Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2011 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
When I drafted Mike Vick, Tom Brady was still available.....I thought to myself, there is NO WAY IN HELL that Brady can have another year like 2010.

>517 Pass Yards, 4 TDs

Well, I'm already regretting not picking Brady....

Also, Mike Vick better deliver against his old team this week, he has to show them that they were PUNKS for turning on him so quickly...

Yeah, he killed dogs, but it's not the same as killing humans, the Falcons acted like Vick was a street thug bent on causing chaos, they considered him the worst thing to ever happen to them.....even though he did great things.

....I hope "Matty Ice" (Stupidest name in the NFL by far) gets sacked 10 times....I really don't like him.
Sep 13, 2011 6:02 PM

Jul 2011
alexcampos said:
When I drafted Mike Vick, Tom Brady was still available.....I thought to myself, there is NO WAY IN HELL that Brady can have another year like 2010.

>517 Pass Yards, 4 TDs

Well, I'm already regretting not picking Brady....

Also, Mike Vick better deliver against his old team this week, he has to show them that they were PUNKS for turning on him so quickly...

Yeah, he killed dogs, but it's not the same as killing humans, the Falcons acted like Vick was a street thug bent on causing chaos, they considered him the worst thing to ever happen to them.....even though he did great things.

....I hope "Matty Ice" (Stupidest name in the NFL by far) gets sacked 10 times....I really don't like him.

I actually side with Vick on a lot of things, the whole he did the crime/time thing. But let's not belittle such a thing as killing dogs, that shit is a crime for a reason, it's simply fucked. But alas, I don't want this to devolve into Vick's past.

That being said, I wouldn't say the Falcons are PUNKS for not wanting him back, most teams were hesitant to sign him, they knew he'd be a huge risk and a potential pr nightmare, The Eagles were willing to embrace that risk simply because of McNabb's urging.

..And Brady destroyed last night, but damn, this may be the season of the quarterbacks, 10+ threw for over 300 yards I believe.

My Rams weren't looking so good, hopefully we don't get plagued by injuries this year, shit seemed to be turning around after our improvement from 1-15 last season, don't want to see that again.
Sep 13, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 2008
Also... losing by 0.1 pts... something like that is not unheard of either. Ah, the delicious world of fantasy.

SwanSoup said:

I actually side with Vick on a lot of things, the whole he did the crime/time thing. But let's not belittle such a thing as killing dogs, that shit is a crime for a reason, it's simply fucked. But alas, I don't want this to devolve into Vick's past.

Ever looked at the "white Vick" article?
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 13, 2011 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
Imagine the Colts getting the worse record and then drafting Andrew Luck. Manning would be back healthy and Luck would have the perfect mentor.
Sep 13, 2011 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
KyuuAL said:
Ever looked at the "white Vick" article?

Here it is for anyone that hasn't read it yet:
http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/id/6894586/imagining-michael-vick-white-quarterback-nfl-espn-magazine

Also, I MUST disagree with ESPN, if let's say it had been someone like Brady that was guilty of a crime....the media and fans and ultimately the police would not have treated him the way Vick was treated.

Vick was villainized to such an extent that the majority of "EXPERTS" said that he would never step into a football stadium again.

Mike Vick never lost his talent....which is the ONLY thing that should matter in the NFL.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but Vick's story is a great one, and I do hope he succeeds.

SoFarGone said:
Imagine the Colts getting the worse record and then drafting Andrew Luck.

This is VERY INTERESTING.....

If for example Manning doesn't come back at all and the Colts have the WORST record, then they have a big decision ahead of them.

Do they keep going with Manning and that HUGE contract he still has, or do they let him go and restart with Luck?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's a very real scenario, Manning is still going to be paid millions of guaranteed cash, but what happens if he's still not ready to go next year, if they keep him, the Colts have to continue paying millions of dollars for a bench warmer.
Sep 13, 2011 8:24 PM

Feb 2009
That team opt-out after 1 year in Manning's contract looks very interesting.

If you're a Colts fan you should be happy your in the worst division in the AFC, because a bad season while grooming a rookie QB could still lead to a division title.
Sep 13, 2011 10:02 PM

Aug 2008
baboon said:
That team opt-out after 1 year in Manning's contract looks very interesting.

If you're a Colts fan you should be happy your in the worst division in the AFC, because a bad season while grooming a rookie QB could still lead to a division title.

Apparently, the Colts have shown issues in all aspects of the game.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Sep 14, 2011 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
I may roll with two tight ends this week, Witten and Pettigrew, LOL. The Colts are done. Put those turkeys to sleep. Slap some makeup and formaldehyde on the old dowager. She gone.
Sep 14, 2011 1:48 PM

Jun 2009
It's incredibly difficult to imagine the Colts without Manning but i guess it's a real possibility. I have no love for the Colts, but I really don't want to see him go out like this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 14, 2011 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
insan3soldiern said:
It's incredibly difficult to imagine the Colts without Manning but i guess it's a real possibility. I have no love for the Colts, but I really don't want to see him go out like this.

He's not done for the career. For the year maybe.

Yet, week 1 quickly answered the question: What is the Colts like without Peyton Manning? Peyton aside, the Colts have long ignored various issues regarding other positions on the team, particularly defense which heavily relied on pass rushing to get by. Yet, they don't have big linebackers or shut-down corners to handle the other aspects of defense.

That's because of a high powered offense that could put the team on an early lead - or at least able to score quickly when behind.

Sep 14, 2011 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
If the Colts wanted to tank their season that badly to get Andrew Luck, then they wouldn't have signed Kerry Collins in the 1st place because he's at least a serviceable QB. They would have started their back-up Curtis Painter instead.

Also, their division is so weak that it would be hard for them to go 1-15 or 2-14, and get the #1 pick.
Sep 14, 2011 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
I'm late QQ. I'll keep this brief:

1. Tom Brady is on my fantasy team, nuff said.
2. Patriots > all
3. The Bills are hungry this year.
Sep 14, 2011 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
You sure this shouldn't just be a fantasy football thread? I've thought about doing it some time, but I could never be bothered.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 14, 2011 10:36 PM

Aug 2008
insan3soldiern said:
You sure this shouldn't just be a fantasy football thread? I've thought about doing it some time, but I could never be bothered.

We can do both things here. Why not?

Sep 14, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
I mention Andrew Luck because the Colts are scouting him. So they are thinking about a possible replacement.
Sep 15, 2011 12:36 AM

Jun 2009
KyuuAL said:
insan3soldiern said:

My bad. I was talking about thinking about actually trying out fantasy football not making a separate thread.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2011 12:46 AM

Aug 2008
insan3soldiern said:
KyuuAL said:
insan3soldiern said:

My bad. I was talking about thinking about actually trying out fantasy football not making a separate thread.

Hmm, we have a 12-team set up. Plus, another 8-team league. With week 1 starting, we've already started. Even though some fantasy league systems allow new leagues starting up even after the season has started -- it'll be tough to find people to play.

Sep 15, 2011 1:04 AM

Jun 2009
@ KyuuAL

It's no big deal. Maybe I'll think about it next season.

Anyway, In case no one knows, I'm a Titans fan. And, I've got to say I am NOT looking forward to next weeks game against the Ravens. My only hope is that the game with the Steelers somehow burnt them out...but, I doubt it.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2011 10:51 AM

Feb 2009
Ravens look great, scary defense. 7 forced turnovers vs the Steelers was impressive
Sep 17, 2011 11:59 PM

Aug 2008
Week 2. Prepare your anuses!

>:D

Sep 18, 2011 8:54 AM

Jun 2011
KyuuAL said:

Me vs you

Should prepare your anus XD
JaconaSep 18, 2011 9:58 AM
Sep 18, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Jaconator said:
KyuuAL said:

Me vs you

Should prepare you anus XD

Hahahaha. Dude. Caption that with:

XD

And yes! Lance Moore = active

Sep 18, 2011 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY SHIT....are the Lions really for real?

Also, UP YOURS Jacksonville.....certifiable BUMS!!!
Sep 18, 2011 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
HOLY SHIT....are the Lions really for real?!!!

Lemme know when Stafford gets hurt again. LOLOLOL

Also, Kansas City is this year's fail team.
KyuuALSep 18, 2011 12:29 PM

Sep 18, 2011 1:03 PM

Jun 2008
Mike Williams 0.2 fantasy points......DROPPED!!!!

KyuuAL said:
Also, Kansas City is this year's fail team.

Yeah, and now Jamaal Charles might be gone....

and what about the GARBAGE Indianapolis Colts......they couldn't even beat the Browns!

They should just tank the season....hell, why even play, they're HORRIBLE!!!

Might as well go after Luck...
Sep 18, 2011 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
Damn Ravens lost to the Titans. As usual the secondary sucks.
Sep 18, 2011 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
A little mad cuz Jason Campbell did .9 points better than Drew Brees

If i lose by .8 point to KyuuAL I would be a little pissed....
Sep 18, 2011 1:29 PM

May 2011
Damnit my Cards blew it at the end.
Sep 18, 2011 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
ESPN scoreboard sucks. They still have games that are in the 3rd quarter when the games are already over.
Sep 18, 2011 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
ZeroZx said:
Damnit my Cards blew it at the end.

Bad time to post

HTTR XD

Sep 18, 2011 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
Bears O-line. Ugh, saddest display of blocking evar... hell, they look worse now this year than last year, especially now losing two starters...

Sep 18, 2011 1:41 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, it's pretty awesome that the Titans beat the Ravens. I can't tell if it's a hangover for the Ravens or if the Titan's are better than I thought. I still doubt they'll go very far at all this season, but at least they aren't awful like I thought they would be. Time will tell.

And, lol, at that Lions/Chiefs score. Wow.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 18, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
Chiefs suck. Plain and simple.

Ravens laid a goose-egg. Looking at stats alone, Ravens D only produced 1 INT and nothing else. Add on the INTs and fumbles on the offensive side. So yea, that's a recipe for losing a game - almost no matter what team you're talking about.

And are the Bills fo' real? Dunno. Let 'em play a real team.

Sep 18, 2011 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
Jaconator said:

Scott Chandler produced a nice bonus 6-points for me :3

Jaconator said:

Lance Moore. 1 point :D

Sep 18, 2011 2:03 PM

Jun 2011
KyuuAL said:
Jaconator said:

Scott Chandler produced a nice bonus 6-points for me :3

Jaconator said:

Lance Moore. 1 point :D

only hope i got left is Cedric Benson, and maybe Giant's D is they get sacks
Sep 18, 2011 2:04 PM

Jan 2007
KyuuAL said:

And are the Bills fo' real? Dunno. Let 'em play a real team.

I hope so. Fitzpatrick and Johnson did me good today. Romo better do the same for my other league.
Sep 18, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Wow, it's pretty awesome that the Titans beat the Ravens. I can't tell if it's a hangover for the Ravens or if the Titan's are better than I thought. I still doubt they'll go very far at all this season, but at least they aren't awful like I thought they would be. Time will tell.

And, lol, at that Lions/Chiefs score. Wow.

Nah the Raven's secondary isn't good at all. Hasselbeck had a field day against them. Chris Johnson on the other hand can't run against their defensive line.
Sep 18, 2011 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
KyuuAL said:
Bears O-line. Ugh, saddest display of blocking evar... hell, they look worse now this year than last year, especially now losing two starters...
It doesn't help that the Bears' best receiver is their running back...
Sep 18, 2011 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:
Chad Henne finally plays good (400+ yards, 3 TDs, and the only INT was at the end, it doesn't really count).....just to be out staged by that Justin Beiber idiot.

LOL....Henne goes back to his BUM ways next week....just you wait!

>170 pass yards
>1 Int
>BUM!!!

CALLED IT...
Sep 18, 2011 4:34 PM

Jan 2007
awwww yeah! Great comeback by the Cowboys. Would've been nice if Holley made a touchdown though.

edit: Shit, my first round pick in my other league might be out for the rest of the year. T_T
Faust721Sep 18, 2011 5:12 PM
Sep 18, 2011 5:27 PM

Dec 2008
WHO DATTT?!?!? we shat on da bears, revenge feels fucking great, it only took 5 years to not play these bastards on a shitty field or in the snow...i love how arrogant the bears fans were at the beginning of the game when they went up 7-0 then there was silence...fucking awesome.

somehow newton threw for 400 yards again, vikings lol, bills are the greatest team ever assembled, and the chiefs got shitted on again.

good week aside from the vikes and chargers losing...now i will be rooting for michael vick for the first time in my life, it doesnt feel very good but if he works the falcons ill take it.
Sep 18, 2011 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
alexcampos said:
Chad Henne finally plays good (400+ yards, 3 TDs, and the only INT was at the end, it doesn't really count).....just to be out staged by that Justin Beiber idiot.

LOL....Henne goes back to his BUM ways next week....just you wait!

>170 pass yards
>1 Int
>BUM!!!

CALLED IT...
Well, Kyle Orton ain't all that better. XD

Sep 18, 2011 6:00 PM

Feb 2009
Green Bay's pass defense is still suspect but a win is a win........ blown coverages all over the place, but again they made the big plays to stop drives in the 2nd half. Woodson stepped up with 2 picks and a fumble recovery (bad ball control by Steve Smith). And another big 4th down stop late in the game. Cam looked good, just made some mistakes late. Nick Collins got carted off the field, sounds like he's ok though but I'd assume theyll keep him out vs the Bears just in case.
Sep 18, 2011 6:47 PM

Dec 2008
i hate vick so much right now, how the hell does that happen?
Sep 18, 2011 6:50 PM

Aug 2008
OK. Gonzalez and Maclin scored. I'm boned.

Sep 18, 2011 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
LOL...63 yard FG attempt.....FAIL!
Sep 18, 2011 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
LOL...63 yard FG attempt.....FAIL!

Doink. And too bad they didn't have anyone back there to catch the ball... to oh... run it back?

Sep 18, 2011 7:19 PM

Jan 2007
lawl, another pick for Vick.
Sep 18, 2011 7:20 PM

Dec 2008
Jimb0 said:

I hate vick even more now, lets see how much more he can suck
Sep 18, 2011 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
Jimb0 said:
Jimb0 said:

I hate vick even more now, lets see how much more he can suck

This is all setting up for an epic finale, just watch, the Eagles WILL win...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.