's one of the best adaptations of a shonen manga I've seen so far. The 640x480 (and sometimes, bad subs) might be a turn-off but not the anime itself. Animation might be old-school but everything is well-drawn. You might even find Kurapica pretty. Haha.

It just feels odd that something like this is unpopular over there while in my country it has been aired at least 4 times on local TV. It's that popular, maybe as popular as DBZ.
Aug 6, 2011 11:24 AM

Jul 2010
coldwave said:
zansabarshadow said:

Obvious troll.
Aug 6, 2011 4:57 PM

Apr 2007
zansabarshadow said:
BlackListHunter said:
zansabarshadow said:

U serious?

Why wouldn't I be? Look at the ratings of 1.11-2.22/Brotherhood on here and everywhere else compared to their originals. I'm just voicing what i see and believe here. If you don't think the same. Then well, screw you. I can say what I want, Its not like you can stop me. You can call me out but hey I don't give a damn about what you say lol /end of story

All I'm trying to say is why see something outdated when i could see something in way better quality. Its like choosing between that old twinkie bar on top of your fridge that may be a couple years old and a fresh hot dount straight from the oven. Obvious choice though that wasn't a very good analogy but you get my point lol

ow so you did watch Hunter x Hunter

first: your speculations goes by comparing FMA which makes you an idiot. brotherhood was manga only, where the first one was just a bunch of fillers at the end. where Hunter x Hunter followed the manga fully. Hunter x Hunter is way from outdated. thats like saying that you won't watch the first episodes of naruto/ One Piece because the quality is better (in art).

so you gave me 2 names of animes that we're probably better then the original, does that give you approval to shout that reboots are always better?
Aug 6, 2011 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
BlackListHunter said:
RyokoAyekaLover said:

so making speculation into a fact i see considering the new one hasn't even aired yet, the only thing we know how it is are the plot will be the same and the character designs based on whats shown up so far are pretty good and rather faithful to the original. so if they want to watch the new one while its airing i don't see the plus in watching the original right now..why take the fun out of the new series by knowing whats going to happen in detail since only just watched it while can just get the experience with the new one?..sure the old one was good..so if they like the new one or the new one for some reason doesn't get far enough then by all means watch the original later..even if all they want to see is Hunter x Hunter again after the new one ends they can watch the old one for a change of pace. naturally if they have no intention of watching the new one while its airing the original is totally good to watch now as well since should be a couple years atleast if all goes well
Aug 7, 2011 1:47 AM

Aug 2011
zansabarshadow said:
Remakes are ALWAYS better

Aug 7, 2011 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
if i hadn't watched the original series, i probably would of waited for the new series to start since i wouldn't want to have the story spoilt so i could enjoy it to its full potential. but if it does end up being pretty poor, then you can watch the original anyway which is already proven to be very good.
Aug 7, 2011 9:04 PM
Jun 2010
zansabarshadow said:

lol not necessarily true. Can you say Dragonball z kai is better than Dragonball z. lol and fullmetal alchemist and brotherhood are two different things dude. that's the worst comparison ever. Fullmetal alchemist didn't follow the real plot and story that it did in the manga. Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood was better because it followed the plot from the manga. The remake will probably look better, I agree with you there but it doesn't mean that remakes are always better.FMAB is not a remake of FMA. Know your stuff before looking ignorant man but I, too am stoked for the new hunter x hunter. You sounded like a troll there.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Aug 8, 2011 3:10 PM

Oct 2008
I liked the original enough to have rewatched it 4 times, so I'm definitely still excited to see the remake. If the remake is less edited than the original, and Greed Island arc is animated better (OVAs were too bright, and drastic change in animation style, violence very edited), I'll definitely recommend the remake. But overall it's too early to tell.
Aug 10, 2011 4:50 AM

Nov 2010
I will go for the new version since it's madhouse, the original seems old in graphic and music now
Aug 10, 2011 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
No harm in watching both, but surely the new version will be superior artwise.

Not all remakes are necessary/good, heck I don't see the point in Dragonball Kai.

Aug 10, 2011 5:00 AM
Sep 2009
Ask this question after the remake airs. We have no idea how it will turn out yet. I have faith that it'll be as good as the original, but anything could happen. If you're really interested in Hunter x Hunter though, the original is amazing as it is. Some people consider it too old now, but if the animation doesn't bother you then just watch it.
Aug 10, 2011 3:18 PM
Jan 2011
coldwave said:
zansabarshadow said:

Obvious troll.

whats a troll?
Aug 10, 2011 3:21 PM
Jan 2011
IPervOnYou said:
coldwave said:
zansabarshadow said:

Obvious troll.

whats a troll?

i thought brotherhood was a sequel
Aug 15, 2011 10:17 AM
Feb 2008
Oh great, I just finished downloading the series ... Now I can as well watch both versions parallel.
Aug 15, 2011 5:01 PM

May 2009
Caydra said:
Oh great, I just finished downloading the series ... Now I can as well watch both versions parallel.

Well, that sure will be strange due to the different voice actors/actresses.
Aug 20, 2011 3:26 PM

Jun 2007
The original was great. The further you go into the episodes the more fun they are.

Watch the original and when the new one comes out watch that as well.
Aug 22, 2011 7:39 AM

Dec 2009
Watch the original, it's amazing. Since the remake will change voices and these things, i think it's better to watch the original and then the remake so you can compare and chose which one you liked the most. C:
Aug 24, 2011 6:38 PM
Oct 2008
zansabarshadow said:
BlackListHunter said:
zansabarshadow said:

U serious?

zansabarshadow said:
BlackListHunter said:
zansabarshadow said:

U serious?

Well FMA:brotherhood is closer to the original, and i really think it made much more sense then FMA:normal..wouldnt call it the original since that is the manga.

my biggest hope for this HxH is that they continue it until the manga is done!..that would be heaven!..want to know what happens after greed island!..without reading..prefer watching anime over reading manga anyday..
Aug 24, 2011 6:39 PM
Oct 2008
coldwave said:
zansabarshadow said:

Obvious troll.

Though he has a point when it comes to FMA, but evangelion..is always best in its original form..except for the ending..then the End of evangelion ending is better than the normal anime-ending xD
Aug 28, 2011 12:46 AM

Jul 2010
I've seen the original series last year so I'm excited to watch the remake!
Aug 28, 2011 10:19 AM
Aug 2011
i am going to whatch the new one
because:
1-good quality pictures
2-every new thing always good
3-i like this anime
4-the orginal is not finished yet!!!

so there are may reasons =)
at the end i will what the new one even if there are some changes
but i think it would be better
and they will remover the things that may make the anime bad
and replace it with a new good things

SORRY FOR MY BAD SPELLING MISTAKES, ENGLISH IS NOT MY MAIN LANGUAGE !!
BUT, I THINK YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT D I MEAN =) !
Aug 28, 2011 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
salboainain said:

2-every new thing always good

That is so wrong. Your just being judgemental.

You're like one of my friends, and he's like :"Oh, I only watch what has good graphics", whatever that means.
It's logics such has that one, that make children listen to Justin Bieber.
Aug 28, 2011 6:55 PM
Aug 2011
^
^
^
LOL!
nope i dont see every good anime that have a good graphics
but what did i mean with the "every new thing always good" is:
i mean the new changes shuch as new detalis
a bit change on the storry ..etc =)

i am just watching one piece at the moment
but when hunter x hunter is back i will also watch it
so i watch anime depend on it story =)

i dont ant to whatch more than one piece and hunter x hunter
cus now i am 16 and when the both of them will end up i may be at 35 LOL!

SORRY FOR MY BAD SPELLING MISTAKES, ENGLISH IS NOT MY MAIN LANGUAGE !!
BUT, I THINK YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT D I MEAN =) !
Aug 30, 2011 10:47 PM

May 2010
In the thread discussing the remake, they say that they will be making some changes from the original manga story (such as making it more kid-friendly, toning down the violence a bit even though it's not horribly violent to begin with, etc). If you want to see the story closer to how it was in the manga, you should probably watch the original. If you want modern animation, the new series might be better for you.
Personally, I really liked the original series, even though its genre usually isn't my favorite.
Aug 31, 2011 12:58 AM

May 2010
As IceAndCream said...

Gintoki79 said:
bad news...
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3499.html
the director wants to make some changes from the original, like Hisoka's personality will be somewhat different and Kaito wouldn't appear early in the story.

- Kaito won't appear early
- Hisoka will no longer be perverted, but will just be a "brave man"
- less violence
- Togashi will supervise the series

im gonna continue watching the original.

Ah, so they're going to reduce it to a children's show.

FUCK IT.

Fuck... really. My anger is overflowing. That explains why the poster looks so... ugly.

I know it's too early to tell if this will be a good or bad adaptation but damn, they should've just continued where the ova left off. :|

I hope they're trolling. It's Togashi after all.
Sep 2, 2011 8:35 AM

Jan 2011
Definitely original! They changed the seiyu, and I really dislike the new set of seiyus for the new anime.
Watch the original and you will get the feel from the manga.

For original, the character design and quality all improves as the anime continues, and they also look (grow) 'older'/less kiddy as it's continues.

Look at the new character design:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/08/18/character-design-preview-for-new-hunter-x-hunter-anime

The new character design for Killua, Gon and Kurapika are even kiddier than the start of original anime D< Killua will never smile like in the 2nd photo OTL
Plus the design and color look sooo 'flat'.
Hisoka look so skinny that it's kind of disgusting, and his hair color should be really dark orange, not hot pink D:
Sep 2, 2011 8:49 AM

Jan 2011
stormgoddess said:
As IceAndCream said...

Ah, so they're going to reduce it to a children's show.

FUCK IT.

Fuck... really. My anger is overflowing. That explains why the poster looks so... ugly.

I know it's too early to tell if this will be a good or bad adaptation but damn, they should've just continued where the ova left off. :|

I hope they're trolling. It's Togashi after all.

I am angry too... same as you.. More of sad though.
I don't like the voice actors, especially for Killua... He is my favorite character of the series. And they are using a female seiyu who most anime role are females (except for 1-2), and they are all girlish/kidish voice.. How I wish they would change Killua seiyu to Romi Park..
Sep 3, 2011 6:54 AM
Mar 2010
I haven't watched it either (yet), but plan to watch the original and then by the time i'm done with it, I'll follow the remake version~
I didn't exactly like the art of the old series too much, but meh, as long as it's as epic as everyone says it is, who cares? :P
Sep 10, 2011 10:26 PM
Feb 2010
I say watch the new one and then the original. I only say this because I believe the original won`t be surpassed by this new one but you should be able to enjoy the remake if you aren`t constantly comparing it to the old version.
Sep 13, 2011 9:39 PM
Sep 2007
I think ill try to watch 2011 remake.. even though I have re-watched original few times and I like it.. xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 96 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

191 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

167 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

247Eyes - Aug 31, 2013

173 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

209 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

167 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.